Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

The Wal-Mart in Nogales is VERY picky about price matches, even with its own web site! I don't have the money for any of these things but if I did, I probably wouldn't bother... I'd get shot down in a second.

Besides, I already have a 3DS XL. Not one of the New ones, but it works well enough.

Well tomorrow is my birthday, so I'm going to try today for some ps4 luck and see what happens.

The thing is my xbox one is more than enough, I usually don't have time to play video games as much anymore. However, how do you say no to a $200 ps4...

Went to get a 3ds today after a successful ps4 yesterday. Wasn't suprised to find all the black 3dses (3dii?) and the ps4 sold out. Either that or walmart employees wer told to take em off the shelf.

Ok so i was denied at my local Walmart because the lady said that it had to be the standard ps4 model. All they had was the Arkham Knight bundle. I went over the the Best Buy across the street with my phone and all they had was The Last of Us PS4 bundle. So I grabbed one of those and proceeded to the checkout hoping for the worse. I asked the gentleman if I can do a price-match for the system. He took a look at the phone and said if it was the same model as the one at Kmart. I said yes that's all you guys have back there. So he proceeded to adjust the price to $199.99 plus tax and I was out the door.

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 this soon but is this the cheapest the PS4 has ever been on sale? I assume even this year's black friday won't top the price so i said why the heck not. I had bestbuy giftcards too. You can't beat something like this! I was tempted to get the new 3DS XL but I'm not too interested in any of the games. I would had gotten a ps vita though. Thank you reddit and op to post this awesome deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged a $100 3DS, thanks Walmart.

Didn't take much convincing at the 2nd store.
Girl said she just sold a $200 PS4.
But can't do it again.

Just thinking about this, but if anyone could PM both the New 3DS and Splatoon, I have an extra Fallout 4 CE Preorder for the PS4 that I may trade. Comes from Amazon. Also have Zero Escape watch bundles for preorder on both systems. My local Walmart is a real pain to do ANY price matches at. Had trouble 3/3 times in the past and they were all legitimate price matches.

Regarding the PS4...

I'm not understanding what the link in the OP is...is it a "captured" link that now no longer exists in real time? I ask because if someone at Best Buy wants to go to the Kmart mobile website and just type in PS4 will the $199.99 PS4 show up? It's not showing up for me on my CPU or Android phone UNLESS I use the link in the OP here. My Best Buy 50% of the time will just look at my phone but 50% of the time they want to use their CPU. I don't want to tell them "just click the link at cheap ass gamer."
When you look at the entire URL the word "Slickdeals" is a part of the web address so I guess I answered my own question? Who knows...LOL.

When I went to the two Best Buys to get one of each, neither employee asked for a manager.  They did look for a minute at the ad, scrolling back and forth though which got me slightly worried.  A day later I'm still in semi-shock.

The two Wal Mart guys said that the website wasn't legit.  "It's m.kmart.  It's a fake website"  I replied "M just means mobile doesn't it?"

I just got a blank stare back.  They both looked like really hardcore gamers, like I'm spending entire paychecks on games hardcore.

Am I mistaken with the "M" in the website?  Although on my Galaxy it doesn't say m. anything, just says kmart.com.

When I went to the two Best Buys to get one of each, neither employee asked for a manager. They did look for a minute at the ad, scrolling back and forth though which got me slightly worried. A day later I'm still in semi-shock.

The two Wal Mart guys said that the website wasn't legit. "It's m.kmart. It's a fake website" I replied "M just means mobile doesn't it?"

I just got a blank stare back. They both looked like really hardcore gamers, like I'm spending entire paychecks on games hardcore.

Am I mistaken with the "M" in the website? Although on my Galaxy it doesn't say m. anything, just says kmart.com.
No, m is for mobile. It's part of the Kmart domain.

Was gunna grab six ps4s for a quick flip but went to 2 targets no luck they were both sold out 3 bestbuys all said they would do it if you could purchase from that screen but you cant it ends up saying out of stock and 3 walmart all of which were aware of this deal and they said thats why all their ps4s were moved into the back all of this was done in lakewood colorado

Was gunna grab six ps4s for a quick flip but went to 2 targets no luck they were both sold out 3 bestbuys all said they would do it if you could purchase from that screen but you cant it ends up saying out of stock and 3 walmart all of which were aware of this deal and they said thats why all their ps4s were moved into the back all of this was done in lakewood colorado
I guess someone came before you and spoiled the deal for you before you could spoil it for everyone else.

Trying to ruin a good thing for everybody here. Sounds like they fished out the deal because you were trying to buy 6!!! damn PS4's! Come on man.

If you're looking for sympathy from me, you'll be waiting a while.

man i should try this as I love deals, but I would feel like such a schmuck knowing if you scroll down an inch it says you can't order it.     I might as well give the cashier a $100 bill from Monopoly and a real $100 bill and hope she doesn't notice.   :)

I want to do this because it's cheap, but I didn't even use the $40 3ds that I got from warehouse deals. If anyone finds a link for a vita, let me know. Lol

man i should try this as I love to get deals, but I would feel like such a schmuck knowing this isn't a real price match. And the site even says you can't order it. Instead I will give the cashier a monopoly $100 bill and a real $100 bill and hope she doesn't notice. :)
My thing is...is it really a part of their site or is it some kind of hack job done where you have to use the specific link "provided." If it's really a part of Kmart's website then that makes it ok if someone is willing to pricematch.

man i should try this as I love deals, but I would feel like such a schmuck knowing if you scroll down an inch it says you can't order it.
Change the zip code and it won't say that - "This item is not available on mobile. Please try the desktop site or an actual store"

If you just resubmit the same zip code, it also works.

