Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

Wow! Kmart bring chaos to walmart, bestbuy and target. If don't have ps4 i will pm it yesterday. I'm happy with splatoon & new 3ds xl today. :) happy early holiday to everyone ;)

These kind of deals really show peoples true colors.
It doesn't bug me at all that people try to take advantage of the situation and get in on the deal. I do it myself when I can, and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get a 3ds for my daughter's birthday with this today. What is aggravating is how some folks get so upset if they get turned down. Especially when they start ranting about it. Get in on it if you can, but if you can't, get over it without typing up a page of complaints or arguing with store employees for doing their jobs, because another deal will come up down the road that you do get in on.

This is just Kmart being butthurt about companies refusing to front them new stock because they don't pay their bills. Trying to fuck over other stores. I see through to you Kmart.

It doesn't bug me at all that people try to take advantage of the situation and get in on the deal. I do it myself when I can, and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get a 3ds for my daughter's birthday with this today. What is aggravating is how some folks get so upset if they get turned down. Especially when they start ranting about it. Get in on it if you can, but if you can't, get over it without typing up a page of complaints or arguing with store employees for doing their jobs, because another deal will come up down the road that you do get in on.
My post was pointed at those people.

This is just Kmart being butthurt about companies refusing to front them new stock because they don't pay their bills. Trying to fuck over other stores. I see through to you Kmart.
Sears gets it. They sold off their Real Estate to get cash and now to be profitable making other stores lose money.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st i scored mario party 10 $25. Today i scored splatoon $30. Before i pay off my splatoon i asked the cashier new 3ds xl is worth $100 upgrade? The cashier responsed: i sold 1 for $100 today. Can i get 1 too? The cashier: sure and swing to the cage scan the new 3ds xl and adjusted down $100. I paid it off asap and waits for supervisor unlock the cage for my new 3ds xl. Can't beat that :)
Which Best Buy, Masterkyo? I'm nearby :)

That Ps4 is mighty tempting, I drove around for a few hours but I unfortunately have nothing to show for it. Perhaps on Black Friday...?

Change the zip code and it won't say that - "This item is not available on mobile. Please try the desktop site or an actual store"

If you just resubmit the same zip code, it also works.

But if you refresh the whole page, it won't work.
No way. I might have tried it today. Instead I exercised. Ah well I feel better. And thanks for the info!!!

Definitely snagged a new 3ds for my wife and I today at Best Buy and got the price match adjusted without batting an eye/any questioning.

Just pm'd for ps4 at best buy checked out with a girl who was more interested in talking with the security guy. She checked the ad on my phone and started searching for Kmart in the system couldn't find it asked a guy walking by if the pm'd with Kmart he said yea if it is in stock she glanced at my phone (luckily she didn't scroll down otherwise she would of seen that it is out of stock) then shrugged and changed the price easy as pie I was out of there(edit for proof) image.jpg
That appears to be a cuh 1200, is it?

It says "New" next to it, on BBY.com - SKU: 4331776
Didn't see it in store today, but it's available for pickup over here.
I noticed it was different by the way the controller is on the box lol,been wanting a cuh 1200

Edit: there are in stock at best buy near me, to bad no way to check Wal-Mart

So these prices are only showing up on mobile when you click the link? I cant find either one when I search on a computer and thats what my best buy does to confirm a deal before they pm.

wtf is with these prices? Kmart is actually selling them for this or is it online only? Good on anyone that can actually get other retailers to PM this.

Damn denied. First Target says they don't price match Kmart and he showed me the terms, then Walmart and they said the same thing and at BB they said they wouldn't be willing to on such a large price difference and since the "Manager or Supervisor" and I are on good terms I would rather not push it but they did match Splatoon though which will go into my backlog.

Went to a 24-Hour WalMart, the lady in electronics was all set to PM for me but was unable to because there was no PS4 Box on Kmart's website and all they had was the Batman bundle. I'll try again in the morning on my way to work, hopefully it works but if not then no worries.

