Killzone 39.99 Amazon/toysrus possible pricing mistake

[quote name='Wario64']Isn't this a Sony published game? $39.99 sounds right to me. MSRP[/quote]

Not really seeing as that is usually the case for 1st party games, but online games are different (I.E. Socom 2, GT4 etc.)

[quote name='ddrMoPanda'][quote name='Wario64']Isn't this a Sony published game? $39.99 sounds right to me. MSRP[/quote]

Not really seeing as that is usually the case for 1st party games, but online games are different (I.E. Socom 2, GT4 etc.)[/quote]

Not all 1st party online games are priced at $50, though you do make a good point. If the MSRP is actually $40, then I'd imagine it's Sony's attempt to dissuade customers away from that 'other' online console shooter coming out this Fall.

[quote name='ddrMoPanda'][quote name='Wario64']Isn't this a Sony published game? $39.99 sounds right to me. MSRP[/quote]

Not really seeing as that is usually the case for 1st party games, but online games are different (I.E. Socom 2, GT4 etc.)[/quote]

What about Ratchet and Clank 3? That's one of Sony's big online titles for the fall, and I'm pretty sure that it's MSRP is $39.99.

[quote name='alongx']What about Ratchet and Clank 3? That's one of Sony's big online titles for the fall, and I'm pretty sure that it's MSRP is $39.99.[/quote]

As is Hot Shots Fore.

It's Sony policy that all Sony-published first-party games are given an MSRP of $39.99. It's been that way for a few years now.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='ddrMoPanda'][quote name='Wario64']Isn't this a Sony published game? $39.99 sounds right to me. MSRP[/quote]

Not all 1st party online games are priced at $50, though you do make a good point. If the MSRP is actually $40, then I'd imagine it's Sony's attempt to dissuade customers away from that 'other' online console shooter coming out this Fall.[/quote]

I don't want this to come out sounding fanboyish.. but there's not a thing Sony can do to beat out Halo 2. That hype machine has been in overdrive for so long on that thing.. the game could be terrible and still sell an assload of copies.

[quote name='wookieballz']It's Sony policy that all Sony-published first-party games are given an MSRP of $39.99. It's been that way for a few years now.[/quote]
There are exceptions such as SOCOM, Syphon Filter, and others, I'm sure.
You can be sure GT4 will be $50.

It might be $39.99 since that's what Sony published games usually are, except for Socom II. I'd glady buy it at that price, since I'm not big into FPS. I do want Killzone more than Halo 2 though.

I'd bet it is $40 (since most Sony titles are) . . . undercut Halo 2 by price to help sales anyway.

Why be fanboys and make this a Halo 2 vs. Killzone thread? . . . play both. They look pretty different in their presentation.

[quote name='schultzed']I'd bet it is $40 (since most Sony titles are) . . . undercut Halo 2 by price to help sales anyway.

Why be fanboys and make this a Halo 2 vs. Killzone thread? . . . play both. They look pretty different in their presentation.[/quote]

Im not going to waste my money on this game with crappy framerates when i could get GTA SA and GT4. Its also going to be great how your not gonna have anyone to play online a month after release.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='schultzed']I'd bet it is $40 (since most Sony titles are) . . . undercut Halo 2 by price to help sales anyway.

Why be fanboys and make this a Halo 2 vs. Killzone thread? . . . play both. They look pretty different in their presentation.[/quote]

Im not going to waste my money on this game with crappy framerates when i could get GTA SA and GT4. Its also going to be great how your not gonna have anyone to play online a month after release.[/quote]

Wow! . . . people are nasty . . . I don't care what you play so don't quote my message with your ill-tempered tone.

I may or may not play Killzone . . . its definitely a "wait for the reviews" kind of game. But my larger point is what's the sense of trashing it just because its from Sony.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='schultzed']I'd bet it is $40 (since most Sony titles are) . . . undercut Halo 2 by price to help sales anyway.

