Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my KZ3 last night. I was planning on using the helmet as something to store my Astro A40's on, but it's so huge it stretches them out. I guess I'll just keep using Astro stand.

Got my Helghast edition today and it is in immaculate condition. There is no way this thing has seen the sales floor.

[quote name='tenike1']Best Buy no longer has me by the balls. Helghast Edition is 50% off on Amazon and I had $20.35 in promotional credit. The total came out to be cheaper than Best Buy and I could use my two-day shipping. Not to mention that it's in stock and will probably ship tomorrow. I'm worried the vouchers will expire on January 1st, and I am not willing to wait on Best Buy to ultimately have them cancel my order or risk the voucher expiring.[/QUOTE]

I get that it's easier to justify a purchase by doing math your own way, but you realize that it wasn't actually cheaper...I mean, you may have paid less cash out of pocket, but it was more expensive when you factor in the credit that could've been used for other games (or anything else, not sure what type of credit it was).

Just like people who claim they got a game for $40 because it came with $20 promotional credit. It just doesn't work that way.

Like others I received my Immaculate condition also yesterday. Now I want the voucher for the game(as I already have the game without the voucher) but also want to give it as a gift. Is there a place I can get this game re-wrapped? LOL.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Haven't opened my killzone 3 yet but something is loose in the box. I hope nothing is broken.[/QUOTE]

It is the Sealed Game. My sealed game was loose inside of a Perfect Conditioned Sealed Helghast Edition Box. It was just laying in there.

I want to think the Artbook, however, was in the helmet. Probably easier to localize this way, just drop in the appropriate game.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I get that it's easier to justify a purchase by doing math your own way, but you realize that it wasn't actually cheaper...I mean, you may have paid less cash out of pocket, but it was more expensive when you factor in the credit that could've been used for other games (or anything else, not sure what type of credit it was).

Just like people who claim they got a game for $40 because it came with $20 promotional credit. It just doesn't work that way.[/QUOTE]

$20 at Amazon is always less than $25 at Best Buy + tax + gas and time needed to get it because they're not shipping it + hassle of even trying to find a copy on the shelves.

If you don't need or want the collectibles then you don't need the Helghast edition. If you're buying it in the hopes of re-selling it then it's all a matter of how much you value your time spent having to list it, ship it, etc.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I get that it's easier to justify a purchase by doing math your own way, but you realize that it wasn't actually cheaper...I mean, you may have paid less cash out of pocket, but it was more expensive when you factor in the credit that could've been used for other games (or anything else, not sure what type of credit it was).

Just like people who claim they got a game for $40 because it came with $20 promotional credit. It just doesn't work that way.[/QUOTE]

OK. I'm so sorry. It looks like I shot myself in the foot. I made a horrible investment. I should have waited for Best Buy to cancel my order.

I received my copy today. I was worried after receiving a beat up Bioshock CE slip cover & a chip in the AC Brotherhood CE plastic slip cover, but everything was in mint condition. Thanks again Cheapy.

Another one for the perfection condition LE. I also had the game rattling around inside but otherwise, everything was as it should be. This helps soften the blow of missing Force Unleased II LE.

Yay for Best Buy orders trickling in.

Ha ha, yes! I see this logic all the time, but most on here. The ONLY WAY that logic works is if you then buy a game that's $20 with that credit since then that game is essentially free. However, you're still then paying $60 for the original game... There is no situation where if you get a $20 credit you're getting that game for "$40". Free game, yes, $40 original purchase, no...

Paying full price for something and getting credit from the purchase is different than using credit. Either way, it's not a big deal to me. I used my credit and converted it in to something I wanted. My game has shipped, I don't have to risk Best Buy cancelling on me and perhaps someone else out there will now get their backorder fulfilled since I cancelled mine. When it's all said and done, I'll get my Helghast Edition for $24 something while I could have or could not have gotten my Best Buy one for $26 something. Perhaps I could not have afforded to spent more than $30 so this deal works out. I don't know. Since this is a site for cheap fucks who like video games, I'm guessing not all of us are oozing out of the pockets with cash. If my decision to pay $24 for something that has already shipped via two-day shipping and the comfort of knowing I will get it versus $26 with chance of getting cancelled, slow shipping by an unknown shipping service and the discomfort and uncertainty of the super voucher expiring before the new year... I'm so fucking sorry. :cool:

Special thanks to the OP on this one.

