Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sharkey1337']I'm still going to get the 360 version as playing with the PS3 controller on the DS2 demo just felt totally off to me as I played DS1 on the 360. Plus with my save file I get to use the DS1 plasma cutter from the start.:D[/QUOTE]
The plasma cutter is such an awesome weapon. It's like the lightsaber of unconventional weapons on a derelict space vessel filled with creepy monsters, where anything else is sort of menial by comparison. This is how big I wish the replica in the Collector's Edition would have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Mass Effect 3 for 44.99+ 29.99 Little Big Planet 2 with free points card sounds pretty freakin' ace.[/QUOTE]
What?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Mass Effect 3 for 44.99+ 29.99 Little Big Planet 2 with free points card sounds pretty freakin' ace.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of having the horde calling me a lazy idiot, how are you getting a free points card with those games?

[quote name='salty tbone']At the risk of having the horde calling me a lazy idiot, how are you getting a free points card with those games?[/QUOTE]

lol, he's not

Well played FoS, well played

[quote name='DiaperDandee']The 360 needs some kind of a upgrade (possibly a new system from Microsoft). Dead Space 2 needs two discs? The game is what, 10 hours long?[/QUOTE]

The number of hours a game can be played for has nothing to do with the disc space. Fallout:NV for example does not even take up a full dvd.

Meanwhile someone could probably make a 5 hour game that filled up a blu-ray, if they really wanted to.

Extraction IS awesome but i wouldn't buy a move to play it. I wouldn't buy a move to play anything. If you have a Wii pick up a $10 copy of that version.

From what I've heard the PS3 version isn't even a huge upgrade from the Wii except for resolution.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']lol, he's not[/QUOTE]

Mayhap he's confused. The deal is (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=8603&t=2598989)
1/25 - 1/29 - LittleBigPlanet 2/Mass Effect 2 (PS3) + Dead Space 2 (PS3/360) + 1600 Microsoft Points or $20 PSN for $90 + tax @ Kmart
Only eligible at B&M stores.

Step 1: Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30

OR

Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

Step 2: Buy Dead Space 2 (which will be $59.99 at launch) and get 1600 XBLA Points or $20 PSN for free
You can buy the PS3 version of DS2 and get XBLA points and vice versa. The bonus is not console specific.

Total: $90 + tax for ME2/LBP2 + DS2 + Points

If you do decide to purchase ME2, you can get a price match to $44.99 within 7 days of purchase. It makes the deal even better since its only $75 + tax for both games and the points.

For more info visit: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284992
[And they link back here]
Sorry if thats gonna hurt your business SHC-Gamer, but its on SD.

[quote name='sdclippers']Anyone recomend LB2 CE if i never played LB1 before?[/QUOTE]

Nah, you won't understand the LBP2 story at all. LBP1 is essential in setting up various character backgrounds and it ends on a huge cliffhanger, so yeah, I'd pass.

[quote name='sdclippers']Anyone recomend LB2 CE if i never played LB1 before?[/QUOTE]

I would NOT recommend getting the CE for any reason (at full retail price).

[quote name='Arakias']I would NOT recommend getting the CE for any reason (at full retail price).[/QUOTE]

??? u must be nuts right? for ONLY 20 bucks more you get a nice ass 7' plush, some real decent bookends and 11 costumes to use? how is that not great?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I keep getting emails from the Sears clearance thread notifying me of updates on how I've killed clearance.

I don't want to sound mean in any way at all, but I didn't "find out" people were buying clearance items because I started posting here. One of the first things I did when I came into the position was to analyze how we could improve as a business and we were wasting a huge amount of money in clearance reducing items to well below market pricing. I don't know who approved the Xbox 360 hard drive for $15 but that was ridiculous :bomb:

We definitely have way to many items in the stores that should be reduced and we are working towards addressing them with the publishers, but for 90% of the items, selling them for sub $5 is just kind of silly.

Anyway, my two cents. I hate to upset anyone, I really do, it's just not a reasonable business proposition to take a strategy that basically says "buy me in 6 months for a $1!" :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

A lot of the people in the Sears clearance thread have entitlement issues, I can think of a certain someone who sticks out more than the others, but yeah I read the thread and it's pretty stupid of how their mentality is.

