Killzone 3 (PS3) & Bulletstorm (360/PS3) with $20 credit at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21017[/IMG-R]Pre-order Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm and receive $20 in Amazon credit. Killzone 3 also includes an Amazon-exclusive code to get instant access to 3 Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice in Killzone 3 Multiplayer. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Release day delivery is available on both titles.

More Amazon pre-order credit deals here.

:ps3: Killzone 3 w/$20 credit at Amazon
:360::ps3: Bulletstorm w/$20 credit at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually Zon will offer the credit to all preexisting orders as long as it's for the standard version. I mean they offer that preorder price guarantee so this is similar. Drop a note to their customer service and ask. I'd honestly be surprised if they said no.

I can't resist, I'm ordering so I don't have to hike over to TrU. Both games. Gonna wait on the sharpshooter since I don't have a nav controller and will hope for an accessory sale.

Although people are saying this will be a bargain bin title in a fairly short amount of time, there is one problem... Gears 3 beta! I mean, come on, that's the biggest reason I'm tempted to buy this game. Now this $20 credit, not to mention I'm now getting $20 credit for Killzone 3... I'm really tempted, but not sold yet. Bulletstorm itself looks iffy... and the demo was really short and arcadey. I don't want an arcadey shooter, I want to know if this game has a legitimate story/ campaign mode...

[quote name='scrubsr1']I would like to know this as well.[/QUOTE]

I just finished talking to amazon customer service chat, they said you only qualify if you purchase during the promotion and that i'd have to cancel and reorder.

Stupid but better safe than sorry, so that's what I did.

[quote name='Goatbuster']To all the people hating on this game for absolutely no valid reason, take a step back and look at this from another point of view.

This game is supposed to re-imagine the wacky, over-the-top styles of games such as Painkiller and Unreal Tournament. If you literally have no valid arguments as to why this game sucks, stay the hell out of this thread and go back to your CoD or any other generic military shooter. There are plenty of them.

Anyway, pretty good deal, but I can wait for a drop since money's a little tight.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I actually traded in Black Ops to put money down on this.

[quote name='theking20']fuck, still pissed there was no amazon credit at all for dead space 2 :/

i might bite but meh at the scoring part in the demo, feels like the club to me, but the graphics were good.

Gotta save money for 3DS anyway B)[/QUOTE]

I think there was a $20 pre-order for DS2.

Yes, this game is like The Club with better graphics and improved weapons/abilities. This genre needs more arcade games that are fun and not mundane like COD and BBC

[quote name='rbanke']I just finished talking to amazon customer service chat, they said you only qualify if you purchase during the promotion and that i'd have to cancel and reorder.

Stupid but better safe than sorry, so that's what I did.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That doesn't sound like them, but whatever. Seems pointless to go through the hassle when they should be able to edit the order. Maybe it's a limited availability deal?

[quote name='shadowknight203']C'mon guys, just give them your money so games like Call of Duty will stop being made, I want the return of old school shooters again like Unreal..man UT was amazing back in the day[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Goatbuster']To all the people hating on this game for absolutely no valid reason, take a step back and look at this from another point of view.

This game is supposed to re-imagine the wacky, over-the-top styles of games such as Painkiller and Unreal Tournament. If you literally have no valid arguments as to why this game sucks, stay the hell out of this thread and go back to your CoD or any other generic military shooter. There are plenty of them.

Anyway, pretty good deal, but I can wait for a drop since money's a little tight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I agree with you. I want FPS to go back to the days of Serious Sam and Unreal Tournament . The Club from Sega was the last game that brought arcade FPS to the mix[/QUOTE]

I love you guys! Lol, couldn't have said it better myself. I still have UT on my PC too, if I knew of a popular server I'd probably still be addicted to that game. It's the reason I got broadband and that summer simply disappeared for me. And the few after it... Painkiller, Serious Sam, the old Doom. Now THOSE were FPS's. Not this crap based around hiding all the time that the kids play.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Thanks Cheapy. Still on the fence on this one. I'm surprised there isn't a deal for Killzone 3 on Amazon yet.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is. It's also $20.

What aren't people liking about it? I can't really figure out all the hate... the whole idea of trick shooting I think would pander to the hardcore and/or those looking for something that extends the longevity in their FPSs. I don't know if its my kinda game after playing the demo but I didn't exactly come across anything that would make me spiteful towards it. The controls were tight, the AI was acceptable, what gives?

[quote name='Beefyheart']what the shit :( i got helghast edition ordered from them and it doesnt have the promo credit :/[/QUOTE]

same here i want this edition, but with out credit it's $90 more

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']What aren't people liking about it? I can't really figure out all the hate... the whole idea of trick shooting I think would pander to the hardcore and/or those looking for something that extends the longevity in their FPSs. I don't know if its my kinda game after playing the demo but I didn't exactly come across anything that would make me spiteful towards it. The controls were tight, the AI was acceptable, what gives?[/QUOTE]
'

Where do you see that people don;t like this game? You have it backwards. This game is awesome cause it has all the things that made original FPS great.Doom, Quake, and Unreal Tournament were the true FPS, not this COD and BBC crap

[quote name='LottaGames']Seriously? That doesn't sound like them, but whatever. Seems pointless to go through the hassle when they should be able to edit the order. Maybe it's a limited availability deal?[/QUOTE]
It's likely that something was lost in translation.

guess I'll pre-order now... and then try the demo to see if I'll keep the pre-order going.

Like most here, I'm not a huge fan of CoD and long for the days of Unreal, Doom, etc, etc.

lol i messed up my order i thought have to order again and canceled my old order but i dont see my previous game credit on it.