Went to my local Best Buy last night not really expecting much. Found an HE sitting on the shelf below the video game racks. However, I noticed one seal had been opened and the box bent back just ahead of the two side seals.. So I snagged the nearest employee, and she gave me a song and dance about it probably being the copy she opens to show people the contents. She then said "well, let's open it up and make sure". Everything looked fine, so I walked it up to the front.

Register monkey scans it and stops me just before I can swipe my card. Apparently the $89.99 tag on the box threw up a red flag for him and he called to the woman standing at the front door. She told him to check the sku, which of course matched. So, transaction finished, I start walking to the front door when the woman takes a step towards me and a manager comes walking up quickly. I stopped at the door and looked at them. The manager told me I could go. It looked like the three of them started a little conference after I left.

Ah the fun of shopping clearance.

[quote name='tenike1']Paying full price for something and getting credit from the purchase is different than using credit. Either way, it's not a big deal to me. I used my credit and converted it in to something I wanted. My game has shipped, I don't have to risk Best Buy cancelling on me and perhaps someone else out there will now get their backorder fulfilled since I cancelled mine. When it's all said and done, I'll get my Helghast Edition for $24 something while I could have or could not have gotten my Best Buy one for $26 something. Perhaps I could not have afforded to spent more than $30 so this deal works out. I don't know. Since this is a site for cheap fucks who like video games, I'm guessing not all of us are oozing out of the pockets with cash. If my decision to pay $24 for something that has already shipped via two-day shipping and the comfort of knowing I will get it versus $26 with chance of getting cancelled, slow shipping by an unknown shipping service and the discomfort and uncertainty of the super voucher expiring before the new year... I'm so fucking sorry. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Why are you so confrontational? You DONT have to rationalize the purchase to us. There were plenty of people that bought this for MSRP and 80. A lot of what you're seeing is people trying to help you out in their own way.

20 credit + 24 cash =/= cheaper than Bestbuy
Just like 24 + tax =/= more than Amazon

Personally I would have just called around and bought one on my way to something else. Expect this to get a little more common because some people thought the same as you, but bought an online version. I returned my online one today which went ontop of a stock of 10 of them.

My real question is why do you care so much about the Super Voucher? The thing is pretty worthless and would give mine up without second though in most cases. It only added 1 dlc map (in terms of usefulness) and 5 other Sony promos offered that.

In the end if you think you got a good deal... be happy and ignore people. If you think you got screwed... well patience is a key to being cheap.

Hmm so this is interesting. My credit card got charged again(after the first one was voided) by Best Buy. However, I still don't have a shipping notice and it's still listed as back ordered. What the heck is going on?

[quote name='admiralvic']
My real question is why do you care so much about the Super Voucher? The thing is pretty worthless and would give mine up without second though in most cases. It only added 1 dlc map (in terms of usefulness) and 5 other Sony promos offered that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was pretty disappointed by the super voucher, the thing I'll get the most use of out of it is the dynamic theme, I'll probably never listen to the soundtrack on its own or watch the bonus video and I already have the map pack from a free promo a while back. The helmet that comes with the helghast edition is nice enough though.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I was pretty disappointed by the super voucher, the thing I'll get the most use of out of it is the dynamic theme, I'll probably never listen to the soundtrack on its own or watch the bonus video and I already have the map pack from a free promo a while back. The helmet that comes with the helghast edition is nice enough though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I already got the map from a 7-11 promo I think. The theme is all I really want from it.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Yeah I already got the map from a 7-11 promo I think. The theme is all I really want from it.[/QUOTE]

Should have got one from the shick promo. That came with the theme XD

[quote name='admiralvic']Should have got one from the shick promo. That came with the theme XD[/QUOTE]

The theme from the super voucher is different from the shick promo theme.

