Kingdom Hearts 2 LE strat guide.

Chrono72090

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
This thing is going to be $30 dollars and is supposedly "limited".

Anyone think this might be something good to pick up and sell on eBay?

Anyone know how limited it will be?

Anyone planning to pick it up :D?

I know they were pimping it hard at my local Gamestop B&M. A quick search at Gamestop.com shows that its not available in-store anywhere near me (West LA).

But, the website does claim it will ship within 24 hours if you order it from them, so its really a crapshoot.

I just got back from Best Buy and Toys R' Us. Definately not Limited. They say it's limited edition, but it's one of those things that still won't go for much money. Look at all the other Brady LE guides on eBay. Most are only going $20 tops.

It's awesome though, it's like an inch and a half thick, great artbook, and great coverage of the game. But I don't think it's worth $30.

Just checked the BradyGames site and it says:

Official guide: 352 pages
LE guide: 320 pages

Hopefully it's a misprint and they reversed the numbers.

So tempted to quote mykevermin for THE TRUTH...

Games should not be an investment. That is all.

/has no qualms about finding rare crap to sell to collectors so they don't have to get off their collective ass and look
//I want the Kingdom Hearts 2 LE guide, here's to hoping Walmart.com isn't blowing smoke

[quote name='mykevermin']Very few guides sell for a lot of money; Some FFVII one and the Lunars maybe.

Look into mutual funds instead.[/quote]

The funny thing is, I'm Jewish.

So like, mutual funds come naturally.

...And I have some >>;

[quote name='Chrono72090']The funny thing is, I'm Jewish.

...And I have some >>;[/QUOTE]

I'm (kind of) jewish...where do I pick up my mutual funds? ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']Very few guides sell for a lot of money; Some FFVII one and the Lunars maybe.

Look into mutual funds instead.[/QUOTE]

Alot of RPG guides generally sell for twice the MSRP value... I can think of a ton off the top of my head where you can at least double what you paid. I doubt this will be one of them, since everyone is stocking tons of copies of it.

I got lucky, and someone helped me snag this for $12 shipped. Before you all start firing off the PM's, I can't help you out with it, sorry. Its funny, during that Bradygames 65% off sale, I snagged SC 3 LE for $10.50. The artbooks they put inside of these are pretty decent.

Yeah, I still have my Bradygames preorder waiting to ship this Friday. I went to Best Buy today though and picked up a white cover LE (tip the guide so you can see the binding inside), just incase the copy I get shipped isn't one I want...

Definately not limited. Stores stopped even preordering guides because we were told every store would have plenty. We're getting 30+ LE guides and we barely sell 1 guide a month.

[quote name='Chrono72090']The funny thing is, I'm Jewish.

...And I have some >>;[/quote]

I've have sex with a few jewish princesses and my credit score is skyrocketing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Barnes and Noble has this for $20.99 -

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0744006244&itm=5[/QUOTE]

Do you know if thats only online though? Alot of times B&N online prices are different then instore, offline things usually cost standard prices...especially video game guides.

Also what is in this guide? Someone mentioned art, but is there anything else? I mean if its just a few extra pages of art who cares. But if this was anything like the FFX-2 guide it would deffintly be worth picking up.

There were around 60 preorders for the guide alone at my store. I never understand why someone would pay $30 for a guide...

[quote name='MSI Magus']Do you know if thats only online though? Alot of times B&N online prices are different then instore, offline things usually cost standard prices...especially video game guides.

Also what is in this guide? Someone mentioned art, but is there anything else? I mean if its just a few extra pages of art who cares. But if this was anything like the FFX-2 guide it would deffintly be worth picking up.[/QUOTE]

You get the KH2 guide w/ 1 of 4 special covers and you get a art/sticker book called Jiminy's Journal that's about 1/4 - 1/3 the size of the guide...

[quote name='vietgurl']There were around 60 preorders for the guide alone at my store. I never understand why someone would pay $30 for a guide...[/QUOTE]

Holy Christmas. The clerk at my GS claimed that just this past year, the best-selling game guide was KH. I was skeptical of that claim (especially considering its been out for 2+ years). But, considering what you're saying here, I dunno about that anymore. Perhaps he wasn't lying.

[quote name='Starky27']You get the KH2 guide w/ 1 of 4 special covers and you get a art/sticker book called Jiminy's Journal that's about 1/4 - 1/3 the size of the guide...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm not too bad. Thanks for the info. I think that barnes and nobles has a policy that if you spend $25 or more the S&H is free...ill just pick up a book with my order or something I guess.

I was a GS today to return the new Shadow Hearts and saw a couple of them on the counter. They looked nice and professional.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I was a GS today to return the new Shadow Hearts and saw a couple of them on the counter. They looked nice and professional.[/quote]

why'd you return the new SH?

[quote name='swetooth9']why'd you return the new SH?[/QUOTE]

Because it is a piece of shit compared to the first two games in the series?

(I played through the import and was so appalled that I refuse to buy the US version until there is a $20 or less price point. Meanwhile, I tend to rebuy most games I import the second they come out in the US for full price.)

Basically useless if you cant understand/read japanese. Sure you can get through the game but following the story is a little different.

[quote name='swetooth9']why'd you return the new SH?[/QUOTE]

B/C I didn't get Shadow Hearts I as a pre-order bonus. I'll wait till it gets a price drop. I got Suikoden V to take it's place. That is, if Outpost.com ever decides to ship it...

bread's done
Back