Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the deal is working in the k-marts at Manhattan ny, i'm thinking of going there later after work but i don't wanna go for no reason and have problems

[quote name='Shimmerz']Burned again.

So I go into my Kmart on lunch and head over to the game section. Hmmmm no xbox live cards. No problem I think, Josh will take care of it and I'll just pick up the game. I look in the case and the only new game was Two Worlds 2 (PS3). So I proceed to ask the lady in the section if they have Dead Space 2. She told me that the lady that runs the section is on lunch and if they had it she would have already put it out. I politely ask if someone could check out back. They do and say they dont have it. When it comes down to it I realize its my fault. You know the saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I didnt learn my lesson from the Resonance of Fate sale that my store only had active for the last day.

I didnt learn my lesson from Enslaved not printing a coupon.

I didnt learn my lesson from my stores not getting Apache and NBA Jam during the week they had coupons.

I didnt learn my lesson from NFS:Hot Pursuit not being there on release day.

I certainly learned my lesson today with Dead Space 2.

Sorry for the rant but enough is enough.[/QUOTE]
Email me please bud. Can't fix the past six months, I can help here with no inconvenience to you at all.

Really sux to hear how this has gone down for you.

SHC- Gamer

I purchased dead space 2 and mass effect 2. I received the 50% off DS2, but no PSN card. Apparently it did not print on the receipt and the employees would not do me any override favors. I do not plan on opening the games until I can get the PSN card, just in case I need to return them for a full refund which is a bit disappointing for me. I know you mentioned you can help, hope this process doesn't take too long as I have planned to purchase something via the PSN sale for this week. Hope to hear from you soon.

Disappointed gamer,

John

[quote name='johnnyhothands']SHC- Gamer

I purchased dead space 2 and mass effect 2. I received the 50% off DS2, but no PSN card. Apparently it did not print on the receipt and the employees would not do me any override favors. I do not plan on opening the games until I can get the PSN card, just in case I need to return them for a full refund which is a bit disappointing for me. I know you mentioned you can help, hope this process doesn't take too long as I have planned to purchase something via the PSN sale for this week. Hope to hear from you soon.

Disappointed gamer,

John[/QUOTE]

You should probably email him. What was supposed to print on the receipt? You're supposed to just bring the PSN card with all the games and it should ring up automatically.

I have a stupid question: If I purchase dead space 2 for the ps3, can I get an xbox card instead of a psn card? I'm going to assume whatever platform I choose, I'll have to get the corresponding card. It doesn't hurt to ask though, right?

Hmmm, I suppose I could try that. The cashier did not ring up the PSN card. He said it would print on the receipt as a credit. I may head back up there then if someone can confirm this. It is a bit of a hassle though. What is the e-mail I need to contact? Can't seem to find it.

[quote name='OhAndr ewww']I have a stupid question: If I purchase dead space 2 for the ps3, can I get an xbox card instead of a psn card? I'm going to assume whatever platform I choose, I'll have to get the corresponding card. It doesn't hurt to ask though, right?[/QUOTE]

From the wording, either card should work with any version.

email is [email protected]

[quote name='johnnyhothands']Hmmm, I suppose I could try that. The cashier did not ring up the PSN card. He said it would print on the receipt as a credit. I may head back up there then if someone can confirm this. It is a bit of a hassle though. What is the e-mail I need to contact? Can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

You need to take the psn card to the cashier with the games, the price of the card will come off of the total at the end.

[quote name='OhAndr ewww']I have a stupid question: If I purchase dead space 2 for the ps3, can I get an xbox card instead of a psn card? I'm going to assume whatever platform I choose, I'll have to get the corresponding card. It doesn't hurt to ask though, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can. That's why I specifically posted that I got DS2 for Xbox and a $20 PSN card :)

[quote name='johnnyhothands']Hmmm, I suppose I could try that. The cashier did not ring up the PSN card. He said it would print on the receipt as a credit. I may head back up there then if someone can confirm this. It is a bit of a hassle though. What is the e-mail I need to contact? Can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]
Yes he has to ring it up. It wont activate if they don't. The cards aren't activated until they're scanned.

Anyway once its all done on your receipt it says: "FREE PSN XBOX CARD" and takes the $20 off.

you have the bring up the card with the game, i just told the guy in electronics i wanted a copy of dead space 2 and a points card and when he rung them up the card was discounted off. my receipt says "Free PSN XBOX Card"

[quote name='sadboy']You mean the original Dead Space for $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Look at the picture, then read the description. Pretty sure that the original doesn't come out on Jan 25th with extraction...

and from someone @ SD...

