King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum-$15 or less

sprintsucks5892

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Did a search and didn't see this posted.
Amazon has King of Fighter XI and Neo Geo Battle Colliseum for $15 each, which is a little cheaper than EBgames. And they're both eligible for free shipping with orders over $25.
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-King-of-Fighters-XI/dp/B000V7889C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/SNK-NeoGeo-Battle-Coliseum/dp/B000V788A6/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b/104-6383262-3671966?ie=UTF8&qid=1189876050&sr=1-1

If you're only buying one (Or you don't want to have to wait for both to come out), Family Video might be the better route. Price of both is still $15, but shipping is only $.99.
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278296
http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=278298
Coupons codes for FV:
$5 off (new customers only): NEWMEM5F
$3 off (existing customers): NEWMEM3F

[quote name='opportunity777']Jet and Perfect were much better imo. I wish they would redo the sprites for WH and bring out a sequel.

I also liked Waku Waku 7, but it needed more characters.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! They used to have Jet at the local roller rink when I was a kid. I remember grade school functions there, me and my friends would spend more time playing that and SF2 than skating. ahhh, good times.

[quote name='brendan424']any idea if these will have edited animations like so many of the other USA SNK Releases? Jiggletastic or not?[/QUOTE]
The last few SNK games have been edit free. I know the jiggle was there in all its glory in KOF'03.

Fire Pro is the best game listed on that front page deal. If you miss out on it, your loss.

Making my brother order it since I don't own a PS2.

EBgames is overpricing them at $20. They did the same thing with the fatal fury collection. MSRP is 14.99. You should in theory be able to get it for that at some other local retailer.

[quote name='depascal22']I guess fighting games aren't dead yet. I hope everyone picks up a copy to support SNKP USA.[/quote]

Fighting games never dies, as long as old school gamers like us are still around lol

It's up to us to pass down our fighting game tradition to the kids who are still hooked on Pokemons =P

I found KOF on deepdiscount but the others aren't there yet apparently.

Amazon ships quicker to me anyways.

[quote name='Francis']I found KOF on deepdiscount but the others aren't there yet apparently.

Amazon ships quicker to me anyways.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Deepdiscount has some great prices but you really "pay" for the free shipping. Har har har.

[quote name='Francis']I found KOF on deepdiscount but the others aren't there yet apparently.

Amazon ships quicker to me anyways.[/quote]

agreed, free shipping with DD takes like 2 weeks to arrive for me

[quote name='brendan424']Ah, excellent, I remember I picked up 2000/2001 and it pissed me off to no end. Just played on mame instead after that.[/QUOTE]
Haha, same here...it wasn't a huge deal if you think about it, but I still couldn't get over the fact that they edited Mai's boob bouncing animation. I ended up selling the US 2000/2001 pack and picked up the NESTS collection instead. After 98 Ultimate match comes out, I'll own all of the 2D KOF's with the exception of 94 Rebout for PS2...still gotta pick that up (sold my copy a couple years back).

I'd been looking to try out the King of Fighters series and i'm tempted to get XI. The thing is, i'm already big into Dead or Alive 4 and I have the Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 coming. I dunno if I have room for another fighter. Is this game playable online?

is neo geo battle any good? I might get just because of the characters from samurai showdown...

is this game similar to marvel vs capcom? does someone have a list of characters from this game?

[quote name='VWarrior']I'd been looking to try out the King of Fighters series and i'm tempted to get XI. The thing is, i'm already big into Dead or Alive 4 and I have the Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 coming. I dunno if I have room for another fighter. Is this game playable online?[/quote]
I doubt it. They would most likely remove the online modes that the Japanese versions have. Which sucks considering you can literally count on one hand how many online fighting games the PS2 has in the US. Anyways, I wonder if other B&M stores will carry these two games at $14.99. Gamestop/EB Games want $5 dollars more for some strange reason and I hoping that Best Buy or some other B&M store will have these game at launch.

For the complete roster for NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NeoGeo_Battle_Coliseum

For the complete roster for King of Fighters XI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters_XI

[quote name='oasisboy']is neo geo battle any good? I might get just because of the characters from samurai showdown...

is this game similar to marvel vs capcom? does someone have a list of characters from this game?[/QUOTE]

It's not very similar to MVC, outside of the tag aspect and the whole "ZOMG A BUNCH O SNK CHARACTERS!!!" factor. It's slower paced, but still very fast... I'd say that if you've seen KOF 2003 in action, it's sorta that speed. Though it's a much better game.

And yeah, having Last Blade characters, Samsho characters, frickin' Marco from Metal Slug, and TERRY BOGARD in one game is worth something. So... yeah.

As for the person who said they think they might have too many fighting games on their plate. Clear dat plate off. Take that DOA 4 and pawn it. You won't want it after you play VF5. At least, after playing a real 3D fighter online, I can't stand DOA anymore. And it's $15, c'mon. You should at least get that much from selling DOA 4.

Do it.

I was also tempted into getting the Fire Pro Wrestling game, but Im not so familiar with it. Hows the gameplay? Ive seen some screen shots and looks to be in 2-D, is that the case?

I haven't played too much King of Fighters, as I'm more of a Capcom kind of guy. But I figure this would be a good place to start, since I see a lot of our resident fighting game enthusiasts supporting both games.

