King of Fighters SNK Mai Shiranui E3 exclusive Poster signed by Falcoon

tomoyochan

CAGiversary!
This Mai Shiranui KOF Maximum Impact Poster is from E3 2005. It is limited edition and was available from the SNK booth for the 2 hour Falcoon signing only. It is signed by the SNK artist and character designer Falcoon. My boyfriend has this poster on his wall and it looks great. This is actually my poster. I have kept it in good condition. The auction starts at $1 for this poster. I think Mai is my favorite KOF character:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&item=110017004810

mai1.jpg

[quote name='SMMM']Problem here is that it doesn't look like Mai at all...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did I miss a game where she looked like this? Or is this the way she is appearing in an upcoming game?

Highly doubtful unless its a new 3D game, considering it must bring about armageddon if SNK and Capcom were to actually update their sprites. :shame:

Awesome poster regardless.

[quote name='v0yce']Yeah, did I miss a game where she looked like this? Or is this the way she is appearing in an upcoming game?

Highly doubtful unless its a new 3D game, considering it must bring about armageddon if SNK and Capcom were to actually update their sprites. :shame:

Awesome poster regardless.[/quote] The problem here is that there are folk who haven't touched or even heard of Maximum Impact. That is one of her alternate costumes. You can see it on pages 5, 6 and onwards in some of the screenshots.

SNK chracters actually grow and age over time. It's part of what makes the series great.

Can't wait for this title to arrive on our shores.
I would so totally frame that poster if I had it.

[quote name='Pijaibros']The problem here is that there are folk who haven't touched or even heard of Maximum Impact. That is one of her alternate costumes. You can see it on pages 5, 6 and onwards in some of the screenshots.

SNK chracters actually grow and age over time. It's part of what makes the series great.

Can't wait for this title to arrive on our shores. I would so totally frame that poster if I had it.[/QUOTE]

That's not just an "alt costume". That's like an entirely different person. Maybe Mai if she were 25 years younger.

And that "grow and age over time" is bullshit for the most part. I'm a huge SNK fan and I love em, but that's bullshit. For over 10 years now, Yuri still thinks she's in her teens, Mai should be in her 40s, Iori's wearing the same pants since '95, ectect..

The only ones that have changed appearance are Kyo, Terry, Chang and Choi, and especially Athena. Athena has a new costume and hair style every year, and I would've loved to see that with all the characters (or at least SOMETHING to distinguish themselves from the previous year). Also, the MI games and the alt costumes are certainly NON-CANON. The Mai in the poster is an "alternate interpertation" of Mai by Falcoon, which I think is crap because she looks like a little girl....

[quote name='SMMM']That's not just an "alt costume". That's like an entirely different person. Maybe Mai if she were 25 years younger.

And that "grow and age over time" is bullshit for the most part. I'm a huge SNK fan and I love em, but that's bullshit. For over 10 years now, Yuri still thinks she's in her teens, Mai should be in her 40s, Iori's wearing the same pants since '95, ectect..

The only ones that have changed appearance are Kyo, Terry, Chang and Choi, and especially Athena. Athena has a new costume and hair style every year, and I would've loved to see that with all the characters (or at least SOMETHING to distinguish themselves from the previous year). Also, the MI games and the alt costumes are certainly NON-CANON. The Mai in the poster is an "alternate interpertation" of Mai by Falcoon, which I think is crap because she looks like a little girl....[/quote]

Falcoon is a SNK designer who tends to go outside the lines. Its just an interpretation, nothing more... no secret costume or anything else. Just a drawing of his idea of what she should look like... he does that alot.

Here's another version of Mai he's done

falcoon_mai.jpg

Its his thing.

Also, the person who said "grow and age over time" - you're retarded. lol

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Falcoon is a SNK designer who tends to go outside the lines. Its just an interpretation, nothing more... no secret costume or anything else. Just a drawing of his idea of what she should look like... he does that alot.

Here's another version of Mai he's done

falcoon_mai.jpg

Its his thing.

Also, the person who said "grow and age over time" - you're retarded. lol[/QUOTE]

That at least bears some resemblance to Mai.

And as for the "grow and age" thing. I think Capcom actually did that better with Street Fighter...case in point,

growwo9.jpg

[quote name='SMMM']That at least bears some resemblance to Mai.

And as for the "grow and age" thing. I think Capcom actually did that better with Street Fighter...case in point,

growwo9.jpg
[/quote]

I was gonna say Capcom too, but I wanted to back that up... good pic!

I think Falcoon is God, but SNK fighters are just generic Capcom fighters. I havent seen them do a decent fighter since King of Fighters '97.

