Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

I just texted some guy on Craigslist selling the Arkham Knight bundle new for $300. He bought it at the same fucking Walmart I just tried to price match my game and got it for the $200 price point. I guess I'm just ugly.
Its what's on the inside that counts, but we knew that BMW was compensating for something

The deal is still very much alive in Springfield, IL. Was able to PM at Walmart. For the $100 3DS, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a new 3ds xl an hour ago with this.  Still works.  

I got motivated to go to BB to try this after I was banned from GCU.   OR I think I was.  Not positive yet.  But was enough to motivate me.

Thanks to CAGS (Cnstntidnty) for tip on reentering zip code on the kmart site. 

l1qlxJb.jpg

So I walk to electronics, pick out the Batman bundle out the case. We go to the register and I give them the kmart ad and ask for a price match. They were stunned. They said unfortunately they couldn't do the price match because it wasn't the exact same system since it was just the vanilla system on kmart. I ask if they can check in back for just the PS4, no bundle.
The associate walks out glowing like Jesus Christ himself with this box in his hand, claiming it must have been overstock from last black friday.

They call for a manager. That manager then ends up calling for a manager. They have a huddle and to my surprise they end up doing it.
2 managers and 3 electronics associates stare as I walk away from the counter, PS4 and receipt in hand.

God bless America.
Use the savings to buy yourself a gold victory trophy for CAG of the year you beautiful bastard.

Just bought a new 3ds xl an hour ago with this. Still works.

I got motivated to go to BB to try this after I was banned from GCU. OR I think I was. Not positive yet. But was enough to motivate me.

Thanks to CAGS for tip on reentering zip code on the kmart site.
So how exactly are people doing this? Does there have to be a kmart in the area with a ps4 in order to do it? And whats this about reentering a zip code?

I'm tempted to go try it with a ps4 at a few walmarts but I highly doubt it will happen. I know it's not gonna happen at any of the best buy's in my area.

Tempting. You have to use Paypal, so you should be covered if it turns out to be a scam. Not sure I want to take the risk though.
Decided to take a shot at it, since like you said, I can report to Paypal if something shady goes down. I'll let you all know how things turn out.

I got lucky with the 3DS at my local Walmart.  Got it to the register and said I was doing a price match.  Guy asked from where, and I said K-Mart as I pulled out my phone to show him.  He asked me if they had it in stock and to hit the "Add to Cart" button.  When it showed "Not in-stock," he said he could only price match if it was in stock.  I asked, "If I could order it straight from their site, why would I bother coming here to price match it instead of getting it from them?"  He called a manager.  Manager showed up, I showed him the page on the phone, he scrolled up and down a bit and then told the guy to give it to me.

It's nice, I just wish there had been a link for the red one, as the black one grabs fingerprints like nobody's business.

Decided to take a shot at it, since like you said, I can report to Paypal if something shady goes down. I'll let you all know how things turn out.
I want to but I am worried that because the description says 'digital game bundle' that Paypal will not cover if there is a problem.

l1qlxJb.jpg

So I walk to electronics, pick out the Batman bundle out the case. We go to the register and I give them the kmart ad and ask for a price match. They were stunned. They said unfortunately they couldn't do the price match because it wasn't the exact same system since it was just the vanilla system on kmart. I ask if they can check in back for just the PS4, no bundle.

The associate walks out glowing like Jesus Christ himself with this box in his hand, claiming it must have been overstock from last black friday.

They call for a manager. That manager then ends up calling for a manager. They have a huddle and to my surprise they end up doing it.

2 managers and 3 electronics associates stare as I walk away from the counter, PS4 and receipt in hand.

God bless America.
Well, im glad someone could make use of the $17 zip code thing i found. I tried it at 4 different stores and got shut down at each. :/

I am impressed by little. However, working the system to score a PS4 for $17.50 doesn't warrant respect, it demands it.

Guy's not a fuckin' boss, he's the fuckin' Big Boss.

