Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition $54.99 @ TRU

I wasn't going to buy this, but I caved, 20 left on Amazon.

It's pretty remarkable how quickly they've sold through these since it was posted.

Got a back-ordered notice just a few hours ago. Cancelling, and I'm just going to get the regular version from Best Buy using some credit.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I regret not pre-ordering this when Newegg had the $10 off promo on pre-orders over $39.99

:([/QUOTE]

Why didn't you?! I pre-ordered it back around June 30th from Newegg with the $10 off coupon because I knew it would sell out (ITS FLIPPING KH!). My ex loved these games specifically because they were Disney oriented, and she hated video games in general.

My order already shipped yesterday and interestingly enough, Newegg sold out awhile go and they deactivated it from their system in general.

Just a heads up for anyone that ordered on Amazon, I'm starting to see reports of people receiving damaged games already. Apparently the outer box is fairly sturdy, but still can get dented and banged up in Amazon's standard packaging. I think I may have to switch to the local GS for all my CE games going forward as by the time I get my game and decide it has to go back for damage, Amazon is sold out and so is everyone else.

Newegg and Amazon being restocked tells me one thing: buy this if you want the bonuses, but not for rarity. They produced thousands and it's not even being labeled as "limited".

[quote name='Drclaw411']Newegg and Amazon being restocked tells me one thing: buy this if you want the bonuses, but not for rarity. They produced thousands and it's not even being labeled as "limited".[/QUOTE]

Or it could be from unfulfilled pre-orders.
You know, people who couldn't pay. Because these thing came back in stock right when they started charging CC and shipping out the pre-orders

[quote name='bojay1997']Just a heads up for anyone that ordered on Amazon, I'm starting to see reports of people receiving damaged games already. Apparently the outer box is fairly sturdy, but still can get dented and banged up in Amazon's standard packaging. I think I may have to switch to the local GS for all my CE games going forward as by the time I get my game and decide it has to go back for damage, Amazon is sold out and so is everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I was shocked to see my copy arrive in perfect condition. Definitely atypical given some of my past experiences with AZ.

It was packaged in a box with air packets, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='udryguy']Looks like on BestBuy.com they are available for shipping and all my local stores have a ship to store option as well.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered from Best Buy. Hopefully I don't get an email saying it is backordered :cry:

anyone order from amazon yesterday and has their order shipped? mine says shipping soon and gets here by friday...but I did 2 day prime shipping.

I already ordered mine from amazon yesterday with delivery tomorrow.

I dont see this edition becoming rare. I feel, just like the star wars old republic collectors edition, it's going to be hard to find for a few weeks and then it's going to be very easy to find in stores and online.

I ordered it for the nice case and art cards but I feel people looking to sell copies on ebay are not going to get the amounts they want.

Sorry to all the CAG's that got screwed by TRU, but when is everyone going to learn if you want a guaranteed CE day 1 you have to go to GS for in-store or AZ/NE for online orders? How many BB/TRU stories does one have to hear?

[quote name='Drclaw411']lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxuHMXMokA&feature=related[/QUOTE]

Man, where is this guy? I would gladly give up my copy for $200, a PS3, a 360, a Wii and his pants with his debit card.:rofl:

[quote name='Drclaw411']Newegg and Amazon being restocked tells me one thing: buy this if you want the bonuses, but not for rarity. They produced thousands and it's not even being labeled as "limited".[/QUOTE]

The Skyward Sword Bundle came back in stock 2-3 times, each time with 1000+ units and when it sold out a few days later, it continued to hold it's value well.

It might not be flip worth in the short run but you never know what will happen in the long run.

[quote name='francobash']Just picked up my pre-ordered copy from Gamestop and it only rung up at 39.99.[/QUOTE]
Someone must've fucked up...congrats!

[quote name='francobash']Just picked up my pre-ordered copy from Gamestop and it only rung up at 39.99.[/QUOTE]

be nice to know if this was a bug in the system.. wouldnt mind running out and trying to find one for 40

[quote name='slidecage']be nice to know if this was a bug in the system.. wouldnt mind running out and trying to find one for 40[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, sounds like an incompetent employee.

Shows up on the receipt as Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD CE Mark 39.99 #170576 017/000, so it appears that that prrice is what they have it for in the system. Purchased in AZ.

[quote name='francobash']Shows up on the receipt as Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD CE Mark 39.99 #170576 017/000, so it appears that that prrice is what they have it for in the system. Purchased in AZ.[/QUOTE]

Well, now that changes everything.

Checked by my local GS and Best Buy today. BB only had the regular edition. GS had 4 copies of the CE, but they were all held for reserves. The person working there said to check back on the weekend in case someone doesn't pick theirs up. Has anyone gone to a physical Toys R Us to see if they got this in stores?

[quote name='Gosha']Checked by my local GS and Best Buy today. BB only had the regular edition. GS had 4 copies of the CE, but they were all held for reserves. The person working there said to check back on the weekend in case someone doesn't pick theirs up. Has anyone gone to a physical Toys R Us to see if they got this in stores?[/QUOTE]

TRU is not carrying the CE in stores. Stores are only receiving 2 - 4 copies of the regular version.

