Kmart (B&M): Buy Dragon Quest IX (DS) Get Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Free Aug 1

demarcom1

CAG Veteran
Just read the Kmart circular for August 1 through August 7. On page 13, it states "Get Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS FREE when you buy Dragon Quest IX for DS (a 34.99 value). It shows the cover art of both games with a price listing of $34.99 each.

Amazon is currently selling LoZ: ST for $18.00. I may jump on the deal since I don't own either. Hope this deal is worth it to someone.

[quote name='demarcom1']Thanks Vendetta. I did a forum search for Dragon Quest IX deals and that thread didn't appear.[/QUOTE]

I would say this deserves its own thread - that Kmart thread is a little too random for people looking for specific deals. Plus, this new thread just makes Kmart look all the better for those unaware of that thread.

Awesome deal.... but my backlog is too long... :roll:

[quote name='Techman16']Is Dragon Quest IX really worth it? Still deciding on wether to jump on this deal[/QUOTE]

Yes. Buy it. I have only been playing at night before going to sleep and it is fantastic.

[quote name='Magikarp830']I would say this deserves its own thread - that Kmart thread is a little too random for people looking for specific deals. Plus, this new thread just makes Kmart look all the better for those unaware of that thread.

Awesome deal.... but my backlog is too long... :roll:[/QUOTE]

True. It is a damn good deal for sure and I understand that some people don't venture into the K-Mart thread but SHC-Gamer has been very good about updating his OP with the current deals and it takes a minute or two to go in there also! ;)

I agree with you as well though. However some of the wanna-be mods around here might think otherwise... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Techman16']Is Dragon Quest IX really worth it? Still deciding on wether to jump on this deal[/QUOTE]

Yes

Spirit Tracks not so much

Everyone should check the first post in the Kmart thread once a week. SHC-Gamer has been updating it with both the deals from the weekly flyers and the secret blog-only deals well ahead of time.

This is great. I already have Spirit Tracks but I have a friend that wants it. He said he'll split half the cost with me on this deal. Thanks OP.

Damn it. I got a new copy of DQV and I didn't even play it yet, and now there's a sale like this? I don't know if I should bother jumping in on the deal.

DQ9 is awesome. Bout it Day 2 and love it.
Im almost 100 hrs in haven't beat it and still loving it.
Just wish I could have got the free copy of Zelda instead of a $10 off gaming coupon that expires this week.

Wish Zelda would be on sale so I can use the coupon and pick up the game.

[quote name='Barlog']It's really not worth it. Dragon Quest is one of the most brain dead and tedious games on the market.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people disagree. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean this isn't a great deal.

Game is awesome.
Check the DS forum and a lot of ppl would beg to differ.
I bet its the number one DS game this month.
And this deal will help.

Plus the game as added content after with new quest added every week,

[quote name='Josef']Why don't you guys venture into the KMart thread? All it takes is a click and a minute or two of your time.[/QUOTE]
Why are u ALWAYS complaining??? Some deals deserve its own thread. If u don't like it, don't read it! If it's a terrible deal, it will end up @the bottom of the page. We should appreciate people for taking the time in finding and posting deals. Have u ever contributed anything to this forum???:roll:

FYI: This thread will be merged into the Official Kmart Gamer (Sears Holdings) thread tomorrow when the deal is live. For now, it serves as a heads up to those who for some reason still don't read that thread.

In other news, I still don't have DQIX, but I do love Spirit Tracks. Fun stuff, if easy. If you played Phantom Hourglass, it's the same type of play.

I would have never imagined a zelda game being the "free bonus" for a sale, and not even for a first-party nintendo game. Plus, it was sub-$20 for so long.

Spirit Tracks has got to be the most discounted zelda game in the history of zelda games.

WOW thanks for posting this. Although I'd rather see Amazon maybe match this, I'd be willing to go to kmart if I had to (I'd prefer not to though... all their stores are old and smell bad, have bad lighting, and remind me of a goodwill from 1972). :p

AMAZON

13.50 trade credit for zelda
18.00 credt for dq 9

31.50 flip to amazon not worth it :) probally could make a little cash flipping on ebay

Still first week was almost the same deal

BUY DQ9 get 15 gift card Zelda is only 18 on amazon so really its 3 bucks better :)

[quote name='leopaw']Why are u ALWAYS complaining??? Some deals deserve its own thread. If u don't like it, don't read it! If it's a terrible deal, it will end up @the bottom of the page. We should appreciate people for taking the time in finding and posting deals. Have u ever contributed anything to this forum???:roll:[/QUOTE]

Have you ever contributed anything besides board clutter? And you're not even good at that since you've been here nearly 2 years and have barely posted. Lurk much? :roll:

Thanks OP and SHC-gamer! I got my DQ IX and free Spirit Tracks today! I never really looked in the Kmart thread before cuz it's kinda far from my house, but a deal like this was worth the trip.