[quote name='medetron']??? u must be nuts right? for ONLY 20 bucks more you get a nice ass 7' plush, some real decent bookends and 11 costumes to use? how is that not great?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? The bookends are okay at best and the plush is TERRIBLE.

[quote name='sdclippers']Only reason i would get it would be the Buy LB2CE and DS2 and a 20 PSN card for around $110[/QUOTE]

Great, you're probably going to beat me to the Kmart too, huh?

[quote name='medetron']??? u must be nuts right? for ONLY 20 bucks more you get a nice ass 7' plush, some real decent bookends and 11 costumes to use? how is that not great?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scorch']Are you serious? The bookends are okay at best and the plush is TERRIBLE.[/QUOTE]

agreed with scorch. Bookends meh. Plush bleh. DLC is perhaps worth it for super addicted fans of the game but if the person hasnt even played LBP1 then they prob couldnt care. Again, I said at full retail price. So if the person gets it for less with some of the deals Kmart has going on, then perhaps its worthwhile.

[quote name='elessar123']Great, you're probably going to beat me to the Kmart too, huh?[/QUOTE]

To be honest its all yours. I'll just pick up ME2 and DS2. Seeing as I should have played the first one, it wouldn't be right knowing that someone else really wants it. It was more of an impulse attempted buy.

Will the Dead Space 2 deal be working in the morning? Has it been tested yet, Josh?

I plan on getting DS2 + LBP2 around 10:30-11am. Hope the deal is active by then! :)

[quote name='jaredstorm']Will the Dead Space 2 deal be working in the morning? Has it been tested yet, Josh?

I plan on getting DS2 + LBP2 around 10:30-11am. Hope the deal is active by then! :)[/QUOTE]
It has been tested, it's live.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Will the Dead Space 2 deal be working in the morning? Has it been tested yet, Josh?

I plan on getting DS2 + LBP2 around 10:30-11am. Hope the deal is active by then! :)[/QUOTE]

Hope its out on display.

how many kmart employees will I have to headbutt to get Dead Space 2 tomorrow

i say 6

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nothing like CAG love :)[/QUOTE]

hey josh whats up with two worlds?

such a bummer about that dlc code... sorry wasn't about to rub it in earlier this morning lol :D. not sure what the hell they were thinking on that one...

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Hope its out on display.[/QUOTE]

The Wichita Kmarts are good about putting out new inventory.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Nothing like CAG love :)[/QUOTE]

Quck question, will I have to ask for the XBL points while I'm asking for the games?

[quote name='jer7583']how many kmart employees will I have to headbutt to get Dead Space 2 tomorrow

i say 6[/QUOTE]

And this is before they even open the display case.

A few pages back I read that Extraction comes with DS 2 for ps3? Is this true for all versions? I thought it was just the collectors edition which Kmart won't be stocking. Can anyone clarify?

[quote name='tjm0711']A few pages back I read that Extraction comes with DS 2 for ps3? Is this true for all versions? I thought it was just the collectors edition which Kmart won't be stocking. Can anyone clarify?[/QUOTE]
I believe it is in all launch copies of the PS3.

[quote name='jaredstorm']The Wichita Kmarts are good about putting out new inventory.

Quck question, will I have to ask for the XBL points while I'm asking for the games?[/QUOTE]
They should be displayed in the gaming accessory section, that is where the POG says to place them. They have often been found in the gift card section though instead. If you can't find them or the associate is being difficult feel free to buy Dead Space 2 and email me and I'll make sure you get the value in a gift card.

Can someone please explain to me what exactly Dead Space: Extraction is?

I'm new to the Dead Space series and I plan on picking up both Dead Space 1 (assuming my Kmart has it; I'm familiar with their current inventory and I don't recall ever seeing it) and a combo of ME2 and Dead Space 2 for PS3.

I'm assuming from some earlier comments that Extraction was a stand alone game for the Wii that is being rereleased for PS3 with move capabilities?

Also I 100% disagree with the statement that the wii = PS3 move. Similar technology but much different experience.

