Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Please, I was the one who figured out how to do the special moves...I had to teach you, just like I would in an old fashioned throwdown.[/QUOTE]
I believe, Josh, these are what people like to refer to as "fighting words." :)

Just wanted to add my thanks to this thread.

Picked up LBP 2 and Dead Space 2 and PSN card with no problems.

Haven't been a big Kmart customer, but this and other deals are bringing me around.

I even ended up signing up for the SYWR membership.

Thanks again.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Stockboy knows better.......[/QUOTE]

Please, I was the one who figured out how to do the special moves...I had to teach you, just like I would in an old fashioned throwdown.

I went to the K-Mart in South FL on 163rd, right by Biscayne Blvd. Got LBP2 + DS2 + PSN $20 card for $94.xx no problem, at the register anyway.

Nobody was at electronics when I got there, and these two ladies had been waiting there for what they claimed to be 45 minutes. They were picking up two television sets. When one of the CS reps showed up (an older lady), they asked why they were left stranded for nearly an hour. The rep responded that she just drove 'halfway across the city' to get there, and the two ladies had no idea what that was supposed to mean, and neither did I. The CS rep asked for them to wait a second, and the two ladies gave her a smart remark. The rep walked away.

She then came back and got the model number. She left, and as she came back, she told them she couldn't find the television set. The ladies began to yell violently, telling the rep to 'leave the store' and 'go back home'. The rep left quietly with her head down and I'm pretty sure she was in tears. The two ladies were asked to go up front, to which they shouted, "I've been all over this damn store!". Finally, they got a young man to come help them out.

Through all this, I was waiting for a rep myself. A younger lady asked if I needed help when I was standing at the desk. She went to get the key to the video game glass case, which took her a good 5-7 minutes. After grabbing my games, she walked me to the front, where the cashiers were hanging out with some customers. They instructed me and the rep to walk down to the other side of the cashier lanes to be checked out by a lonely cashier. From there on out, the process was painless.

Just another KMart story. The deals are really solid, but there's always a 'unique' experience to go with them.

[quote name='Geb']Yes, you need the DS2 disc to play Extraction. I just played it last night. It's pretty cool, but the gunplay definitely feels slower than something like House of the Dead, but fun nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

I played the first 3 chapters of Extraction last night and while it's fun even with just the Dualshock, there's way too much downtime for a rail shooter. Anybody know if it picks up later on?

[quote name='davjaffe']Quick question for SHC-Gamer, if he happens to be reading . . .

I want to pick up the deal on Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but the only K-Marts anywhere near me are in Manhattan. Will they be participating?

Last time I bought a game at K-Mart (NBA Jam when it dropped to $30), they were hesitant to give me the deal, and when they did, they acted as if it was a special one-time thing.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
They will be!

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Please, I was the one who figured out how to do the special moves...I had to teach you, just like I would in an old fashioned throwdown.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the scrawny inventory manager vs. the former full contact fighter....yes, that would go great for you.

It's on, coming over to your cube to initiate an epic confrontation.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, the scrawny inventory manager vs. the former full contact fighter....yes, that would go great for you.

It's on, coming over to your cube to initiate an epic confrontation.[/QUOTE]

ownage? :boxing:

Josh,

Do you have any control over the Sear's gaming section's pricing? If not is their another employee that holds a similar title or position such as yourself but deals solely with Sears?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Now I understand why people don't like you. Were you just sittin back and hitting Refresh on this thread until Altanis made a post?[/QUOTE]
Now why would I do that? Feel free to look through my posts and see how many millions of times I reply to him... Yawn.

Just wanted to add my thanks to this thread. I picked up the PS3 versions of ME2 and DS2 and a $20 PSN card for $97.xx at the Seattle Kmart the other day. If deals like this continue to be available, I will keep buying from Kmart.