[quote name='Josef']Why don't you guys venture into the KMart thread? All it takes is a click and a minute or two of your time.[/QUOTE]

The last Kmart that was 10 miles from me closed. So I would have to travel 30+ miles to go to one. Deals like this, and the Star Craft 2 coupon being in a separate thread catch my eye and would get me to travel to KMart for the deal. I likely should go through the thread, but this make it easy to browse CAG.

Thanks for posting this! I have been so close to buying one of them over the past month or so, but I didn't think I would get them together. It had been quite awhile that I had set foot in a Kmart.

I was VERY tempted to jump on this deal, but the Toys R Us near my office had DQ9 in stock this morning so I bought two copies - one for me, one for my friend. Since I already have LOZ:ST, and it's just not worth enough to flip/sell, I went with TRU. But if you don't have either game, this is a great deal.

Price matched at Best Buy. Get the points and right now a free hat for Gamers. I used 15 in Reward Zone-$22 out the door for both.

Awesome deal, picked them up today. Glad I waited out the first round of sales on DQIX because I was hopelessly grinding through Etrian Odyssey 2.

[quote name='biledriver']Awesome deal, picked them up today. Glad I waited out the first round of sales on DQIX because I was hopelessly grinding through Etrian Odyssey 2.[/QUOTE]

I have been trying to find that game & the first one w/ out resorting to ebay...no such luck. There's no GS stores close to me that have it.

Ah well...I do need to pre-order Etrian Odyssey 3 however.

Well I could not get my DQ9 and free ST today. The clerk denied there being such a deal. I posted in the other Kmart thread but the discussion is focused on PSN cards so I thought I better ask here too. Is there a copy of the ad I can get ahold of to take in so I can get my free ST?

[quote name='CatEyes']Well I could not get my DQ9 and free ST today. The clerk denied there being such a deal. I posted in the other Kmart thread but the discussion is focused on PSN cards so I thought I better ask here too. Is there a copy of the ad I can get ahold of to take in so I can get my free ST?[/QUOTE]

You can just go to Kmart's website and look at their weekly ad and print out that page. I believe it's page 13 or 14. Every K-mart I've been in however has stacks of their week's ad so I don't know why you didn't just pick up the ad when you walked in the store.

Thanks for posting, I hate those people who always pop up and complain because the deal is posted 36 pages deep in another thread.

Thank you jling84, it took some hunting around but I found the ad on kmart.com. I wasn't actually the one to go to Kmart today (asked my father to pick them up on his way home from work). He was told there was no such deal by the guy in the electronics dept. At least with this there's proof now so I'll try again tomorrow. :)

[quote name='typical guy']has anyone used a coupon when buying this?[/QUOTE]

I posted in the other thread but you probably missed it. I used the Starcraft II coupon on this deal, no problem.

My KMart even had small stickers on the display case stating the deal, which I pointed to after the clerk fumbled with the ad for a minute looking for it.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']I posted in the other thread but you probably missed it. I used the Starcraft II coupon on this deal, no problem.

My KMart even had small stickers on the display case stating the deal, which I pointed to after the clerk fumbled with the ad for a minute looking for it.[/QUOTE]

was any manual input necessary or do i just buy the games then have them scan the coupon and it all works out?

[quote name='zane_7849']Thanks for posting, I hate those people who always pop up and complain because the deal is posted 36 pages deep in another thread.[/QUOTE]
The deal is not posted deep in any other thread. There is an official Kmart thread maintained by the Kmart Corporate games buyer himself, and he updates THE FIRST POST every single week with the latest deals. You know, just like the Xbox Live Arcade thread... You surely click on the first post of that thread each week too, right??? :whistle2:k
[quote name='CatEyes']Thank you jling84, it took some hunting around but I found the ad on kmart.com. I wasn't actually the one to go to Kmart today (asked my father to pick them up on his way home from work). He was told there was no such deal by the guy in the electronics dept. At least with this there's proof now so I'll try again tomorrow. :)[/QUOTE]
The offer rings up automatically when the cashier hits Total. There is no need for the cashier to even know about the sale, nor any need for a copy of the offer.

bread's done
Back