Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kyleh84']So I should just show up at Kmart on release day with my SYWR card and expect them to honor the promotion? (that sounds like I am being a jerk, but I am not trying to)[/QUOTE]

Actually what should happen is you bring a $20 PSN, and Homefront to the counter. Give them the SYWR card and the system should do all the work automatically. They should not even have to know the deal exists because their computer will apply all the promos and discounts automatically.

[quote name='kyleh84']So I should just show up at Kmart on release day with my SYWR card and expect them to honor the promotion? (that sounds like I am being a jerk, but I am not trying to)[/QUOTE]

yes and you should not have to say anything
just purchase yakuza 3 and 4 in the same transaction with you sywr card and you should be good (if you were speaking about homefront same thing goes with game and points card)

if by some chance it does not work I say buy and then email josh and he will fix it

[quote name='depascal22']Do you have to match systems for Homefront? I'd like to get the 360 version with a PSN card.[/QUOTE]

No they do not have to match. You will be fine.

[quote name='dino88']I'm with you. I played the Yakuza 3 demo and thought it was terrible. I thought maybe I missed out on something after reading all the hype for 4, so I tried out 4's demo. Not my thing at all.[/QUOTE]
I played the first one and really enjoyed it, skipped the 2nd one(there is a series recap in Y3), and am about 5 hours into the 3rd one. The fighting isn't terribly deep. You level-up, unlock new techniques, and become more badass.

Yakuza 3 is not a good entry point into the series, it starts really slow (like "John Marston chores" slow) and if you weren't already invested based on the first game you probably won't have the patients for it. I don't know about 4, but i'd imagine that problem just gets compounded at each sequel.

The game is a spiritual successor to Shenmue, and is very plot driven/heavy. It's done in a way where you really get to know and like/hate all the characters and locals in the series as it goes along.

Kiryu is one of the most awesome, likeable characters I've ever come across.

If you have access to a PS2, I'd hunt down a copy of Yakuza 1 and play it. It still holds up pretty good. (if you have a PS3- this is one of the few games that has BC problems, so you might want to check model numbers etc. I had a lot of problems and had to spend some time playing it at a friends house to finish it. I think this is why i skipped Y2 as well.)

SHC - Ad Monster, is now a dedicated thread helper guy :bouncy:

He is my #1 dude and a really cool guy. I will still be on every day like normal but Jim will be fielding customer issues in the same way I was and answering questions on the thread that I may not able to see in time.

This will keep me more available to make sure stuff gets up on the blog on time and other things.

Try and help him out as much as possible as he gets his feet wet. He is under my SHC-Gamer protection :)

He'll have full access to the OP edits as well. By the way, thank him for all the wonderful coupons from LY, he was the one that made sure they were set up each week!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']SHC - Ad Monster, is now a dedicated thread helper guy :bouncy:

He is my #1 dude and a really cool guy. I will still be on every day like normal but Jim will be fielding customer issues in the same way I was and answering questions on the thread that I may not able to see in time.

This will keep me more available to make sure stuff gets up on the blog on time and other things.

Try and help him out as much as possible as he gets his feet wet. He is under my SHC-Gamer protection :)

He'll have full access to the OP edits as well. By the way, thank him for all the wonderful coupons from LY, he was the one that made sure they were set up each week![/QUOTE]
Hello everyone, I am very excited to be more involved in the posts. I have been working in Video Games for SHC for 3 years now. I manage the accessory line for Kmart and I help manage with Josh the ad plan. I have been creating and executing all the gaming coupons and promotions for circulars and for blog promotions. Feel free to contact me with any questions. I will be glad to help.

Yakuza 3 Update - I know a lot of people have emailed Josh or I concerned about Yakuza 3 stock but I can report that as of this morning we are 95% in stock which means there are about 70 stores out of 1300 that do not have it (this is from the high sales Yakuza 3 has had at $14.99 last week). The average is about 2 - 4 copies per store. If you have any issues with it being out of stock I know Josh can help out with any way to fix the situation.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Well wanted to say welcome to the thread Ad Monster[/QUOTE]
See how nice they are Jim :) Don't be frightened, jump on in, the water is nice and warm.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']See how nice they are Jim :) Don't be frightened, jump on in, the water is nice and warm.[/QUOTE]

You say that now... wait until later tonight. You'll be answering "can i buy cross-platform point card deals?" and "MY STORE EMPLOYEES DONT KNOW ABOUT THE SALE IT MUST NOT WORK I GO TO BESTBUY NOW" once every ten minutes.

:lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']SHC - Ad Monster, is now a dedicated thread helper guy :bouncy:

He is my #1 dude and a really cool guy. I will still be on every day like normal but Jim will be fielding customer issues in the same way I was and answering questions on the thread that I may not able to see in time. [/QUOTE]

Don't trust him. He said the same thing about stockboy.