Bought LBP2 and Dead Space 2, but they didnt have the $20 PSN card in stock. So after 30 minutes of looking and decinding what to do they figured to just take $50 off Dead Space.

The total for both games came out to $76.80 with tax.

If he got ME2, the total after a price match next week, would be $61.80+tax

The circular clearly has the 9.99 only under DS1. There's no way anyone is gonna be dumb enough to let you get away with getting DS2 at 9.99.

That's just the website software grabbing the pic that is associated with that part of the circular.

Anyone who tries to argue this should be slapped.

[quote name='confoosious']The circular clearly has the 9.99 only under DS1. There's no way anyone is gonna be dumb enough to let you get away with getting DS2 at 9.99.

That's just the website software grabbing the pic that is associated with that part of the circular.

Anyone who tries to argue this should be slapped.[/QUOTE]

Again, this is kmart, pretty sure you could find someone dumb enough. Also, it is more than just the picture.

You think anyone is gonna let you whip out a phone or bring a printout of that and get DS2 for 9.99? They'll check the circular and deny you. Just quit trying to scam Kmart.

Just go back to SD.

[quote name='confoosious']I sometimes wonder if some of you people had any upbringing at all.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, you aren't the only one wondering these things.

People can bitch about a store all they want (I do it myself). However, you are in a Kmart thread, staffed by Kmart reps and you're going to bitch about how shitty your local Kmart is. The poor guy who is trying to change the store around already feels bad enough when things don't go right to where he's willing to make everything right, UNLIKE MOST STORES, and then you're going to badmouth the place this guy works for in front of him, on purpose.

[quote name='confoosious']The circular clearly has the 9.99 only under DS1. There's no way anyone is gonna be dumb enough to let you get away with getting DS2 at 9.99.

Anyone who tries to argue this should be slapped.[/QUOTE]
You can't argue with people of the SD mentality. If there is any way possible that the ad could be construed differently, that's what they are going to do. Nothing you can say or do will change that.

We get that people at SD are assholes. That's not some magical thing we have to figure out. We already know that.

[quote name='Squarehard']I can never get through any part of this thread, other than the op.

How are people this incredibly stupid?

It just boggles the mind.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, you're not the only one in disbelief sometimes about how stupid some of the people seem. What really scares me is that, if these are the people that are smart(er) consumers, how bad are the idiot consumers?

[quote name='confoosious']You think anyone is gonna let you whip out a phone or bring a printout of that and get DS2 for 9.99? They'll check the circular and deny you. Just quit trying to scam Kmart.

Just go back to SD.[/QUOTE]

Seen crazier happen, not to mention I am not saying everyone should go do it. Success rate would be obviously very low, but I bet it will happen at least a couple times.

I like your whole I can't win the argument so I will just tell ya to go away approach. Works great, have you thought about a career in politics?

[quote name='confoosious']You think anyone is gonna let you whip out a phone or bring a printout of that and get DS2 for 9.99? They'll check the circular and deny you. Just quit trying to scam Kmart.

Just go back to SD.[/QUOTE]
Normally I would be with you man, but this time I think your a little too cranky today. I dont think the guy was actually stating he thought it was a good idea to argue for a price reduction on DS2. But he is right that the ad online clearly shows both console versions of DS2. Just another great effort by the Kmart online crack team.

[quote name='Altanis']Trust me, you aren't the only one wondering these things.

People can bitch about a store all they want (I do it myself). However, you are in a Kmart thread, staffed by Kmart reps and you're going to bitch about how shitty your local Kmart is. The poor guy who is trying to change the store around already feels bad enough when things don't go right to where he's willing to make everything right, UNLIKE MOST STORES, and then you're going to badmouth the place this guy works for in front of him, on purpose.[/QUOTE]
Nothing wrong with bitching about Kmart here imo. It's one of the best places to do it since Josh actually cares and listens. Sure people can get carried away with it but all Josh has to do is take away the point of it all and do what he can.

Maybe this has been answered before, but does anyone know if you can stack the two deals K-mart is offering on Little Big Planet 2 & Dead Space 2? In other words, can I buy LBP2 for $59.99 and get DS2 for $30, thus also getting the free 1600 Xbox points as well?

[quote name='guermo']Maybe this has been answered before, but does anyone know if you can stack the two deals K-mart is offering on Little Big Planet 2 & Dead Space 2? In other words, can I buy LBP2 for $59.99 and get DS2 for $30, thus also getting the free 1600 Xbox points as well?[/QUOTE]
It's been talked about quite a bit but yes, you can do that. So for under $100 you can get the 2 games plus the points card.