According to twitter there giving the $20 credit to people who pre-ordered Bulletstorm before the promotion was applied. So I don't see why the same thing won't happen for Killzone 3.

can someone answer this please, the 3-5 day shipping was like 5 bucks but the release date shipping was only 0.99 cents, what the heck?

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']What aren't people liking about it? I can't really figure out all the hate... the whole idea of trick shooting I think would pander to the hardcore and/or those looking for something that extends the longevity in their FPSs. I don't know if its my kinda game after playing the demo but I didn't exactly come across anything that would make me spiteful towards it. The controls were tight, the AI was acceptable, what gives?[/QUOTE]

It's the plague of the FPS in the age of modern warfare. It's become the norm for every game to be ultra-realistic. Personally, I'd prefer the sci-fi and fantasy based ones since the monsters, weapons, settings, and story can all be more unique. I love military shooters, but they can get boring after a while.

Bulletstorm demo was a blast. I'm curious to see how this one does in sales. It's got a good release date away from other blockbusters, but I still think people might ignore it because it doesn't have the hype and big name like Medal of Honor or COD.

[quote name='dreamer2050']lol i messed up my order i thought have to order again and canceled my old order but i dont see my previous game credit on it.[/QUOTE]

When was that credit suppose to expire? Maybe it expired. Have to be careful with that. I had $40 credit on my account so I canceled my existing order with no $20 credit and now have one with a future credit. $39 when you factor in the $20 credit and $1 dollar same day delivery. Final cost is $19 with a future $20 credit after the $40 from previous deals. I wonder why the $20 gc didn't show at checkout though. Has anyone called about this problem yet?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I got the free release day delivery, maybe you need prime for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes that must be for prime members. I got $.99 offer for same day delivery.

[quote name='3rdbass']When was that credit suppose to expire? Maybe it expired. Have to be careful with that. I had $40 credit on my account so I canceled my existing order with no $20 credit and now have one with a future credit. $39 when you factor in the $20 credit and $1 dollar same day delivery. Final cost is $19 with a future $20 credit after the $40 from previous deals. I wonder why the $20 gc didn't show at checkout though. Has anyone called about this problem yet?[/QUOTE]

I just checked my emails and the credit expired at Feb 1st, 15 of assassin creed and 10 of grand turismo 5. I emailed CS , lets see what happens.

cancelled the hellghast edition. it's sweet, but not worth 130. when i can get killzone 3 and bullet storm with $40 credit for $5 less

The demo was a blast and pre ordered when I read this thread. I'm thrilled its not another boring CoD type FPS. Its about time they make a game like this.

[quote name='dreamer2050']I just checked my emails and the credit expired at Feb 1st, 15 of assassin creed and 10 of grand turismo 5. I emailed CS , lets see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Well the new credits are now general Amazon store and not game specific and they don't expire for 1 year. It should make the possibility of losing expiring credits harder. I hope CS can give a one time favor and give you back the credit.

[quote name='crazydom2']I contacted Amazon and they said I qualified for the $20 from ordering before :/. Conflicting reports then.[/QUOTE]

Just got told the same thing so I dont have to re-order

I canceled and re-ordered

but didnt see the $20 promotional credit statement at the bottom of the invoice like I usually see with these amazon deals.

[quote name='ryheeles']They won't PM Amazon at all.[/QUOTE]

thats weird cuz frys pm's amazon. and for price adjustments they'll refund the difference plus 10%.

oh yeah..at least this is better than mass effect 3's crummy $10 promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']One hell of a deal. I just repreordered just to be safe.

Also make note that all versions get upgraded to the limited edition as well so essentially you are getting a crapload of bonuses. (360 is the limited edition but they call it epic because of the GOW3 beta invite).[/QUOTE]

What are the crapload of bonuses?

Thanks for the heads up OP! I had decided to wait to pull the trigger but the $20 credit sold me. Loved the first two games and felt like the 2nd's online play was great.

Is it weird that after playing both the Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 demo (as well as the multiplayer beta and owning killzone 2), I'm thinking of picking this up instead of Killzone 3?

[quote name='doreo503']Is it weird that after playing both the Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 demo (as well as the multiplayer beta and owning killzone 2), I'm thinking of picking this up instead of Killzone 3?[/QUOTE]

I loved both demos. Both games brings something vastly different from the modern combat FPS that seems the to be norm in these present days -- it used to be the same with WWII FPS and now modern combat FPS seem to be taking the same tired route.

In any case, as a fan of KZ since the first, I'll definitely be getting that game w/ $20 credit...and I am about to jump on this (also w/ $20 credit) just because how badass and fun I find the game to be. As others have stated, it hearkens back to the origins and greatness of the FPS genre.

Two FPS each different from the current norm, and each respectively different from the other as well.

Win/win situation for me. :)

Might make people who taught about it bite, No worries for me I didnt hesitate buying the Helghast edition hope its as rare as U2 knife holster

I just got a response to my e-mail to amazon and was told that I needed to cancel my old pre-order and repre-order the game to receive the $20 credit.

Kinda sucks since I pre-ordered back when it was $57.99 but it's worth it for me.

[quote name='emperordahc']Where's the huge list of people correcting the OP about how this belongs in the Amazon credit thread? ;)

Thanks, CheepyD![/QUOTE]

More like, where's all the "MSRP = not a deal" posts? :cold:

[quote name='Stationfan']Might make people who taught about it bite, No worries for me I didnt hesitate buying the Helghast edition hope its as rare as U2 knife holster[/QUOTE]

Um what Uncharted 2 knife holster? Are you referring to the Fortune Hunter edition? I promise you this won't be as rare considering it's actually for sale.

bread's done
Back