Metal Slug is awesome though.

I think all in all... in the end - A LOT of creativity seems to be sucked out of gaming in general... but SNK, SEGA and now Capcom seem to getting it really bad these days.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I was gonna say Capcom too, but I wanted to back that up... good pic!

I think Falcoon is God, but SNK fighters are just generic Capcom fighters. I havent seen them do a decent fighter since King of Fighters '97.

Metal Slug is awesome though.

I think all in all... in the end - A LOT of creativity seems to be sucked out of gaming in general... but SNK, SEGA and now Capcom seem to getting it really bad these days.[/QUOTE]

garou: mark of the wolves, KOF 98, KOF 02, KOF XI, the last blade 2 ...

edit: I have the other poster to this set, and it's quite awesome. the pose is basically the same, and the only thing different s the hair and the outfit. it's more like the original.

Finally someone on my side.

What I mean in that "the characters get older", is that in every iteration of the series, new characters are added and dropped for the roster. This usually entails an entry into "canon" detailing why they left. Also things in the system are dropped and added and then tweaked to what they deem to work for the next update (strikers, tag mode, remember). New background and, completely new soundtracks.

I don't understand how you can still say characters have not aged. Athena gets new outfits with every update, Kyo and some others have their moves change to where eventually become a completely new character down the line. While the sprites may keep the same look for several years, you cannot say that the series doesn't evolve through time.

Max Impact seems to be a natural evolution for what Fatal Fury tried to do way back when with its multiple plane fighting. I hated it back then, but here in 3d, it makes total sense.

If you are a "fighting enthusiast" things like that are hard to see since the most important thing in you world is balance and priorities. While 3rd Strike may be a fine game, the designs to have as much flair to them as those in the KOF universe.

I don't know, this game seems to just have an enthusiasm about it that gets me excited for it. They've tried a few things with the first one and now they get to do it again...with feeling.

fuck, who cares if that looks like Mai or not, that's an awesome poster--bump again for awesomeness! It's by Falcoon anyway--I'd get it just for that!

[quote name='tomoyochan']Since I'm a fan of cute things. I love my KOF and Street Fighter Pinky St figures:

Here is Mai and Athena
mai%20pinky.jpg
athena.jpg
[/QUOTE]

now those are niiice!!!

[quote name='SMMM']now those are niiice!!![/QUOTE]

I picked up one of those from animate while I was in akihabara. It was actually on sale for only $5 and they had a huge stack. I guess they made too many so you should be able to get it pretty cheaply.

[quote name='Zoglog']I picked up one of those from animate while I was in akihabara. It was actually on sale for only $5 and they had a huge stack. I guess they made too many so you should be able to get it pretty cheaply.[/QUOTE]

Any idea where online? I don't really plan on going to akihabara anytime soon. :lol:

be wary of hobby link japan. I've heard of some recent horror stories about their shipping methods. they used to be the best, but now... I'm not so sure.

[quote name='gigan54']be wary of hobby link japan. I've heard of some recent horror stories about their shipping methods. the used to be the best, but not... I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

I've never had problem with HLJ.

[quote name='integralsmatic']isnt that costume the artist drew of Mai in KOF Max Impact? I know because i i remember unlocking it.[/QUOTE]
you are correct. it's her alternate outfit. the alternate color/redisigns get better in the new kof 2006. almost every character cosplays as a different snk character. some memorable cosplays are:
iori as shen woo
iori as setsuna
kula as ash crimson
lily kane as snow white (albeit a bad one)
geese howard as mukai
soiree as benimaru

I buy about 90% of my toys from HLJ. There are horror stories because they will not ship the item unless you specify that you want them to ship the item right away. As soon as you order from them, go to your account and select "Ship available items and continue to wait for the others. " This will automatically mark in their system that you want them to ship that item as soon as it is available. Otherwise, even if it is available they may not ship it because you have other items that you ordered along with it that they do not have instock. To ensure that you do receive all of the items you order, you have to do this in your account everytime you order. I have made at least 10 orders with HLJ and have had no problems. Usually if you chose SAL as a shipping method, it takes about 4 weeks for delivery to the west coast.

I have also ordered from AnimeBooks.com and TMP, which are based in the US instead of Japan.

[quote name='tomoyochan']Since I'm a fan of cute things. I love my KOF and Street Fighter Pinky St figures:

Here is Mai and Athena
mai%20pinky.jpg
athena.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just picked these up today. They are awesome. :)

Might have to get the Chun-Li/Sakura ones later on. Any word on if they are making more figures?

bread's done
Back