I wanted to jump on it, but it does seem shady. The website about the company is very bare bones and some links on the website leads to 404 errors. Seems too good to be true to have a game and 1 year of plus to come with it.

I want to but I am worried that because the description says 'digital game bundle' that Paypal will not cover if there is a problem.
Oh they will.

I learned that the hard way. I had sold some Amazon cards on eBay, surprisingly nobody ever said anything throughout the years, that's a big no-no in the eBay community I had no idea about. Someone paid me, I sent the code via message and also sent the card, they filed a chargeback, of course the money got taken. I provided proof, then later called PayPal. They said oh yeah we'll cover you, you provided proof so no worries.

Fast forward a few days and they sided with the buyer. When I called it was "oh..well it was fraudulent on their end. But you could've just shipped them a blank card."

I said okay, despite me providing proof, being a top rated seller, and it being a stolen credit card you won't side with me? No, we do not protect sellers of digital goods.

I do not sell ANY codes on eBay unless it's something like a demo code or something $10 or less I'm likely not going to have many scammers after or I don't mind eating if that situation occurs again.

l1qlxJb.jpg

God bless America.
Someone is TOTALLY getting fired over that

Is it wrong to automatically assume that lurkers posting about buying doubles are from SD? Maybe. But my CAG training tells me no. :p

Before my time at CAG, I would've dropped the term "resellers," but that doesn't completely cover the SD-style abuse.
I wish I could have known CAG.com in it's touted golden days, before the SD mentality took over.

I thought it best to only go for a single N3DS XL since that's all I'll be using. Although, I do have a spare Last of Us PS4 Bundle from a PS3 trade-in deal a while back I'm not using. Feel free to PM me if interested.
Except CAG is practically SD now. That's why I said it's funny you put all the blame on SD when I say half the blame goes there and the other half here.

Never call first. It tips them off. Not only do you lose the element of surprise, you risk the employee buying it for themselves.

My experience with price-matching anything is that the store often checks with a fine-tooth comb whether or not it's the exact same item.  Up to you if you want to risk it (I didn't.)  If all they have is red, and no black, then what have you got to lose?

Very true.  Okay, I am going to pull both items up on my phone and head to Target.  I will report back here.

Except CAG is practically SD now. That's why I said it's funny you put all the blame on SD when I say half the blame goes there and the other half here.
I'd like to be a bit more optimistic where CAG is concerned, since the SD thread is consumed by money-grubbing resellers. But I do agree with you that CAG isn't blameless.

I'd like to be a bit more optimistic where CAG is concerned, since the SD thread is consumed by money-grubbing resellers. But I do agree with you that CAG isn't blameless.
I've lost hope in this site as I've seen it get worse and not any better. At this point I come for news of deals(actual deals not stuff like this) or when CE go live.

I've lost hope in this site as I've seen it get worse and not any better. At this point I come for news of deals(actual deals not stuff like this) or when CE go live.
Ive been a member for almost 10 years imagine the change ive seen... this site is a far cry from what it used to be...

Without having to read through this whole thread, is this legit and does it still work?
Define "legit." It's from K-Mart, but since they got out of the game selling business months ago, it seems likely that they offered these deals to cause headaches for the competition. They're still selling video games online, but good luck finding them at these prices!

Does it work? I just got a New 3DS XL for $100 this morning, so yeah, it works. Sometimes. There's no guarantee that it will work for you... you just have to find the perfect storm of generous/indifferent cashiers and an out of the way location few others visit. I was lucky because Nogales is a border town and not exactly an entertainment hotspot. There's not a lot of demand for video games so what's available doesn't move very quickly.

I had similar luck with an (Old) 3DS XL deal at a Target in Sierra Vista late last year. We're talking New Year's Eve late. I asked the cashier at the electronics department if he had any half-priced systems left and sure enough, there were a few units in the back. Your best bet is to find a store that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic and doesn't get much attention from corporate. I got my New 3DS XL even though K-Mart's mobile site said it was out of stock, because the Wal-Mart cashier was pretty intent on matching the price and the manager just didn't seem to care. You may not be so lucky, though. The managers who take their jobs very seriously will check the fine print and won't let you have the deal if it violates their price match guidelines.

