KMart still has Kinect!

[quote name='Todd33']OMG a store is selling something!!

MS $500M hype machine is working, sad.[/QUOTE]
This. Why the hell are people excited to pay $150 for a device they'll use once?

[quote name='Blumpkin']This. Why the hell are people excited to pay $150 for a device they'll use once?[/QUOTE]

At least it won't give me herpes like that $150 whore I used once.

[quote name='Izod517']At least it won't give me herpes like that $150 whore I used once.[/QUOTE]

it depends what you do with it.

It's funny that people who pre-ordered Kinect are selling them for $250.00 on Ebay.

If only some of these buyers were smarter, they would just spend the extra $10 and just get the Kinect Xbox 360 4GB Bundle (still available for $299 but retailers offering as much as $40 credit), rather than shelling out these ridiculous $250 price.

So basically get it for only $259 with the newere slick Xbox 360 system.

They can then sell the Xbox 360 for $$$ and keep the Kinect.

[quote name='cubeenigma']so wait. this has nothing to do with wanting to get it the morning of to get the coupons right?[/QUOTE]

right... in store kinects can't be pre-ordered probably because of the $25 GC. I already tried =/

Just FYI

As of this very moment:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']
+ Amazon has them In-Stock.

+ Wal-Mart has them In-Stock.

+ Microsoft has them In-Stock.

I guess we can ignore the "panic" button for now, and maybe just resume it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So I guess this really ISN'T a deal considering it's currently in-stock from different other retailers at MSRP...?

Thanks to both OP's though.

[quote name='Jodou']God, these awareness threads need to stop.[/QUOTE]

So I shouldn't start my "Amazon Still Sells Video Games!!!" thread?

[quote name='Blumpkin']This. Why the hell are people excited to pay $150 for a device they'll use once?[/QUOTE]Casuals & non-gamers are "easily impressed" & willingly bend over for new sleek tech.

[quote name='dino88']So I shouldn't start my "Amazon Still Sells Video Games!!!" thread?[/QUOTE]
Only if you title it Steve Brule Says. . .

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Casuals & non-gamers are "easily impressed" & willingly bend over for new sleek tech.[/QUOTE]
Yea, guess I'm a casual &/or non-gamer. :roll:

[quote name='Jodou']You know, I wish Kinect would sell out if only so we don't have to see these PSA threads.[/QUOTE]

If it sells out we'll see "MY BEST BUY GOT 3 IN TODAY!!!" threads.

I wish I understood the hype. I think Kinect looks like very cool tech with mostly utter crap for launch titles. (and I'm by no means a "hardcore" gamer anymore, although obviously still well out of who MS is marketing this to..!) If it was $149 launch week, and going up to $200 next week, I'd see the rush to buy it (maybe?)... but the stuff I'm interested in is still months out... Kinects will be overflowing off the Target clearance racks by then, maybe.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it does in the long-run and what the word of mouth does as more people try it. I sure haven't seen many "Wow, this is the most awesome thing ever!" sort of reports.

[quote name='pjb16']Yea, guess I'm a casual &/or non-gamer. :roll:[/QUOTE]
:bomb:

CCCCCCAAAAAAASSSSSSSUUUUUAAAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSS

:bomb:

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Perhaps it will be the xmas item this year...[/QUOTE]

Kinect is the new coal.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Casuals & non-gamers are "easily impressed" & willingly bend over for new sleek tech.[/QUOTE]

As if you could say that about kinect. I have mine pre-ordered, but just to scalp it. Once i can get a camera for 50, im game. Otherwise, lol. If i cant scalp it within the 30 days, back to gamestop it goes.

[quote name='blitz6speed']As if you could say that about kinect. I have mine pre-ordered, but just to scalp it. Once i can get a camera for 50, im game. Otherwise, lol. If i cant scalp it within the 30 days, back to gamestop it goes.[/QUOTE]

Scalping sounds like it hurts, make sure it is covered by your insurance.

yeah like the ps3. boy that was a stupid purchase on my part. :roll:

Yes. we definitely have to all turn into cavemen or old fogeys who are "easily cynical" & happily insult new sleek tech, because they fear having to get used to a new tech or fear any form of change/addition.
I think we should all just go play NES, Atari, or wait, just avoid video games altogether and play in the hyper realistic 'real life', preferably with bones from a dinosaur and living in a cave.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for a Kinect when the price is $120 or lower (I missed the gohasting and other $120 deals. Not sure its worth $130+ with the rather limited selection of games atm.)

I consider myself just a "gamer" and I have enjoyed Kinect thus far. I've played it about 45 minutes - 1 hour a day for the last three days (so more than I played my wii (before I sold it) and so far more than PS move) before I dive into Rock Band 3, COD, Fable 3...I enjoy all kinds of games as long as you have fun with them.

