Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21017[/IMG-R]Pre-order Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm and receive $20 in Amazon credit. Killzone 3 also includes an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Release day delivery is available on both titles.

More Amazon pre-order credit deals here.

:ps3: Killzone 3 w/$20 credit at Amazon
:360::ps3: Bulletstorm w/$20 credit at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']mann just tried the demo for killzone3
thinking if i should bite..
hoping for the move though[/QUOTE]

What is up with killzone 3 controls? they seem off I am really trying to like this game but the controls especially the aiming are a struggle. Am I missing something?

[quote name='LordVila']The GOWIII:UE did make it down to 19.99 at TRU. Not sure about other retailers though.[/QUOTE]

It was also on sale at Amazon for a while there, too. You ARE rolling the dice on the limited/collector's editions, but the game is rigged in your favor.

[quote name='gepet0']What is up with killzone 3 controls? they seem off I am really trying to like this game but the controls especially the aiming are a struggle. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

I agree. Beautiful looking game but I really dislike the controls. Just my opinion, calm down fanboys.

[quote name='gepet0']What is up with killzone 3 controls? they seem off I am really trying to like this game but the controls especially the aiming are a struggle. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Feel the same way. Although it could just be the PS3 controller after I'm so used to the 360s.

Actually I had no interest in KZ3 just because I hate the ps3 controller. Played it this weekend and am seriously considering it now, it played better than any ps3 fps I've tried so far.

But, I do have mvc3 and bulletstorm incoming, so I dont know. That $20 amazon gift certain entices me.

Its because the controls in KZ games actually have weight like you're actually carrying equipment or that your weapons isn't a plastic airsoft gun

All it takes is some tweaks to the sensitivity and you can make it more "sluggish"

Sorry for the n00b question, but just so I'll know for future reference, can anybody answer this:

I preordered Bulletstorm weeks ago. It was about $2 cheaper, and only included a $10 giftcard.

If I had left my order alone, would they end up giving me the final promotion - the $20 giftcard?

Since I was a n00b, what I did the other day was cancel my preorder, then just preordered it again so I'd for sure get the $20 promotion...but as a result, the total ended up being $2 higher. No biggie :D

I just want top know if it wouldve benefited me more by not canceling/re-ordering?
Cuz I wouldve got it $2 cheaper, and potentially still the $20 promotion, right?
I thought Amazon sometimes might try to say you're not eligible for it, since it's not what was currently offered at the time of preorder(happened once to me years ago)

Sigh, sorry for being a knucklehead. But it's one of those things I gotta ask once, find out, and then carry with me for all future reference.

[quote name='McNutsack']Sorry for the n00b question, but just so I'll know for future reference, can anybody answer this:

I preordered Bulletstorm weeks ago. It was about $2 cheaper, and only included a $10 giftcard.

If I had left my order alone, would they end up giving me the final promotion - the $20 giftcard?

Since I was a n00b, what I did the other day was cancel my preorder, then just preordered it again so I'd for sure get the $20 promotion...but as a result, the total ended up being $2 higher. No biggie :D

I just want top know if it wouldve benefited me more by not canceling/re-ordering?
Cuz I wouldve got it $2 cheaper, and potentially still the $20 promotion, right?
I thought Amazon sometimes might try to say you're not eligible for it, since it's not what was currently offered at the time of preorder(happened once to me years ago)

Sigh, sorry for being a knucklehead. But it's one of those things I gotta ask once, find out, and then carry with me for all future reference.[/QUOTE]

They would've given you the $20 promo. If not all you would have had to do was contact customer service.

n00b - stop using that damn word
we are not in early 00's anymore

Amazon will come through and give you a 20 dollar gift card

[quote name='Flesseck']Can you only get Gears of War 3 beta if you pre-order Bulletstorm? Or would I be able to get it after it releases?[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong here, but I think the GOW3 beta will be included only with the Epic Edition. Now I dont know if this version will be sold for a limited time or if that will be the only version they have for the xbox. maybe someone can chime in that knows for sure?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I could be wrong here, but I think the GOW3 beta will be included only with the Epic Edition. Now I dont know if this version will be sold for a limited time or if that will be the only version they have for the xbox. maybe someone can chime in that knows for sure?[/QUOTE]It's supposed to be a "limited edition" version like Medal Of Honor LE, Battlefield 2 LE, Dead Space 2 PS3 and the like.

Eventually, they're supposed to go back to a "normal" edition, though Bulletstorm isn't the only way you'll get into the GOW3 beta. It's just early access.

The Epic Edition provides early access to the beta. That early access is not the day you get Bulletstorm. You have to wait for them to open it up, rumors say around April. They should likely open it up for Epic Edition owners a couple weeks before releasing it to the public.

That's what I gathered from a recent Google search. So I just opted to get it on PS3, which it seems has a slight graphical edge.