Ordered both NeoGeo Coliseum and KoFXI.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']What's that Fire Pro Wrestling like? I don't like wrestling games. Would I still enjoy it?[/QUOTE]

Fire Pro is a wrestling game that is heavily based on timing and skill. There are no buttons to mash. The grappling system is easy to learn (fighters grapple automatically when they touch) but it is difficult to master. When you get it you are able to pull of some ridiculously cool stuff. The striking is tough to get down but also fun and effective once you learn the angles of attack. I do not like wrestling games either but I love Fire Pro. Its got a ton of depth, the most moves I have ever seen as well as a great character customizer. It gets my highest recommendation, especially at $15.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's not very similar to MVC, outside of the tag aspect and the whole "ZOMG A BUNCH O SNK CHARACTERS!!!" factor. It's slower paced, but still very fast... I'd say that if you've seen KOF 2003 in action, it's sorta that speed. Though it's a much better game.

And yeah, having Last Blade characters, Samsho characters, frickin' Marco from Metal Slug, and TERRY BOGARD in one game is worth something. So... yeah.

As for the person who said they think they might have too many fighting games on their plate. Clear dat plate off. Take that DOA 4 and pawn it. You won't want it after you play VF5. At least, after playing a real 3D fighter online, I can't stand DOA anymore. And it's $15, c'mon. You should at least get that much from selling DOA 4.

Do it.[/quote]

lol. Well I still have fun with Dead or Alive 4, but I know Virtua Fighter 5 will consume me once I get it. I played the PS3 version already and i'm waiting for the 360 version for the Xbox Live support. The lack of online support for The King of Fighters XI is a con for me, but like I said, i've been looking to try the series out after reading about the history of SNK(Playmore) and the history of the series itself. $15? Why not. I'll preorder it.

I've been wanting to try out Fire Pro Returns for a while, I almost imported it but I'm glad its coming out here. I'm preordered all three titles because while these are coming out at a reduced price I doubt that they will get more than the initial print run. Hopefully, Amazon will be good about these preorders because they totally botched my Guilty Gear XX Accent Core preorder. I had to end up buy only one of two copies my local Gamestop got in. If Ebgames/Gamestop lowers their price to $14.99 I will probably preorder from them because they are more reliable than Amazon at fulfulling the preorders at a reasonable time.

I just looked at my friggin' collection and saw that I had no other fighters except for DBZ Budokai 3...

I'm gonna get all three, I'm not sure if I will preorder them because I'm afraid that I'll forget about preordering them all. I'm gonna preorder KOF XI

Nice deal - both for 30 bucks, not bad for some solid fighters.

By the way, is there any news of any Last Blade compliation? Is there no love for last blade anymore? *sob*

[quote name='MadFlava']I've been wanting to try out Fire Pro Returns for a while, I almost imported it but I'm glad its coming out here. I'm preordered all three titles because while these are coming out at a reduced price I doubt that they will get more than the initial print run. Hopefully, Amazon will be good about these preorders because they totally botched my Guilty Gear XX Accent Core preorder. I had to end up buy only one of two copies my local Gamestop got in. If Ebgames/Gamestop lowers their price to $14.99 I will probably preorder from them because they are more reliable than Amazon at fulfulling the preorders at a reasonable time.[/quote]

I'm pre-ordering from Amazon for the first time, because GS/EB is not pre-selling these in stores. For the last 2 SNK Playmore releases, I ordered through Family Video because GS/EB was charging $5 more than MSRP and the stores did not get the games in until a week after the official release.

I joined Prime for a trial to get free 2 day shipping. I'll cancel my free trial as soon as KoF XI ships.

The problem is that GS doesn't take preorders for games $20 or less. The only exceptions are the few really popular titles at that price point. Brain Age for example. It really sucks since that means they don't bother shipping the game until like a week later. Pisses me off.

Ima wait to see how Fire Pro is. Haven't seen gameplay vids or anything... just know it's supposed to be hella Jap, but that's not enough to sell me a game. Still, $15 makes it easier to decide.

Out of them all, KoFXI is probably worth it more in terms of gameplay, but if you just like SNK games and just want random fun go with NGBC. I'll be getting both but at B&M probably.

[quote name='Kyo']By the way, is there any news of any Last Blade compliation? Is there no love for last blade anymore? *sob*[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about a US release? Because they already released a Last Blade collection...in Japan.

damn you OP :bomb: more money gone:hot: but really this is a good deal if your a snk fan so guys jump on this while you can i did:applause:

i like NGBC. ill will also rebuy the US Ver. I may buy both of them..because KOF XI is damn right good.

if you like fighting games and SNK this is what to buy as a combo.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Are you talking about a US release? Because they already released a Last Blade collection...in Japan.[/quote] Eh, I didn't realized that had one already released in japan. A U.S. release would be nice though ...

So I am trying to decide if I should sell my import copies of KOF XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. You guys think it's worth it to try to sell them on ebay or something or just keep them? Anyone know around how much I can get for them?

[quote name='DomLando']So I am trying to decide if I should sell my import copies of KOF XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. You guys think it's worth it to try to sell them on ebay or something or just keep them? Anyone know around how much I can get for them?[/quote]

any major differences? i would prefer to keep the originals if you're happy with them.

[quote name='LiK']any major differences? i would prefer to keep the originals if you're happy with them.[/quote]

I think the only major differences so far is that it is in English and the online modes have been removed. I hope they fixed the loading times that plauged the Japanese, European, and Australian releases of both games.

Woot nice. About damn time they finally bring it over. Now I can replace my "downloaded" version with legit ones

[quote name='RustyOrgan']All for $60 shipped!
King of Fighters XI
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Art of Fighting Anthology
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1[/QUOTE]

You could also not buy Art of Fighting and enjoy your $15 more by burning it.

bread's done
Back