Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoasaywhat']49.99!! What are you thinking Amazon?[/QUOTE]

And its already sold out in under a minute, I would of bit for $30.. but i mean $50?!?! Amazon is nuts.

[quote name='ShadowSx']And its already sold out in under a minute, I would of bit for $30.. but i mean $50?!?! Amazon is nuts.[/QUOTE]
apparently it's the consumer that's nuts. THey bought it

My order from Monday finally shipped. I hope it is packed as well as the Bioshock 2 LE which looked like it was still in the original packaging from the distributor.

For some reason, the front seal on my Killzone box was ripped off and so was the one on the sales floor. Side seals were intact, and after mulling it over, I decided to open the box. Everthing was included and new. How weird..

Sorry if this has been answered already - I didn't see it. Where is the DLC voucher in the package? I opened my Helghast from Best Buy and found the figure, the helmet, the art book, and the game. Is the voucher packed in with the game?

[quote name='illennium']Sorry if this has been answered already - I didn't see it. Where is the DLC voucher in the package? I opened my Helghast from Best Buy and found the figure, the helmet, the art book, and the game. Is the voucher packed in with the game?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly its in the game case. I haven't gotten mine so I can't say for certain, but that is what others were saying a few pages back.

[quote name='czissis']Supposedly its in the game case. I haven't gotten mine so I can't say for certain, but that is what others were saying a few pages back.[/QUOTE]

I got my HE last week. The DLC voucher is in the game case.

[quote name='illennium']Sorry if this has been answered already - I didn't see it. Where is the DLC voucher in the package? I opened my Helghast from Best Buy and found the figure, the helmet, the art book, and the game. Is the voucher packed in with the game?[/QUOTE]

Amazingly, I was able to pick up the very last one at my local Best Buy and the voucher was, in fact, inside of my game case. Box was like most everyone else's as it was beat all to hell, but everything inside was perfect.

[quote name='illennium']Thanks for the replies. I'll open the game case and check for the voucher.[/QUOTE]

It's in the game case. My word is bond.

You can also look through the (any clear PS3) case at an angle and see there is a manual and another 1 sheet insert.

[quote name='slowdive21']It's in the game case. My word is bond.

You can also look through the (any clear PS3) case at an angle and see there is a manual and another 1 sheet insert.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='kouleefoh']apparently it's the consumer that's nuts. THey bought it[/QUOTE]
The average shnook consumer IS by and large insane. They pay $100 for a 'name brand' HDMI cable when they could've just paid $1-5 for one from eBay or NewEgg and had all of that extra money to spend on the newest Madden at full price, which is also an insane purchase typically.

But hey, at least they're supporting the economy by spending lotsa money...stupidly.;)

[quote name='slowdive21']It's in the game case. My word is bond.

You can also look through the (any clear PS3) case at an angle and see there is a manual and another 1 sheet insert.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but is the voucher expired or u can still redeem it?

Still backordered and I placed on the 25th. Anybody with a later date get a shipping confirmation yet? :cry:

[quote name='tenike1']My Vanquish and HE Killzone 3 are still stuck on backordered. My Dead to Rights cannot be cancelled. Come on, come on. I've had some decent luck with BB.com though, so hopefully it doesn't let me down now.[/QUOTE]

If the system does not allow you to cancel, does that usually mean the game will be shipped eventually?

[quote name='jling84']If the system does not allow you to cancel, does that usually mean the game will be shipped eventually?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, yes.

Bestbuy has been great this BF and beyond. They completely curbstomped Amazon this year.

Already Received:

REACH LE x 2
KZ3 HE x 2
Bulletstorm
Dirt 3
Tropico 4
EDF:IA
Bioshock 2 LE

Waiting on:
ALICE
Vanquish

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']My tracking number still doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, got my tracking number for KZ on 12/3 and it still is invalid according to UPS.

Shift 2, Tomb Raider, Alice, and EDF have shipped but tracking #s are not valid yet. Regardless, all but TR will be returned or sold as I found them in store last week.

Kinda pumped. One KZ: Helghast has been sitting behind customer service since Monday. Yesterday when picking up some B2G1 3ds games I asked when the instore pickup was going to cancel on it. 3 minutes later girl hands it to me and says it is yours!

[quote name='tenike1']In my experience, yes.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. My Vanquish order has been estimated to ship in "null-null" days forever now and it won't let me cancel.

