Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

I got denied at BB for a PM for a PS4.  The manager said that even though Kmart is on the PM list, they couldn't honor this PM since the item was on "clearance".  He then tried to pull up the item on his phone and couldn't do it even though I showed him the ad on my phone.

I was able to PM the PS4 at Target.  The customer service rep called the mgr on duty and asked if they could PM K-mart.com.  The mgr agreed to PM.  She then also gave me the cartwheel discount of 10% off electronic items even though I didn't even ask for it.  I got the PS4 for $180 plus tax.

I suggest only trying to PM 1 console for yourself or a friend as you have a better chance for an approval than if you go up there and try to get 8-10 consoles at once.

Now I gotta pick up Bloodborne!

Good luck!

I suggest only trying to PM 1 console for yourself or a friend as you have a better chance for an approval than if you go up there and try to get 8-10 consoles at once.

Now I gotta pick up Bloodborne!

Good luck!
Damn, I was just about to try pricematching 8 PS4s at once, at Target.
You really don't think I should?

It's for my 8 nieces and nephews, they are octuplets.

They all really want to play Bloodborne too.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I think $100 is too much to spend on a gift to someone you will most likely break up with soon, I am glad you were able to get the PM.
Can't tell if you are super salty at the fact someone has a special someone or the fact they could price match something you probably can't.

Probably both. Lay of the sodium kid, it's not good for you.

Gonna try my luck in multiple stores. Been needing to upgrade to a PS4. Will probably sell my PS3 and all games once I beat Fallout 3. Was also debating on picking up a 3ds or a Wii U since I love Smash and have an amiibo but don't want to but a console for one game.

Wow.  I didn't know this forum was so
gZtrO.gif

Was able to PM both Splatoon and Mario Party 10 with no issues at my local Walmart earlier today. Thanks to the OP for posting this. These were both games we were getting my son for his birthday in September so its really nice to save half on them.

Employee from wally world here, just talked with a couple of people from electronics and department managers and there was a supposed bulletin sent out to stores that this deal is fraudulent and not to allow it. I told them it's not and you can pull up the website aND check and they said it doesn't matter, it's not a real sale and it's fraud. What a load of bull. Apparently a reddit post ruined this. If you have a store full of junior detectives, I'd skip out and just go to best buy and get the rewards points from them

Well, you can call them Jr. Detectives if you want, but the stores are not supposed to price match if it's not in stock or clearance... and it appears that either or both of those apply here.

I have never run into that issue when going to best buy. In stock or not and clearance or not, they've always matched regardless. Walmart is the only one who wants to put up a stink about EVERYTHING. even when I tried to get a pstv, I asked about matching gamestop, was told they don't match gamestop only thing ever. Then pulled up the same price on best buys website right in front of them, and they told me they wouldn't do it. Bravo.

No. They'll just think your being even more shady.
I can't say that's 100% factual. I was able to get a PS4 and two 3DS XL's at my local Walmart. By having reddit images of people successful at Walmart with items shown. I used that and the kmart ad, to allow price matching. This was after I went to 6 stores though, which were relatively close together (5-10 minutes BB, Target, Walmart)

Preciate it but how the hell did they price match it without looking it up?!
He did on his Mobile phone, He went to google and typed in "Xbox 360 4gb Kmart". The Third or fourth link was the one I told him to click on and he said, Wow! Awesome Deal Be Right Back and manager approved it. I was expecting the Peggle 2 bundle which would of been, A good deal also but I'm glad I ended up with this one.

He did on his Mobile phone, He went to google and typed in "Xbox 360 4gb Kmart". The Third link was the one I told him to click on and he said, Wow! Awesome Deal Be Right Back and manager approved it. I was expecting the Peggle 2 bundle which would of been, A good deal also but I'm glad I ended up with this one.
Okay thanks, definitely picking up a couple now. Preciate it!

He did on his Mobile phone, He went to google and typed in "Xbox 360 4gb Kmart". The Third or fourth link was the one I told him to click on and he said, Wow! Awesome Deal Be Right Back and manager approved it. I was expecting the Peggle 2 bundle which would of been, A good deal also but I'm glad I ended up with this one.
Question is, what do I tell the guy to Google for the $200 PS4? I just tried googling it myself with no luck.

And it appears Target (X360) and Walmart (PS4) are the easiest to pull off?

Prices aren't showing for any of the systems :( totally rip. Shoulda bought 3 more when the dude let me buy 1 if I had known it'd be this hard now. Oh well on to the next exploit

Welp. Was on my way to Target, and the price was gone. Target doesn't even price match KMart. Seems like I wasn't the first one because dude on the desk was a dick. Totally dismissive.

bread's done
Back