Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds $20

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon $20

Kirby Tripe Deluxe $20

Mario & Luigi Dream Team $20

Tomodachi Life $20

Bravely Default $20

Yoshi's New Island $20

Original Post

Edit- The game has gone down to $5 now but the PS3 version can no longer be added to the cart.  The 360 version has gone to $5 as well and can still be ordered.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox/p-018W007382911001P?pageInd=product&currentProductTitle=konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox&isSEOCanonURL=true&catgroupId=018W007382911001P&catalogId=10104&redirectType=SRDT&isSEOUri=true&storeId=10151&partNumber=018W007382911001P&reqURI=%2fshc%2fs%2fkonami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-xbox%2fp-018W007382911001P

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 $10 at Kmart.  Not available for shipping but has in-store pickup if it's available locally.

Seems to be $30-40 most places still even though it didn't review nearly as well as the first game.  Free rental though since it trades back to BBY for $10 right now and GS for $13.

http://www.kmart.com/konami-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-for-playstation/p-018W007382927001P

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after starting out the day hoping for a copy of Far Cry 4 for $29 I had to settle on Wolfenstein: The New Order (One), A play and charge kit for the Xbox One, and a 1.5 quart baking dish for $34. Basically in order to fix my surprise points problem they just gave me another $20 in points but I also had $12 in surprise points that got refunded when they cancelled FC4. So in the end I was able to redeem about $32 in points and spent enough to get it all shipped for free. I will just wait for Far Cry 4 to drop at BBY and use my GCU. Happy with the haul in the end though.
Thanks for the information.

I went to pick up my items today and took a quick look at the section. There was a single copy of Bravely Default in stock, even though as of this moment the site claims it doesn't exist. In the store it rings at the $39.99 MSRP. I'm going back tomorrow to see if they'll give me the web price of $19.99.

This was before Sears bought them. Now they are on a downward spiral to bankruptcy.
Nah they filed for bankruptcy in 2002 because their CEO was stealing millions from them. That was 4 years before they bought Sears. If an investment firm didn't buy out a lot of their debt they wouldn't even exist anymore.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any threads.

From what I understand, Kmart's primary video games vendor stopped selling them games recently.  If you have been in Kmart recently, you probably noticed a very low stock of games related to this.

Good on you if you manage to get something out of this deal because it's probably the end of video games at Kmart for the most part, and probably the end of Kmart and Sears within the next couple years.

hmmm might try and price match mgs at best buy. I got an order confirmation for in store pick up at kmart but would rather goto best buy (closer).

Also kinda interested in UFC for 20 but none of the best buys in my area have it in stock right now. Will they still price match it in store or should I call?

And possibly very suddenly lke CC since they're very close to losing the ability to get product from vendors on credit which was what ultimately killed CC.
It's already happening. Have you seen a single copy of COD AW, Trap team products, or smash brothers in any Kmart you know of? I haven't, and all of those are guaranteed to sell this holiday season. They are absolute musts for any big box store to have at this point. I might ad that trap team stuff and COD have both appeared in the store ad a month or so ago but not stock. I concluded then that activision cut them off and now nintendo is, based on Kmart and Sears never getting smash brothers WiiU. The clock is about to strike midnight on them...

That said , do not wait for liquidation sales to buy games at Sears and Kmart. We'll never get better deals than we are now and in the near future IMO, when stacking with points offers and taking advantage of website hiccups and most importantly, actual new titles with value are available. When the bankruptcy comes, all the games are long gone by the time the liquidation hits 50% off, and any recent titles with actual value are long gone at 20%.

Had Metal Gear in store but they would not match their own website!!! Clerk tried to tell me you can't buy an Xbox One game that cheap, cut him off and said, "funny as how Sears just shipped Xbox One Forza to my front door for $7.98"!!! Pisses some people off really bad when they can't get a deal because they are too stupid and pay full price for stuff!!!!!! Kmart and their employees are such losers........