I'm personally excited to see what Microsoft/Developers do with Kinect. Glad its selling well thus far (currently owns the top 3 spots on Amazon).

Its pretty fun, definitely casual at the moment though. My wife and I went to a "Kinect" party at a friends house and that convinced my wife to get it, so we also took advantage of the Target b2g1 free sale / Toys R Us $20 gift card deal. The games are easier to swallow at $34 a pop than $50 thats for sure.

Hey at least now my wife won't keep asking me to consider getting a Wii and balance board anymore.

Now I have to go setup the sensor and get it working correctly. Think I'm going to just velcro it to the top of my wall-mounted TV, hopefully that works out.

Good luck with the velcro, loomis1975. I preordered this on amazon, then decided its not worth the $150 even with preorder bonuses, so I'm waiting for it to drop in price.
This thread should probably be removed or something though, as its not a 'deal post' as many have mentioned.

[quote name='Trinary']Yes. we definitely have to all turn into cavemen or old fogeys who are "easily cynical" & happily insult new sleek tech, because they fear having to get used to a new tech or fear any form of change/addition.
I think we should all just go play NES, Atari, or wait, just avoid video games altogether and play in the hyper realistic 'real life', preferably with bones from a dinosaur and living in a cave.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for a Kinect when the price is $120 or lower (I missed the gohasting and other $120 deals. Not sure its worth $130+ with the rather limited selection of games atm.)[/QUOTE]
It's just a bad idea from the start. I don't mind new tech if it works. And so far, you can't play many games without buttons. If this gets more than five hardcore games, I'll eat ****.

I was at both a Target and Walmart today and both had 10+ standalones each. Maybe if the games were worth playing people would care.

'hard core' gamers don't play console for FPS/RTS/many similar games anyway, as PC allow faster response time, better accuracy, and better resolution... 1080p is like the resolution from years ago. I can only think of 'fighting games' being especially 'hard core' for the console, maybe racing/soccer games being much more available on the consoles, and lastly the Japanese RPGs, which are more mainstream than hard core. Other than those three genres, the rest are more 'casual' compared to playing them on the PCs, when considering the loss of response time, and accuracy. I might have missed a few exceptions considering its 2 AM, but it shouldn't be far off.

Generally it takes time for the devs to get oriented with a new tech. Earlier games for the wii were also much more gimmicky than the newer games. We'll just have to wait over the next 6-18 months to see what get released to know for sure. The kinect have potential, and thankfully Microsoft is pushing it and bundling it with 360s, unlike Sony with their previous iterations of Eyetoys. This should hopefully give it more exposure and hopefully mean much more interests in developing proper games for it.

It would also be interesting to see a well-done fighting game for the Kinect, or RPGs that combine controller with a bit of kinect motion capture enhancements and the voice recognition.

As it is though, I also think $150 device for 2-3 games (Not everyone are into all the game/'game' types they have) the average people who get it may care about is a bit too high of a price. I want to wait for it to drop in price, and more games to come out first.

ps: It might be worth the price for people who's getting the 360 and kinect package though. There are quite some deals for that around, making it considerably cheaper than just getting the kinect separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trinary']'hard core' gamers don't play console for FPS/RTS/many similar games anyway, as PC allow faster response time, better accuracy, and better resolution... 1080p is like the resolution from years ago. I can only think of 'fighting games' being especially 'hard core' for the console, maybe racing/soccer games being much more available on the consoles, and lastly the Japanese RPGs, which are more mainstream than hard core. Other than those three genres, the rest are more 'casual' compared to playing them on the PCs, when considering the loss of response time, and accuracy. I might have missed a few exceptions considering its 2 AM, but it shouldn't be far off.

Generally it takes time for the devs to get oriented with a new tech. Earlier games for the wii were also much more gimmicky than the newer games. We'll just have to wait over the next 6-18 months to see what get released to know for sure. The kinect have potential, and thankfully Microsoft is pushing it and bundling it with 360s, unlike Sony with their previous iterations of Eyetoys. This should hopefully give it more exposure and hopefully mean much more interests in developing proper games for it.

It would also be interesting to see a well-done fighting game for the Kinect, or RPGs that combine controller with a bit of kinect motion capture enhancements and the voice recognition.

As it is though, I also think $150 device for 2-3 games (Not everyone are into all the game/'game' types they have) the average people who get it may care about is a bit too high of a price. I want to wait for it to drop in price, and more games to come out first.

ps: It might be worth the price for people who's getting the 360 and kinect package though. There are quite some deals for that around, making it considerably cheaper than just getting the kinect separately.[/QUOTE]

While I disagree with almost everything you said, I do agree that PC gaming is basically only for hardcore gamers. It's pretty much a bunch of mouth breathers that want to brag that they put together their own computer (big fucking deal, anyone can do that) and spent $800 on a graphics card that will be worth $8 in 3 years (idiots). So basically, PC gaming is for people with no life and no common sense when it comes to financing. It's also the area of gaming that's got shrinking appeal for developers to make games for due to all the piracy.

