KMART giving away more "free money" for SYWR (just $5 this time, through 5/17)

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Think it was a couple weeks back they gave members a free $10 in their shop your way rewards account (it was "one day only"). I took that $10 to buy a clearance game for free.

Just got an email that they have sent me another $5 good through 5/17. I don't think $5 is going to be worth my time, but if anyone was buying a game anyway in the next couple of days (coupon deals this week?) you might want to use it before it disappears! The $5 should stack with whatever other deals they are having, including clearance or gaming coupons.

I got a $5er but it wasn't good towards games and required a $50 purchase...boo hiss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a $5 offer but it required a $100 purchase.
^That was sent 3 days ago, I also got another $5 offer but it required a $50 purchase back in mid-April.

[quote name='shivan128']I got a $5 code for clothes. I dont think I ever bought clothes from KMart nor Sears.[/QUOTE]

You could always use that coupon to buy underwear or socks...

[quote name='jkam']I got a $5er but it wasn't good towards games and required a $50 purchase...boo hiss.[/QUOTE]

I got a $5 off $50 but it worked on games just fine.

I think some people are confusing this with the $5 off coupons that might have also been sent by Kmart within the past week--this is an additional $5 put in your SYWR account, so it can be used on anything.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I got a $5 off $50 but it worked on games just fine.[/QUOTE]When I try to enter my code, it says something like "Code not valid - Click for details" and when I click, a red message pops up saying "Not valid on electronics, video games, etc.". Did you do something different?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I got an email about $5 today. No restrictions because it's listed as 5000 points in my sywr account.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this ^^^

Mine says I have $5 to use "in home" department, however when I check my SYWR account it shows that I have 5,000 points!

I am assuming I can use the points on ANYTHING then, right?

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I was wondering about this ^^^

Mine says I have $5 to use "in home" department, however when I check my SYWR account it shows that I have 5,000 points!

I am assuming I can use the points on ANYTHING then, right?[/QUOTE]Yes, but they expire 5/17.

[quote name='Vigilante']

When I try to enter my code, it says something like "Code not valid - Click for details" and when I click, a red message pops up saying "Not valid on electronics, video games, etc.". Did you do something different?[/QUOTE]

I went to a store and bought a bunch of clearance games ;)

My coupon said it added an additional $5 to my existing $1.70 SYWR balance if i spent $50 and used it then.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I went to a store and bought a bunch of clearance games ;)

My coupon said it added an additional $5 to my existing $1.70 SYWR balance if i spent $50 and used it then.[/QUOTE]#-o

I forgot the coupons aren't online-only. :oops:

I received a free and clear $10 worth of points today. Couldn't find any games I wanted, so I got some Mountain Dew. If your K-Mart is a pain to navigate, you can use your free points to buy groceries on mygofer.com, redeem your points online, and pick up your order at the store free of charge.

I missed the email they sent me earlier this month, so I'm surprised they had another offer. Anyway, I was sitting on $7 and change that was going to expire in June so I used this to get a play and charge kit for $8, which isn't bad.

Also, now that I've spent the points I earned from using Josh's deals, I don't really have a reason to go to Kmart anymore.

I'm thinking about using my $5 in conjunction with the $25 online coupon I got from buying UMvC3 (Vita) to either buy (SMT: Devil Survivor 2 - practically free?; J&D Collection or DMC HD Collection - ~$10) or preorder something...Or maybe I should just hope the Arkham City GotY comes "in stock" for PS3 so I can snag that for ~$20 (~$25 if I wait past when the free $5 expires :\).

:whistle2:k

I received $5 worth of points two weeks ago with no restrictions. Today I received $10 worth of points in the grill department with no minimum purchase requirement.

I have a good amount of credit since I bought appliances from Sears during BF. How does the 5000 points appear on the account? Is it simply added to your total or shows up as an offer?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I have a good amount of credit since I bought appliances from Sears during BF. How does the 5000 points appear on the account? Is it simply added to your total or shows up as an offer?[/QUOTE]

It just shows in my redeemable points. You can go into the detail and see all the points that are being added or used from your account. If I let them expire, it would probably still show the +5000 points when they were added, but then on 5/18 (or whenever) they should show a (-5000) for the expired points. Since I zeroed out my KMART balance at the end of last year, the only activity for me has been the free 10,000 points, the usage of 9990 points to buy a game for "free", and then it shows -10 points that expired from that 10,000 promotion. Now it shows the new promotion of free 5000 points.

Strangely the 10,000 points they sent me earlier said "redeem in jewelry", and this one says "redeem in soft goods". Despite the description on the account history, the 10,000 points had no problems at all working on a game. I know another guy was worried about that, but I'm pretty sure that this particular offer works on games (or basically anything you want). Although it does seem like people are getting different things (i.e. 5 off $50, 10 off $100). So I guess not everyone is getting the points with no strings attached...

[quote name='shivan128']I got a $5 code for clothes. I dont think I ever bought clothes from KMart nor Sears.[/QUOTE]

I buy clothes from KMart all the time. Helps that I'm a men's small so I can almost always let their clearance burn all the way down to $1.99-ish before picking stuff up.

Outside of $1-$2 light jackets, I've also got some pretty insane scores like a 4 pack of wifebeaters for $1.50, a Halo 3 shirt for 99 cents, a black on black Eagles beanie for $1.50, and an Eagles onesie for a friend of a friend for .75 cents. K-Mart is one of the few places I see that puts their sports stuff on sale and not just players who have changed teams or whatever. (Although it helps my K-Mart only ever seems to a dozen or so people in it at a time.)

Anyway, I really need to start checking out their deals for my mom as she always reads off the points she has but doesn't fully understand how they work.

bread's done
Back