Wow! I got one! Shocked.. I went to the Wal-Mart I always go to. They only had one batman bundle in the cabinet. All I said was I'm here to price match a sale that kmart was having on the $399 ps4. Told him I didn't want to drive way up to kmart to get one and they were closing soon. The cashier got it set up for me and had to call someone above him to authorize it. That guy looked at my cellphone on the page for awhile but then was like wow that is a deal. I think cause I kept mentioning the $399 price they didn't question the bundle. Super excited! I'm set for Dragon Quest Heroes in October!! :)

Initially came to this thread when it just featured the New 3DS XL for $100 out of general curiosity and interest; I already have a New 3DS XL, Limited Edition Majora's Mask one, but then became predominately interested in the PS4, which I notice the thread has been updated and re-titled accordingly

Went to Toys'R'Us within their first hour of opening this morning

They were out of PS4's, both The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Knight ones, and of course no standalone consoles either. They had plenty of New 3DS XL's though. Nobody was over in gaming, it looked like there was only one person on register too from what I can tell in their checkout aisles, they seemed a little oddly busy for a barely a half hour into opening, albeit on a Saturday morning. I don't if they had a call of or were just understaffed or what, but the single open register was backed up a few 4 or 5 people, I couldn't really tell what was happening, if anything at "guest services" by the front entrance of the store, I know there were two girls over there when I came in, one of whom would go on to help me later. 

Anyways, I sent out an assistance page in gaming via one of their price checkers which has the option through the appropriate button, though the device itself was actually little ways off where actual signage hanging from above informing of this ability dictated. I still ended up waiting probably a good 10 minutes to get acknowledged, the page went over the loud speaker, and would repeat every few minutes, adding an additional dinging noise each time before it actually announced the "customer needs assistance in gaming." I was quickly being reminded why I never go to Toys'R'Us, in addition to some of their ridiculous mark-ups and lackluster rewards and sales, be on video games for me or when I go for toys or trading cards for my nieces or nephews.

But alas! A girl came over, acknowledged me and asked if I needed help in gaming, to which I politely replied "Yes, please." She cheerily told me she would be right with me just as soon as she took care of another gentleman, who had followed her over to the register from the guest services desk. After she rang up his transaction or whatever on the POS lickity split, she came over to me, I told I just wanted a New 3DS XL, in black, (per the Kmart ad), she double checked to make sure she had a black one and everything when she pulled it, and just doubled checked I asked for the 3DS and not the 2DS as she did too before we went to the register. (Some less gamer-inclined or just unattentive or apathetic associates might not pick up on the difference between the 3DS XL and "New" 3DS XL, not that she was the latter of these by any means; she was awesome. They didn't have any regular 3DS XL's in stock any how from what I can tell, but its just good advice to have for personal visits, thought I'm sure I don't have to say that for anybody here).

Followed her over to the gaming desk, she asked about some protection plan which I politely declined, then told her I would like to price match Kmart. She said no problem, showed her proof of price on my phone with the link, she said no problem, just need a supervisor to approve it. She called for a manager, who came over pretty quickly, with the associate thanking for my patience, her being cheery and polite in the meantime while we waited. I showed the manager price on my phone, they talked it for a sec for themselves, the associate saying "I knew I'd need the approval anyway, and when I saw the price I knew I'd definitely need it. (Don't know what the hell that means, you either need the actual approval or you don't.) The manager asked to see my phone, scrolled up and down the page, and said, albeit mildly, mildly agitated and defeated (which she had an exasperated look on her face when she came over, so could've been from a prior issue. She was a little older probably early thirties or maybe even older, and was pregnant, probably in her second trimester, so I'm sure its not fun running around like chicken with your head cut off in a retail environment full time under those circumstances, so it could've just been from that too.) "yeah, the price is there." and did the override. Swiped my card and signed and was out the door while thanking the associate for being awesome.

Overall, probably took about 20 minutes. Longer than it should have, maybe, but the sweetness of the deal offsets it.