[quote name='nnthomas']I wish I was someone's #1 dude[/QUOTE]

I'm in the market for a sidekick. Must be able to lift 100lbs regularly. Experience with Microsoft Office a plus.

:grouphug:

Welcome Ad Monster.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys do for us. I would like to thank you, and k-mart for taking effort and money they put in to make these deals. Not only do I give thanks, but because of these deals, I feel like supporting and shopping at k-mart more frequently.

A company can put a good deal out there, but when they have great people who go above and beyond the call of duty like you guys do, it leaves a lasting good impression about it.

In reference to the Homefront deal for tommorrow, are you supposed to just ask for the cashier to ring up your Xbox Live points card and it will automatically discount by 100%? Most anytime I ask an employee about a special that I read about here, they look at me like I'm trying to pull some kind of con job.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Welcome Ad Monster.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys do for us. I would like to thank you, and k-mart for taking effort and money they put in to make these deals. Not only do I give thanks, but because of these deals, I feel like supporting and shopping at k-mart more frequently.

A company can put a good deal out there, but when they have great people who go above and beyond the call of duty like you guys do, it leaves a lasting good impression about it.[/QUOTE]
It's great to hear that feedback. We constantly strive to put out hot promotions and we do everything we can to make our customers want to come to Kmart for gaming items.

[quote name='SRTDET']In reference to the Homefront deal for tommorrow, are you supposed to just ask for the cashier to ring up your Xbox Live points card and it will automatically discount by 100%? Most anytime I ask an employee about a special that I read about here, they look at me like I'm trying to pull some kind of con job.[/QUOTE]
I would inform them that this deal was set up via Kmartgamer. It is an instant conditional offer. They need to total both items, then the system should automatically deduct the savings. If by chance this does not work correctly, then please email me your receipt, store info, and personal info. Josh will post in the blog and in the OP what the resolution will be.

@ SHC-That is great! Welcome Monster.. Like the monster aspect.. @fujimitsu-Exactly. It is almost comical how often the same questions/whining ensues over the same topic over and over again.. I continue to feel Kmart is at the top for purchasing new games-and I used to buy most if not all from TRU and Amazon, but w/ the 25 dollar giftcards/points and free MS point cards- loving the 30 dollars off the 4000pt cards-I buy from Kmart now...period.. Besides a few hang ups in local chains-which in no way reflect onto SHC and team (which they are awesome) -I will remain a customer. :) Thanks for the deals, Past and Future!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not that hot! But still good :)[/QUOTE]

Not that hot. :( Yeah. I would shard if it was that good of a deal.. I am more concerned about stock and how many will be per location.. I hate to sit in lines and refuse to do it, for anything anymore, it is too hard w/ a wife and a toddler to sit in lines...plus I would rather not get ragged on by the better half for wasting a day for a "toy"... I am hoping I can just pop in at opening ;)

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']@ SHC-That is great! Welcome Monster.. Like the monster aspect.. @fujimitsu-Exactly. It is almost comical how often the same questions/whining ensues over the same topic over and over again.. I continue to feel Kmart is at the top for purchasing new games-and I used to buy most if not all from TRU and Amazon, but w/ the 25 dollar giftcards/points and free MS point cards- loving the 30 dollars off the 4000pt cards-I buy from Kmart now...period.. Besides a few hang ups in local chains-which in no way reflect onto SHC and team (which they are awesome) -I will remain a customer. :) Thanks for the deals, Past and Future![/QUOTE]
It is great and loyal customers like you that enables us to be able to create top promotions, so we really appreciate your business.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not that hot! But still good :)[/QUOTE]

Not that hot. :( Yeah. I would shard if it was that good of a deal.. I am more concerned about stock and how many will be per location.. I hate to sit in lines and refuse to do it, for anything... Here is hoping a decent deal, better than the "free case" from walmart and enough stock. :) ;)

I can wait for tomorrow. My cousin and I will be looking for a decent haul:

2X Homefront for 360
Yazuza 4 deal with yakuza 3
Top Spin 4 for PS3

Heres hoping they have everything and everything totals correctly :)

Yup, count me in among those that now purchase all there new games from Kmart. Even when there was a snag SHC fixed it right away.

I'm looking forward to grabbing Yakuza 4 at Kmart tomorrow, hopefully there will still be some copies of Yakuza 3 left with everyone buying them at $15

I bought a couple of games at a local Kmart last week. Kmart wasn't really on my radar for game purchases until I started following this thread.

My experience at the local Kmart was really good. The employee was helpful, and the electronics area was organized fairly well.