I see that the blog has just been updated. Thanks a lot Josh. Your hard work is very much appreciated! I can't wait to go into my local K-Mart tomorrow (in Bellingham, WA) and pick up LBP2 + DS2 for $90+ tax and a free $20 PSN card!

My local K-Mart had LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 on launch day last week so I'm hoping they will have DS2 ready to go in the display case tomorrow afternoon as well!

[quote name='jer7583']how many kmart employees will I have to headbutt to get Dead Space 2 tomorrow

i say 6[/QUOTE]

After getting through the employees, fighting Necermorphs is a piece of cake.

[quote name='GBAstar']Can someone please explain to me what exactly Dead Space: Extraction is?

I'm new to the Dead Space series and I plan on picking up both Dead Space 1 (assuming my Kmart has it; I'm familiar with their current inventory and I don't recall ever seeing it) and a combo of ME2 and Dead Space 2 for PS3.

I'm assuming from some earlier comments that Extraction was a stand alone game for the Wii that is being rereleased for PS3 with move capabilities?

Also I 100% disagree with the statement that the wii = PS3 move. Similar technology but much different experience.[/QUOTE]

Extraction's a rail shooter. The PS3 version has updated graphics, and hopefully, better accuracy and no lag due to Move. Considering I bought the Move for light rail games, I'm almost buying DS2 for Extraction.

[quote name='EducAsian']I see that the blog has just been updated. Thanks a lot Josh. Your hard work is very much appreciated! I can't wait to go into my local K-Mart tomorrow (in Bellingham, WA) and pick up LBP2 + DS2 for $90+ tax and a free $20 PSN card!

My local K-Mart had LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 on launch day last week so I'm hoping they will have DS2 ready to go in the display case tomorrow afternoon as well![/QUOTE]
No prob, keep me updated if you run into any issues.

Peace, I'm out :)

[quote name='Arakias']agreed with scorch. Bookends meh. Plush bleh. DLC is perhaps worth it for super addicted fans of the game but if the person hasnt even played LBP1 then they prob couldnt care. Again, I said at full retail price. So if the person gets it for less with some of the deals Kmart has going on, then perhaps its worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

The CE is obviously for fans of the original, just like most CE's. Your average gamer isn't going to give a shit about a replica Plasma Cutter, but if they loved Dead Space 1, they'll love that. Same goes for this.

[quote name='elessar123']Extraction's a rail shooter. The PS3 version has updated graphics, and hopefully, better accuracy and no lag due to Move. Considering I bought the Move for light rail games, I'm almost buying DS2 for Extraction.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same here. I just got a Move so I'm way excited for Extraction. If DS2 didn't have it, I'd just wait till it hit $20.

Wii lag lol.

Extraction was great on Wii. I'm just saying so few people own move, don't go out and buy a move for this game. If you have a wii buy it on there. It's not going to be any different.

[quote name='elessar123']Extraction's a rail shooter. The PS3 version has updated graphics, and hopefully, better accuracy and no lag due to Move. Considering I bought the Move for light rail games, I'm almost buying DS2 for Extraction.[/QUOTE]

Is it included in the regular edition of DS2?

Whoa, PSP on sale? I'm gonna have to buy it from KMart even though I have a Walmart gift card, unless there is a universal price drop announced on Thursday at the PSP2 event.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Well played FoS, well played[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I have a coupon I really have to use (well not have to, but damn it I got to)
[quote name='Arakias']Mayhap he's confused. The deal is
[/QUOTE]
How am I confused? I didn't list the steps necessary to get the deal, but, uh, yes, the deal I listed is possible. Not sure why people feel it necessary to call me out when it was simply the fact that I knew about the 7 day adjustment window (when I thought it was being discussed quite frequently here in this thread)

Man, the only bad thing about living in Bellevue is that the closest Kmart is a little north of Seattle (and the employees are always clueless when I go there).

I almost miss Bellingham for the fact that Kmart was close and the electronics section was pretty knowledgeable. I'm not up North until the 5th, but I may have to make the trek to the Seattle Kmart just for this deal.

Thanks for putting the time into these updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back