After that, I decided I would next check Walmart for PS4s of any kind. We have two Walmarts where I live within 20 minutes of each other. One is in the main "city" (I put in quotations because how city like and bustling it is vs. some "towns, suburbs, or boroughs" is questionable) and one is in a "suburb" a little bit off the interstate. The "city" one is bigger, but has a notorious reputation for being ghetto as hell, both employees and customers alike, while the other is smaller, and has a smaller selection on most things, with the exception of maybe groceries, (which I think they actually might have more of (I know they have a different selection and some things the other one doesn't carry.) less checkouts, no self-checkout, etc. but it is in a better neighborhood, and the employees there are usually more helpful, intelligent, and sane. So I went to the ghetto one with hopes that the employees would be just dumb enough to not check or realize the difference from the Batman Bundle to the stand alone PS4 displayed on the site but not stupid or batshit crazy enough to just spew out nonsensical bullshit that I've seen in this thread like "the website is fake, the m.kmart isn't real Kmart."

Went to Walmart, darted back to electronics. two associates were with customers, one was finishing up. They were pretty busy in the front end of the store (checkouts mainly, customer service wasn't really backed up or anything) for it not even being 11 AM but electronics was pretty tame. 
Older gentleman associate (who had "Rev" in front of his name. Don't know if it was for Reverend, or if it was part of his first name. This is Walmart so there usually are no rules on anything at all. Kill someone? Go to Walmart. Anything goes) he came over to me and asked if I needed help. I asked if I could get a PS4. Pulled it, went over to the register where he finished up a transaction with some else who was waiting in line (I think he knew him, he called him "Father something" I didn't quite catch the name, the Reverend was an African American gentleman, had the  sort of stereotype Reverend vibe.)  After he finished the transaction, I was next, he started scanning the console and then I told him I'd like to do a price match to Kmart. He got snippy with me, I shit you not, and told me "Next time tell me before hand because now I gotta start all over." (No idea what "starting over" constitutes or what Walmart POS is like, but it literally took him all of 10 seconds to be ready to check the proof of price on my phone for a price match. I showed him, he scrolled through  it, showed him it was for our ZIP code and everything, and he asked if was the Batman Bundle, and I tried to be as confident sounding as could and lied through my teeth and said yes, which he then said that they would have to "check on this" and to come with him to the front of the store, with junior detective wording like that having me think that I'm gonna get arrested and thrown in walmart jail or condemned to hell by the reverend or something.

We went to the front of the store, him talking about how this could be a "heck of a deal" if its the Batman Bundle with a more excited good for you thats a good sale voice then the junior detective tone earlier and he spoke with what I assume to be the Customer Service Manager or Lead or whatever, who was near the registers checking on change and explained the situation to her, and she was just like "yeah, we'll have to check for that." in a sort of agitated tone the smelled more of "I trust the customer but we have to jump through this corporate set hoops because people (like myself) are dishonest and one bad egg spoils the whole bunch." kind of tone. She brings out her smartphone and starts searching on kmart, cursing at associates over her radio (and in front of me) and swearing under her breath (loudly as if in conversation and in front of me). she said we could go over to customer service where she got behind a register there and kept searching, swearing at her phone, getting agitated with it saying the usual "come on you stupid thing. why can't they ever work right when you need them to?" kind of small talk with me. Then she just finally asked to check my phone. She scrolled through it and said she couldn't do it because it isn't the Batman Bundle. I thought about fighting it, but I didn't know what angle to take, I thought about saying something about the "trauma" I endure with her cursing (I'm fine with it and understand 100% with what she was probably dealing with but it is unprofessional and I usually josh around with a customer and get a read with them before I even dare think of using a profanity in front of them or in conversation with them, usually if they curse talking with you its a safe sign) but I'm not good at being a colossal asshole; trying to price match what is really to different skus and not really the same item was dick-ish enough for me  and I didn't want getting "arrested" or "banned" from Walmart land or maybe murder because again there are no rules at Walmart.  I asked if the regular one was available she said she wouldn't know and it would be more the other gentleman's turf (They only had Batman ones in electronics), so defeated, I politely thanked her and left the store.

