Kingdoms of Amalur $40, Battlefield 3 $37, Lego Pirates $14 & more @Amazon

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
meh, pretty lame sales. Amalurs the only half decent sale but I think I'll wait for at least 29.99 or even more around 19.99 before I bite. With the developer shutting down and firing all its staff im guessing it will drop in price pretty soon. I like how they considered 1.3 million copies a failure. Expecting a brand new franchise to sell over 3 million copies is insane. If they really needed to hit that to 'break even' then they were doomed from the start

I do like that the Balls of steel edition of Duke is only 20 bucks now. Im tempted to buy the damn thing but i got the game itself for 5 bucks so it seems like a waste.

[quote name='destroyu68']Is Street fighter x tekken speical edition for 40 bucks a good deal?[/QUOTE]

considering that in a few months they'll probably announce super SFXTekken then 6 months later ultra super SF X Tekken, I would say no. Capcom always puts out a few updated versions that make the original worthless. Unless you really want the swag with it, I would pass

Hmm, i think i'll grab FIFA 2012
smile.gif

[quote name='Kenshindono']considering that in a few months they'll probably announce super SFXTekken then 6 months later ultra super SF X Tekken, I would say no. Capcom always puts out a few updated versions that make the original worthless. Unless you really want the swag with it, I would pass[/QUOTE]

No, they did disc locked content this time. The "ultra edition" content is already on the disc, you just have to pay to unlock it later this year.

I have the game, it's probably not worth 40 unless you are a die hard Street Fighter fan. Wait for 20 or 25 and use the extra money to buy the DLC...

Btw, for those who didn't know:
The makers of Kingdoms of Amalur went under and no PC patches will be released again, officially.
Buy at your discretion.

How's Kingdoms of Amalur on the PS3? Does it need a patch like the PC version?

I can't believe FIFA 12 is $40 with FIFA 13 just 3 months away.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, how remote at this point are the chances of a bundle edition of Amalur with the two DLCs?[/QUOTE]

At this point, I'd say zero

[quote name='Investor']How's Kingdoms of Amalur on the PS3? Does it need a patch like the PC version?

I can't believe FIFA 12 is $40 with FIFA 13 just 3 months away.[/QUOTE]

I read an article regarding patches on the Amalur. All the versions needed a patch. It wasn't anything crucial, but it was gong to fix bugs, textures and a few glitches. The PC patch was scheduled first but then the company went belly up. They didn't pay their state loans....

[quote name='Kenshindono']considering that in a few months they'll probably announce super SFXTekken then 6 months later ultra super SF X Tekken, I would say no. Capcom always puts out a few updated versions that make the original worthless. Unless you really want the swag with it, I would pass[/QUOTE]

Capcom CANNOT do that for this game b/c the agreement with Namco is each company only gets to do 1 disc release of their respective games. It's unknown if it makes Greatest Hits if that is an exception, but since the sales have fallen off a cliff since March I doubt that it reaches that point.

To the person that asked the question, no don't get the CE. You can buy SF x Tekken vanilla for $40 at WM and I'm sure it will drop more this summer. You can't play the game online/post patch right now (unless you don't use Rolento) as his knife attacks when they collide with an opponent's projectile lock up the game.

Also with the 10 character DLC this fall at probably $20 I would just wait. Or get the 25th Anniversary SF collection that comes with a crapton of stuff, including SF x Tekken and all DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, how remote at this point are the chances of a bundle edition of Amalur with the two DLCs?[/QUOTE]

About the same as Dragon Age 2 getting an Ultimate Edition, slim and none.

[quote name='Investor']How's Kingdoms of Amalur on the PS3? Does it need a patch like the PC version?

I can't believe FIFA 12 is $40 with FIFA 13 just 3 months away.[/QUOTE]

In terms of consoles, PS3 Amalur is better than 360, especially if you don't have room to install the game. All the review copies of the game were PS3 if that tells you anything.

FIFA and NHL series hold their value more than other sports series b/c in America they sell fewer copies and the people that buy them don't trade them in until the new version is out. See how NHL/FIFA 11 sell used for around $25 still.

[quote name='MSUHitman']

In terms of consoles, PS3 Amalur is better than 360, especially if you don't have room to install the game. All the review copies of the game were PS3 if that tells you anything.