[quote name='Altanis']
If they're anything like prepaid phone cards, the second you scan it and pay for it, you can't return it. It's because there's no way for them to know that you haven't used it (even if there's no way in hell that you hadn't).
[/QUOTE]

Unless you have a way of reading what's under the scratchoff area on the XBOX points cards without actually scratching it off, then the card can't really be used and returned. So I don't know what harm there is to the retailer in taking them back.

The same applies for the Xbox Gold Live 12 month cards.

I was able to return a 12 month card to Best Buy lately. Not sure if the same policy applies to KMart but a quick look at their return policy didn't expressly prohibit them from being returned, from what I can tell.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']Unless you have a way of reading what's under the scratchoff area on the XBOX points cards without actually scratching it off, then the card can't really be used and returned. So I don't know what harm there is to the retailer in taking them back.

The same applies for the Xbox Gold Live 12 month cards.

I was able to return a 12 month card to Best Buy lately. Not sure if the same policy applies to KMart but a quick look at their return policy didn't expressly prohibit them from being returned, from what I can tell.[/QUOTE]

well for psn cards they aren't activated UNTIL the cashier rings them up.. hence why you can't return them.. has nothing to do with the scratch off because you can enter the code but doesn't matter unless the card was activated.

[quote name='GBAstar']Josh,

Do you have any control over the Sear's gaming section's pricing? If not is their another employee that holds a similar title or position such as yourself but deals solely with Sears?[/QUOTE]
I do actually, but I am much more restrained here than at Kmart.

If I buy Mass Effect 2 from K-Mart after 01/30 for $44.99 and buy it with Dead Space 2, would I get DS2 for 50% off PLUS the $20 PSN card?

EDIT:
Never mind, saw that the DS2 deal is only until 01/29.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='medetron']well for psn cards they aren't activated UNTIL the cashier rings them up.. hence why you can't return them.. has nothing to do with the scratch off because you can enter the code but doesn't matter unless the card was activated.[/QUOTE]

The same for the XBox cards too - but even when they are activated at purchase, they still require a scratchoff code to be used an inputted by the user. Not sure if the same thing applies to the PSN cards.

That's why I was thinking that there shouldn't be harm to the seller (unless they cannot be deactivated and reactivated - I guess it becomes a target for theft???) in accepting returns if the scratchoff hadn't been tampered with.

I am sure every store has their own policy on it though.

It doesn't matter if the card is activated or not. There's no way for the store to know whether you already redeemed it or not where there's a scratchoff code or not.

It's the same with prepaid phone cards. No returns.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone, even those who don't like me, when I say : just shut up.[/QUOTE]

^^THIS. josh is here trying to give us deals,and some of you guys are trying to fuck him over. you wanna screw somebody go screw wal-mart.

[quote name='Altanis']It doesn't matter if the card is activated or not. There's no way for the store to know whether you already redeemed it or not where there's a scratchoff code or not.

It's the same with prepaid phone cards. No returns.[/QUOTE]
Except someone just said they were able to return a card.

[quote name='FuriousBobby 2.0']^^THIS. josh is here trying to give us deals,and some of you guys are trying to fuck him over. you wanna screw somebody go screw wal-mart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Josh is doing a lot here. I've never witnessed a rep be so proactive within the community. Fortunately, there are a lot more good people than bad.

Going against my better judgment I'll respond to someone on my ignore list. Simply due to the sheer stupidity of the comment.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Except someone just said they were able to return a card.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. TO BEST BUY. And it was an Xbox Live card.

Did you even fucking read what they wrote? Or did you just see "I returned one" and thought "Aha, Altanis is wrong!" even though what they wrote didn't apply in this situation?

Note: I'm not going to respond to whatever you say in response. I just thought that what you wrote here was quite possibly dumber than my best friend's mom telling us she realized that she had been saying the wrong age for weeks.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Except someone just said they were able to return a card.[/QUOTE]

A lucky exception to the rule, why are you arguing this? This isn't a matter of opinion, it's fact.

