Killzone 2 Pre-Order Bonuses Thread - Demo w/ Pre-Order at GS

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=591

Reserve Killzone 2 and receive exclusive access to the Killzone 2 Demo. You must have access to Playstation Network in order to redeem promotion code. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Online Customers: Codes granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be sent via email starting on February 3rd.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A rave card granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be available in stores while supplies last beginning the week of January 5. Check with your local store for more information.

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230601245&sr=8-1

Amazon Exclusive Pre-order PS Home Costume Elements
Pre-order "Killzone 2" for PS3 and get Amazon exclusive PlayStation Home costumes for your Home avatar. With costume pieces for your head, torso, legs, hands and feet; you can customize your Home avatar to look like an ISA Soldier, a Helghast Assault Trooper, or something in between. Codes to access your bonus costumes will be sent no more than ten days after the game releases. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat170300050037

Plus, when you pre-order this sci-fi shooter now, you can receive a bonus pack that includes a code for a free Killzone 2 PS3 theme. Grab yours today!

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game....d=11008&LF=STL
(Thanks to leesiulung)
Pre-order Killzone 2 and receive a free T-Shirt. Offer good while supplies last.

pre_killzone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']Preorder bonuses for Home? Haha, wow.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you want your avatar decked out as such? HmmmMM!?

killzonehomecostum.jpg

[quote name='Ecofreak']Wouldn't you want your avatar decked out as such? HmmmMM!?

killzonehomecostum.jpg
[/quote]

I gotta admit, that's pretty cool, but I'd settle for a demo because I can't freakin' wait to play the game!

So when do you guys think we'd receive those demos for in-store reservations? I know the online one is Feb 3rd. Hopefully the in-store demos will arrive earlier than that.

Pretty cool freebies, but no more pre-ordering for me, especially from Amazon, got burned way too many times this year. Besides, i hate digital freebies, i'm more into art books and stuffs.

Wow those are pretty cool pre-order goods in my opinion. Early demo access and KZ Home costumes seem tempting to preorder. I hate preordering big games though, especially from GS.

If that KZ stuff was for LBP I might preorder, but since I can't seem to get into Home anymore that would serve me no purpose. I might do the gamestop one, but I hate that store. Hmmm.

[quote name='sm4ckd0wn']Aren't demos supposed to be for people who aren't sure if they want the game or not?[/quote]

Yeah..... this seems silly just like when the Motorstorm PR demo was a Qore exclusive.

Seems like the more people you let try the demo, the more buyers you might have.

Whatever.... I actually pre-ordered in a Gamestop like 3 days ago... guess I'll have to check back with them.

[quote name='sm4ckd0wn']Aren't demos supposed to be for people who aren't sure if they want the game or not?[/quote]

That's why you just need to put the $5 down toward the game at GameStop, and if you don't like the demo... then simply put that $5 toward a different game of your liking.

A rave card granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be available at time of game reservation.

Lies and slander. I went to pre-order today and the clerk had no freakin' idea what I was talking about.

I've been in the Beta forever, so the demo holds no interest for me. I'll take the Home costumes, for the time being.

I may switch over to the Collector's Edition when it gets listed, but Amazon tends to destroy any Collector's Edition box that they ship to me so I'll be hesitant to do that (along with the fact that Amazon seems to drop CE's by $20 two weeks after they release).

Okay, so BB is doing their reserve the game and get the bonus pack for free thing. You can choose in-store pickup for the game as well when it comes out in Feb.

Now I thought I read about some people doing this in the past, but what if I order both and set the pre-order up to ship now and the game for in-store pickup and then BestBuy cancels my order either before the release date, or after the 8 days if I don't go up and pickup the game? Do they still try and charge you the $5 since it says the "Free Bonus Item" policy is in effect with this promotion? How can they charge you for this when you walk into a BB store now and pickup the pre-order pack and then after the game releases you head back to BB and return the receipt for your money back and say, "My friend bought this for me as a gift, so I don't need it anymore." Are they going to expect their used empty game case back?

Thanks OP. I'll take a KZ2 demo. I just need to transfer one of the pre-orders, that I never picked up, over to KZ2 at GS.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Hmm... hate gamestop, but I do want the demo.[/quote]

- put $5 down
- receive demo
- cancel pre-order at a later date
- get back your $5

[quote name='VipFREAK']Hmm... that sounds like a good plan. Thanks

You can cancel the pre-order for sure?[/quote]

Yeah. I just remembered that I need to go cancel my LBP pre-order. If you use store credit for the pre-order, sometimes they issue the refund in cash. :whistle2:#

Anyone here at all find it odd that Gamestop's exclusive for Killzone 2 is only a demo? Thats kinda lame, I mean it would be good to play and all, but in the long run it is useless and holds no value after the game is out. The demo should just be released on PSN and not to an exclusive retailer. Than again, I do remember that people where crazy about the RE4 demo on the gamecube, but with outlets like X-Box Live, PSN, and One of many Wii Channel's out there shouldn't a Publisher want to release there demo on a network like that instead of limiting it to one retailer? I'd understand if Gamestop was offeriing a beta, but a demo? That is so Last Gen!!

