King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum-$15 or less

sprintsucks5892

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Did a search and didn't see this posted.
Amazon has King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum for $15 each, which is a little cheaper than EBgames. And they're both eligible for free shipping with orders over $25.
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-King-of-Fighters-XI/dp/B000V7889C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-NeoGeo-Battle-Coliseum/dp/B000V788A6/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1

If you're only buying one (Or you don't want to have to wait for both to come out), Family Video might be the better route. Price of both is still $15, but shipping is only $.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278296
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278298
Coupons codes for FV:
$5 off (new customers only): NEWMEM5F
$3 off (existing customers): NEWMEM3F

Eh. I went ahead and pre ordered both. They're both scheduled for Oct knowing SNK they most likely won't be out until NOV. I remember as far back as Samurai Shodown V for Xbox that they have never released a game on time. Every SNk game that I've preordered since has never come out on the expected release date so I've pretty much given up on trying to buy these games when they come out or pre ordering them but I guess doing this through Amazon isn't too bad. This was I can just forget about the games and then be plesantly suprized when they arrive.

Thanks OP!

Yeah, I went ahead got these two and the new Guilty Gear (Which around my area is impossible to find in B&M stores, and also isn't being sold at Best Buy or Circuit City it seems....).

Total of $59.97 for 3 great fighting games...can't wait. May 2-D live forever!

I pre-orderd them but I think this might be the regular prices as Buy.com seems to be selling them for that also along with SNK other latest games.

I've had the import copy of King of Fighter XI since the game came out in Japan, it was worth the 50 bucks I spent and if your a fan of 2D fighters, you're crazy to pass on it for only 15 bucks.

NGBC is alright. The single player game is lacking. The game is really short and it feels like it just ends, I played it all the time at China Town Fair when they had it and they took it out for a new game called Arcana Heart.

For 15 bucks, I'll pick up NGBC. There's a couple of cool characters and it was done alright, but not as good as KoFXI

[quote name='rcaido']So any of the SNK games or Firepro playable online?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You're kidding right? This is SNK we're talking about. That involves extra coding or something. I'm surprised LIVE functions on any of the games they put out for the XBOX. I'd actually like to see these for the XBOX more than for the PS2 because of possible LIVE gameplay.

Firepro ... I doubt it. Only because the PS2 is late in its cycle, and it's not a super popular game. That would indicate effort on their part.

[quote name='opportunity777']:lol:

You're kidding right? This is SNK we're talking about. That involves extra coding or something. I'm surprised LIVE functions on any of the games they put out for the XBOX. I'd actually like to see these for the XBOX more than for the PS2 because of possible LIVE gameplay.

Firepro ... I doubt it. Only because the PS2 is late in its cycle, and it's not a super popular game. That would indicate effort on their part.[/quote]

I remember when SVC Chaos came out for XBox I was playing it on live, but the multiplayer didn't work out too well and no one was online ever...

[quote name='cdrober']I remember when SVC Chaos came out for XBox I was playing it on live, but the multiplayer didn't work out too well and no one was online ever...[/QUOTE]

One reason is because SVC Chaos is broken. It needed serious rebalancing among other things. The move inputs were imprecise. The hit boxes were off. The list goes on and on. Also, as you mentioned, the multiplayer was sketchy at best.

It's an interesting game. I really tried to force myself to like it, but the game is just mediocre. I think it would have been great if it wasn't made by SNK. The game seemed slopped together. Capcom should do a remake or part two with new graphics, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I still load it up to play as Violent Ken though when I'm really bored :)

It's too bad he's not any other game. He just looks really cool.

$15 bucks? i'm sold on both! i agree, NeoWave and Chaos were both shit. let's not speak of it again...

+1 preorder.

I've been tempted to import Neo Geo Battle Coliseum for a while now, so I'm really happy to see it getting an official US release, and at a budget price at that. This is really a great time in a console's life: miscellaneous or niche titles that previously never would have made it past Sony's watchful eye for a US release (see: that Metal Slug title that was denied for being 2D) are snuck under the radar while everyone else is paying attention to the PS3.

[quote name='harunim']Will these be playable on PS3???[/QUOTE]

Yes. Or at least they'll be playable on 20/60GB model PS3s.

