Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

Oh well didn't get an email, despite dl'n the theme pretty early. BS really. I'll probably just buy the game used if they're going to pull crap like this.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh well didn't get an email, despite dl'n the theme pretty early. BS really. I'll probably just buy the game used if they're going to pull crap like this.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt be surprised if at some point all plus members get a chance to play it like how they did with the acb beta.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Oh well didn't get an email, despite dl'n the theme pretty early. BS really. I'll probably just buy the game used if they're going to pull crap like this.[/QUOTE]

so if im reading this correctly, if you get a beta invite, you buy new. if you dont get a beta invite, you buy used. am i right in that assessment?

[quote name='8bitArtist']so if im reading this correctly, if you get a beta invite, you buy new. if you dont get a beta invite, you buy used. am i right in that assessment?[/QUOTE]

That's how I'm feeling atm yes. Sony/GG clearly messed up on this Beta giveaway. There's a thread at the official Playstation forum where a lot of people who downloaded the theme soon after it showed up didn't get the email. AT

Here's the thread: http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Killzone-3/mother-some-PSN-applicants-have-yet-to-receive-their-beta/m-p/46321016\\

50 pages (in less than a day) worth of others who also seem to think they got in early: http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/THE-OFFICIAL-BETA-REJECTS-CLUB/td-p/538764

I just think the whole way they set this up was bullshit. If they wanted to limit the amount of people in the beta then post the beta download in the PSN Store and when you got to 5,000 people remove it. Plain and simple. No having to wait and see for an email or anything.

[quote name='Darknyss']I set up a CAG clan. If anyone wants an invite send me a FR and let me know it's for KZ3.[/QUOTE]

heh, noticed you on my team earlier :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's how I'm feeling atm yes. Sony/GG clearly messed up on this Beta giveaway. There's a thread at the official Playstation forum where a lot of people who downloaded the theme soon after it showed up didn't get the email. AT

Here's the thread: http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Killzone-3/mother-some-PSN-applicants-have-yet-to-receive-their-beta/m-p/46321016\\

50 pages (in less than a day) worth of others who also seem to think they got in early: http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-3-PS3/THE-OFFICIAL-BETA-REJECTS-CLUB/td-p/538764

I just think the whole way they set this up was bullshit. If they wanted to limit the amount of people in the beta then post the beta download in the PSN Store and when you got to 5,000 people remove it. Plain and simple. No having to wait and see for an email or anything.[/QUOTE]

so if you downloaded the theme you were supposed to be guaranteed a beta invite? im not a ps+ member and never will be so i dont keep up on the news dealing with that.

anyway, even if that is the case, to say you wont buy new because you didnt get into the beta is pretty absurd. i dont agree with how they do their beta invites either as i stated earlier, but thats not going to stop me from supporting a most likely phenomenal game.

just seems like a whole lotta butt hurt whiners if ya ask me. (no offense to you. ;))

[quote name='8bitArtist']so if you downloaded the theme you were supposed to be guaranteed a beta invite? im not a ps+ member and never will be so i dont keep up on the news dealing with that.

anyway, even if that is the case, to say you wont buy new because you didnt get into the beta is pretty absurd. i dont agree with how they do their beta invites either as i stated earlier, but thats not going to stop me from supporting a most likely phenomenal game.

just seems like a whole lotta butt hurt whiners if ya ask me. (no offense to you. ;))[/QUOTE]

no the first 5000 plus memebers to dl the theme were supposed to get one.

I don't know what to say about the MP. It feels very strange to me. They did make quite a bit of changes. The controls feel CoD-ish and there's barely any recoil. Seems like they took out what made KZ stand out from other shooters.

Also, the mechs seem really out of place. And while they do have the ability to squad up outside of matches, you can't spawn on the squad leader like KZ2. I wish there was a "put me in a squad" option like BFBC as well.

I don't know if it's because I've been playing BF so much recently and have been out of the KZ2 loop, but something feels off. /shrug

2010-10-28_helghast-edition_ma.jpg

This Helghast Edition will cost $130 dollars.
It comes with:
Killzone 3
Miniature Helgahst helmet (for a cat maybe)
6.5" Cloaking Helghast figure
Making of the game video
Art book
Super Voucher for Soundtrack & PS3 theme, 2 maps from Killzone 2, double XP first 24 Hours plus all weapons and abilities for 24 hour of muliplayer.

Standard Edition is $59.99
Available on 2/22/11
More info at Killzone 3 Website

Last edited by a moderator:
$130? lol. It's laughable when Halo does it with their Legendary sets, but at least they have the user base to back it up. Guerilla Games and Sony are crazy for pricing it that high. It should be $79.99-$99.99 tops. The Helmet does look badass though

[quote name='ssjmichael']$130? lol. It's laughable when Halo does it with their Legendary sets, but at least they have the user base to back it up. Guerilla Games and Sony are crazy for pricing it that high. It should be $79.99-$99.99 tops. The Helmet does look badass though[/QUOTE]

just give it a few months the price will drop fast enough. look at how quick the ultimate gow3 collection dropped.

