Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $24.50 & Other Unadvertised Specials at Best Buy

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]Best Buy dropped prices on many titles today (and throughout the weekend). You can combine with today's spend $100 and select in-store pickup, get a $10 gift card promotion for added value.

Highlights:
:ps3: Killzone 3: Helghast Edition $24.50
:360::ps3: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon $14.50
:360::ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $19.50
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99[/preview]

More:
:ps3: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:360: TRON: Evolution $14.50
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:360: Red Dead Redemption $19.50
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $14.50
:ps3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 $14.50
:ps3: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dance Dance Revolution $29.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $24.50
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $24.99
:ps3: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar Bundle $29.99

:ps3: The Tomb Raider Trilogy $9.50 [OOS]
:ps3: The Sims 3 $14.50
:ps3: EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle $19.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits $9.50
:ps3: Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 $9.50
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $19.50
:ps3: Kung Fu Rider $7.50
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $29.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition $19.50
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:ps3: The Shoot $9.50
:ps3: EyePet $14.50

:360: EA SPORTS MMA $9.50
:360: Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days $9.50
:360: Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet $9.50
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed $9.50
:360: UFC Undisputed 2010 $7.50
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $19.50
:360: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360: Def Jam Rapstar $19.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $19.99
:360: Top Spin 4 $19.50
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $29.99
:360: PES 2012: Pro Evolution Soccer $49.99

:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $14.50
:3ds: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion $14.50
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $14.50
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $9.50
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $9.50
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $9.50
:3ds: Cubic Ninja $14.50
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $14.50

:ds: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future $19.50
:ds: Marvel Super Hero Squad $14.50
:ds: Style Savvy $7.50
:ds: HOP $9.50
:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation $14.50
:ds: Okamiden $14.50
:ds: Thor: God of Thunder $9.50
:ds: Jeopardy $7.50
:ds: Animal Planet: Vet Collection $5.50

:psp: Dissidia: Final Fantasy $9.50
:psp: LocoRoco 2 $5.50

:pc: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Digital Premium $19.95

Last edited by a moderator:
called my old Best Buy and they had a couple of Killzone's in stock, put it on hold and got it after work! $24.50 for that set is amazing!!

The website said Tomb Raider and Killzone were OOS, but I went and got the last of both! Thanks for the heads up!

I am going to pick up my $100 order tomorrow at the worst best buy location in the country. I hope I don't have an aneurism dealing with those pricks. I have a feeling my killzone will be opened or beat to shit. I still have to write a complaint letter from the last time they screwed me over. Of course they are the only location that ever has CEs in stock.

I am a Collector's Edition sick-o. Being that KZ3 is probably my favorite/most played PS3 game, I have an opened Helghast Edition...and another sealed one that I got when they were $30-40 on Amazon...so when I went to BB this afternoon with a trade in, and they had a stack of these, what did I do? I think you know the answer.

[quote name='sgaldis']I am a Collector's Edition sick-o. Being that KZ3 is probably my favorite/most played PS3 game, I have an opened Helghast Edition...and another sealed one that I got when they were $30-40 on Amazon...so when I went to BB this afternoon with a trade in, and they had a stack of these, what did I do? I think you know the answer.[/QUOTE]

I already have 2 (amazon at $50, amazon at $40) and I haven't even played any of the Killzone games. I know I will like them though.

[quote name='slowdive21']I am going to pick up my $100 order tomorrow at the worst best buy location in the country. I hope I don't have an aneurism dealing with those pricks. I have a feeling my killzone will be opened or beat to shit. I still have to write a complaint letter from the last time they screwed me over. Of course they are the only location that ever has CEs in stock.[/QUOTE]

what? are they sellin non-sealed too??

[quote name='onyzukae']what? are they sellin non-sealed too??[/QUOTE]

Sometimes items are opened because someone returned them and they are taped shut with a "Inspected by best buy tape". Luckily even if they have been opened the dlc will be intact as long as the game is sealed. I just have a feeling I am getting the worst copies in the store.