Wow that killzone 3 open beta was amazing. Control system is much improved. But i still think the Gamestop bonuses are better, with 24 hours of unlimited skills and weapons, gives me time to play Mass Effect 2 and Grand Turismo 5

[quote name='Steadymobbin']how long do you have to spend the $20 credit ? anyone know[/QUOTE]
When you receive the e-mail from Amazon, it will tell you the expiration date. If I remember, you have a few months before you lose the credit. With so many great games on the way, I am sure you will use it way before that credit expires.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's supposed to be a "limited edition" version like Medal Of Honor LE, Battlefield 2 LE, Dead Space 2 PS3 and the like.

Eventually, they're supposed to go back to a "normal" edition, though Bulletstorm isn't the only way you'll get into the GOW3 beta. It's just early access.[/QUOTE]

So they'll be other ways to get into GoW3 beta. Any other methods confirmed?

So therefore, what do you guys think? Worth it to bite on this for the beta as well or just wait to hear announcements for other ways to get in?

[quote name='Flesseck']So they'll be other ways to get into GoW3 beta. Any other methods confirmed?

So therefore, what do you guys think? Worth it to bite on this for the beta as well or just wait to hear announcements for other ways to get in?[/QUOTE]

I'd only get it if you are interested in this type of crazy arcade-style FPS shooter (keeping in mind it has tons of foul language and crude humor). This looks like a Serious Sam style shooter, which is fine with me, since that is one of my favorite FPS's of all time. I'm getting it! :)

I went ahead and canceled my preorder for Bulletstorm.
I just beat the full game...In 4 hours.
I cannot express how disappointed I am in the game. The only thing making me keep my preorder was the rumors of Multiplayer DLC, and I assumed it was the only way to get into the GOW3 beta...But it's only SEVEN days early to the beta. The beta will be public for all on the marketplace 7 days after Bulletstorm.

I dunno, it's basically $35 since you're getting the $20 promo, but I still can't work up the nerves to keep my preorder, even though I make $35 in 2 hours at work =/

I suggest you only go for this if you're certain its the game for you; if the whole arcade, leaderboard gimmick tickles your fancy. I've never been a fan of repeating things to beat highscores, so...

[quote name='McNutsack']I went ahead and canceled my preorder for Bulletstorm.
I just beat the full game...In 4 hours.
I cannot express how disappointed I am in the game. The only thing making me keep my preorder was the rumors of Multiplayer DLC, and I assumed it was the only way to get into the GOW3 beta...But it's only SEVEN days early to the beta. The beta will be public for all on the marketplace 7 days after Bulletstorm.

I dunno, it's basically $35 since you're getting the $20 promo, but I still can't work up the nerves to keep my preorder, even though I make $35 in 2 hours at work =/

I suggest you only go for this if you're certain its the game for you; if the whole arcade, leaderboard gimmick tickles your fancy. I've never been a fan of repeating things to beat highscores, so...[/QUOTE]

If I may: how did you play it early and what difficulty? Four hours just seems so short. Is there a new game plus?

[quote name='Trance Addix']If I may: how did you play it early and what difficulty? Four hours just seems so short. Is there a new game plus?[/QUOTE]

Bootleg has been out for awhile... He probably played it at a CAG mods house.

[quote name='Flesseck']So everyone will be able to get into GoW3 beta? I don't even need Bulletstorm in other words?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...y-Early-Access-to-GoW3-Beta-is-Important.html

This is the information I was able to pull up about the early access.[/QUOTE]

Look at this pic of the game description:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2it22v4.jpg

Either the beta is only 7 days long, or it means the "exclusive" early part is 7 days long before the public can start playing/downloading the beta.
My guess is the second...because it's called "early" beta access, they never once called it "exclusive access to the GOW3 beta".

Not trying to get anyone to not buy the game, I just wanna make sure they know. Because yeah, I just feel weird buying the game knowing that the beta will be released a week later probably, and that the game is super short.

I played it on Normal, at a friends house, and in all fairness I didn't exactly take my time trying to "kill with skill". I blasted through it, not really trying to go for any of the "challenges" or whatever they call them...Like kill an enemy with an exploding hotdog stand.
It was pretty fun though. It had it's Serious Sam moments (there's even an enemy I think intentionally taken from that game) I'm just saying the only thing that will refuel replay value is if you're competitive and want to beat yours/your friends scores. That's just not my thing >_<
You get a lot of health on normal, but there will be some moments where you'll have to retreat for cover...Just not many, because you're basically tough as nails on Normal.

I'm going to buy it if any multiplayer DLC is announced, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in the Pacific NW, you can get both games plus another game as part of the Buy 2 Get 1 free sale this week.

Tax aside, you get 3x $60 games for $120. Of course, you won't get the pre-order stuff that you would get from Amazon.