To be fair, she's right. I'm trying to price match an apple with an orange. Congratulations to anybody that got a price match on the Playstation, even more so than the price you have understand the push back because they are to different packages and it is kind of shifty, just like if you got pushback on a trying to pm on a red New 3DS XL when the Kmart ad says its for the black. Definitely shouldn't get that pushback on a New 3DS XL though regardless because they are just the same, just different colors, no bundles or "Limited Edition" or anything. They are the same items in this case.

Didn't try any Best Buys. I have two within about 35 or so minutes of each other.  My local one that is only 15 minutes away from home is usually good about checking these things; they haven't been one of the top 20 stores in the company for the best several months for nothing. I don't think I'd get the PS4 through there, manager override needed or not, but I think I can manage another New 3DS XL as long as its the black one. I could try the one that's farther away, there's usually less foot traffic there and the whole store is just....feels like its dying and the floor lay out is awkward (gaming is literally dead center in the store, there's no middle aisle or walkway, there's just gaming that you have to go through or walk around.) and the associates usually seem to care less, they might do the PS4. Time will tell when have time to drive up there either Sunday or Monday.

TL;DR: Yay Toys'R'Us. Booo Walmart. Didn't try Best Buy. Good luck trying to price match what is really to separate items and congratulations to those that do.

This makes me sad.
I've wanted a PS4 or an xbox1 for so long now. Or even a 3ds. But since it's 2:30am I am probably screwed.

Any luck in the Inland Empire or San Jose area?

Something tells me Milt95 has no friends.
Damn man, just trying to provide as much information as possible so people can plan successful attack strategy and foster the success of scoring the deal for everyone. Knowledge is power, I also gave tldr version

Damn man, just trying to provide as much information as possible so people can plan successful attack strategy and foster the success of scoring the deal for everyone. Knowledge is power, I also gave tldr version
It read like the ramblings of a mad man.

Tried my luck @ 2 Best Buys.

1st: Was told people already tried this, and local Kmart was OOS. Clerk proceeded to ramble off nearly the entire PM policy from memory.

2nd: CS guy was totally game, but shot it down because "Best Buy doesn't stock the basic PS4 anymore. Just bundles".

I realize now I should've tried to get the Batman bundle and offer to pay the $60 for the included game...

So i got the Last of Us PS4 bundle and it came with a matte disc drive finish. Is this a new slimmer model or something? Anyone else get this version also?

So i got the Last of Us PS4 bundle and it came with a matte disc drive finish. Is this a new slimmer model or something? Anyone else get this version also?
Should be the revision, slightly improved internal stuff, look for cuh 12xx on the box somewhere, box should be slightly different too

Why do I get the feeling that K Mary is just trolling other retailers. Now they'll just put up stuff they don't have on stock for 50-75% off.

Sucks not being able to get in on these kinds of deals, especially when some are able to buy 2+ of these systems. Didn't even bother trying out the stores in my area. It's funny how competent or questioning the employees can be when it comes to things like this, but so ridiculously incompetent in basic aspects of how to do their jobs (like putting things in a goddamn bag or other simple matters). A lot of these type of employees just swear that these mega companies give a damn about them. Not even wasting gas on the same old same old bullshit this time.

Independence, mo. Also, lees summit bestbuy very cool too. Just show the cashier kmart link from page 1 :)

Sweet. I'm right next to Arrowhead Stadium. Might drive by and give it a shot :) Thanks!
have either of you been in the independence kmarts lately? are they bone dry? not necessarily of these deals but just the gaming section in general. i keep wanting to drive down but its like a half hour drive and i didnt want to make the trip and come back empty handed.

Got the New 3DS price matched at Target here in West Virginia, it felt too easy, but so good.

The gal behind the counter wanted to talk about how technology keeps updating and how upset she was about phones updating. I didn't know what to say back to her.

bread's done
Back