I pretty much agree with everything Darknyss said. I also think this feels more COD-ish. Actually, the entire online feels COD-ish. I loved KZ2, but I don't know if I can get into this. I'm sure it'd be a lot more fun with CAGs though. At this point, I might be looking forward to the campaign more.

So... call me lazy but I don't want to read through the whole thread and I couldn't find anything through google...

How long is the beta supposed to last? Is there an estimate or an end date planned?

Man, I can't freaking believe that the Helghast edition costs $130. For that freaking price, you should get all the future DLC for free. I'd really like to have all of that stuff, but that's $10 more than the cost of two freaking games!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I seriously think whoever purchases the $130 collector's edition is a down right FOOL !

I swear CAG's are getting more and more stupid.[/QUOTE]

Well, I got the God Of War III Collector's edition for $80 (I used a bunch of reward points to pay for it, so I think it was nearly free after my credits hit); that was only $20 more, and you got a bunch of value for the extra $20.

But this is double the cost of the regular game, and you don't get much more for your money than the replica helmet and the action figure. The art book looks like the God of War III art book, which was good, but not great. I think $90 is a fair price for this, and that's only if you have some kind of credit to knock it down to the price of a regular game or less.

[quote name='jh6269']Well, I got the God Of War III Collector's edition for $80 (I used a bunch of reward points to pay for it, so I think it was nearly free after my credits hit); that was only $20 more, and you got a bunch of value for the extra $20.

But this is double the cost of the regular game, and you don't get much more for your money than the replica helmet and the action figure. The art book looks like the God of War III art book, which was good, but not great. I think $90 is a fair price for this, and that's only if you have some kind of credit to knock it down to the price of a regular game or less.[/QUOTE]

i almost bought that and id have been so pissed if i did especially after it ended up goin for sale for 20 bucks a few months later in places. that and overall being dissappointed with the game. i have yet to find a ce/se worth paying full price for.

Killzone was always frantic, CoDish to me. What helped was the larger maps and different placing of the objectives.

But on the smaller maps, it could to into assault fests, with e every one in armor and cramped on both sides of narrow corridors. That is when it felt sloppy to me.

[quote name='lokizz']i almost bought that and id have been so pissed if i did especially after it ended up goin for sale for 20 bucks a few months later in places. that and overall being dissappointed with the game. i have yet to find a ce/se worth paying full price for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't pay attention to how much the Ultimate Edition was after a few months. I figured they'd all be used or something. Even now, the used copies of the UE are $60, and the new ones are $99 on Amazon.

So, when do you buy the collector's editions to get them very cheap? Do you need to pretty much check every day until it hits the price you want?

I know this thread is about KZ3 but the KZ2 thread's latest post is from almost a year ago so I figured I would ask in here.

Is anyone real familiar with or still play KZ2?

I just picked it up the other night and I'm having a tough time killing people, it seems like it's lag, but then there are people who run SUPER fast and just spray with the SMG and kill me in a few shots, mean while I'm emptying on them and they just run away, or multiple people are emptying on them and they run away.

There's this clan in the game I'm currently in right now their symbol is a star and then BTK.

This player in particular XxSniperRxDeathxX is the one that is running around super fast and spraying and killing everyone. I don't know if it's like a badge he's using or hes using a glitch or what but it's pretty fucking lame. I don't see anyone else on the other team or my team running that fast nor killing people that fast. He's super hard to kill.

[quote name='hustletron']I know this thread is about KZ3 but the KZ2 thread's latest post is from almost a year ago so I figured I would ask in here.

Is anyone real familiar with or still play KZ2?

I just picked it up the other night and I'm having a tough time killing people, it seems like it's lag, but then there are people who run SUPER fast and just spray with the SMG and kill me in a few shots, mean while I'm emptying on them and they just run away, or multiple people are emptying on them and they run away.

There's this clan in the game I'm currently in right now their symbol is a star and then BTK.

This player in particular XxSniperRxDeathxX is the one that is running around super fast and spraying and killing everyone. I don't know if it's like a badge he's using or hes using a glitch or what but it's pretty fucking lame. I don't see anyone else on the other team or my team running that fast nor killing people that fast. He's super hard to kill.[/QUOTE]
Some of those people playing have been playing since day 1.. and dominate on that game, I am one of those who runs through and wrecks shit on people, you'll get better with a lot of hours. More than likely he has all of his ribbons, badges and medals..all weapons and secondary spots unlocked. Some characters wear armor and can boost (run really fast) he could be using him... some assholes glitch and use lag switches.. pathetic and it's fun when you kill there ass over and over again even when they're cheating.. The game is badass I played it up until a week or so ago when I got the Beta for Killzone 3 and have been playing the shit out of it.. my rank is already up pretty damn good and I'm unlocking things others don't have..

