Killzone 3 MP To Hit PSN as Separate Free Download Next Tuesday, February 28

ral1121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
A heads up for those that were interested in purchasing Killzone 3 for the multiplayer:

Next Tuesday, February 28, Sony will be giving away the multiplayer side of Killzone 3 away for free via its PlayStation Network. Any PlayStation 3 owner with an internet connection and a PSN account will be able to sample Killzone 3 multiplayer across all of its maps, free-to-play style.

The download will feature a level cap, and players will have the option of paying $14.99 to unlock the full skill tree once they reach that cap. The single player campaign will not be included and is not planned to be sold separately.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...goes-free-to-play-a-la-cart-on-psn-next-week/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Video-Gamer']I dont see it? Todays the 28, where is it?[/QUOTE]

store usually updates later in the evening.

[quote name='Tsel']Try waiting for the update, oh impatient one.[/QUOTE]

don't think he was being impatient, probably didn't know about the store gets updated and then customers have access to new prices/items.

[quote name='aznhero913']store usually updates later in the evening.

don't think he was being impatient, probably didn't know about the store gets updated and then customers have access to new prices/items.[/QUOTE]

As you said - I didnt know when the store updates. Im actually now in the middle east and in here its already 7p.m so I figured id post and ask.

I wish it was around 5pm EST, but lately it's been ridiculous. More like 9pm EST or even later. In fact, last week it came a little after 12am EST on Wednesday!

So before I bother with this sort of freebie. Will I be able to unlock the level cap/mulitiplayer if I buy Killzone 3?

Sorry I'm fairly new to the PS3 Killzone universe only played the original and Liberation on the PSP. I'd rather use that $15 towards buying a copy of Killzone 3.

Yes you can. The $15 download has an additional 3 dlc packs according to people here. That's the only difference.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']So before I bother with this sort of freebie. Will I be able to unlock the level cap/mulitiplayer if I buy Killzone 3?

Sorry I'm fairly new to the PS3 Killzone universe only played the original and Liberation on the PSP. I'd rather use that $15 towards buying a copy of Killzone 3.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe ill download it again, did they fix the balance issues? The main thing that made me trade it in after a couple weeks, plus that terrible campaign.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I wish it was around 5pm EST, but lately it's been ridiculous. More like 9pm EST or even later. In fact, last week it came a little after 12am EST on Wednesday![/QUOTE]

I think this weeks update will be significantly earlier. There isn't nearly as much Vita junk as there was last week.

its a DEMO. its not F2P which is how the OP makes it seem in the title. it is a DEMO that locks you out once you reach Rank 10. thats all it is. its just a long DEMO. nothing more nothing less. i thought it would be F2P like TF2 but i found out this is not a Free game. it is a DEMO. a DEMO is not a game. this thread should be closed because this DEMO does not qualify as a Game. this isnt a Deal at all. what a waste of time this was.

[quote name='Flying Frog']what a waste of time this was.[/QUOTE]

Hey, no one told you that you had to write a whole friggin' paragraph.

Well it was good for one thing- Reminding me why this game was such trash to begin with. At least I didn't have to borrow a friends disk to realize it. Killzone needs a revamp of the online mode IMO

Yea, it's a demo that totally EXPIRES when you hit the level cap. It says so right on the main menu. (Played for an hour or so last night. Yes, it's in the demo section of the store.)

I thought it was free-to-play-forever just w/ a level cap. Sad. :(

[quote name='emperordahc']Yea, it's a demo that totally EXPIRES when you hit the level cap. It says so right on the main menu. (Played for an hour or so last night. Yes, it's in the demo section of the store.)

I thought it was free-to-play-forever just w/ a level cap. Sad. :([/QUOTE]

yeh its not F2P, its just a DEMO. its not even worth playing because the controls are slow, un-tight, unresponsive and floaty. quite possibley the worst controls ive ever seen in an FPS. let em keep their crappy DEMO. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Yeah, it's a shame they misrepresented themselves and got every one all excited. They could have really done something cool with this, could have set a precedent for other developers to follow. It's a genius idea really: when you're online game is on the downslope, make it free-to-play w/ a level cap and a separate paid download of the multiplayer.

Oh well, I'm still downloading it even though I have the game already. Want to try out the DLC maps to see if they're worth getting. Getting sick of playing the same 3-4 maps over and over again. Still think it's complete bullshit that the guys getting the multiplayer download get all the maps included while everybody who bought the actual game gets nothing, not even a discount.

And I did learn about MAG never-ending demo, which is how it should have been done. I may even rebuy that game if I can find it for super cheap.

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']Oh well, I'm still downloading it even though I have the game already. Want to try out the DLC maps to see if they're worth getting. Getting sick of playing the same 3-4 maps over and over again.[/QUOTE]

And I just realized I can't do that because I'm over the capped rank in the real game. Thought it would be separate for some reason. Damn.

Um, can anybody just tell me if the DLC maps are worth getting? I mean are people playing them?

[quote name='Flying Frog']yeh its not F2P, its just a DEMO. its not even worth playing because the controls are slow, un-tight, unresponsive and floaty. quite possibley the worst controls ive ever seen in an FPS. let em keep their crappy DEMO. :applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

What FUD, the controls are the same as every other FPS. They are completely configurable and MOVE compatible.

The last time I played KZ2, it started feeling a bit too clunky for my tastes so I sold it. Since then, I've gotten a gaming PC and play most fps's on it. So, when I tried this out just now, KZ3 feels way too clunky, slow, and just overall uncomfortable. It looks great though, so for console gamers, it's probably a great game. But it's one of those franchises that I wish was on the PC so I can enjoy it to its fullest...