SHC-Gamer mentioned that there is an online inventory check available for hundreds of stores. Is he referring to the inventory check on kmart.com? That doesn't show many games. Is there another online inventory check that we can use?

[quote name='hetz15']Dumb question, Big K and Kmart are the same thing right? Just want to make sure if the game deal will work there too.[/QUOTE]

You got it

[quote name='hetz15']Dumb question, Big K and Kmart are the same thing right? Just want to make sure if the game deal will work there too.[/QUOTE]
It'd work with Medium Kmart, if they had one.

It would work with medium or small K, if they had them.

[quote name='chiwii']I bought a couple of games at a local Kmart last week. Kmart wasn't really on my radar for game purchases until I started following this thread.

My experience at the local Kmart was really good. The employee was helpful, and the electronics area was organized fairly well.

SHC-Gamer mentioned that there is an online inventory check available for hundreds of stores. Is he referring to the inventory check on kmart.com? That doesn't show many games. Is there another online inventory check that we can use?[/QUOTE]
It is one and the same; I know they are still working on improving it though. To your point, it is not the best as it stands.

He'll have full access to the OP edits as well. By the way, thank him for all the wonderful coupons from LY, he was the one that made sure they were set up each week![/QUOTE]
Well, I for one welcome our new Kmart overlord. :)

May the blue light of savings shine upon thee.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Well, I for one welcome our new Kmart overlord. :)

May the blue light of savings shine upon thee.[/QUOTE]
Now you're are just giving him a big head, Jim, don't listen, you are still a minion :)

BTW, because I'm an ass, I may be listing the 3DS deal on my Facebook page only today. Why, because I have very low self esteem and want more people to like me.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Josh-Deane/135696106499686

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Now your are just giving him a big head, Jim, don't listen, you are still a minion :)[/QUOTE]
How many minions do you have? They're all registered from Jun 2010, waiting to reveal themselves at a crucial time of need.

(a shadowy figure materializes and kneels before the almighty SHC-Gamer) "SHC Secret Weapon, reporting."

[quote name='sadboy']How many minions do you have? They're all registered from Jun 2010, just waiting to make their grand entrance.[/QUOTE]
As always you crack me up.

My minions are not that extensive :)

Firstly I'd like to welcome Jim to the fold. I hope you don't have a melt down of epic proportions when picking up the slack from Josh. As we all know StockBoy was committed a few times in the past month for psychiatric rehabilitation. :lol:

Secondly @Josh I followed up with your email from yesterday.

Here is to hoping tomorrow is a grand day. Homefront and Yakuza I will be having a hard time deciding which to play. I've not played Yakuza 3 so I'm really drawn to getting both games and being able to continue my seudo Japanese Mafia story.

My faith in Homefront has been kinda squashed this past weekend by some saying that the SP is rather short. And for something that is supposed to set up this grand narrative that seems disappointing. None the less I know there is a great MP game in there that looks to be pretty awesome. For those that are interested I highly suggest picking up the corresponding book for the game. It really got me excited for the game.

Lastly will we be seeing any more hardware deals in the recent future? My father in-law has held our PS3 hostage till he can get his own. The randsom notes he keeps leaving tell me I should talk to Josh and Co. about when he can expect a new deal on a 360 or PS3.

[quote name='bzchanboy']Firstly I'd like to welcome Jim to the fold. I hope you don't have a melt down of epic proportions when picking up the slack from Josh. As we all know StockBoy was committed a few times in the past month for psychiatric rehabilitation. :lol:

Secondly @Josh I followed up with your email from yesterday.

Here is to hoping tomorrow is a grand day. Homefront and Yakuza I will be having a hard time deciding which to play. I've not played Yakuza 3 so I'm really drawn to getting both games and being able to continue my seudo Japanese Mafia story.

My faith in Homefront has been kinda squashed this past weekend by some saying that the SP is rather short. And for something that is supposed to set up this grand narrative that seems disappointing. None the less I know there is a great MP game in there that looks to be pretty awesome. For those that are interested I highly suggest picking up the corresponding book for the game. It really got me excited for the game.

Lastly will we be seeing any more hardware deals in the recent future? My father in-law has held our PS3 hostage till he can get his own. The randsom notes he keeps leaving tell me I should talk to Josh and Co. about when he can expect a new deal on a 360 or PS3.[/QUOTE]

You should check out our sale this week, buy the 4GB Xbox w/ Kinect ($299) and get Dance Central free. We also had a buy a PS3 get MLB the show free last week. I know next week has a solid PS3 deal but the one you will want will be on the front page of the 3-27 ad (let's just say it may or may not include the Killzone 3 bundle and there shouldn't be a supply problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back