Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

tumblr_lyji26DBVj1r915mbo1_400.jpg

Let's analyze this critically for just one second, shall we? If you indeed "have 0 reasons to lie," you also have 0 reasons to bother defending yourself to complete strangers.

But you did anyway. Maybe because you feel there's a reason somewhere. And then proceeded with an ad hominem argument as if that's going to convince anyone of your virtues.

(Not that this portion of your argument is particularly relevant, but think about it: who is more likely to be single? The guy devoting his days to pricematching multiples or those of us who only got the one item we needed for ourselves and moved on? It's not on me if the answer isn't obvious to you.)

As far as what the consequences will be? I know I'm less likely to help out a CAG who I suspect to be a reseller. Especially someone that makes a habit of going overboard as you have on this opportunity. Some CAG's may care about your scrupples, others may not.

In all sincerity, you should definitely be joining SD instead. They will be more supportive of behavior that leads to cleaning out deals so that no others in your area can enjoy them. Enjoy your profits.
Well you basically nailed everything that I felt but am far too lazy to type about this sort of situation. It was typed out in a clear, concise, and logical matter. Good job.

Let's analyze this critically for just one second, shall we? If you indeed "have 0 reasons to lie," you also have 0 reasons to bother defending yourself to complete strangers.

But you did anyway. Maybe because you feel there's a reason somewhere. And then proceeded with an ad hominem argument as if that's going to convince anyone of your virtues.

(Not that this portion of your argument is particularly relevant, but think about it: who is more likely to be single? The guy devoting his days to pricematching multiples or those of us who only got the one item we needed for ourselves and moved on? It's not on me if the answer isn't obvious to you.)

As far as what the consequences will be? I know I'm less likely to help out a CAG who I suspect to be a reseller. Especially someone that makes a habit of going overboard as you have on this opportunity. Some CAG's may care about your scrupples, others may not.

In all sincerity, you should definitely be joining SD instead. They will be more supportive of behavior that leads to cleaning out deals so that no others in your area can enjoy them. Enjoy your profits.
I do agree with you - "I have 0 reasons to defend myself". Glad U C it my way.

Everyone needs to stop calling this a deal. This is NOT a deal. This is one companies website showing a super low price on an item you can't even order and probably can't even find in your local Kmart and people taking advantage of employees not making sure everything meets the PM policy of their respective store. This thread should have been deleted the moment it was made but this is pretty much SD now so this stuff stays and people praise others.

Everyone needs to stop calling this a deal. This is NOT a deal. This is one companies website showing a super low price on an item you can't even order and probably can't even find in your local Kmart and people taking advantage of employees not making sure everything meets the PM policy of their respective store. This thread should have been deleted the moment it was made but this is pretty much SD now so this stuff stays and people praise others.
Exactly. Once the majority of us mods who gave a shit quit, this place started going to shit. Hell, it started going to shit before then...

I got denied at another Target because they pulled up the Black New 3DS XL and it says not available.  Are people only having luck at BB and Walmart?  I have never PM at BB or Walmart.  Do they use their own computer like Target or do I just show them my phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally, just show them your phone - although at our BB store, we were told to not match this deal instantly because they're closeout prices and we don't match those.

I admit I took a shot at a $200 PS4 at 2 Walmarts--well, actually, my wife did--but I'm only mildly disappointed. I would've loved to save some money and bought a PS4 today instead of whenever the urge pushes me to do it (I need more than 3 mos. PS+ and a PSTV!), but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I'm not going to get into the reseller issue, that's been discussed already, but I do want to say something about the regular folks who got the deal. I'm GLAD they got it. I'm happy for CAGs. This is the second internet forum I ever joined, and although I'm not a huge poster, I visit it almost every day, listen to the CAGCasts, and generally consider all of you people "cool." There's a thing going on the world in general that pains me a bit, and I don't want to see it here. I don't like it when people are angry when something good happens to somebody else. Be happy for them. Heck, most of the time, it's not happening to them instead of you--it has nothing to do with you. This type of anger is not good for anyone. 

Sorry for the derailment. I'll end with I LOVE YOU ALL. 