But if you refresh the whole page, it won't work.

Also I just overheard a Bestbuy manager telling the cashier that there was a memo sent out, about all 3 consoles being half off at Kmart. And not to match.

The one time I don't check this site for 24 hours.....so this is pretty much dead or naw? Mobile site says unavailable. WNet back a few pages but didn't see any one confirm it

The one time I don't check this site for 24 hours.....so this is pretty much dead or naw? Mobile site says unavailable. WNet back a few pages but didn't see any one confirm it
Try the recent link on your phone. Bring it in. See what happens. Worst case they tell you no and you leave.

:x jeebuz.. splatoon, ps4 and new 3ds is out of stock at all the stores near me that PM kmart. o.o ya'll went out in full force yo. anyone else digging through the other kmart listings to see the next big price match item? I don't have effort for that but I know there's somebody here who does. o_o do it man. sacrifice your saturday night.

:x jeebuz.. splatoon, ps4 and new 3ds is out of stock at all the stores near me that PM kmart. o.o ya'll went out in full force yo. anyone else digging through the other kmart listings to see the next big price match item? I don't have effort for that but I know there's somebody here who does. o_o do it man. sacrifice your saturday night.
The WiiU for $419.99
That's a good deal, right? :)
It comes with 2 extra games, so that's pretty cool.

Just pm'd for ps4 at best buy checked out with a girl who was more interested in talking with the security guy. She checked the ad on my phone and started searching for Kmart in the system couldn't find it asked a guy walking by if the pm'd with Kmart he said yea if it is in stock she glanced at my phone (luckily she didn't scroll down otherwise she would of seen that it is out of stock) then shrugged and changed the price easy as pie I was out of there(edit for proof)[attachment=16584:image.jpg]

I went to 1 walmart near my home .. the dude said he can't do it because it did not match with the UCI number from Kmart .. I have no idea what the heck UCI number .. suck !!!!

Wal-mart: No go, K-Mart didn't have it in stock so they wouldn't do it.

Best Buy: Price matched Splatoon no questions asked. Went back in to try PS4 they said because it wasn't the bundle they couldn't do it.

Target: They actually had non-bundle ones. The guy asked which it was, I showed him it just said $399...he said seeing as they're the same price he assumes I want the bundle. Walked out with a Batman Bundle for $200 + tax. 

tried Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Both wouldn't do it because they only have the Batman bundle in stock, and the one Kmart listed was vanilla. 

Tried walmart and the manager politely finished my sentence by saying no go on the Ps4 because its a bundle and kmart is oos.

Target then told me they dont price match kmart. Period.

Tried best buy and the cashier said shouldn't be a problem. Then a supervisor came over and quickly said we don't match Kmart. He saw the register and didn't even know what they were price matching too. So I'm guessing I wasn't the first person who's tried. Walked out with no deal.

Then walked over to target and they claim not to match Kmart.

Went to Walmart for the ps4, and the guy right away said no. He said, "no someone hacked the website and it's fake, you're the 30th person to ask today" I'll keeping checking other stores though.

Last rejection came at a best buy that was sold out of ps4s...cashier said she wouldnt have matched it anyway since she could not find the ps4 on kmarts website when she looked it up using her phone.

Stores visited: 4

Miles driven: 15

Geese chased: Countless

(UPDATE) Went to a Wal-Mart Today. Tried to price match, and was immediately told if its an xbox one from kmart then no. I walked away a little grumpy, so then i went to customer service. They got the CSN and asked what the matter was. I told her the problem and she said ok what was the ad? I show her and she just says no. There is no way she is selling it at that price. I ask her to call Kmart to make sure it was legit. She called and said she cant do it cause it was a going out of business sale. Then I was told the website was hacked. As i was walking out of the store i called a local Best Buy and they also said that deal was invalid. The conversation goes as follows:

ME: Can i get a price match on an Xbox One from Kmart

HIM: No, we arent honoring that deal.

ME: OK, What about the PS4? 

HIM: I'll ask, what was the price on it again?

ME: ummm.... 17.50

HIM: 17.50?

ME: Yes

HIM: Seventeen dollars and fifty cents...?

ME: Yes

HIM: $17 for a PS4 console? 

ME: ....Yes

HIM: *clearly mad* ill ask

HIM: *comes back* No we arent doing that. The website was hacked. 

so then i called a different best buy.  told them the situation and they were super helpful. They said if i had the webpage they would honor it. Im heading there right now. Ill let you know what happens.

Pricematched at Wal-Mart in southwest Montana earlier today. Thank you CAG! I wanted to try the New 3ds for the longest time, and finally I can give it a shot. To get 50% off of a console is something that only the internet can provide these days!

I wish I could afford a PS4 also, but I will get one of those when a sale like this comes around again. Deals like this is why CAG ROCKS! You can't even find deals like this on Black Friday. If you find a black friday deal on New 3ds XL for $100, I will stand corrected. I don't think we will see that agian anytime soon.

Wondering if I should bother trying. I already have a ps4 that I got used from AWD, but it would be nice to have a new one and I could wait for some kind of trade in promo for my old one.

bread's done
Back