Kind of a general Core vs. Premium question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
The other day at work I won a 20GB HD for the 360, plus Guitar Hero II, but I don't have an Xbox 360 yet. That said, I'm curious on what the better option is here ... Core or Premium?

I don't have any of the next gen consoles and it is time I upgrade to them. Would it be more efficient to get a Core, and use my HD, or return the HD and buy a Premium? Would it really make any difference?

Thanks in advance, I know this is a really general question. As 360 owners, what would you advise?

Just buy a core slap on that new HD. Unless you worried about HDMI. The core only comes with wired controllers btw, and pick up an extended warranty.

Do you have a HDTV? If so, do the swap and get yourself a premium or a elite? If you don't have a HDTV, just get a core. If you don't have money right now, get a core and upgrade slowly as needed.

[quote name='lurknomore']Do you have a HDTV? If so, do the swap and get yourself a premium or a elite? If you don't have a HDTV, just get a core. If you don't have money right now, get a core and upgrade slowly as needed.[/quote]

qft

by the way, where do you work?

I do not have an HDTV, and probably won't for another few years. Just don't have the money at the moment. Although I'd like to think I will have one soon, I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Also, I saw somewhere in the 360 Price Drop thread that the Core now comes with a wireless controller, is that true?

And as an aside, I am a telemarketer (don't hate me, I hate the job too) and sell products for AT&T to the southeast region of the US. Every $10 or so we make in revenue we are given a ticket that is thrown into a raffle for different prizes everyday. Usually they are like 5 dollar gift cards, but I got very lucky. I have also won a Nintendo DS and Twilight Princess for Gamecube, as well as a surround sound home theatre system in the past.

Get the core. You have the hard drive, no HD tv. So what it you don't get the wireless controller? You will have a premium 360 for almost 270

Get the core, sell the 20gb hd and get the 120gb that comes with the elite. DLC will fill up the 20 gig a lot faster than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back