On topic, I'm pretty sure most Kmarts still have this in stock, the problem with my Kmart is that there is no one there to help you if you wanted something. I went there a couple days ago to get a PSN card with a coupon and there was no one in electronics. I hunted an employee down and find out after searching half the store. You know what he told me? "I really wish they had more than 5 employees working at a time." LOL

You gave nothing to explain about whatever you disagreed on...

I did use '', as I don't like the silly 'hard core' phrase. When people throw that silly phrase around on the consoles, I just had to mention that it is a fact that the PC is where 'hard core' is for many game genres, when people can build much more powerful system, get higher resolution, get faster response time with their mouse/keyboard keys, more flexible control with the billion of keyboards/mouse buttons, and higher accuracy (no silly controller dead zone, etc). Those are facts. It is also fact that those higher specs/etc don't always translate to better gaming.

If you build a good pc, they last many more years, and $1000 can get you an entire pc that you can use for anything. It is definitely only someone who have too much money or an idiot who would even consider buying a $800 gpu. They also generally don't drop to lower than $100-150 in 3 years. $8 is ridiculous. So you may want to get the numbers at least tiny bit more accurate from the ridiculously made up numbers you got. Even a $600-800 PCs have better graphics than many consoles. You also get to use it for other things, free internet play, and get $10 cheaper game launch price (pc games launch price of the same game is $50, not the $60 consoles get). You can also play games from generations ago in a single system, unlike consoles where you have to keep switching to play older classics (or buying them again like in wii virtual console)... The piracy/shrinking appeal have nothing to do with what I said, especially with many games still being released for the PCs. Your lack of knowledge on pc prices (Using $800 GPU in the example is obscenely ridiculous, not mentioning ignoring the cost of xbox live/controllers/peripherals/etc) completely ruin your point on price/financing. Your hostile reaction to PC gamers without offering any fact is also showing a lack of taste, and your lack of knowledge about PC gaming (Many PC RTS/Sim/RPG/etc games are very good and missing from the consoles.) :/

I don't get what caused your hostile reactions in lashing out to PC gamers and insulting them because of some simple facts, especially when I was actually being supportive to Kinect... I was pointing out to someone that gaming is not about being 'hardcore' but about actually having fun, and that the term 'hardcore' is thrown around too much. Are you one of those who's like "I'm all hardcore! Everything I do is hardcore! I feel insulted if you think something else is more 'hardcore' and detailed."? :/

Me? I like games on any devices, myself. Kinect have potential and I'm interested on it too.

Anyway, I was in KMart today myself, didn't seem to be difficult to find an employee at the one I went to. Granted it was pretty empty at the time, so the employee were probably more available.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trinary']You gave nothing to explain about whatever you disagreed on...

I did use '', as I don't like the silly 'hard core' phrase. When people throw that silly phrase around on the consoles, I just had to mention that it is a fact that the PC is where 'hard core' is for many game genres, when people can build much more powerful system, get higher resolution, get faster response time with their mouse/keyboard keys, more flexible control with the billion of keyboards/mouse buttons, and higher accuracy (no silly controller dead zone, etc). Those are facts. It is also fact that those higher specs/etc don't always translate to better gaming.

If you build a good pc, they last many more years, and $1000 can get you an entire pc that you can use for anything. It is definitely only someone who have too much money or an idiot who would even consider buying a $800 gpu. They also generally don't drop to lower than $100-150 in 3 years. $8 is ridiculous. So you may want to get the numbers at least tiny bit more accurate from the ridiculously made up numbers you got. Even a $600-800 PCs have better graphics than many consoles. You also get to use it for other things, free internet play, and get $10 cheaper game launch price (pc games launch price of the same game is $50, not the $60 consoles get). You can also play games from generations ago in a single system, unlike consoles where you have to keep switching to play older classics (or buying them again like in wii virtual console)... The piracy/shrinking appeal have nothing to do with what I said, especially with many games still being released for the PCs. Your lack of knowledge on pc prices (Using $800 GPU in the example is obscenely ridiculous, not mentioning ignoring the cost of xbox live/controllers/peripherals/etc) completely ruin your point on price/financing. Your hostile reaction to PC gamers without offering any fact is also showing a lack of taste, and your lack of knowledge about PC gaming (Many PC RTS/Sim/RPG/etc games are very good and missing from the consoles.) :/

I don't get what caused your hostile reactions in lashing out to PC gamers and insulting them because of some simple facts, especially when I was actually being supportive to Kinect... I was pointing out to someone that gaming is not about being 'hardcore' but about actually having fun, and that the term 'hardcore' is thrown around too much. Are you one of those who's like "I'm all hardcore! Everything I do is hardcore! I feel insulted if you think something else is more 'hardcore' and detailed."? :/

Me? I like games on any devices, myself. Kinect have potential and I'm interested on it too.