Just wanted to pop back in here and say that after digging through the KZ3:HE goodies: god damn, this is a fantastic special edition. The quality on the figure, the bust, and especially the art book is pretty outstanding. I almost feel bad about paying so little for it, as it definitely seems worth at least close to the actual price (still fuck $60 game price, etc). Probably the best special edition I've ever seen. If any of you guys are on the fence about getting one of these and you have the means, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='slowdive21']Sometimes items are opened because someone returned them and they are taped shut with a "Inspected by best buy tape". Luckily even if they have been opened the dlc will be intact as long as the game is sealed. I just have a feeling I am getting the worst copies in the store.[/QUOTE]
Dont be... I have plan to store pick tomorrow KZ HE x three boxes......

[quote name='strait edge follower']Will it be this price tommorow by any chance ?[/QUOTE]

If they have them, they should be...
Everything on the 1st page of this thread are the new prices, not just a sale price.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i don't get how they could have stock to ship to store if they don't have stock to ship to customers houses...seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that instore pick up involves EXISTING stock and nothing is moved at any point or time... right?

Unfortunately, if you try the ship to store option you'll get a lot of "no longer available" messages. You could try asking in store and depending on the customer rep you may get more help than you think.

Just today I went to a Best Buy looking for Civ 5 Special Edition to pick up as a gift, and the BB employee not only checked the back for it (no luck) but then rang it up to be sent to my house with free shipping, an option not available on the web site.

Killzone 3 doesn't seem to be available within 100 miles of me, but since I've been meaning to visit someone about 10 miles from a store that has it available now I now have something to do this weekend.

[quote name='spawn33']If they have them, they should be...
Everything on the 1st page of this thread are the new prices, not just a sale price.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure ? Cause if so than that means that red faction would be free with that 20$ off coupon from the @gamer mag

I'm thinking of getting 2 Sims games for my girlfriend for Christmas, but the majority of them aren't even available. I'm also seeing reviews that are show people having issues even registering the Pets version on the Sims 3 Plus Pets. I don't know what to do. =X

The last three of the four items I have ordered have come back, Backordered.

What is the point of shopping onlive BB??

If anyone in Orange County, CA is still looking for Killzone 3 the Helghast edition, the BB computer shows stock of 1 in Mission Viejo, Orange (on Chapman Ave.), and Tustin Marketplace. I picked up the last one in Yorba Linda. The outside box was banged up, but everything inside was fine. I was going to pick this up at Walmart on Friday, glad I waited!

Alice is still tempting and I hate that. I'm building a little mountain.

I'm waiting for Gamefly and $10. So I say.

Frak. im worried that the order i placed on KZ is just gonna get backordered now... im currently out of state for a few weeks with no best buy reasonably near me, so in store pick up is not an option. I've ordered a total of 3 times on BB's website this past weekend (Bioshock 2 LE, Vanquish, and now KZ) and only bioshock went through while vanquish went backordered.

[quote name='admiralvic']You do realize that instore pick up involves EXISTING stock and nothing is moved at any point or time... right?[/QUOTE]

you should read what i wrote. im talking about ship to store- wouldn't they be shipping from warehouses to the store for you to pick up when it arrives in 3-5 days? and if so, why would they have items in stock at the warehouses to ship to store yet not have stock in the warehouses to ship to customers homes (free shipping is n/a). thats what i'm asking. reading comprehension; look it up.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']What is the resell value on KIllzone 3 Heighast edition, if you don't open it?[/QUOTE]

You can't go to ebay yourself and look at completed listings?:roll:

Hopefully they have KZ 3, Alice, and Witcher. I don't know if Witcher will be discounted though since it looks like it's now $39.99 on the website.

I picked up 2 KZ3 Helghast from my local BB; they had 2 more left. Only ones in the area from the looks of the store pick up site.