It's already happening. Have you seen a single copy of COD AW, Trap team products, or smash brothers in any Kmart you know of? I haven't, and all of those are guaranteed to sell this holiday season. They are absolute musts for any big box store to have at this point. I might ad that trap team stuff and COD have both appeared in the store ad a month or so ago but not stock. I concluded then that activision cut them off and now nintendo is, based on Kmart and Sears never getting smash brothers WiiU. The clock is about to strike midnight on them...

That said , do not wait for liquidation sales to buy games at Sears and Kmart. We'll never get better deals than we are now and in the near future IMO, when stacking with points offers and taking advantage of website hiccups and most importantly, actual new titles with value are available. When the bankruptcy comes, all the games are long gone by the time the liquidation hits 50% off, and any recent titles with actual value are long gone at 20%.
I hadn't noticed that since the clearance has been so non-existent near me lately that I haven't even gone in other to pick up orders from the website.

And yeah, the liquidator's mark everything back up first and advertise the sale like crazy so it never works in our favor.

My local Kmart had one Pokemon X and Dream Team.

Just picked up Pokemon for a Xmas present.

edit: They price matched the site with no issues.

Edit Edit- Various markdowns by platform:

[OP]
I can't quite believe it, but I was able to snag Beyond for $2.42, thanks to a Kmart/Sears gift card that's been sitting in my email for about four months. Nice catch, OP!

I'm tempted to drive to a Kmart about 20 miles from my house to grab Lords of Shadow 2 for $5.

I got my email confirmation for LoS 2, and again the address is different than the one when I placed the order. Same general location, but still.

So, the conflicting reports of price matching their own site is kind of funny. In a sad way.

Was very excited that somebody had made a sim about dog washing, but was unable to find it in store and when I tried to PM it at Best Buy and Walmart they looked at me like I was crazy or something!  Freaking bastards....

Kmart did PM a PS4 Metal Gear, Best Buy PM'ed Yoshi and Walmart PM'ed Dream Team.  Walmart was the only one who gave any resistance, but only because it was a $20 difference.  She said if it had been less she wouldn't have even asked for proof but apparently their system requires an override for even a manager when it's that much.  Only problem is that I can't find LOS 2 anywhere in town and it honestly boggles my mind as it used to be readily available.  Hmmm...

Was very excited that somebody had made a sim about dog washing, but was unable to find it in store and when I tried to PM it at Best Buy and Walmart they looked at me like I was crazy or something! Freaking bastards....

Kmart did PM a PS4 Metal Gear, Best Buy PM'ed Yoshi and Walmart PM'ed Dream Team. Walmart was the only one who gave any resistance, but only because it was a $20 difference. She said if it had been less she wouldn't have even asked for proof but apparently their system requires an override for even a manager when it's that much. Only problem is that I can't find LOS 2 anywhere in town and it honestly boggles my mind as it used to be readily available. Hmmm...
I decided to check Kmart.com again for the Ground Zeroes :)ps4:) page after reading your post, and surprisingly it was back up! I was able to buy a $4.99 copy for in-store pickup at the same location holding my copies of LoS2. :D

Some managers will make an exception but as a policy they do not price match.
I figured as much. Especially considering the website says "online only price".

When I clicked on the MGS PS4 link a minute ago, it took me to the sears site. which is the same as kmart basically, but I just found it interesting considering last night it took me to kmart.com.

Just glad you posted these. I like a cheap game.

I hate that my store won't match online prices and their websites inventory tells me they don't have it their when they clearly do. I can't believe this store is still in business. What a joke.

Some managers will make an exception but as a policy they do not price match.
Isn't this really only an inventory issue though? If they actually have copies in store (especially multiple copies) we should be able to place an order for in store pick up, right? Can the clerks update inventory on the hand scanners? If so asking the. To update in entity should allow an online order to be placed....oh well. Wal Mart price matched most of the games they had jacked up. Hopefully they will be around long enough I can get these games for under $5 on Clearance :)

Regarding Kmart already not getting some items due to credit concerns...On my visit while waiting I heard a customer ask where the display of Energizer batteries were. The clerk said they no longer carry Energizer Batteries and Clearanced out all remaining stock a month or two ago.

