Kmart: New 3DS XL $100, PS4 $200, Splatoon $30

No one has answered my question. How are people finding that basic Playstation 4 Model in stores? Every site I go to only has the bundled versions. No basic PS4 left. I've called the stores too and they all say the same thing.

I'm not sure what's funnier...this topic, people trying to get in on this deal, or this gif:

143.gif

Yes, actually. Right-click where it says "Out of Stock" and select Inspect Element. Change the code to the following: In Stock for Shipping

EDIT: Another thought... if you're actually going to do this, why not modify the price as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please mods and admins, ban this nonsense already. Letting it run rampant is perpetuating fraud.
everyone who bought one is pretty much doing the SAME EXACT THING, it's just them getting stupid employees to get them to agree to selling it.

why not just shut down the whole damn site?

Yes, actually. Right-click where it says "Out of Stock" and select Inspect Element. Change the code to the following: <span ng-show="fulfillmentMethod != 'pickup'">In Stock for Shipping</span>

EDIT: Another thought... if you're actually going to do this, why not modify the price as well?
nah, im fine with $100, i just want a better chance at getting it because it says its in stock.

everyone who bought one is pretty much doing the SAME EXACT THING, it's just them getting stupid employees to get them to agree to selling it.

why not just shut down the whole damn site?
There is a big difference between using the kmart website as it stands and hoping an employee lets you match it and modifying a site yourself to trick an employee into giving you the deal. The K-Mart price of $100 for the N3DSXL is technically legit, except for the fact that it is OOS. If a Wal-Mart or BBY employee still matches it without thoroughly checking it that's on them. But now you're trying to modify a legit site in order to pull the wool over their eyes.

No one has answered my question. How are people finding that basic Playstation 4 Model in stores? Every site I go to only has the bundled versions. No basic PS4 left. I've called the stores too and they all say the same thing.
Yeah, in most cases there are only the PS4 bundles that are available now, but there are (or rather were) a few of the console only packages left in some of these retail stores all over the country. I'm pretty sure they've been snatched up by now though. In other cases, people might be having luck getting employees to PM the bundled PS4s, even though the one shown on the K-Mart link is not a bundle.

There is a big difference between using the kmart website as it stands and hoping an employee lets you match it and modifying a site yourself to trick an employee into giving you the deal. The K-Mart price of $100 for the N3DSXL is technically legit, except for the fact that it is OOS. If a Wal-Mart or BBY employee still matches it without thoroughly checking it that's on them. But now you're trying to modify a legit site in order to pull the wool over their eyes.
which you are doing too, saying stuff like "oh, well it says it's out of stock, but give it to me anyway". yeah, it is up to them, but its still just as wrong, so everyone is going to jail now, ok? we are all flippers and scammers, etc etc etc.

Without going tbru this topic, as a new yorker I shouldn't even bother trying to go for this at all.right?

I was going to go for the 3ds.

In the few things I read, the best buy people will be all over this by now right

which you are doing too, saying stuff like "oh, well it says it's out of stock, but give it to me anyway". yeah, it is up to them, but its still just as wrong, so everyone is going to jail now, ok? we are all flippers and scammers, etc etc etc.
Shut up.

No one would go to jail over this.....

I just hope I can PM Splatoon at Best Buy, $30 is the magic price for me on this game and I didn't think I'd see it drop for awhile.

[quote name="Sigma" post="12870116" timestamp="1439832478"]No one would go to jail over this.....

I just hope I can PM Splatoon at Best Buy, $30 is the magic price for me on this game and I didn't think I'd see it drop for awhile. [/quote]
I was successful PMing on Saturday. This might have been before all the craziness happened though.

No one would go to jail over this.....

I just hope I can PM Splatoon at Best Buy, $30 is the magic price for me on this game and I didn't think I'd see it drop for awhile.
I PMd at Walmart with no issues, I recommend finding a lower-trafficked one and going there, if you have one nearby anyway.

Bad luck in my area at Best Buy...BUT if the Wal-Mart near my house had either the PS4 or N3DS we would've gotten them.

Yeah, in most cases there are only the PS4 bundles that are available now, but there are (or rather were) a few of the console only packages left in some of these retail stores all over the country. I'm pretty sure they've been snatched up by now though. In other cases, people might be having luck getting employees to PM the bundled PS4s, even though the one shown on the K-Mart link is not a bundle.
Okay, thanks.

Dude you have a better chance of getting a blowjob from the manager and cute cashier than a 17$ PS4

If someone could pull this off you would be a legend lol

When you type in the Zip Code 96784 the PS4 comes out to $17.50. Oh please. Oh please let me PM this.

(UPDATE) Went to a Wal-Mart Today. Tried to price match, and was immediately told if its an xbox one from kmart then no. I walked away a little grumpy, so then i went to customer service. They got the CSN and asked what the matter was. I told her the problem and she said ok what was the ad? I show her and she just says no. There is no way she is selling it at that price. I ask her to call Kmart to make sure it was legit. She called and said she cant do it cause it was a going out of business sale. Then I was told the website was hacked. As i was walking out of the store i called a local Best Buy and they also said that deal was invalid. The conversation goes as follows:

ME: Can i get a price match on an Xbox One from Kmart

HIM: No, we arent honoring that deal.