Anybody else order Killzone 3 and not have it ship yet? I chose release date delivery and the delivery estimate is still tomorrow but I'm a bit concerned it hasn't shipped yet since I ordered it Thursday night.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody else order Killzone 3 and not have it ship yet? I chose release date delivery and the delivery estimate is still tomorrow but I'm a bit concerned it hasn't shipped yet since I ordered it Thursday night.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't say shipped yet either, but I wouldn't worry, sometimes it takes a while to update from shipping soon to shipped even though it may have shipped already.

edit - just received the email stating it has shipped - 4:29

I preordered both Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. I justify it as getting Bulletstorm for $20 and Killzone for the regular $60. I can't wait! Both games are 'Shipping Soon'

[quote name='bcb4589']Mine doesn't say shipped yet either, but I wouldn't worry, sometimes it takes a while to update from shipping soon to shipped even though it may have shipped already.

edit - just received the email stating it has shipped - 4:29[/QUOTE]

Thanks for updating. Hope I get my email soon. :D

[quote name='Killbomb']Thanks for updating. Hope I get my email soon. :D[/QUOTE]

What shipping method does Amazon usually use for release date delivery? If it's USPS then it probably won't ship until tomorrow being that today is a holiday.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody else order Killzone 3 and not have it ship yet? I chose release date delivery and the delivery estimate is still tomorrow but I'm a bit concerned it hasn't shipped yet since I ordered it Thursday night.[/QUOTE]
Every game I order with RDD ships around 8pm PST, and I've always received them on time. I wouldnt worry, my K3 hasnt shipped yet either.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']What shipping method does Amazon usually use for release date delivery? If it's USPS then it probably won't ship until tomorrow being that today is a holiday.[/QUOTE]
They've always used UPS for me, and I know for a fact they're delivering today.

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, but I'm not worried. Also if it doesn't ship just call them up and they'll give you another credit on top of the 20 anyway. So I'd almost rather it not ship out today :p

My hasn't shipped either but the status now shows "shipping soon" and i can no longer cancel/edit the order.

Yes, UPS was open today I had to work. My Killzone 3 will be coming tomorrow and I will pick it up as soon as I get to work since my house is the last section my driver delivers and I would have to wait until at least 5 PM to get my damn game.

I got shipping confirmation on Bulletstorm about 30 mins ago and it's being sent via UPS next day. Release date shipping ftw! And for anyone still worried about old preorders not getting the promo credit, my shipping e-mail included the following (and I preordered a few months ago):
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

My total cost for the game came out to $32.99 since I used two credits from other game purchases. :)

I just received my shipping email and this is what it says.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

2 credits Wth? did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I just received my shipping email and this is what it says.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

2 credits Wth? did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Which game did you buy? I got shipping notice for Bulletstorm on 360 and it only had the $20 credit text. I preordered when the offer was for $10 credit.

It looks like I'm the only with an e-mail that said I'd only be getting 10, darn. I know Amazon will fix it once I call, but I didn't want to do that.

[quote name='bboy']Which game did you buy? I got shipping notice for Bulletstorm on 360 and it only had the $20 credit text.[/QUOTE]

It was for killzone 3. Did they offer a 10 dollar credit before offering a 20 dollar one? Maybe that's why idk.

Great news: I get Bulletstorm for 45 with gift cards and the 20 dollar credit. Bad news: Game ships to my job, which may be closed because of snow. lol I just hope we get a 2 hour delay, I can't wait to play this bad boy. Thanks again CAG!

[quote name='Gamer4life88']
I just received my shipping email and this is what it says.

2 credits Wth? did this happen to anyone else
?[/QUOTE]
I did, but mine has 2 $20 promos. I only preordered Killzone 3

[quote name='gomikeoh']Bulletstorm SUCKS! STAY AWAY![/QUOTE]You make a good point, I think I'll do that

I watched a video stream of Bulletstorm last night for almost the whole game. It looked fun to play, though it was repetitive and the environments were somewhat similar.

Some of the set pieces were cool and there's a scene where you control a giant t-Rex thing that was awesome. The graphics are great and it has 7 acts and last for maybe 7 hours, more or less depending how fast you go. I'd say it's a good, entertaining game but not a day 1, $60 buy. Plus beta access is only 7 days early, so that doesn't make it a must buy IMO.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I did, but mine has 2 $20 promos. I only preordered Killzone 3

Haha awesome. I hope it actually goes through though. :bouncy:

[quote name='Brother Daz']

You make a good point, I think I'll do that[/QUOTE]
Ok, ok...I should have been more concise with my blasting of the game...Yes it is fun, but the game gets so repetitive. Theres only so many times you can pull off these trick shots and go "yay that was awesome!"

This game is that game for the wii Madworld, meets a FPS.

So if you liked madworld, go for this game, if you thought that game got really tiring and old really quick, stay away. STAY AWAY!

bread's done
Back