Play it more ..practice and you'll love it.. and Killzone 3 is going to blow your mind..

I like it, it's just combined with people like that and getting spawn camped constantly it gets old.

But yeah I noticed most of his clan mates when they did die, they slid all over the ground like they were lagging and they did run REALLY fast. Like they out ran the sentry guns in the spawn it was fucking gay.

[quote name='hustletron']I like it, it's just combined with people like that and getting spawn camped constantly it gets old.

But yeah I noticed most of his clan mates when they did die, they slid all over the ground like they were lagging and they did run REALLY fast. Like they out ran the sentry guns in the spawn it was fucking gay.[/QUOTE]
If you're just starting out go into rooms that have limited rank.. that way you don't have top ranked people slaughtering you and you have a chance toget a feel for the game with people on your level

Thing I didn't like about KZ2 was the map packs. Should have been more put into them if you ask me. But it was cool how they added different gameplay elements like new weapons.

Are they going to do that with KZ3? I'll be a bit disappointed.

[quote name='jh6269']Yeah, I didn't pay attention to how much the Ultimate Edition was after a few months. I figured they'd all be used or something. Even now, the used copies of the UE are $60, and the new ones are $99 on Amazon.

So, when do you buy the collector's editions to get them very cheap? Do you need to pretty much check every day until it hits the price you want?[/QUOTE]

i only get the if theres something in them i really want. the ue had anther skin for kratos and 7 extra challenges which funny enough both are free for plus subs. i havent seen a ce wrorth buying in a while and most times i only get one if the price is cheap 20 or 30 bucks and if i havent played the game yet like when i got sr2ce for 15 or 20.

I've been playing KZ2, I've gotten to Sarge Major on 2 different accounts and unlocked up to the Heavy MG on both.

I really have to question a developer when they make a fucking pistol that kills in 1 shot. In close quarters while using the heavy MG I get outgunned by a pistol or AR. WTF.

When I use the AR it's like you are penalized for shooting in short controlled bursts while people kill me in 2 to 3 shots by spraying. I really don't get this game. I've played a bit and I have a positive KDR but it just doesn't make sense. The only gun that seems to make sense is the sniper and I probably won't unlock that till last of course.

Uuugh I am way too excited about this game!
Mainly the move support.
And the 3D, but I'm too poor the buy a 3DTV

I checked my messages and I have a KZ3 beta invite in it. This is legit right? I know there have been phishing/hacking attempts like this in the past via PSN messages, but there is a news article mentioning the invites being sent out. This is probably how it should have been done to begin with..
Sony has started sending out beta invites to users directly through PlayStation Network messages, rather than through redeemable codes in email messages, as the company has done in the past.

Thousands of surprised PSN users are finding Killzone 3 beta invites in their inboxes today, as Sony begins to implement its new beta invite system. These official beta invites carry the official PSN logo as well as the beta name in the "From" section of the message. At the bottom of each message is a link to the PlayStation Store to download the beta itself.

KZ3%20beta%20invite%20article%20screen.jpg

Clickable links mark a clear improvement over the cumbersome 12-character codes that users had to redeem to enter into past betas—not that those were all that difficult to begin with. This serves as a reminder that, nearly four years after the launch of the PlayStation Network, Sony continues to improve the experience for its users, bit by bit.
http://citeseer.ist.psu.com/Sony-be...-invites-through-PSN-messages--a010049-p0.php

Yep, just DL'd it and played 2 rounds. It's pretty damn hectic, but it looks gorgeous. I like the new XP system so far, but I didn't mind the old KZ2 leveling up either. Now to learn the maps and do better than the 2-11 and I just did, lol.

[quote name='8bitArtist']hooray ssj will now buy the game new! hahahaha[/QUOTE]

eight bit artist ....that sounds familiar ... ? who are you ?

Who was the CAG in my game today? I noticed that you got me at least once. The game moves so fast that I lose track of everyone.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I remember seeing you before and hearing about you. I liked your work, very original and cool IMO.[/QUOTE]

thanks man. being "original" however is personal opinion. i got emails over the years telling me i should get sued by nintendo. hahahaha.

i actually started a 9 foot painting of kekfa in angel form with the huge 3 scene boss under him, but alas i never finished it.

167md.jpg

Ranked 167 out of 23352 people playing .. not too bad if I do say so myself.. Can't wait for this game to come out!! I'm killlingem

Last edited by a moderator:
im enjoying it more now that i understand more of what you can do. they still need to dial down the power of those drones as well as some of the other special abilities.

bread's done
Back