Noah "Kromax" Kromaksian

I admit I took a shot at a $200 PS4 at 2 Walmarts--well, actually, my wife did--but I'm only mildly disappointed. I would've loved to save some money and bought a PS4 today instead of whenever the urge pushes me to do it (I need more than 3 mos. PS+ and a PSTV!), but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I'm not going to get into the reseller issue, that's been discussed already, but I do want to say something about the regular folks who got the deal. I'm GLAD they got it. I'm happy for CAGs. This is the second internet forum I ever joined, and although I'm not a huge poster, I visit it almost every day, listen to the CAGCasts, and generally consider all of you people "cool." There's a thing going on the world in general that pains me a bit, and I don't want to see it here. I don't like it when people are angry when something good happens to somebody else. Be happy for them. Heck, most of the time, it's not happening to them instead of you--it has nothing to do with you. This type of anger is not good for anyone.

Sorry for the derailment. I'll end with I LOVE YOU ALL.

Noah "Kromax" Kromaksian
couldn't agree more

Time for me to abandon thread and leave my typical calling card:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9293]

Best of luck to you who are working on getting the PMs. Even more luck to the people debating each other on this topic. 

I am very disappointed in everyone. You should all be ashamed...

...that you haven't found a deal for a PS Vita. I've been waiting for days.

Wait, so am I wrong for selling my TV that I got with the Xbox One deal BB had last week for $500?  So far, I have 3 offers for $300 for the TV but I am holding out for more.  The TV is 40 inches which is too small for me.  I want a bigger TV.  Am I doing something wrong selling it for a profit so I can use that money to buy the TV I want? I kept the Xbox One.

Wait, so am I wrong for selling my TV that I got with the Xbox One deal BB had last week for $500? So far, I have 3 offers for $300 for the TV but I am holding out for more. The TV is 40 inches which is too small for me. I want a bigger TV. Am I doing something wrong selling it for a profit so I can use that money to buy the TV I want? I kept the Xbox One.
What you did is perfectly reasonable

Stinkin double post.  When I hit post, it hardly ever shows that it posted.  I am using Firefox if that makes any difference.  If I hit post once, then I hit refresh, it will show that it posted.  Website or my browser?

Wait, so am I wrong for selling my TV that I got with the Xbox One deal BB had last week for $500? So far, I have 3 offers for $300 for the TV but I am holding out for more. The TV is 40 inches which is too small for me. I want a bigger TV. Am I doing something wrong selling it for a profit so I can use that money to buy the TV I want? I kept the Xbox One.
In my eyes no, you purchased an actual deal from the store, you don't need/want the tv so you are reselling. I wanted to get the deal, I need a new tv for my office, but couldn't justify buying another xbox one, if I could have gotten the madden 16 bundle then I would have probably did it anyway, because I already planned on getting madden 16.

Don't hit refresh after you've hit post.
It's the only way I can see that my post has gone through. Usually after you click post, it automatically refreshes and shows that you posted. That doesn't happen to me. I click post and nothing happens. It stays on the same page and I can keep typing if I want. I need to click refresh or go back into the thread to see that my post has gone through. If I click post again, it will just keep posting the same thing over and over. If I click post once and then refresh, only one post appears.

Yes. You are going straight to hell for even thinking about doing that!!

Time to rename this place to Cheap Ass Losers...

Any companies that's dumb enough to accommodate some of these scammers should deserve to go bankrupt.  There was no excuse for anyone to allow PM of this. 

Wanted to say thanks OP.

Picked one up for the boyfriend. Had no problem PMing it and didn't even need a override. 

WweyaBz.jpg

While I think $100 is too much to spend on a gift to someone you will most likely break up with soon, I am glad you were able to get the PM.

Got shot down on the PS4 at 2 different Walmarts. First one I was stone walled as soon as I asked and was told they do not price match Kmart. 2nd Walmart, electronics guy walked PS4 up to front of store and cashier said although I had the kmart site showing the PS4 price, they wouldn't match it because she couldn't search for and find the PS4 by searching from WITHIN kmart's website. Wonderful Walmart logic there.

Best Buy would have price matched with no issues, however they don't have just the consoles, everything is bundles.

I was however, able to find a silver lining and PM the last black new 3DSXL with no issues. :D/

While I think $100 is too much to spend on a gift to someone you will most likely break up with soon, I am glad you were able to get the PM.
Been dating for 6 years and will get married when the time is right.

Sorry your attitude keeps you from being able to achieve this.

To be profit you would need to get $500 + tax + a cent. Until then you still lost money.

bread's done
Back