Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21017[/IMG-R]Pre-order Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm and receive $20 in Amazon credit. Killzone 3 also includes an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Release day delivery is available on both titles.

More Amazon pre-order credit deals here.

:ps3: Killzone 3 w/$20 credit at Amazon
:360::ps3: Bulletstorm w/$20 credit at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
I chatted with a CS rep. They told me that even though the 20$ credit doesn't show up on the order page, I will still receive it like normal. I hope he's right!

I think the Killzone 3 promoting is still happening via Home on the PS3. So if you pre-order via that you can get the avatar jetpack on top of this bonus.

Basically it launches the PS web browser onto Amazon via home and you can order there.

[quote name='Xeno G']I just got a response to my e-mail to amazon and was told that I needed to cancel my old pre-order and repre-order the game to receive the $20 credit.

Kinda sucks since I pre-ordered back when it was $57.99 but it's worth it for me.[/QUOTE]
Its still $57.99 ;)

I assume the reason for Cheapy creating this separate post is because more often than not, people pay most attention to isolated new posts. Not to mention it isn't just a $10 bonus but a $20 bonus credit, which also seems to have occurred at the last minute before release. That, and I'm sure Cheapy wouldn't mind making a few bucks too...livin' in Tokyo isn't cheap for Cheapy & wife.

Just sayin'. ;)

BTW, I wonder if Cheapy is a Deep Purple fan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvkvjummb7g

At first glance, this seems like a fairly typical shooter to me. It doesn't seem to do anything too unique and for the most part, resembles a lot of other fps games that have come out in the past. Guess I just don't understand why it was even made. I'd like to see more fps games with good stories, like Halo: Combat Evolved and Bioshock. Those are the games that really capture my attention and keep me playing.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Holy shit, I though I was in the Killzone 3 thread :dunce:. I had multiple windows open[/QUOTE]
Haha. I was just going to say you probably got them confused. ;)

About damn time. Now I can jump on the second major PS3 release of the year like I wanted (first being LBP2 and I'm having a blast with it). Even better is it's not costing me a thing out of pocket with all the damn credit and gift cards I've got saved up! :)

Odd thing is, that during checkout...there is no mention of the $20 promotion. Checked my email, and no mention of the promotion as well.

On the other hand, Bulletstorm gave me a notification of the $20 promo during checkout and in my confirmation email.

Taking screenshots just in case.

[quote name='Zaku77']I chatted with a CS rep. They told me that even though the 20$ credit doesn't show up on the order page, I will still receive it like normal. I hope he's right![/QUOTE]

I was told the same... only time will tell

I've had a lot of preorders that I did as soon as they were available to order.. just to get every bonus that they offer between that point and when it ships.. You don't have to cancel and re-order for you to get the credit. I just called to verify this and because it is a "preorder" bonus and you have preordered it... It automatically will apply

Example: When I ordered Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.. it had a preorder bonus of free copy of Need for Speed Shift...quite a while after that .. the bonus changed to a $20 game credit.. I did call then also to make sure I'd receive both order bonuses.. and did get both..with no cancellation and reordering necessary.

So what I do now is preorder as soon as a game is available to preorder then I'm guaranteed the lowest price and any and all bonuses offered up to ship date. And if I decide not to get it I simply cancel the order before hand and it doesn't cost me a dime. Amazon rocks!

on a related note, i decided to check on the 7-11 slurpee awards. unfortunately, all universal slurpee codes are dead (including the only three that were working before):

GRDC-PGGC-CXKM
ZWMT -LPSJ-SFMQ
BSBV-MJTB-DNQN
ZPNV-WZPX-HHFR
GZHM-VJWT-XGJJ
HFTQ-SGQZ-CTPM

wish there was still a way i could get in on that lbp dynamic theme since the pre-order comes w/ the same map pack already.

Went with this deal instead of Kmart's since I had credit to use. I kinda hope Amazon keeps these good credit offers up since Kmart has been shaky with delivering on their promotions lately.

I am very worried that the move will make the game unbalanced, having played my share of Wii shooters, even with the slightly awkward turning I had much improved accuracy, and the Move is better than the Wii controls from what I have heard.

That said, I am in, even if I end up disliking the game, I will likely be able to trade it in a month after launch for 39 or so. Thanks op.

Dammit Amazon. I really had no interest in buying this game. But a $20 anything credit and probably over $30 buy back price nets this game under $8. Even if it sucks (not that it will) it's worth it.

well the $20 credit wasn't mentioned on my invoice like it usually is so i ended up contacting amazon and asking about this, i ask them to send an email just to have proof, you know, even tho amazon is great its better to be on the safe side

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']well the $20 credit wasn't mentioned on my invoice like it usually is so i ended up contacting amazon and asking about this, i ask them to send an email just to have proof, you know, even tho amazon is great its better to be on the safe side[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with Amazon not honoring any kind of promotion, great customer service. I ordered mine this morning and it did list the credit on check out page, if that helps anyone.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']well the $20 credit wasn't mentioned on my invoice like it usually is so i ended up contacting amazon and asking about this, i ask them to send an email just to have proof, you know, even tho amazon is great its better to be on the safe side[/QUOTE]

good call, i just emailed too since i had no mention of it on my invoice either.

[quote name='JeriKu']Son of a b...

I just ordered this LAST NIGHT at GameStop because there wasn't a credit deal..[/QUOTE]

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Didn't you see what happened with LBP2?