Super Voucher = Hazmat
Shick = The Hatch

[quote name='sunghost']The theme from the super voucher is different from the shick promo theme.

Super Voucher = Hazmat
Shick = The Hatch[/QUOTE]

Intresting I heard from various people + saw 2 videos claiming the theme = The Hatch.

[quote name='admiralvic']Intresting I heard from various people + saw 2 videos claiming the theme = The Hatch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember that too, not sure where they got their info from. I used the voucher yesterday and got the Hazmat theme from it. I got The Hatch theme a while back from the promo, so now I have both themes.

Got mine today. Box was sealed and in perfect condition, but both the book and game were loose in the box. Undamaged though, surprisingly enough.

Almost got my stuff. Tracking said it was close by when I checked. I go to check it again today (2 days later) and now for some fucking reason it's 3 states away. Wtf....

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Almost got my stuff. Tracking said it was close by when I checked. I go to check it again today (2 days later) and now for some fucking reason it's 3 states away. Wtf....[/QUOTE]

Maybe it went to a mail hub?

I dunno if this has been mentioned already but you can look the UPC up on google and call to the stores to see if they have copies of the Helghast edition. Even though it doesn't show up online anymore it still shows in the stores inventory. If anyone is in the Northern Virginia area, Springfield has 3 copies and Reston has 1 I think.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Holy crap! Just opened mine from BB store purchase... That helmet is fucking huge![/QUOTE]

This. I realy only wanted the game and maybe the action figure and now I have to find somewhere to put this big ass head.

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']BB just charged my card again for my KZ3 order. Even though it says backordered. What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

Since the same things happened to me I'm curious as well.

I was just putting my HE I got from this deal away in the gaming closet in my office. I ended up having to stack it on top of my opened HE that I got last year, and the sealed one that I forgot I purchased from an Amazon LD earlier this year. I've got so many cheap CE's piled up in there's it's getting a little hard to move around.

:headache:

...First world problems.

I got my HE a few days ago, but just went home today and got to look at it. Box was in perfect condition as were its contents. Really glad for this deal

Does anyone know when you trade in the Helghast Edition you get the higher trade-in value even though you dont trade-in the bonus items? Dont do much trading, so I dont know how it works on Special Editions.

[quote name='stonciddta']Does anyone know when you trade in the Helghast Edition you get the higher trade-in value even though you dont trade-in the bonus items? Dont do much trading, so I dont know how it works on Special Editions.[/QUOTE]

Most places won't take it and the ones that do are pretty much worthless. I do believe amazon is the only place that ACTUALLY accepts the CE's and heres the break down.

Killzone 3 trade in = 10 (nearly 11)
Killzone 3 HE trade in = 15

Sorry I misread it over the fact the question made no sense to me. Most CE's have not for resale so selling them is harder to begin with. Beyond that no place will offer you more for them. So even if you trade in something like a steelbook, you will get the same as the disc only at a place like Bestbuy

Are you talking about on Amazon? I'm almost certain they require the bonus item and box. Since they go by UPC code and the included games in limited editions usually don't have one. They're very picky about these things.

helghast kz3 cover art doesnt have a upc- it says not for resale, so you'd have to trade in the actual helghast ce box since it has the contents- and u have to include all the stuff since the box describes whats inside.

[quote name='technicalstylez']helghast kz3 cover art doesnt have a upc- it says not for resale, so you'd have to trade in the actual helghast ce box since it has the contents- and u have to include all the stuff since the box describes whats inside.[/QUOTE]

Or just trade in disc only?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Or just trade in disc only?[/QUOTE]

whoops, for some reason i was thinking amz tradein. yeah with bb u can just trade in disc only- though u should atleast be kind enough to include the manual too for karma's sake.

[quote name='technicalstylez']helghast kz3 cover art doesnt have a upc- it says not for resale, so you'd have to trade in the actual helghast ce box since it has the contents- and u have to include all the stuff since the box describes whats inside.[/QUOTE]
You could also get a copy with UPC from Gamestop and swap the cover art, then return it.

bread's done
Back