Im not going to waste my money on this game with crappy framerates when i could get GTA SA and GT4. Its also going to be great how your not gonna have anyone to play online a month after release.[/quote]

Wow! . . . people are nasty . . . I don't care what you play so don't quote my message with your ill-tempered tone.

I may or may not play Killzone . . . its definitely a "wait for the reviews" kind of game. But my larger point is what's the sense of trashing it just because its from Sony.[/quote]

Thanks for helping in keeping my thread from turning into a flamewar from Microsoft hotheads...

I's a fucking deal post! I wasn't saying it was a good game or anything.

I'm Beta testing the mutliplayer now, and there are no frame rate issues at all. There were frame rate probs in the Alpha which I played at E3, but not in the public release Beta. Whoever is claiming there are frame rate issues is full of BS.

Servers support up to 16 players, and I have played 16 player Death Match, 16 player Team Death Match, and 16 player Assault.

Controls feel closer to TimeSplitters 2 than they do to XIII, which is good, and gameplay is a cross between Half-Life and MOH: Allied Assault. The Dev team told us that there will be keyboard support for chat at launch, and I believe headphone support as well. Weapons are more realistic than fanciful.

Graphics are hi-res for a PS2 title, and far grittier than the pretty Halo. Comparing the graphics of Halo and KZ is like comparing the graphics RE and SH -- both titles are survival horror, but both are very diff games and take very diff approaches. Techincally Halo has a higher resolution, but KZ still looks comparable -- it includes lots of texture variety, and looks very detailed.

The maps in the Beta well designed -- a beach head, a train station, and a jungle. Environmental sounds are plentiful -- bugs in the jungle, and inner city firearms in the distance on the train level. More levels will be available in the final release.

There are a couple of flaws in the Beta, that are scheduled for fixing -- including things like everyone's name appears over their head in non-team DM, or that when u pick up a weapon sonetimes you fall forward thru the floor. There are a couple of other small probs, but I have read that all these issues are scheduled to be fixed. Nothing is earth shattering, though the names over the head prob in non-team DM is a big prob in my opinion.

Load times are pretty decent, like any other FPS game on console or PC. Gamepad control feels natural, like TS2, and I don't find myself wishing for a keyboard and mouse like I did in XIII.

The multiplayer portion of this game will be a success, without a doubt -- the only downside is that it does not use the HDD for downloadable maps, which is great if u r a cheap ass ;-)

[quote name='donssword']There are a couple of flaws in the Beta, that are scheduled for fixing -- including things like [...] when u pick up a weapon sonetimes you fall forward thru the floor. [/quote]

That's hillarious!

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='donssword']There are a couple of flaws in the Beta, that are scheduled for fixing -- including things like [...] when u pick up a weapon sonetimes you fall forward thru the floor. [/quote]

That's hillarious![/quote]

I was going to quote that but I didn't feel like, it.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='ddrMoPanda'][quote name='Wario64']Isn't this a Sony published game? $39.99 sounds right to me. MSRP[/quote]

Not all 1st party online games are priced at $50, though you do make a good point. If the MSRP is actually $40, then I'd imagine it's Sony's attempt to dissuade customers away from that 'other' online console shooter coming out this Fall.[/quote]

I don't want this to come out sounding fanboyish.. but there's not a thing Sony can do to beat out Halo 2. That hype machine has been in overdrive for so long on that thing.. the game could be terrible and still sell an assload of copies.[/quote]

You're right about that. It's kind of sad that no matter what the game gets, it will at least sell 1 million copies (I'm almost positive it'll be more than that.) I personally, won't be buying Halo 2 since I hated the first, but pretty much everyone else I've talked to will.

As far as Killzone, it could go either way. It's either going to be a sleeper hit, or just bad.

Update -- after about 36 hours of playtime in 3-4 hour sessions, I have had 1 laggy game, and two games with no environmental sound.

If u have ever played PC FPS games, that is actually a pretty amazing stat.

bread's done
Back