[quote name='guermo']Maybe this has been answered before, but does anyone know if you can stack the two deals K-mart is offering on Little Big Planet 2 & Dead Space 2? In other words, can I buy LBP2 for $59.99 and get DS2 for $30, thus also getting the free 1600 Xbox points as well?[/QUOTE]
Really?

You're really asking this? You haven't even read the OP have you?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nothing wrong with bitching about Kmart here imo. It's one of the best places to do it since Josh actually cares and listens. Sure people can get carried away with it but all Josh has to do is take away the point of it all and do what he can.[/QUOTE]
There's no problem with constructive criticism. However, the post we're talking about was not constructive- it was simply someone bitching about their store and saying that "it's no wonder [they] haven't been in the store in a decade" (to paraphrase). How is that relevant at all? MOST of us hadn't been inside a Kmart for years prior to Josh starting these deals. It's not an award category, so I'm not sure why people find it relevant.

Went to K-mart in Doraville, GA for the first time in a month or so...they've really improved the store. DS2 and TWII were both out, and there were about 30 $20 PSN cards available. Got LBP2, DS2, and a PSN card for $96. Awesome experience. Thanks to SHC crew!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nothing wrong with bitching about Kmart here imo. It's one of the best places to do it since Josh actually cares and listens. Sure people can get carried away with it but all Josh has to do is take away the point of it all and do what he can.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I was kinda nice about the sc2 thing, but after yesterday and learning that I have to get a gc to a store I already dislike instead of getting a psn card that I would actually use, I don't think I will be going to a kmart anytime again soon.

Just going to wait for goty edition ds2 and going to pick me2 up if it hovers around 10.

Have other games that can keep me occupied the next few months til that happens.

[quote name='wrencrest']I dont think the guy was actually stating he thought it was a good idea to argue for a price reduction on DS2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheLounge']Again, this is kmart, pretty sure you could find someone dumb enough. Also, it is more than just the picture.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

lol, before everyone jumps on you for this post, yes you can do that. it has been confirmed a few times in the last page or 2 that people have done this.

[quote name='TheLounge']Seen crazier happen, not to mention I am not saying everyone should go do it. Success rate would be obviously very low, but I bet it will happen at least a couple times.

I like your whole I can't win the argument so I will just tell ya to go away approach. Works great, have you thought about a career in politics?[/QUOTE]

OR here's an idea: since it's clearly not meant to be Dead Space 2 for $10, how about you DON'T try it?

(Cue the "but this is cheapassgamer!!!" response from someone.)

Just take the stuff back, return, rebuy again this time with the PSN card. Voila! Should be quicker than going back and forth through e-mails, then waiting for a gift card in the mail.

[quote name='confoosious']OR here's an idea: since it's clearly not meant to be Dead Space 2 for $10, how about you DON'T try it?

(Cue the "but this is cheapassgamer!!!" response from someone.)[/QUOTE]

If there was a $50 bill floating around, would you just let it keep on going?

Everyone likes a good deal, some people will argue that extra mile to get the insane deal.

That's the only reason I brought it up, well that and to show how awesome kmart is...

ME2 + DS2 + $20 PSN card for $90 + tax is too good to pass up... Throw in 7-day price match on ME2 and it's just that much sweeter. I will have to bite on this.

Also, gotta say in reviewing a few pages on this thread, some of you come across very strongly as true a-holes... not sure if you don't get enough love at home, or maybe you don't have any friends outside of your WoW list (who probably only friend you on there because you spend so much time playing)... whatever the reason, you (those who are a-holes) need to understand two things: 1) Not everyone has 18 hours a day to read a kmart gaming deals thread that easily hits 90-100 posts A DAY, and in the short amount of time they can put towards looking for answers to their question, it's mostly easier to throw up a post and check for a response a half hour later instead of using the search function and then having to wade through the even larger number of results... some people want their answers straight from the person who actually has AUTHORITY, and not the jerkwad who sticks his nose to the air at everyone and pretends to know everything and acts like life is a bother and answering someone's question is the most annoying thing to happen to them in a single day (JUST DON'T ANSWER, IT'S NO SKIN OFF YOUR BACK). 2) Most of the people on this site are mainly interested in one thing - making gaming more affordable so they can enjoy more of the activity they love without breaking their bank. Remember the title of the site, right? We are all gamers and share that one common interest, so treat each other with respect or don't say anything at all. You know who you are.

"That's the only reason I brought it up" :roll:

Have you been taking lessons from OJ "I didn't do it, but if I did, this is how I'd do it" Simpson?

CE Update - I've just ordered the Killzone 3 CEs so I won't be able to take anymore requests. At this point I don't know what the next CE we will be receiving is but feel free to email me your store if there is a game you'd want one for.