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']The last time I played KZ2, it started feeling a bit too clunky for my tastes so I sold it. Since then, I've gotten a gaming PC and play most fps's on it. So, when I tried this out just now, KZ3 feels way too clunky, slow, and just overall uncomfortable. It looks great though, so for console gamers, it's probably a great game. But it's one of those franchises that I wish was on the PC so I can enjoy it to its fullest...[/QUOTE]

your absolutely right. the graphics are awesome. then once you pick up the controller you see how horrible the aiming is. there is like an unresponsiveness lethargic feel to it like theres something wrong with aim acceleration or aim dead zone. its undescribably weird. if you go from the sharp tight COD controls to Killzone 3 you will be so shocked and dumbfounded by the difference in controls that youll wonder if Gorillas on computers developed this game. try it for yourself. the difference is black and white. many people have been known to break their controllers after trying Killzone 3's controls.

[quote name='Flying Frog']its a DEMO. its not F2P which is how the OP makes it seem in the title. it is a DEMO that locks you out once you reach Rank 10. thats all it is. its just a long DEMO. nothing more nothing less. i thought it would be F2P like TF2 but i found out this is not a Free game. it is a DEMO. a DEMO is not a game. this thread should be closed because this DEMO does not qualify as a Game. this isnt a Deal at all. what a waste of time this was.[/QUOTE]

Wait, let me get this straight. Is this free to play or not?

no its not Free to Play F2P. its a DEMO that they let you play until rank 10. once you reach rank 10 they lock you out of conrinuing to play. its a long DEMO. its not a Game and its not F2P. its a glorified DEMO. thats it.

[quote name='Flying Frog']your absolutely right. the graphics are awesome. then once you pick up the controller you see how horrible the aiming is. there is like an unresponsiveness lethargic feel to it like theres something wrong with aim acceleration or aim dead zone. its undescribably weird. if you go from the sharp tight COD controls to Killzone 3 you will be so shocked and dumbfounded by the difference in controls that youll wonder if Gorillas on computers developed this game. try it for yourself. the difference is black and white. many people have been known to break their controllers after trying Killzone 3's controls.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha.

Going to download it tonight. I am glad they are offering a demo of the game, because quite honestly I would never of bought Killzone 3 in the first place. If the multiplayer is fun, then who knows I might buy it.

I don't mind they are offering a demo of it instead of free 2 play. In my opinion most free 2 play games (there are exceptions, like League of Legends) become you need to spend money anyway to get anywhere in the game and the total amount would probably be more than Killzone 3 anyway.

This is awesome for PSN users. I only wish Microsoft would give Live members this kind of stuff. Very cool.

Instead we got a gameshow for six months and a promise of a lame cart racer that ended up on Kinect.

Go Sony.

[quote name='Flying Frog']your absolutely right. the graphics are awesome. then once you pick up the controller you see how horrible the aiming is. there is like an unresponsiveness lethargic feel to it like theres something wrong with aim acceleration or aim dead zone. its undescribably weird. if you go from the sharp tight COD controls to Killzone 3 you will be so shocked and dumbfounded by the difference in controls that youll wonder if Gorillas on computers developed this game. try it for yourself. the difference is black and white. many people have been known to break their controllers after trying Killzone 3's controls.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck. You are just bad at the game. Like anything, there's some learning curve to overcome. And don't mix your opinion like its a fact.

[quote name='Flying Frog']your absolutely right. the graphics are awesome. then once you pick up the controller you see how horrible the aiming is. there is like an unresponsiveness lethargic feel to it like theres something wrong with aim acceleration or aim dead zone. its undescribably weird. if you go from the sharp tight COD controls to Killzone 3 you will be so shocked and dumbfounded by the difference in controls that youll wonder if Gorillas on computers developed this game. try it for yourself. the difference is black and white. many people have been known to break their controllers after trying Killzone 3's controls.[/QUOTE]Ok, we get it you don't like kz3.

...who? who has been known to break his/her controller? I need to know more about this Killzone 3 Controller breaking epidemic

[quote name='Lemarfanz']...who? who has been known to break his/her controller? I need to know more about this Killzone 3 Controller breaking epidemic[/QUOTE]

LOL. ill give someone an award if they can name a PS3 FPS game with Worse controls than Killzone 3. go ahead. name one. ive played em all. there are none. unfortunately.:hot:

So i'm assuming every single other FPS that ever released is better than Killzone 3? Because i can sure remember quite a few shovelware ones that i know were horrible, and i was quite fond of Killzone 3 after it released

[quote name='Flying Frog']LOL. ill give someone an award if they can name a PS3 FPS game with Worse controls than Killzone 3. go ahead. name one. ive played em all. there are none. unfortunately.:hot:[/QUOTE]

Haze?

[quote name='Flying Frog']LOL. ill give someone an award if they can name a PS3 FPS game with Worse controls than Killzone 3. go ahead. name one. ive played em all. there are none. unfortunately.:hot:[/QUOTE]
KZ2. Now leave the thread.

[quote name='FactionG']KZ2. Now leave the thread.[/QUOTE]

People like Flying Frog are what made them ruin KZ's multiplayer. Killzone 2 was awesome.

Hour of Victory
Far Cry 2
Darkest of Days

[quote name='hufferstl']This is awesome for PSN users. I only wish Microsoft would give Live members this kind of stuff. Very cool.

Instead we got a gameshow for six months and a promise of a lame cart racer that ended up on Kinect.

Go Sony.[/QUOTE]

ESPN and Zune Pass works great for me on Live. College football on saturdays is awesome on the ESPN app. Go Microsoft.

Going back to KZ3. I used to own the game and got tired of the Multiplayer. After a while it felt stale where I capped the medical class and there was not much encouragement to continue playing.

bread's done
Back