Killzone 3 General Discussion & Info - Out NOW

[quote name='Cigarl']I'm not huge into this game, but never playing a KZ before I thought I'd try it. I have really enjoyed it and like it better than COD, but I'm really tired of playing the same dlc map over in the death match game. There used to be a vote at the end of the game on the next map, but that is gone most of the time. Has anyone heard if there is going to be a fix for this any time in the future?[/QUOTE]

This is a known bug, at this point your options are:
1) Back out of the game and reconnect hoping to get on a different server (you usually will)
b) Specify which map to play in the options and change it up when needed

The voting option is still there on games that are running in the standard maps, but if you enter one with the DLC you won't have that option because that content isn't universal. I'm off my soapbox from the other day but there's some definitely flaws in the current matchmaking system that weren't really there in KZ2 (a lot of people question why the custom matchmaking was removed).

My rant was more heat of the moment.. I realized that I only had about 32 hours of multiplayer in on KZ2 and I was playing that from Feb-June the year it came out (extensively the week I went for a valor medal). I've already topped that in 1 month of KZ3. I've definitely gotten a ton of value out of it so far and I'll keep it in the mix. My new guilty pleasure as of last night is Just Cause 2 though, popped it in for about 90 minutes and had a blast with it.

The problem that I've found when I specify a map is the matchmaking stinks. I'm not good by anyones standard and usually end up right around a 1-1 k2d ratio but when a specific map is picked the player pool drops significantly and I end up getting slammed for a few games by a bunch of players that are way more skilled until I back out and start over.

Thanks for the info though. Hopefully GG fixes the bug in the new future. It would almost be worth deleting the game data and reinstalling without the dlc maps.

goldbug - thats one good solution. the problem with the warzone maps is that at the end of each regular nondlc map, you get to vote on the next map out of all the possibilities. so people usually pick their favorites (turbine,etc). hence, when you select a nonfavorite map, you'll find barely anyone in there. theres beeen times when im the only one in a map.

i love operations. but i hate that its the same 3 maps again and again. gg even said in a podcast that they werent going make any more. why?

i thought you would be spending all your tme ithe socom beta.

[quote name='enufs8d']
i thought you would be spending all your tme ithe socom beta.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to probably play nothing but Socom when April 19th rolls around (I've got the move bundle on preorder:applause:), but I do enjoy playing a fps from time to time and like I said in an earlier post, I enjoy the KZ game much more than the COD auto aim crap where no one works together or communicates. I'm just trying to decide if I should dump this game while I can still get something for it or if I should keep it for the occasional game. If GG isn't going to fix the map bug then I'll probably get rid of the game even though I enjoy it.

Patch 1.07 will be released Wednesday, April 6th. Here are the preliminary patch notes.

[quote name='LevTrin12']I know you want to be informed as much as possible. So I'm writing up the preliminary patch notes for Patch 1.07.

Please Note: this is subject to change and we don't know exactly when this will go live yet. I will inform you on that as soon as we can, but we are trying to roll this out in the first week of April.

Patch 1.07 Contents list:

Custom Games PHASE ONE for Clans and solo players - Explanation below

Gameplay
  • Bullet Damage and Faster Aim ribbon now unlock correctly
  • Separate turn speeds for ADS on Primary weapons in Multiplayer
  • Increased Accuracy ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
  • Bullet Damage ribbon effectiveness has been lowered
  • The 3rd person revive beam now shows correctly
  • Bilgarsk Boulevard - preventing players getting stuck at spawn location
  • Akmir Snowdrift – fixed a problem where the speaker object can fall beneath a piece of geometry
  • Fixed a crash when joining a Guerrilla Warfare Clan match
  • Blood Gracht – Fix for a hang when the Recon ability was used

Functionality
  • Fixed a crash while joining a Warzone game
  • Player gets directed to multiplayer lobby when being kicked from game due to inactivity
  • Adjustments to reduce the server load

Exploit
  • MAWLR Graveyard –Improved collision around one of the Capture and Hold locations
  • Kaznan Jungle – Added a blocker around a tree to prevent player to use tree to jump out of the level
  • Bilgarsk Boulevard - Removed invisible collision of S&D objectives in Guerrilla Warfare
  • Bilgarsk Boulevard - Prevent players from accessing an advantageous position (above the ISA Base) and climb out of the level

Single Player Campaign
  • Scrapyard Shortcut - Mobile Factory – Fixed a hang to a red Debug screen upon the user reaching the Jetpack Troopers