[quote name='confoosious']"That's the only reason I brought it up" :roll:

Have you been taking lessons from OJ "I didn't do it, but if I did, this is how I'd do it" Simpson?[/QUOTE]

No, I rather help inform people than keep them in the dark. Besides, that is a horrible example... I wouldn't be doing it myself, it would be more like the guy who wrote the book on how to build homemade bombs...

That's why I bitch and moan though. Might save someone the hassle of getting screwed. In the end it is up for them to decide what they want to do, I just toss out the examples.

[quote name='TheLounge']That's the only reason I brought it up, well that and to show how awesome kmart is...[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Kmart is awesome if I can get those $9.99 release-day deals. Thanks, Josh!

[quote name='confoosious']You're helping inform people of how to get a deal that doesn't exist by arguing with kmart employees? You're a true humanitarian.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't know the meaning of ymmv. You must hate yourself...

[quote name='confoosious']You're helping inform people of how to get a deal that doesn't exist by arguing with kmart employees? You're a true humanitarian.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:

Not that Kmart will normally honor a print out of the ad anyway- they have plenty of copies available to verify. At least at the store locally (not sure elsewhere) they put a copy of the electronics/gaming section of the ad under the glass counter at the register. If it's not in there and it doesn't ring up correctly, that sucks for you.
So if you tried to bring in a printout of the Kmart site saying "Dead Space $9.99" but it showed Dead Space 2, you'd get denied anyway (even if you brought Dead Space 2 and tried to say that it was what was in the ad).

[quote name='TheLounge']Obviously you don't know the meaning of ymmv. You must hate yourself...[/QUOTE]
YMMV on that.

[quote name='Altanis']:applause::applause:

Not that Kmart will honor a print out of the ad anyway. At least at the store locally (not sure elsewhere) they put a copy of the electronics/gaming section of the ad under the glass counter at the register. If it's not in there and it doesn't ring up correctly, that sucks for you. So if you tried to bring in a printout of the Kmart site saying "Dead Space $9.99" but it showed Dead Space 2, you'd get denied anyway (even if you brought Dead Space 2 and tried to say that it was what was in the ad).[/QUOTE]

Yea, see my example above... Last I checked, the deal wasn't to get $20 off of DS2 if the employees couldn't find a psn card...

Yet someone got it...

[quote name='sadboy']YMMV on that.[/QUOTE]

Only when he changes his title =P

Great experience today, went up to my regular guy at the electronics desk. He looked at me. "Dead Space 2?" "Yup" I said.

I gave him the 1600 points card (last one I saw there) and he rang them both up. As he was ringing me up, I was glancing through the flyer.

He said, "Yeah, it's not in the flyer, its one of the cheapassgamer deals"

So great to know that the deals are working and that Josh is getting info to stores in an effective way. Thanks for the great deal Josh!

[quote name='Greendomo']Great experience today, went up to my regular guy at the electronics desk. He looked at me. "Dead Space 2?" "Yup" I said.

I gave him the 1600 points card (last one I saw there) and he rang them both up. As he was ringing me up, I was glancing through the flyer.

He said, "Yeah, it's not in the flyer, its one of the cheapassgamer deals"

So great to know that the deals are working and that Josh is getting info to stores in an effective way. Thanks for the great deal Josh![/QUOTE]
Next time, the guy will be like, "You post as Greendomo in Josh's thread, don't you? I have what you requested right here."

"Yup."

There's plenty of bugs in the ad online when you click on specific things in it. That doesn't change however what the print version of the ad (you know, the one that the stores go by) says.

The Weekly Ad online pulls up a 26" RCA TV/DVD combo for $209 (the picture is a Sylvania TV, see my next part) when you click on it, even though it clearly has a $319 price tag on it in the actual ad (and the TV for $210 is a 22" Sylvania, not even an RCA... yes, I know they're both made by Funai).

If you think any Kmart store will honor the ad popping up at $209 online when the one in their store say $319, you're crazy. They don't pricematch anyone, much less their website.

[quote name='TheLounge']Yea, see my example above... Last I checked, the deal wasn't to get $20 off of DS2 if the employees couldn't find a psn card...

Yet someone got it...

[/QUOTE]

And somewhere someone got DS2 for free because the cashier forgot to ring it up.

WHO CARES.

My point is that you don't go around (at any store) arguing for deals that aren't real just because you think it looks that way. And spare me the "I'm just informing people" bullshit. While some people on here have that same "rip off kmart at any cost" mentality you seem to have, the majority of us understand that these deals go away if the stores lose money on them.

This isn't slickdeals. We don't go around helping each other rip off stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back