ME: OK, What about the PS4?

HIM: I'll ask, what was the price on it again?

ME: ummm.... 17.50

HIM: 17.50?

ME: Yes

HIM: Seventeen dollars and fifty cents...?

ME: Yes

HIM: $17 for a PS4 console?

ME: ....Yes

HIM: *clearly mad* ill ask

HIM: *comes back* No we arent doing that. The website was hacked.

so then i called a different best buy. told them the situation and they were super helpful. They said if i had the webpage they would honor it. Im heading there right now. Ill let you know what happens.

GUYS! I did the unthinkable, I got the PS4 for $17.50!!!

Eighty year-old lady at Walmart didn't even notice the price difference. I got in and out in five minutes. Thanked her for her help and was on my way... posted receipt below as proof.

attachicon.gif
Capture.PNG

l1qlxJb.jpg

So I walk to electronics, pick out the Batman bundle out the case. We go to the register and I give them the kmart ad and ask for a price match. They were stunned. They said unfortunately they couldn't do the price match because it wasn't the exact same system since it was just the vanilla system on kmart. I ask if they can check in back for just the PS4, no bundle.

The associate walks out glowing like Jesus Christ himself with this box in his hand, claiming it must have been overstock from last black friday.

They call for a manager. That manager then ends up calling for a manager. They have a huddle and to my surprise they end up doing it.

2 managers and 3 electronics associates stare as I walk away from the counter, PS4 and receipt in hand.

God bless America.
Ahhhhhhh I'll proudly accept that legend status now, if ya dont mind ;)

PMed at $200 at Target (19468, they still have 3 non-bundled ones left, so grab 'em if you can); they didn't give me any problems and the manager approved the PM without giving it any real thought. 

Edit: Also, for future reference, those of you complaining that there aren't any non-bundled ones left, you need to use a tool like Brickseek or the Wal-mart equivalent if you want to find where a specific SKU is in stock. 

What are you on about? It's like saying "Hey sir, we can't give you a million dollars for nothing in return but you want it so here you go". It's their fault if they saw it wasn't in stock, called to confirm or couldn't find the link for it but still gave it to you b/c you "demanded it" (which I doubt anyone here would do).

So is the link to a modified site and not the Kmart site? Several of us who have tried to get the price matched have asked this and your post is the closest i've seen to an answer. And why is the DS legit if the others are not? The $100 DS can only be found using the link just like the others.

You need a ban. Partly for advocating fraud. Mostly for being stupid.

So is the link to a modified site and not the Kmart site? Several of us who have tried to get the price matched have asked this and your post is the closest i've seen to an answer.
It appears to me that it is simply a neglected section of K-Mart's website. Think of it as a "ghost" page, a page that they no longer care about. They have removed all of the listings from their desktop site, but whomever is in charge of the mobile site basically forgot. Now these prices are continuing to show the incremental decreases from the closeout of the electronics department.

Essentially it's correct clearance pricing for product that they don't have, but the listings shouldn't be there.

It appears to me that it is simply a neglected section of K-Mart's website. Think of it as a "ghost" page, a page that they no longer care about. They have removed all of the listings from their desktop site, but whomever is in charge of the mobile site basically forgot. Now these prices are continuing to show the incremental decreases from the closeout of the electronics department.

Essentially it's correct clearance pricing for product that they don't have, but the listings shouldn't be there.
Couldn't have said it better myself

PMed at $200 at Target (19468, they still have 3 non-bundled ones left, so grab 'em if you can); they didn't give me any problems and the manager approved the PM without giving it any real thought.

Edit: Also, for future reference, those of you complaining that there aren't any non-bundled ones left, you need to use a tool like Brickseek or the Wal-mart equivalent if you want to find where a specific SKU is in stock.
Hi. How do I use brickseek? I am also trying to find a Target in my area, Orange County, CA 92683 zip code. I am on the site now. How do I find the DCPI or UPC number to search Target?

So is the link to a modified site and not the Kmart site? Several of us who have tried to get the price matched have asked this and your post is the closest i've seen to an answer. And why is the DS legit if the others are not? The $100 DS can only be found using the link just like the others.
The link is legit and so are the prices. Kmart takes off links from their desktop site when it sells out online and isn't coming back in stock. The mobile links stay though (no reason why, they just do though they can't be easily searched for).

As for the prices, Kmart / Sears has been eliminating games from their stores for a few months now. Stores still have games in there though that they just haven't sold. Because there is still stock of it somewhere, it gets reduced in price in store (and in turn online) to help to get it out of the store.