The theme and Home outfit are more appealing, so when I am in Home and hitting on a supposive female I could tell her (more likel a him) how I am wearing a limited edition outfit by pre-ordering Killzone 2.

By the way, I shouldn't talk I paid $49.99 for a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2, I did get a free game called Zone of The Enders with it though, and I heard it was a good game but would probably never play it.

i'm in for the HOME costume just so i can cover up the ugly HOME avatar models. dont care about a demo or a theme.

Sounds ok if the game was any good. Played the beta and was not impressed. It was similar to the Socom game. A bit broken and not too much fun with multiplayer. If they somehow fix these issues then I may be in for this game...once it drops in price of course.

So is the demo already live if you were to pre-order in the store? Can I go get it today and be playing the demo this afternoon?

[quote name='Davestation']Anyone here at all find it odd that Gamestop's exclusive for Killzone 2 is only a demo? Thats kinda lame, I mean it would be good to play and all, but in the long run it is useless and holds no value after the game is out. The demo should just be released on PSN and not to an exclusive retailer. Than again, I do remember that people where crazy about the RE4 demo on the gamecube, but with outlets like X-Box Live, PSN, and One of many Wii Channel's out there shouldn't a Publisher want to release there demo on a network like that instead of limiting it to one retailer? I'd understand if Gamestop was offeriing a beta, but a demo? That is so Last Gen!!

The theme and Home outfit are more appealing, so when I am in Home and hitting on a supposive female I could tell her (more likel a him) how I am wearing a limited edition outfit by pre-ordering Killzone 2.

By the way, I shouldn't talk I paid $49.99 for a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2, I did get a free game called Zone of The Enders with it though, and I heard it was a good game but would probably never play it.[/quote]

I believe this was their exclusive for Socom, littlebigplanet and motorstorm2 as well. Demos, betas, etc; it's all the new hype. Most people would rather get early access play a version of the game than to get a cool keychain or .05c plastic figurine.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Okay, so BB is doing their reserve the game and get the bonus pack for free thing. You can choose in-store pickup for the game as well when it comes out in Feb.

Now I thought I read about some people doing this in the past, but what if I order both and set the pre-order up to ship now and the game for in-store pickup and then BestBuy cancels my order either before the release date, or after the 8 days if I don't go up and pickup the game? Do they still try and charge you the $5 since it says the "Free Bonus Item" policy is in effect with this promotion? How can they charge you for this when you walk into a BB store now and pickup the pre-order pack and then after the game releases you head back to BB and return the receipt for your money back and say, "My friend bought this for me as a gift, so I don't need it anymore." Are they going to expect their used empty game case back?[/quote]

You can just go in and put the $5 toward something else. I usually pre-order with best buy and all the receipt eversays is $5 reserve LittleBigPlanet(or whatever game you have). I also no that no one ever knows anything about the pre-orders in there so even if you weren't supposed to, they have no idea. I have done this in my store before though, so no worries

[quote name='hothitter']I believe this was their exclusive for Socom, littlebigplanet and motorstorm2 as well. Demos, betas, etc; it's all the new hype. Most people would rather get early access play a version of the game than to get a cool keychain or .05c plastic figurine.[/quote]

the LBP preorder was the God of War costume pack, the beta was not available as a bonus. they also had a demo as a preorder bonus for Ratchet and Clank Future which was lame as well.

I inadvertently did the "pre-order/get bonus/cancel" deal at Gamestop with LBP. I decided not to get it right away, went into the store and cancelled my pre-order, and then a few weeks later got the code for the Kratos costume pack via email. I downloaded the costume pack two months before I even owned the game.

[quote name='silks']I've been in the Beta forever, so the demo holds no interest for me. I'll take the Home costumes, for the time being.

I may switch over to the Collector's Edition when it gets listed, but Amazon tends to destroy any Collector's Edition box that they ship to me so I'll be hesitant to do that (along with the fact that Amazon seems to drop CE's by $20 two weeks after they release).[/quote]

great another CE that I will have to get. I'm with you on the amazon thing, I waited and got resistance 2 CE for price of regular game.

Best Buy sounds the best to me. I'm sure the demo will be on the PSN, and LOL Home, but I do like themes. Went to Best Buy yesterday to get it, and even though the store locator said they had it I couldn't find any preorder boxes for any games at all. They won't stop moving shit around.

VipFREAK, you should be able to cancel it online. If you specified in-store pickup, you'll have to go to the store in person.

This is what it says on the Web site:

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A rave card granting access to the Killzone 2 Demo will be available in stores while supplies last beginning the week of January 5. Check with your local store for more information.

[quote name='menikmati']I might check Calzone 2 out, even though I despise the DS3 for FPS games.[/quote]

Funny that somebody else calls this Calzone as well. Thought it was just me! :bouncy:

Man I loved the 1st game, especially multiplayer w/ all those freakin' bots. Hopefully this one will be as sweet if not sweeter. Will be PS3-napping my friends PS3 to check this one out, may even break down and get one if it's that good. :lol:

[quote name='earvcunanan']Updated the OP. The GameStop demo will be available on the week of January 5 for in-store customers![/quote]

Great!!! Time to go pre-order and then cancel later!!!

bread's done
Back