So if I mainly wanted LBP2 for the cheapest price the best idea at the moment would wait until Mass Effect 2 is on sale and then grab LBP2 for $30 and then trade-in or sell Mass Effect 2 for PS3? But then I'm wondering... should I just get the "free" $20 worth of PSN or Xbox 360 points and trade-in Dead Space 2 for $40 on Amazon.com and sell the multiplayer code separate for another $5 or so...

Assuming Mass Effect 2 trade-in is the same ($40):
Wait: $80.22 for ME2 and LBP2 - $40 trade in = LBP2 for $40.22
Now: $96.28 for DS2 and LBP2 and $20 code card - $40 trade in - $5 multiplayer code = $51.28 for LBP2 and $20 code... I guess a half price $20 code is a good deal :)

Sorry for typing outloud, hopefully someone was helped by this!

I'm starting to think I'm the only CAG who shops at the Sunrise store in Sacramento, they had about 10-15 $20 cards, about 10+ copies of Dead Space 2, sadly no copies of LBP2, but that's ok, I'll pick it up some other time.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm starting to think I'm the only CAG who shops at the Sunrise store in Sacramento, they had about 10-15 $20 cards, about 10+ copies of Dead Space 2, sadly no copies of LBP2, but that's ok, I'll pick it up some other time.[/QUOTE]

You might have company. I usually go to the South Sacramento store...but it's...dicey enough with the clientele around there.

Smidget,
I think you can also get $40 right now with trade in and edge for LBP2 at GS ($25 + $2.50 10% edge + $12.50 50% bonus). Provided you use the credit immediately.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']You might have company. I usually go to the South Sacramento store...but it's...dicey enough with the clientele around there.

Smidget,
I think you can also get $40 right now with trade in and edge for LBP2 at GS ($25 + $2.50 10% edge + $12.50 50% bonus). Provided you use the credit immediately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been to that one, I didn't like it. The Sunrise one has all their games organized and I haven't met a terrible employee there yet.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm starting to think I'm the only CAG who shops at the Sunrise store in Sacramento, they had about 10-15 $20 cards, about 10+ copies of Dead Space 2, sadly no copies of LBP2, but that's ok, I'll pick it up some other time.[/QUOTE]

I go to the one on Stockton Blvd. Worst service ever.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Thanks bud! Nintendo is shipping them on Monday with two day delivery according to our Rep. I'll keep checking though.[/QUOTE]
Just saw this post now (not sure how I originally missed it).

Thanks for the update, Josh. That means that hopefully the Kmarts here will have them out on Friday. That works for me.

Any clue how many copies you're gonna have of either for the chain?

[quote name='girlracer']will the CE of MvsC3 also get the points?[/QUOTE]
The CEs have always gotten the same deal (or better) as the regular edition.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I go to the one on Stockton Blvd. Worst service ever.[/QUOTE]

That's the first one I went into when Josh started these deals, I noticed how terrible the selection was, how ghetto the area was, and how terrible the customer service was, left there and drove over to the sunrise one and it was 1000x better. I live in the middle of both stores (right next to Sac State). Also want to say if any Kmart CAGs in Sacramento feel like having a beer or eating with another CAG I'm totally open to it!

[quote name='Astroranagun']if only the 50% off coupon from ME2 able to apply to KZ3 CE...if they sell one then i would jump in. :)[/QUOTE]
What coupon are you talking about? There are no coupons.

Hey Josh, any news if you guys will get the Ps3 accessory Sharpshooter gun that will be releasing I believe same day or day before Killzone 3? And if you do get it, any combo deals for getting the game and gun?

[quote name='girlracer']will the CE of MvsC3 also get the points?[/QUOTE]

If you find one, yes. If you don't get any points, send an email to Josh to let him know. He'll hook you up with what you missed out. The only time it won't happen or if the amount is different is if it's specifically stated in the OP or he's mentioned it somewhere along the thread and forgot to update the OP.