And nobody's going to let you have a twenty dollar PS4. That was a huge fluke and a series of happy coincidences that worked in the shopper's favor. I haven't seen a barebones PS4 in who knows how long.

Just tried at a local Walmart, struck out and they told me something something "fake ads" something something..  Ah well.  I was having trouble 'searching' for the item on my phone too, so I understand why they couldn't do the match with just my link.

Define "legit." It's from K-Mart, but since they got out of the game selling business months ago, it seems likely that they offered these deals to cause headaches for the competition. They're still selling video games online, but good luck finding them at these prices!

Does it work? I just got a New 3DS XL for $100 this morning, so yeah, it works. Sometimes. There's no guarantee that it will work for you... you just have to find the perfect storm of generous/indifferent cashiers and an out of the way location few others visit. I was lucky because Nogales is a border town and not exactly an entertainment hotspot. There's not a lot of demand for video games so what's available doesn't move very quickly.

I had similar luck with an (Old) 3DS XL deal at a Target in Sierra Vista late last year. We're talking New Year's Eve late. I asked the cashier at the electronics department if he had any half-priced systems left and sure enough, there were a few units in the back. Your best bet is to find a store that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic and doesn't get much attention from corporate. I got my New 3DS XL even though K-Mart's mobile site said it was out of stock, because the Wal-Mart cashier was pretty intent on matching the price and the manager just didn't seem to care. You may not be so lucky, though. The managers who take their jobs very seriously will check the fine print and won't let you have the deal if it violates their price match guidelines.

And nobody's going to let you have a twenty dollar PS4. That was a huge fluke and a series of happy coincidences that worked in the shopper's favor. I haven't seen a barebones PS4 in who knows how long.
I have a $20 PS4 on hold right now from Wal-Mart. Im heading to pick it up. I called and explained the situation and they said sounds weird but they would honor it! :) Ill update

My experience with price-matching anything is that the store often checks with a fine-tooth comb whether or not it's the exact same item. Up to you if you want to risk it (I didn't.) If all they have is red, and no black, then what have you got to lose?
Not trying to instigate but what do you mean by "risk it"?

But that's just it though... these items CAN'T be found at either the primary K-mart.com website, or on their mobile site for that matter. Therefore the links provided in the OP are either outdated/invalid, or suspect at best.

Every time I've done a price match at any retailer, the sales associates or managers doing it would usually verify the price by using their own device (a computer, tablet, or smartphone) to see if the item comes up live in their navigation of the site, and then decide whether or not to grant the PM.

The people who are posting that they got these deals are damned lucky to have found employees who aren't doing their job properly and using the customer's phone as a reference. Many of these employees will have to answer for this, especially the one(s) who decided to give that guy the PS4 for $17.50. If I was the store manager, or even the assistant manager or associate who was ultimately in charge of making that call, I would've used some excuse, ANY excuse to deny that sale!

Just went to Best Buy in Watertown, MA. Manager came over, could not pull it up on her cell phone or desktop. I showed her the ad on my cell phone, and she said "it HAS TO BE IN STOCK on their website and it is not." Since K-Mart is sold out, she would not do it. She also said several people have tried to purchase one at their store today (other CAGS?). I walked over to Target and asked customer service if they price match K-Mart. She said "no, only BestBuy, Walmart, Amazon, ToysRUs..." and a couple of others. The only way they would price match K-Mart is with a physical ad in hand. Oh well, first time being denied a CAG deal. I will try a different store tomorrow!

I'm at Target right now. They told me they no longer carry that model playstation. I also can't find it at Best Buy or Walmart. They do have a new 3ds though so I'll try to get that.

Unfortunately CAG is just SD now with a different name since the owners/admins/mods allow the flipper/reseller talk. It should all be banned and not allowed to be discussed, as it used to be. Ya knows, DEALS, not "#howmuchmoneycanimake

bread's done
Back