Killzone 3 Super Voucher is Now Valid!

gabujabu

CAGiversary!
Hello everyone,

I remember a few weeks ago that a number of people were having trouble redeeming the Killzone 3 Super Voucher from the Helghast Edition. In my case, although the voucher officially expired on September 1, it didn't work when I tried to redeem it on August 31 because Sony terminated the offer on August 31, 2011 at 12:01. After dealing with Sony customer support for 2 weeks, I got a call from them, and they told me that the offer was extended by one month to the end of September. So all those people that missed out on entering the code, now is your chance to re-enter!

Thanks, OP!!! I just tried it, and my previously expired code worked like a charm! :bouncy:

[quote name='ssjmichael']good to hear, but probably not the best section for this.[/QUOTE]

No, sir. The OP did it exactly right, IMHO. This expired voucher has been a topic of heated discussion in the Killzone thread on this very forum. And since this is essentially a completely separate deal (available to people who already own the game) and is extremely time-sensitive (two week expiration), it deserves maximum exposure--it's own thread.

For CAGs like me, this is all about getting entirely free content that I previously had no access to. That's a Video Game Deal thread if I ever heard one!

It's also helpful to let people know that the voucher will expire at the end of this month if they're trying to pick it up on clearance ala the Legendary Halo Editions. Sucks for whomever tries to get it after this month.

I bought it back in the summer when BB discounted it and I had K3 before so this was a repurchase. When I redeem the code on PSN, does the 24 hours start from when I download the pack or from when I log into K3?

[quote name='blindinglights']Only extending it a month is lame. The voucher should work for at least a year after the game was released.[/QUOTE]

If you can still get it in stock that is sold as new, it should be available. Especially if it is printed on the case or advertised in the product description.

This is why the EA server stuff annoys me so much. Many of the games with shutdown servers still have stock on the shelves that can be bought as new. Nothing is done to pull the stock back and a customer who buys the game will not be able to use it for many of the features noted, having no idea that they cannot.

Props to Sony for at least trying to rectify their own issue (8/31 @ noon instead of end of day), but there's still miles to go before this stuff is perfected.

If only Gargus wasn't silenced. He would have your head for this! haha.

Good notification though. Definitely the wrong section ;)

EDIT: Apparently the mods moved it already...

This is a DEAL. Burying it deep in the Sony section was a mistake, mods.

Oh, well.

I feel bad for other current owners, like myself, who won't check the Killzone 3 game deal thread and will miss out on this. Again. :wall:

Wow, I really wanted to pick Killzone 3 up at the Amazon sale recently, but knowing that the DLC wouldn't work, I was offended at having to pay the same $40 for it that others paid months ago with working DLC.

I guess that I'll have to settle for the vanilla version when it reaches the $10-15 range in another year or two.

I can verify that the Supervoucher works just like the OP stated. I would bump the K3 HE thread made a few days ago in the Video Game Deals thread but the price jumped back up to $60. Still, thanks for the heads up and if you're still planning to buy the Helghast Edition, better do it now.

Thanks for posting this as well. I wound up grabbing all my backlog PS3 games and have been inputting codes for the last half hour just in case of any code expiration... Ah the joys of being a CAG...the ol' backlog stack ;)

Thanks OP for posting this! I had forgot about my super voucher. My voucher still worked and all my downloads are happening as I write.

Going to download right now. I was cleaning up all my paper work & saw I had the voucher. I try redeeming the code on the 1st of September but didn't work & now can finally redeem it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Zippon']This is a DEAL. Burying it deep in the Sony section was a mistake, mods.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I never would have caught it in the PS3 forum, and I was pretty annoyed when I realized I had forgotten to redeem my code after August 31st.

I called playstation cs yesterday about the expired voucher and she told me I was s.o.l. I'm glad I found this thread, input my code and it worked. Good find Op. Thanks

Rumor confirmed! I called sony a few weeks ago about this, was told to e-mail with proof of receipt and code scan, which I did TWICE with no follow up. I then also tried guerilla games and got NO response. Great support guys! Seriously stop with the fuckIN expiration dates. As a long time CAG my backlog is insane as it is and its fuckED up I have to keep opening up new stuff just to redeem my codes in time, I only seem to notice this with playstation games and NEVER Xbox. Get it together and support these codes especially since this was one of the reasons I bought this damn edition (in addition to the helmet). If I didn't randomly run into this I would've never bothered with this code, so I hope more people in my similar situation hurry and redeem the code before its narced again, and I wouldn't take the chance until the end of the month since I got no response from customer disservice anyway so jump on it.

Big Daddy E lol

Thanks OP. I contacted Sony on September 1st when I tired to redeem it and they pretty much told me to **** off. I'm so glad you posted this. Now I have my soundtrack, theme, dlc and 24 hour exp!

I noticed after my code redemption (wonder if I'm the only one this happened to POST code resuscitation they narced those multiplayer xp bonuses and unlocks. I got the other bonus content but this was the primary reason of the voucher to me. One last time: Hey Sony no expiration dates and when you bring a code back to life don't narc the content I properly paid for and give me ALL of it. Ridiculous.

bread's done
Back