My guess is they are trying to liquidate as much inventory as possible from Departments they don't see as essential. I bue e they will either get rid of games or will only carry a minimum selection of the most popular games until they finally are either closed, merge, restructure, etc...

Went to Best Buy yesterday and price matched Kirby Triple Deluxe 3DS for $20 with no issues. My local Best Buy didn't have some of the 3DS games that I wanted in stock, so I figured I'd take a chance on dropping into my local Kmart (even though the Kmart website says that nothing is in stock there). To my surprise, Kmart did have the 3DS games that I wanted in stock, but they were priced in full. Asked an associate if he would price match the kmart.com website and he said it should be fine. He got manager approval and I walked out with Tomodachi Life and Bravely Default for $20 each! Pretty sweet deal.

Sears has super Mario bros wii for $6.97. Can someone post
On Sears forums? I can't find it. Also, Mario kart 7 ring up $29.99 and will not match website price.

It's never happened before but thanks to the stupidity of Kmart workers, I made $15 on returning Metal Gear Ground Zero. I made my payment with PayPal. I picked up the game at customer service and said I changed my mind, I wanted a refund. The CSR asked how I made my payment, I said PP. So she decides to give me a refund via cash. No problem except the game was now $19.99 and I said hey your giving me too much back, look at the invoice it says $4.99 not $19.99. Their computers were on the fritz and she just handed me the $19.99 with tax.

I should have bought lottery tickets with the money. :whee:

Was going to get Castlevania LOS2 to flip for KH 2.5, but I can't seem to find any around. Of course KMart has them, but that's a 20 minute drive. Definitely considering price matching Arkham Origins at Walmart though!

Ordered :3ds: DKCR, :3ds: KTD, and :wiiu: NL for pickup yesterday. Checked a different local location for :3ds: MG: WT and got it price matched. Thanks OP!

Would Sears price match Kmart? I'm on the fence regarding Luigi's Mansion and know for sure Sears by me has it in stock.

Well, after getting disconnected a few times, I was able to get the $20 in SYW credits for buying Pokemon and Zelda.  Not too shabby of a deal.

Thanks to Sears/Kmart's pisspoor management, my oldest daughter is going to have one hell of a Nintendo 3DS-themed Christmas.

Well, after getting disconnected a few times, I was able to get the $20 in SYW credits for buying Pokemon and Zelda. Not too shabby of a deal.

Thanks to Sears/Kmart's pisspoor management, my oldest daughter is going to have one hell of a Nintendo 3DS-themed Christmas.
I tried chat today and was told the points should show up in 7-10 days. I don't believe them. I probably should call.

I tried chat today and was told the points should show up in 7-10 days. I don't believe them. I probably should call.
Yeah, call. The person I talked to in chat told me that it should still show on the invoice/receipt and since it didn't, I had to call. It took a few minutes on hold, but it was taken care of.

According to the associates I talked to the other day, in order for store pickup to be available, there has to be at least two copies of the product in stock. This means, there is a chance there might be one copy of your game of choice on the shelves. If this is the case, you probably have to ask to have it price-matched from the website. The assistant manager of my location was kind enough to do it on Black Friday.

That was my experience with the last copy of The Wind Waker HD.

YMMV
I was not this lucky. I can verify that if the store does have 1 copy of the game in stock it shows as out of stock online. I was at a store yesterday and the manager said she could not price match their own website! Wtf?! Really?? So I proceeded to go on my phone while I was in the aisle looking right at the games in the case and ordered whatever I could. Pissed me off that they had 1 copy of MG Zeroes for both ps4 and xb1 in the case and it showed oos online!

I was not this lucky. I can verify that if the store does have 1 copy of the game in stock it shows as out of stock online. I was at a store yesterday and the manager said she could not price match their own website! Wtf?! Really?? So I proceeded to go on my phone while I was in the aisle looking right at the games in the case and ordered whatever I could. Pissed me off that they had 1 copy of MG Zeroes for both ps4 and xb1 in the case and it showed oos online!
Not really surprising honestly. Until a month ago Wal-Mart refused to price match their own site so definitely not unheard of.