Menu
  • Added a “Mute all” button
  • Updated icons and text on the Medals statistics
  • Fixed clipped text for moderator messages
  • The Faster Reload ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
  • The Increased Accuracy ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
  • The Bullet Damage ribbon now updates properly on the Personal statistics page
  • Fixes a hang when accepting a squad invite on the final results screen of an online game
  • Fixed the Pause functionality in Botzone on the Class selection screen
  • "Squad menu" is changed to "manage players” in the menu

Move/Sharpshooter
  • Button configuration improvements - Swapped L1/L2 grenade and aim
  • Melee is now on the circle button
  • Multiplayer - Aim Lock will now time out after one second
  • Camera turn upped while using jetpack. Lowered for mounted weapons

Explanation of Custom Games

Custom Games will be rolled out in 2 patches. This one (1.07) and a future patch. We don't know when this will be yet.

PHASE ONE

Phase One of Custom Games gives players the option to create unranked games with the choice of:
  • Game Mode
  • Map
  • Missions (Warzone only)
  • Mission Time (Warzone only)
  • Invite Squad members
  • Invite Enemy Squad Leader

This gives players the ability to create private matches, and playing with and against friends or a rival clan for instance. People who don’t get an invite to these games won’t be able to join through matchmaking.

PHASE TWO

We still need to spec this out, so this is subject to change, but we are looking to add the options of choosing:
  • More configuration options for missions in Warzone and Operations
  • Adjustable kill count for Guerrilla Warfare
  • Configurable Unlocks (choose which one you want to play with)
  • Configurable Classes (choose which one you want to play with)
  • Configurable Weapons, Abilities, Skills, Ribbons
  • Friendly Fire On/Off
  • Brutal Melee On/Off

That's it for now![/QUOTE]

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Announcements-Events/Preliminary-patch-notes-Patch-1-07/td-p/936839

damn ps+ discrimination. well its the first map with both jetback and exo. im just not looking forward to getting gunned down by an exo.

kz3 doesnt feel like it has enough maps. i suspect the problem is allowing players to select their map out of the all possible choices. in the end, people just pick the top 3. if gg restricted the choices offered at the start of each battle, then you would get a sense of more maps. but once again, no additional operations map?

Yup, there won't be any Operations DLC according to GG.

Also, they confirmed the DLC bug will not be fixed until the next patch. :bomb:

on 04-04-2011 10:16 AM

SnakeMan-5811- wrote:
Good to hear lev. Gotta say though I hate people that complain but I myself am getting a little disgruntled about the map rotation bug. Can you shed any light on what the status is on that fix?

We are fixing that in the next patch after 1.07. We don't know when this goes live yet.

Lev
I think it's pretty lame to release more DLC before the last one is even working properly.

So I just finished getting every trophy for the game. I really do like the online play, but only doa few of the maps. Sorry to say I am not finding the problems some of you are talking about.

I did like the story mode also, but it did feel dumbed down a bit from KZ2. And I can't help but wonder if it was because of the Move support. I had no problem with the elite mode and none of the trophys were really hard to get. I did love the game, but just did not feel it was a challenge.

I know I'm late to Killzone 3 but I'm really enjoying the multiplayer and I'm willing to play with anybody

I bought two sharpshooters and move controllers for this! Unfortunately it's only one player but I really enjoyed. I hope they can add these to other games soon because it cost quite a bit.

Anyone else got move with sharpshooter with it?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Was the problems with the repeating DLC maps ever fixed?[/QUOTE]

yeah seemed to be fixed..now if everyone playing has the DLC then it will come up in voting list otherwise just the reg list

its actually been pretty good last few weeks...lots of people still playing

I just picked this up the other, and I was wondering if it was worth picking up the map pack bundle. I don't really care about the extra trophies, but are there enough people playing on the DLC maps?

Anybody want my voucher code? I got the helghast edition sometime ago and forgot I had this voucher. Send me a PM if you want it.

edit: gone

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally tried KZ3 wit the Sharpshooter. Wow, I cannot get the hang of it. Any tips/settings that I should be using. Turning with the gun is just an odd feeling.

[quote name='doubledown']I finally tried KZ3 wit the Sharpshooter. Wow, I cannot get the hang of it. Any tips/settings that I should be using. Turning with the gun is just an odd feeling.[/QUOTE]

Tried it too. I like the ease of shooting things, but movement is a bit trippy. My biggest complaint is calibrating it so that it aims perfectly, which I think is pretty much impossible. The Sharpshooter needs a physical scope, ironsights, or any targeting reticle other than what you see on screen. I wonder if it works better for SOCOM 4?

bread's done
Back