Klonoa ~door to phantomile~ being remade for Wii

I was going to make a post asking why you didn't just buy it from Ebay, but then I searched for myself. Holy shit, since when does this game sell for $60+? I bought mine from Ebay for like $10 2 years ago.

So... why didn't you buy this game from Ebay 2 years ago? ;)

[quote name='Zing']
So... why didn't you buy this game from Ebay 2 years ago? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey. Why don't you SHUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUP

:]

I'm going to go buy some new owl traps like they have in Futurama, and then someday the Professor will tell me "Go clean those damn owl traps!" because YOU will be in them.

Wow, this pisses me off.

I spent a pretty penny on the original this summer! Now I'm going to have to buy it again! Personal annoyances aside, this is pretty awesome and definitely in need of a graphical upgrade. Klonoa 3 Wii coming soon? Or better yet...Klonoa 3 ps3?

Last edited by a moderator:
wiiss50.jpg

wiiss51.jpg

wiiss52.jpg

[quote name='leveskikesko']Hmm 5 hearts compared to the original 3 hearts...

Maybe the game is a bit easier than the original?[/quote]

That would be a feat , given that the original game wasn't very hard to begin with.

[quote name='StarKnightX']If the port/remake is good and does well , maybe they'll bring the second game over too.[/QUOTE]
Don't see the point of a Klonoa 2 Wiimake, especially since it can still be found fairly cheaply, and has held up well graphically.

Looking forward to the port of the first game, though (never played it).

[quote name='blueshinra']Don't see the point of a Klonoa 2 Wiimake, especially since it can still be found fairly cheaply, and has held up well graphically.

Looking forward to the port of the first game, though (never played it).[/quote]

I've never found Klonoa 2 anywhere , especially cheaply. Putting Klonoa 2 on the wii would allow the entire series to be on nintendo systems (1 and 2 on the wii , advance 1 and 2 for the gba , I'm not counting the volleyball game).

Klonoa is a fun game that's pretty for a PS1 game and has a nice soundtrack. Being short and easy are it's only faults , but they don't detriment the game any.

Really, Klonoa 2 doesn't need to be remade. It's still a great looking game. Considering that it is one of the best looking ps2 games, I doubt it would look that much better on the Wii. I'd much prefer them to put that effort into a new Klonoa 3, preferably on an HD system.

It's been way too long, and I've been way too patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Looks good. I only played the Klonoa GBA game, but I'm assuming it's nowhere near as fun as the PS1 version.[/quote]

PS1 game has more personality , the GBA games have better puzzles though.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I've never found Klonoa 2 anywhere , especially cheaply.[/QUOTE]
Try Half.com. Got my (used but complete) copy there earlier this year for around $15 shipped.

I'm so stoked for this, I love the Klonoa games. I even played the Volleyball one to death. I just hope they don't add unnecessary wii controls.

Bump for this.

I got an email from Namco Bandai tonight about a Klonoa survey. It was asking about a Klonoa game for Wii.

The main focus of the survey was to decide upon the character design. I (stupidly) didn't grab the images. I'm sure they'll turn up.

[quote name='pete5883']Same here. I didn't really like the "new" design, but it could just be that I know what Klonoa is supposed to look like.[/quote]

I voted down the "new" design as well. It wasn't as good as the older design. (And I think even that could use some work.)

klonoa1030.jpg

New design vs. original.

The new design looks too much like Ratchet (of Ratchet and Clank).

--R.J.

"Thank you for your interest. At this time, the survey is closed."

Hopefully they got the point. I can't see how anyone could possibly prefer the new design.

I never played the original of this but I have to say the Wii version won me over almost instantly. I couldn't read any of the instructions, but the gameplay is pretty straighforward and within a few minutes I was immediately taken back to the beautiful days of Pandemonium-era pseudo 3-D . Or 2.5-D. Whichever makes me sound more like a ponce.

The game looks great. I have no idea how much was redone for the Wii, but it glows with color and is smooth like nothing else. After a while the basic gameplay feels a little stale, but you're still driven to try to get to the next level just like in a standard 2-D platformer.

I like it. Can't wait for it in English.

[quote name='M-PG71C']No concrete date yet but I do know this will be getting a pre-order from me.[/QUOTE]
I thought this was going to be WiiWare? I guess I made that up.

[quote name='pete5883']I thought this was going to be WiiWare? I guess I made that up.[/QUOTE]
It was a retail product in Japan, so don't see why that wouldn't be the case here.

[quote name='blueshinra']It was a retail product in Japan, so don't see why that wouldn't be the case here.[/quote]
It's a pretty big game - I don't think it would be the same game if it had to fit in a WiiWare-sized download.

$29.99 @ Amazon too. This is a definite pre-order from me too.

It's just nice to be able to play it again without ponying up $75 to Random Internet Douchebag #79.

Wait, what? The original is worth $75?

Damn, it's always the games I want to keep that are worth crazy ducats.

Small discount to $28.99 on amazon as I type this--pleasantly surprised to see the price come down, but I hope this means the game is still going to be good. >_

[quote name='gunm']Small discount to $28.99 on amazon as I type this--pleasantly surprised to see the price come down, but I hope this means the game is still going to be good. >_

Purchased the game yesterday at Gamestop.

It's a blast. I really love it. I'll probably have the main mode beat by tomorrow, but it's so fun that it needs multiple runs just for the fun of it like Mario or something.

$30 well spent. Definitely pick this up.

If my local store has any copies of Klonoa when I go to pick up Donkey Kong Jungle Beat I'll be sure to pick it up. I've never played Klonoa before, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about it, and $30 is a great price point.

bread's done
Back