[quote name='francobash']Shows up on the receipt as Kingdom Hearts 3D DDD CE Mark 39.99 #170576 017/000, so it appears that that prrice is what they have it for in the system. Purchased in AZ.[/QUOTE]Aw, crap. At least I'm getting a $10 code for picking up my DDD CE in-store from BBY; that alleviates my rage somewhat. :bomb:

Kinda pissed at AZ for this. I'm not expecting same day delivery for only $5 shipping but I would expect them to at least start shipping it the same week it's released. I've had this reserved since March but apparently I'm not getting it delivered until August 13th.

Why the fuck am I even choosing Amazon if they keep doing this?

[quote name='Vigilante']Aw, crap. At least I'm getting a $10 code for picking up my DDD CE in-store from BBY; that alleviates my rage somewhat. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I was excited about this too, till I went to pick my BB order & found a badly crushed box.
Looks like thats the only one they got or so the whining lady at CS said.
I didn't pick it

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I was excited about this too, till I went to pick my BB order & found a badly crushed box.
Looks like thats the only one they got or so the whining lady at CS said.
I didn't pick it[/QUOTE]Sorry to hear that. My copy was (and still is) in impeccable condition--no marks or bends to speak of. :bouncy:

I'm probably the only person on earth celebrating the release of a new KH by playing its predecessor for the first time (Birth by Sleep), so I'll be leaving my MoM Edition sealed for the time being. :oops:

My Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition has been listed as Out For Delivery since 8:21 A.M. It is 9:54 P.M. and it is still listed as Out For Delivery . I was at home all day. I ordered from Amazon. The guide is only $12.49 if you have prime.

Edit: My package was delivered at 9:23 P.M. , but they delivered it to my sister's house instead of my house. My guide is listed as shipping soon. It should be here Thursday.

My MoM edition arrived from UPS at 6:00 pm CST today, in excellent condition. Ordered last week on Amazon after cancelling my pre-order from Fry's Electronics' website :cool:

For those that have the game currently. Does the game have more than one save slot available? Still waiting for my copy to be delivered from newegg.

Just picked a normal copy of KH: 3D. It came with the 'pre-order exclusive' cards. They packaged them inside the box. Some copies don't have them, but most of the copies I saw did. The copies with cards have a sticker on the front that say something like 'includes exclusive cards'. So I guess pre-ordering just guarantees that you get a copy that comes with cards. They didn't have any Mark of Mastery Editions- but they did have loads of the standard edition.

[quote name='htz']For those that have the game currently. Does the game have more than one save slot available? Still waiting for my copy to be delivered from newegg.[/QUOTE]

It has two. Better than one, but not great.

[quote name='Tygamr']Just picked a normal copy of KH: 3D. It came with the 'pre-order exclusive' cards. They packaged them inside the box. Some copies don't have them, but most of the copies I saw did. The copies with cards have a sticker on the front that say something like 'includes exclusive cards'. So I guess pre-ordering just guarantees that you get a copy that comes with cards. They didn't have any Mark of Mastery Editions- but they did have loads of the standard edition.
[/QUOTE]

Did GS give out some exclusive AR cards that were different than those in the CE?

And I love how the game just came out but fans are already plastering every site with "OMG best game ever" and "Fap Fap Fap 10/10" reviews.

[quote name='Vinny']Did GS give out some exclusive AR cards that were different than those in the CE?

And I love how the game just came out but fans are already plastering every site with "OMG best game ever" and "Fap Fap Fap 10/10" reviews.[/QUOTE]

Nope, same 3 anywhere for non MoM copies. Other 2 are MoM exclusive (Well, technically not even that since you can just get em on the internet :))

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nope, same 3 anywhere for non MoM copies. Other 2 are MoM exclusive (Well, technically not even that since you can just get em on the internet :))[/QUOTE]

You can get phyiscal copies on the internetzz?

[quote name='Tygamr']
It has two. Better than one, but not great.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, am glad it has 2 so I can share the game with my cousin. Told him I would buy Dream Drop while he picks up the tab on NSMB2 next month. :)
[quote name='GBAstar']You can get phyiscal copies on the internetzz?[/QUOTE]
No, but you can most likely find AR card scans on the internet just like the kid icarus AR cards. The 3DS camera will pick them up just fine. Hence why I didn't buy the MoM edition, since I have no use for the art cards or the plastic case(already have a nice 3ds case), plus $10 off at newegg coupon from back in May.

[quote name='htz']No, but you can most likely find AR card scans on the internet just like the kid icarus AR cards. The 3DS camera will pick them up just fine. Hence why I didn't buy the MoM edition, since I have no use for the art cards or the plastic case(already have a nice 3ds case), plus $10 off at newegg coupon from back in May.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. I had the MoM version on pre-order until the Newegg sale. I figured I'd just grab the cards online and save myself a few bucks.

For those of you who ordered from Newegg: they shipped these in bubble mailers. The inner box is luckily fairly solid but the corners of mine were still noticeably dented.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Nope, same 3 anywhere for non MoM copies. Other 2 are MoM exclusive (Well, technically not even that since you can just get em on the internet :))[/QUOTE]

Good to know.

[quote name='Vinny']For those of you who ordered from Newegg: they shipped these in bubble mailers. The inner box is luckily fairly solid but the corners of mine were still noticeably dented.
[/QUOTE]

Mine (from Newegg) came in a box and was in mint condition

bread's done
Back