Well, after getting disconnected a few times, I was able to get the $20 in SYW credits for buying Pokemon and Zelda. Not too shabby of a deal.

Where is this deal advertised?

Where is this deal advertised?
It's at the top of the pages for the qualifying 3DS games. It will say 3 Special Offers and shows up when you click on it as:

Members get $20 in points when you purchase 2 select games. See details. hide details
Limit 1 per customer. Item Sold by Kmart. The SYWR points are only valid on this item(018W006316170001P,018W006316380001P,018W004952002001P,018W006145596001P,018W006805030001P,018W006222990001P,018W006803683001P,018W005000115001P).Just go to checkout to see SYWR points. Points will be shown on your SYWR statement. One coupon per purchase. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. In the event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from your refund. Internationally Shipped Orders are excluded.

Not really surprising honestly. Until a month ago Wal-Mart refused to price match their own site so definitely not unheard of.
And until a year ago target did not price match their site either. Actually, in the long run, it has been common not to do so. Best buy been price matching their site for a long time though.

Got the following price-matched at TRU:

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes 

Castlevania 2 Lords of Shadow (360)

Super Mario Galaxy (price-matched from Sears.com)

NHL 14 (PS3)

Really got lucky with this since the TRU manager just keyed in her override for the entire transaction and walked away, didn't need to look at my smartphone or anything.  The cashier asked if these were black friday prices, I told him no, and that was it - smooth sailing.  I tried to get these price-matched at Wal-Mart last night and they had to literally go in the back room as if to set up a CSI lab to investigate the price-match.  They declined saying none were in stock nearby and I finally asked them to call the store, they couldn't get anyone in electronics to pick-up the phone.  I left saying thanks anyway.  Long story short:  TRU rocks.

I picked up

3DS - Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins (price match at Walmart)

3DS - Mario Golf World Tour

PS3 - Beyond Two Souls

The last two I got from K-Mart. Placed the order last night, and got the email this morning. Thanks for the heads up about this OP!

Got ground zeroes price matched at my local best buy. Just checked if it was in stock at a near kmart and adjusted the price. Saved me a trip to a kmart about 10 miles away. 

Really though if you offer free store pick up for specific items then you should at least match your online price if the only thing stopping people from placing the order is their inventory is screwy. In my case there were multiple copies available and they still refused. It seems like common sense that if you offer a price online and offer free in store pick up on said item that you would price match if the site incorrectly lists it as OOS. If you don't want to sell the games for that price the. Don't list them at that price.

In the end I got what I needed and was better off in some ways because I was able to price match one game that was in stock at the Kmart one town over, but still it makes no sense. That's Kmart though as someone pointed out earlier.

Just to let those that are in Puerto Rico. The checkout with store pick-up worked for me at least using Paypal. The order went and only charge me the 9.99 from Nintendoland. I plan to drop by tommorrow without problems hopefully.

I did went personally and try to ask them to scan to see the price. It came up as 35.00 dollars sadly...they pointed at me to there 'pick-up' station to order online. But the games didn't appear using that function (Nintendoland was NOWHERE to be found). I'll report tommorrow if everything works fine.

Found Killzone on Vita for $8 and was able to PM Knack in store. The manager asked me if I was a shop your way member, when I said I was they did the PM.

I managed to grab MGS5: Ground Zeroes when I checked this thread at work earlier today. As soon as I saw it back in stock, I just called up Best Buy for that price match. The lady tried to play games with me at first like it wasn't in stock at the local kmart/sears, but I was looking at it myself too, and basically told her to look harder. Lol idk if she took off her BS goggles, but I finally got it.

Went to Walmart today since Kmart last night wouldn't price match their site for me. Walmart didn't have Ground Zeroes or Tropical Freeze like I wanted, but got Dream Team and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Price match was smooth and easy, my first time doing it at Walmart. The guy who got the games out of the case for me rung me up and I told him I'd like to PM, I showed him on my phone and he didn't really even look except at the price.

Maybe tomorrow if I have time I'll drive to the other 2 Walmarts within 15 minutes of me to see if they have GZ and TP.

bread's done
Back