All the prices are legitimate price drops by Kmart / Sears (not some 3rd party who sells on the sites). Even more proof of that is the different prices from different zip codes. Those lower prices have had those items sit longer in the store and thus have a lower price. The reason why the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle is $25 at all stores (by the looks of it) b/c it has been in stores the longest and has hit 90% off. Same reason why PS4's are either $200 or $17.50.

So no, this is not a scam. Kmart is not trying to stick it to stores with price matches. This is a common occurrence for Kmart and happens for a multitude of their products.

Hi. How do I use brickseek? I am also trying to find a Target in my area, Orange County, CA 92683 zip code. I am on the site now. How do I find the DCPI or UPC number to search Target?
There should be a link below the Zip and Search boxes that says "Need Help Finding a DPCI? Search Here"; click on "Search Here" and it should open a search window.

Personally, I just looked on the Target page of the unbundled black PS4 and found the DPCI there. If you probe around you could find it that way too.

Yeah I found it.  Nothing in my area.  The closest stores that have it are over an hour away.  With the gas it would cost to get there and back, assuming they even pm, it's not worth it to me. I tried it for Wal-Mart too and nothing came up. Thanks for letting me know about that site.

Decided to try for the New 3DS XL after my disappointing experiences on WHD (Ordered 3 to date, two of them were old XL's the other in dire shape).

Stopped at Best Buy, associate is super friendly, totally ready to do the deal but needs manager override.  Manager checks my phone, notices the text on my phone that says "not available on mobile" and decided to check the desktop site.  Couldn't get it to come up and it didn't fly.

Tried Wal-Mart next door, sales associate is not super friendly, immediately knew about the deal and said they aren't supposed to match clearance.  A manager happened to be nearby and came over to check, "Wow, what a deal!" and was all about it 0_o.. Out the door, $106.00!

Also a helpful tip, if you enter the zip code on the site, the "not available on mobile" disappears, which I found out playing with the site after BB. May help :)

Just read this whole topic and surprised by how many people actually got a $200 PS4. Figured there was no shot at me finding one but gave it a shot anyways.

Walmart electronics guy told me they don't price match Kmart.

Toys R Us manager was thinking about doing it until the cashier told her that they ran into the same problem the other day. Since it wasn't the bundle the other manager told him not to do it. So that ended any chance I had there. 

Best Buy cashier told me they can't do it because it's Kmart's going out of business sale. She also said a ton of people called in yesterday asking if they would price match it. 

The downside of living in a heavy CAG/SD area if you don't get on a deal right away it probably wont happen. May try it tomorrow in a different area.

I know others answered your question, but since you quoted me I will respond.

The link in this thread is 100% legit except for it being OOS. This would negate ANY store from price matching per policy, but some employees don't care. This clown wanted to modify the K-Mart site (on his end) to trick the employees even more. Aka fraud.

I know others answered your question, but since you quoted me I will respond.

The link in this thread is 100% legit except for it being OOS. This would negate ANY store from price matching per policy, but some employees don't care. This clown wanted to modify the K-Mart site (on his end) to trick the employees even more. Aka fraud.

Price matching policies are a legitimate tool used by shoppers to get the best deals on items without driving all over the fucking place to get them.  What is going on here is a sham.  If you want any of these KMart "deals" then go to your local KMarts to get them.  Guess what, you're not going to get them from KMart, they are long sold out.  Accept your defeat and move on.  Stop trying to take advantage of uninformed or lazy employees at other stores.  Because of some people with their "Gimme gimme, me me" attitude, legitimate price matching is going to become that much harder in the future.

Just read this whole topic and surprised by how many people actually got a $200 PS4. Figured there was no shot at me finding one but gave it a shot anyways.

Toys R Us manager was thinking about doing it until the cashier told her that they ran into the same problem the other day. Since it wasn't the bundle the other manager told him not to do it. So that ended any chance I had there.

Best Buy cashier told me they can't do it because it's Kmart's going out of business sale. She also said a ton of people called in yesterday asking if they would price match it.

The downside of living in a heavy CAG/SD area if you don't get on a deal right away it probably wont happen. May try it tomorrow in a different area.
Casuals. CAG rule #1 - Never call

Casuals. CAG rule #1 - Never call

Price matching policies are a legitimate tool used by shoppers to get the best deals on items without driving all over the fucking place to get them. What is going on here is a sham. If you want any of these KMart "deals" then go to your local KMarts to get them. Guess what, you're not going to get them from KMart, they are long sold out. Accept your defeat and move on. Stop trying to take advantage of uninformed or lazy employees at other stores. Because of some people with their "Gimme gimme, me me" attitude, legitimate price matching is going to become that much harder in the future.
My local Kmart... is 19 miles away from me. Yeah, I'll price match.

But they aren't long sold out. I got the only (I assume) 4GB 360 kinect holiday bundle for $15 (used $10 SYWP) at the store by my gfs house.

There are stores that still have these, but very VERY few.

I tried to pricematch at walmart this morning. the guy at the register said that they all received emails not to price match the kmart ad because it was fake :/

wish i would've seen this thread sooner..

bread's done
Back