[quote name='ISHCM']If anyone in Orange County, CA is still looking for Killzone 3 the Helghast edition, the BB computer shows stock of 1 in Mission Viejo, Orange (on Chapman Ave.), and Tustin Marketplace. I picked up the last one in Yorba Linda. The outside box was banged up, but everything inside was fine. I was going to pick this up at Walmart on Friday, glad I waited![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

Now if only they were in LA county. Can't see myself making that drive unless I really want to go to Medieval Times for dinner. :whistle2:k

[quote name='strait edge follower']Are you sure ? Cause if so than that means that red faction would be free with that 20$ off coupon from the @gamer mag[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was told by a employee anyways...
He did show me the majority of permanent sticker price changes that coincided with the list I had on my phone from page 1 of this thread. Although I didn't check every one, the ones I did were all there.

[quote name='Not Eric']Thanks for the heads up.

Now if only they were in LA county. Can't see myself making that drive unless I really want to go to Medieval Times for dinner. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Resistance is feudal.

I picked up Killzone 3 Helghast Edition at my local best buy. I got it for $15 with a gift card that I had! Thank you! I might sell it... I don't know yet!

[quote name='spawn33']Thats what I was told by a employee anyways...
He did show me the majority of permanent sticker price changes that coincided with the list I had on my phone from page 1 of this thread. Although I didn't check every one, the ones I did were all there.[/QUOTE]

I'm checking the prices and they are all indeed the same price so you might be right. Red faction was probibly the exception cause of the December @gamer coupon would have made it free. I imagine that after that coupon expires it will drop to 20. Now to get Alice and killzone 3 :)

[quote name='Not Eric']Thanks for the heads up.

Now if only they were in LA county. Can't see myself making that drive unless I really want to go to Medieval Times for dinner. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You could try giving them a call tomorrow and putting it on hold for you. I called my store and they held it for me till closing.

Yup, I can confirm the code works. Just opened my copy up just to try it out (before it expires, god knows when but figured I'd do it now than later). This bundle came down to $0 when I used my BB Gift Card that I wasn't able to use during Black Friday (since my funds were gone). I'm actually glad I used it on this now that I think about it.

[quote name='Finishoff']Picked up a Killzone 3 Collectors Edition via instore pickup. Hopefully it will still be in stock.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on BB to hold it for you. My cousin tried to buy a white dual shock a few months ago and he didn't pick it up for a few days. They tried to give him a black one when he went to pick it up, lol. I checked their website and it disappeared, then reappeared. When I called to ask, they said they didn't have it again.

And i'm sure i *jacked* someone's killzone 3 yesterday even though it showed no more at my local store. Don't blame me, blame Best Buy's shitty service :p.

Just an FYI...When there's less than an x-amount of quantity (5 - 7 I'm guessing), their online inventory checker will list that BB location as unavailable. It updates every morning. Yesterday, their site listed KZ3: Helghast edition as unavailable at my local BB (Frisco, Tx). I even called them 30-mins before going & they said the same yet when I got there at 6pm, they had 4 of them! Now, it says it's only available ship-to-store & I highly doubt the other 3 were purchased last night but who knows.

BB in Perrysburg OH had 4 killzones, a TR and a used TR (9. 99) as of last night. I almost grabbed kz but still have the standard in plastic... Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

DON"T BUY KILLZONE 3
Honestly one of the best FPS games to play online, but...NO ONE IS PLAYING IT ANY MORE! With BF3 and MW3 just now coming out, it's almost impossible to find a full match.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Just an FYI...When there's less than an x-amount of quantity (5 - 7 I'm guessing), their online inventory checker will list that BB location as unavailable. It updates every morning. Yesterday, their site listed KZ3: Helghast edition as unavailable at my local BB (Frisco, Tx). I even called them 30-mins before going & they said the same yet when I got there at 6pm, they had 4 of them! Now, it says it's only available ship-to-store & I highly doubt the other 3 were purchased last night but who knows.[/QUOTE]
FYI, unless something changed very recently, the amount the tracker stops working is 3 or less. Not 5-7.

bread's done
Back