[quote name='soonerdoc']Kinda pumped. One KZ: Helghast has been sitting behind customer service since Monday. Yesterday when picking up some B2G1 3ds games I asked when the instore pickup was going to cancel on it. 3 minutes later girl hands it to me and says it is yours![/QUOTE]

Awesome. Did it work with buy 2 get 1 ?

[quote name='tenike1']Still backordered and I placed on the 25th. Anybody with a later date get a shipping confirmation yet? :cry:[/QUOTE]

IIRC, several people including myself ordered on the 28th and have got shipping confirmations.

[quote name='Raiborg']IIRC, several people including myself ordered on the 28th and have got shipping confirmations.[/QUOTE]

fuck

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']My tracking number still doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FadeToOne']Yeah, got my tracking number for KZ on 12/3 and it still is invalid according to UPS.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't work either as of noon today but when I got home it said departed Indianapolis, estimated delivery Thursday.

[quote name='Trace17']Mine didn't work either as of noon today but when I got home it said departed Indianapolis, estimated delivery Thursday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine finally works, estimated delivery is Friday.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Awesome. Did it work with buy 2 get 1 ?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I didn't really try. I had picked up disneyland, MK7 and Mario 3DS using the B2G1 and had already checked out. When he brought me the killzone I was gonna grab 3 more games but he pulled the ad out and said 29.99 and up. I could have asked him to ring it up and see but was just glad to get it for 24.50 after waiting all week.

So has anyone tried KZ3 CE with the b2g1 promo? I wasn't sure if its price is 24.50 or if the system would consider it a "sale" price.

[quote name='slowdive21']So has anyone tried KZ3 CE with the b2g1 promo? I wasn't sure if its price is 24.50 or if the system would consider it a "sale" price.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, here's what happened to me on Sunday at Best Buy. Without all of the details of price changes and overrides and all that crap, I was going to purchase Saints Row The Third, Infamous 2 (which was apparently incorrectly labeled at $39.99), and Alice (which was also apparently incorrectly labeled) for the b2g1 promo. All three games were marked at $39.99, but when I got to the register, Alice rang up at $19.50. Maybe it's been that way for awhile, I'm not for sure, but I only got it because my wife expressed last minute interest so I got it for a Christmas gift. Anyway, long story short, Alice was $19.50 and rang up free, so I'd assume as long as you have two $29.99 games, you could get KZ3 CE for free, unless my Best Buy is flawed, but thought I'd share anyway.

[quote name='beane316']FWIW, here's what happened to me on Sunday at Best Buy. Without all of the details of price changes and overrides and all that crap, I was going to purchase Saints Row The Third, Infamous 2 (which was apparently incorrectly labeled at $39.99), and Alice (which was also apparently incorrectly labeled) for the b2g1 promo. All three games were marked at $39.99, but when I got to the register, Alice rang up at $19.50. Maybe it's been that way for awhile, I'm not for sure, but I only got it because my wife expressed last minute interest so I got it for a Christmas gift. Anyway, long story short, Alice was $19.50 and rang up free, so I'd assume as long as you have two $29.99 games, you could get KZ3 CE for free, unless my Best Buy is flawed, but thought I'd share anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thank you. That is what I wanted to know!

My KZ3 HE showed up via UPS today. Was worried that the box would be all beaten to hell from what people have said in this thread. However, it was in perfect condition, still factory sealed also.

Thanks OP

Finally got my KZ3 HE today. Everything survived shipping and the code still works. Didn't expect that helmet to be so big!

[quote name='otakuseth']My KZ3 HE showed up via UPS today. Was worried that the box would be all beaten to hell from what people have said in this thread. However, it was in perfect condition, still factory sealed also.

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xealot42']Finally got my KZ3 HE today. Everything survived shipping and the code still works. Didn't expect that helmet to be so big![/QUOTE]

Nice! I was afraid these would be beat to hell. Mine is supposed to be here Friday, so hopefully mine is in as good of condition!

Mine came today as well, the boxed was sealed in mint condition. The voucher worked for me as well, I guess it got extended!

I guess I can't even keep my own story straight. Ordered on the 28th. Still on backorder though. =[ I'm sad.

Best Buy no longer has me by the balls. Helghast Edition is 50% off on Amazon and I had $20.35 in promotional credit. The total came out to be cheaper than Best Buy and I could use my two-day shipping. Not to mention that it's in stock and will probably ship tomorrow. I'm worried the vouchers will expire on January 1st, and I am not willing to wait on Best Buy to ultimately have them cancel my order or risk the voucher expiring.

bread's done
Back