Anyway, I was in KMart today myself, didn't seem to be difficult to find an employee at the one I went to. Granted it was pretty empty at the time, so the employee were probably more available.[/QUOTE]

Jesus fucking Christ, your response is exactly the kind of arrogant, "I can' build a PC" bullshit I was talking about. You just made my argument for me!

I gave nothing to explain why I disagree because that sort of bullshit is the kind of things fanboys love to argue over and I'm not going to argue opinions of things. OMG LETS ARGUE IF CAPTAIN KIRK IS BETTER THAN PICARD OR IF STAR WARS IS BETTER THAN STAR TREK! Seriously? No. I disagree with almost everything you said, all your opinions on why consoles are not "hardcore" make no sense to me because it's all opinion based and I disagree with your opinions. I'm not going to argue with it. Someone is going to end up deleting the last few posts anyway (as they should).

Definitions of Hardcore gamer on the Web:
Hardcore gamer is a widely used term applied to describe a type of video game player. There is currently no unanimously agreed upon definition for the term. Some describe hardcore gamers as those whose leisure time is largely devoted to playing video games.

No it isnt pc bigotry or an opinion

His post is just common sense for me actually
Here repeat after me:

"PC Gaming is superior to Console Gaming"

Good job and welcome to 2010 buddy

i used my pc for gaming back in early 2000s. The same computer that i am using to write this message. I used it to play Counter Strike, StarCraft, and, later, Wacraft 3. My three favorite games.

Fast forward to 2006, i jumped in on an xbox 360.
Next thing you know, there were not many "servers" being hosted in GOW. Servers? oh right, Microsoft used p2p connections. PC used servers on CS. Microsoft used that technology that everyone connects to the host. and thus, the host had a visible advantage on GOW. I hated the idiots who tried to say otherwise. In CS, if your connection lagged, you, and only you, were at a disadvantage

There were no "free" maps. Am i entitled to free maps?
Maybe not, but this was my 1st experience with DEE EL SEE. Microsoft made me despise this damn word.
I remember the good ol days of CS/SC/WC3 that i used download free developer maps or custom maps. The community plays a huge role in the online experience in PC gaming.
Microsoft and Sony dumbs down this online experience cause its THEIR console. They have the right what to give us and what not to and we just lube up and take it.

Am i a PC Gamer, no.
My PC is outdated. I can barely run Team Fortress 2 and i am sure as hell wont be able to run Crysis any time soon.
I am just a somebody who have been to both worlds and can say that PC Gaming is indeed better.
As also can see, i have a stronger opinion against Microsoft that i tend to keep to myself.

By the way, it is true that PC Gamers tend to have more freedom and be pirates. Comparing sales figure of a single multiplatform game, Console game sales will be higher than PC game sales. There is a connection with pirating here.
I too despise these mouth breathers as well. World of Warcraft is a perfect example and a common stereotype.
Here, have some failure of Blizzcon 2010 :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkE2BTjYFGQ

fucking WoW killed my WC3 lore

Lastly, that definition makes sense because it is too simplified.
I too dont like the word Hardcore or Casual being thrown around but it is just too simplified.
I mean, we all know that the target market that Kinect/Move/Wii is targeting, is not the same group me and you are in.

I don't know about other areas of the country (I'm in Dallas) but just about every store I've been to has had at least two Kinects in stock. Aside from Amazon "selling out" of them, it doesn't seem like there's that much of a shortage.

Also, it's kind of sad to see how deluded by fanboyism or scared of reprisals from Microsoft everyone is on professional review sites to call the Kinect what it is.

[quote name='joestar3']
Also, it's kind of sad to see how deluded by fanboyism or scared of reprisals from Microsoft everyone is on professional review sites to call the Kinect what it is.[/QUOTE]
I think MS handing KEEnects out for free has certainly done it's job.
Free to reviewers, free to Oprah, free to Ellen, free to Fallon = free good press, whether it deserves it or not.
But MS has always had this Teflon coating somehow. Things that should really tick people off, they just deal with somehow and think it's ok.
And contrary to the reviews, this tech is not going to be in the next wave of PCs. MS is horrible at licensing it proprietary tech and the costs associated. If it succeeds, KEEnect may end up in the next MS gaming console but that'll be where it ends.

bread's done
Back