[/QUOTE]

How does that mess with this comparison?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kingdoms-of-amalur-face-off

(Or is this just another case of that particular author's well known Microsoft bias seeping through? Note that I own both consoles and don't care which one I buy this game for. I just want advice on which version to get)

[quote name='JanusZeal2']How does that mess with this comparison?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kingdoms-of-amalur-face-off

(Or is this just another case of that particular author's well known Microsoft bias seeping through? Note that I own both consoles and don't care which one I buy this game for. I just want advice on which version to get)[/QUOTE]

Every review I'd read on the game has said PS3 was the superior version on console. I guess there's a lot of reviewers that go it wrong then.

anyone think blazblue CE will hit 29.99? I want to snag iut but i noticed the ps3 version was already 40 bucks for a while now. I want to wait but dont want it selling out or going back up

Its been said before, but must be noted - dont buy Amalur for $40. The studio is done for, and considering the makers wont benefit from sales anymore, this game's price will drop to the floor, quickly.

Source: every single game ever thats been in this same position.

Youre welcome.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Its been said before, but must be noted - dont buy Amalur for $40. The studio is done for, and considering the makers wont benefit from sales anymore, this game's price will drop to the floor, quickly.

Source: every single game ever thats been in this same position.

Youre welcome.[/QUOTE]

what about the DLC on the X360? should we get it now? my fear is that MS might discontinue the DLC for the very same reason.

Yeah I'll wait for Amalur to fall to $15-$20 range, thats really all it seemed worth to me based on the demo anyway.

LEGO Pirates at $14.99 is really tempting me, and I do have Amazon credit...

Amalur is a great game from the reviews, but I'm going to wait until under 20 as well. 38 Studios needed to sell 3 million to break even and "only" sold 1 million. Meaning there's a ton of copies just sitting there.

Tempted on Fate/Extra, but my other Aksys games are telling me it can go lower lol

That Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition looks pretty tempting at $29.99. Thoughts/opinions?

I also second waiting to buy Amalur. Now that 38 Studios is gone, it's just a matter of time before a retailer "bites-the-bullet" and does a fire sale on their stock. Wouldn't be surprised to see it at $20 in a matter of weeks.

to those talking about Amular. Like Eurogamer says pick your poison. The PS3 runs a bit smoother, with the 360 dropping frames and stuff when the action gets heavy. They also look different. The PS3 looks a bit sharper at the cost of some aliasing. While the 360 is a bit softer AND has motion blur added. Some people like that others dont. Thats the summary of it, pick the one you like more. I'll probably get the ps3 version when i do simply because dropped frames bug me more than a bit of Aliasing.

Anyway, anyone know how long Blazblue CE has been 40 bucks for the PS3? Like i said im still wondering if i need to get it now or if I can wait for it to drop more

[quote name='lutz']Amalur is a great game from the reviews, but I'm going to wait until under 20 as well. 38 Studios needed to sell 3 million to break even and "only" sold 1 million. Meaning there's a ton of copies just sitting there.
[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. They never said they shipped 3 million copies. A price drop would be EA's call anyway.

[quote name='basis']what about the DLC on the X360? should we get it now? my fear is that MS might discontinue the DLC for the very same reason.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Microsoft will not only inform us beforehand if they decide to delist the DLC, but they will also most likely put them on sale for 400 at some point during an EA-based sale.

With that said: do NOT pass up the Dead Kel DLC. It was by far the best part of the game for me so far, most notably the Gravehal Keep portion. I'll only pick up Teeth Of Naros once it's on sale.

[quote name='golfing7861']Any cheaper deals on BF3? Thought it'd be cheaper by now, come on Amazon![/QUOTE]

I've seen both PC and console versions alike on sale constantly for $30...how low are you expecting it to go?

[quote name='Kerig']I'm sure Microsoft will not only inform us beforehand if they decide to delist the DLC, but they will also most likely put them on sale for 400 at some point during an EA-based sale.

With that said: do NOT pass up the Dead Kel DLC. It was by far the best part of the game for me so far, most notably the Gravehal Keep portion. I'll only pick up Teeth Of Naros once it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

you're being sarcastic there right? :) MS never informs when they intend to delist items from XBL. but thanks for sharing which is the better DLC. sigh, need to find moon points to grab them now.

They've been getting better with delistings. They even let us know about (realistic) avatar guns being delisted at the end of 2011 so we would have one last chance to get the gears of war lancer.

Even if MS doesn't announce it, the info will be available beforehand.
"Hey, where did xx game disappear to?" doesn't happen too often anymore.

[quote name='Kerig']They've been getting better with delistings. They even let us know about (realistic) avatar guns being delisted at the end of 2011 so we would have one last chance to get the gears of war lancer.

Even if MS doesn't announce it, the info will be available beforehand.
"Hey, where did xx game disappear to?" doesn't happen too often anymore.[/QUOTE]

But thats MS. Remember when MUA2 DLC were pulled with no announcement (although it was back up for a bit)? Depending on the contract with EA there might not necessary be a warning

bread's done
Back