My Kmart became a ghost town after the holidays as well. I remember going to buy games and the parking lot was surprisingly full. Now I don't have to worry about competition. Or someone hiding ME2 during Black Friday, only to find them the next day.

[quote name='Smidget']So if I mainly wanted LBP2 for the cheapest price the best idea at the moment would wait until Mass Effect 2 is on sale and then grab LBP2 for $30 and then trade-in or sell Mass Effect 2 for PS3? But then I'm wondering... should I just get the "free" $20 worth of PSN or Xbox 360 points and trade-in Dead Space 2 for $40 on Amazon.com and sell the multiplayer code separate for another $5 or so...

Assuming Mass Effect 2 trade-in is the same ($40):
Wait: $80.22 for ME2 and LBP2 - $40 trade in = LBP2 for $40.22
Now: $96.28 for DS2 and LBP2 and $20 code card - $40 trade in - $5 multiplayer code = $51.28 for LBP2 and $20 code... I guess a half price $20 code is a good deal :)

Sorry for typing outloud, hopefully someone was helped by this![/QUOTE]

Well my local Kmart didn't have LBP2, so I'll go searching tomorrow!

Damn so many Sacramentans. Only one i been to is the one on stockton blvd but watch your back carefully and hold on tight to that cheapass wallet of yours.

[quote name='Altanis']Going against my better judgment I'll respond to someone on my ignore list. Simply due to the sheer stupidity of the comment.

Yeah. TO BEST BUY. And it was an Xbox Live card.

Did you even fucking read what they wrote? Or did you just see "I returned one" and thought "Aha, Altanis is wrong!" even though what they wrote didn't apply in this situation?

Note: I'm not going to respond to whatever you say in response. I just thought that what you wrote here was quite possibly dumber than my best friend's mom telling us she realized that she had been saying the wrong age for weeks.[/QUOTE]
I'm not arguing it. The way you've replied to the issue makes it seem as if its an absolute at every store in the universe. You never specifically implied K-Mart in any of your posts...wanna know why? Because you don't work for them--you have no idea as to what they will return and what they won't. K-Mart is very much YMMV when it comes to everything.

That sucks, I was waiting on picking up ME2 for the 30th deal to get it for $45 and DC Universe 50% off and now you put DC Universe on sale that week. Come on Josh, what the hell man. Is there anyway the system will still give 50 percent off since its base price is 59.99?

Well, this may be premature, but I'd be surprised if I bothered with another Kmart deal again.....

I went to the Clinton Twp, Garfield store (MI) and had to spend over an hour there and still didn't get everything I went in for.

I asked the electronics associate about the ME2 and LBP2 BOGO offers because I didn't see anything in the display case indicating the deal. He was clueless but offered to scan the game. Nothing.

The display showed the DS2 + PSN card so I figured I'd just move on. 45 minutes later the manager finally figured out how to get me my damn game plus card. Rang it up four different ways. I even told them how to do it and I was ignored.

I also pulled up the kmartgamer blog site on my phone which specifically states the ME2 and LBP2 offers are IN STORE. Even after handing the phone to her, the manager still refused to honor the deal because it was not in the weekly circular she was referring to.

Yes, I know I could have purchased them and asked Josh for help but I didn't have that kind of cash to buy three full priced games at once.

If Kmart's customer service is normally like this, I can see why they are struggling to survive.

[quote name='ponn01']That sucks, I was waiting on picking up ME2 for the 30th deal to get it for $45 and DC Universe 50% off and now you put DC Universe on sale that week. Come on Josh, what the hell man. Is there anyway the system will still give 50 percent off since its base price is 59.99?[/QUOTE]

The system wouldn't allow it.

You could buy them both right now and try to get ME2 price adjusted later. It'd be either that, or purchase another $60 game and use it as a placeholder until DCU is no longer on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back