[quote name='phantomer']i'll get those, but i bet they'll be worthless once snk releases some kind of snk compilation on ps3[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that line of reasoning apply to basically... every game ever?

I think just about every game that SNK has released on the PS2 in Japan is online compatible. It's a damn shame that PS2's online sucks in the US.

Holy crap! How did I miss the US release of these? Thanks for the head's up OP. I immediately pre-ordered both.

Did SNK ever do a Samurai Showdown collection? I'd love to play the first two of those. Maybe they'll be on the VC eventually.

[quote name='jer7583']Did SNK ever do a Samurai Showdown collection? I'd love to play the first two of those. Maybe they'll be on the VC eventually.[/QUOTE]

They're supposedly in the process of making a Samsho collection, but it's not out in Japan yet or anything. Though, it'll be interesting to see if we get Samurai Shodown: Tenkaichi, which is the newest and arguably best one by far.

Yep, the Samurai Spirits collection is supposed to come out by the end of this year. Can't wait...Iroha and Mina ftw!

KOF 98 Ultimate Match will also be coming out for the PS2 in December-- I'm really looking forward to this one, especially with all the changes they're making. Of course, these are Japanese releases I'm talking about. Also, I can't wait until they reveal some screens for KOF XII. Apparently the sprites are going to be redone from ground up. Ooooh yeah!

[quote name='Chacrana']They're supposedly in the process of making a Samsho collection, but it's not out in Japan yet or anything. Though, it'll be interesting to see if we get Samurai Shodown: Tenkaichi, which is the newest and arguably best one by far.[/QUOTE]
Tenkaichi is in the collection

[quote name='62t']Tenkaichi is in the collection[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they will include SamSho 5 Special in the collection too. I think we're still missing a 100% uncensored US release.

I picked up KOF 2006 for cheap today, just to sate some of the desire I have for an SNK game, and while it is fun, it's just not the same. I can't wait!

I can't pass on Battle Colliseum.
Have the SS 1-4 mvs carts, yes they need to release samurai shodown 5 special. Mayby pack it with the 2 hyper 64 SS games. If that wouldnt sell, I don't know what would.

I ordered both games along with Red Star, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1, and the PSP component cable. Used a $25 gift certificate I had and got all 5 things for $60 shipped. Woot!

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I can't pass on Battle Colliseum.
Have the SS 1-4 mvs carts, yes they need to release samurai shodown 5 special. Mayby pack it with the 2 hyper 64 SS games. If that wouldnt sell, I don't know what would.[/quote]

Actually they should release Samurai Showdown Tenka, though i doubt they will :/

There's a legitimate amount of translating to be done in Samsho Tenka, so yeah, it might not come out here. SNK is a lazy fuck.

I just got in on this thanks!

My invoice says both games will be shipped together on October 29th, while KOF is listed for release on Oct. 2nd. Anyone know how to get around that?

If EBGames.com is to be believed, the MSRP is $20. Since I'm buying these at launch no matter what since I'm a decent human being, I'll buy 'em from Amazon and save $10. I was just gonna wait for the release date but... eh... no.

[quote name='addicted2games']I ordered both games along with Red Star, Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1, and the PSP component cable. Used a $25 gift certificate I had and got all 5 things for $60 shipped. Woot![/quote]

All through amazon?
Nice deal

This is a noob question, but are there any multiplayer modes other than vs., and team vs. in KOFXI or NGBC? I'm talking about something like Dramatic Battle from Street Fighter Alpha 3, where two players can team up to fight a tough CPU or third player, or where 2nd player can control your tag-team partner, like in the original Marvel vs. Capcom.

[quote name='buterbals']Hopefully that eventually makes it to the US. I really enjoyed World Heroes 1 and 2 back when they were in the arcade.[/QUOTE]

Jet and Perfect were much better imo. I wish they would redo the sprites for WH and bring out a sequel.

I also liked Waku Waku 7, but it needed more characters.

[quote name='LiK']o man, i would love to replay an arcade perfect port of Samurai Shodown 2...[/QUOTE]

GameTap has this as well as 1, 3, 4, 5 and they're online playable.

bread's done
Back