[quote name='shadowknight203']C'mon guys, just give them your money so games like Call of Duty will stop being made, I want the return of old school shooters again like Unreal..man UT was amazing back in the day[/QUOTE]

1) I grew up with PC shooters, and I'd still rather play Black Ops over this
2) it's not our job to just hand out money to developers; it's there job to entice us to do so
3) the game looks like great fun, but like the rest of People Can Fly's work, I'm having trouble finding the $60, even with a $20 giftcard
4) Killzone 3 comes out on the same day, and is a far superior game in every way

[quote name='eddie291']Just to make sure...do I still get the $20 credit even though I had KZ3 preordered since last week?[/QUOTE]
i think you do but just to be on the safe side you should contact amazon CS

[quote name='eddie291']Just to make sure...do I still get the $20 credit even though I had KZ3 preordered since last week?[/QUOTE]

A member on SlickDeals posted a conversation they had with an Amazon CSR and they were advised to cancel their order and re-order, since Amazon doesn't charge until a product ships and since their order (placed on Feb 4, 2011) was outside of the beginning of the $20 promotional period.

I'm guessing that would be the easiest thing for you to do. That is unless you paid with any amount of promotional balance. Since, from what I've heard, that is hard to receive back from a cancelled order (I guess from what I've heard is that when it's been used it can't come back?)

Also.....for those talking/asking about Bulletstorm....I personally played a copy at a friend's house (he's not a good person, we'll just leave it at that) and was thoroughly UNIMPRESSED. It felt like a bad Gears of War

[quote name='LordVila']$20 credit + Home prop + Retro map pack + 3 unlock points + Release day delivery = Amazon ftw![/QUOTE]

+1

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Vader582']I would just cancel my KZ3 preorder and place another order but I went through Home to get the Home Avatar freebie. Hrm...[/QUOTE]

As has been said millions of times in this thread you will get the $20 promo credit even if you ordered before it was added and even if you already have an existing preorder bonus for the game (see: Black Ops and Hot Pursuit for examples). If because you were holding your breath and had your eyes crossed when you ordered and don't get the $20 credit call or email Amazon and they will apply the credit.

Had to talk myself down from preordering both games canceled my bulletstorm preorder... But wish I had no back log that keeps getting bigger due the call of duty

[quote name='LordVila']As has been said millions of times in this thread you will get the $20 promo credit even if you ordered before it was added and even if you already have an existing preorder bonus for the game (see: Black Ops and Hot Pursuit for examples). If because you were holding your breath and had your eyes crossed when you ordered and don't get the $20 credit call or email Amazon and they will apply the credit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've read that. I've also experienced Amazon being a PITA about preorder bonuses so in my experience, it's hit-and-miss. Amazon is pretty decent but their CS is not 100%.
In the bonus description, it says nothing about the $20 applying to previous preorders. That's my main concern.

EDIT: I called CS just to see what they'd say. I was told I'd get the $20 promo. If I have any issues at least there will be a record that I called on the 18th about the promo. I'd recommend for others to call, just to be safe.

Well last time I cancelled an order that had release date delivery I wasn't able to get it back. So this time I called amazon and they manually adjusted the price of my games down to 39.95 and 37.99 respectively. Gotta love amazon!

THIS IS TOTALLY YMMV --- I preordered the Helghast edition yesterday before the $20 credit was posted. This morning I sent Amazon customer service an email (through "My Orders" in the account section) asking if the $20 credit was coming to the Helghast edition and saying I was going to cancel my order and preorder the non-limited edition if they weren't. A couple of hours later I got an email saying they weren't going to offer it but $20 had been taken off my order. Again - totally YMMV but I wanted to share this with my fellow CAGers for anyone else in the same boat.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I hated the Bulletstorm demo so someone donate me their GOW3 beta code so it doesn't cost me $40. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the beta will require the BS disc.

From Amazon CS

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.

If you would like to take advantage of this promo offer, please cancel this order and place a new order. So that you will able to get $20 promotional credit.

awesome!!!! amazon.com ftw!!! and it's a price match of toys r us lol, but since i would've have to have driven like an hour to get to one, this is much better!!! YES! buying both!

Had a feeling Amazon would post this type of credit and exclude the Helghast Edition I have on pre-order. I expected it, so no regrets sticking with the Helghast one.

Really want the gears beta. Really don't want a game that has no multi player.

Why must they package the beta with a completely unrelated game. whyyyyyyyyyy

[quote name='kirby145']Really want the gears beta. Really don't want a game that has no multi player.

Why must they package the beta with a completely unrelated game. whyyyyyyyyyy[/QUOTE]

Same studio behind both games (Epic Games).

[quote name='CheapyD']Merged the Killzone & Bulletstorm threads to combine the hot $20 credit action for the front page.[/QUOTE]

Was wondering how I missed so many pages!

And a reminder again, if you preorder Killzone 3 from Amazon via the kiosk in the Central Plaza in Home on the PS3 you can get all the bonus CheapyD listed plus a exclusive jetpack to wear in Home. They will send you a code to DL it when the game ships I believe.

Also they have mini game to earn 3 more unlock points there too so 6 total points thanks to Amazon and Home.

5385430505_22076c35fa.jpg

[quote name='chubbyporky']From Amazon CS

Hello,

I am sorry to say that we're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last.

If you would like to take advantage of this promo offer, please cancel this order and place a new order. So that you will able to get $20 promotional credit.[/QUOTE]

That goes against everything I have seen about how Amazon operates . . . they always give you the promo credit even if you order before such a credit is offered. WTF?

EDIT: Re-read the pre-order price guarantee, and it only states that if the price on the item goes down between the time of your preorder and shipping, you get the lowest price. Doesn't say you get any promo credit if that is offered after your original pre-order.

bread's done
Back