Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chriscolbert']So you openly admit you were trying to combine promotions that weren't supposed to be combined?[/QUOTE]
Yes I admit what I was doing. I'm not doing anything wrong. And the promotions can be combined since it 1 promotion combined with a PM. If not for the gaming coupons I would have waiting. And the PSN card is nice, but using the expiring gaming coupons was more of a factor. PM is their policy, not a policy I made up.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Rather than mention karma, I'll just say that it had been confirmed already that if you try returning ME2 (if you did the B1G1 50% deal) that the system shows it at $44.99 due to it splitting the $30 over both games.

So even had everything else worked perfectly fine for you, the price match wouldn't have.

Throw in the fact that you did all this prior to your coupons expiring (which makes sense) to make a great deal even greater, I'm even more baffled that you would scheme to price match in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you realize that you are on a website named "Cheap ass" and not "Semi-cheap ass".....you shouldn't be baffled so easily. I'm not doing anything wrong.

BTW, I wasn't thinking of returning the games because I heard other people say that you lose the gaming coupon savings.

To all,
If you think I'm crossing the line with PMing a great deal, so be it.

SHC, when you say stores will fight back, you mean on the price match? I shouldn't have any trouble getting the game to ring up for 40 on Sunday, should I?

[quote name='medetron']how you figure that? did an employee tell you that? actually you don't need a card to use the points. you just have to setup a 4 digit pin on there website and you should be good to go. i never got a card and wont be getting one just because i love it when 10 employees tell me i need a card and then after 10 minutes see the dumb look on there face when it works lol. THIS misinformation i hear all the time in sears...[/QUOTE]
Not an employee, I just remember around the time of the Black Ops deal, a ton of people in here saying you needed the card to use the points. I didn't know, I just took the card with me everytime I wanted to use the points. I mean, it is probably a good idea to have it on you if you are going to Kmart, it can't hurt.

[quote name='Daring']damn, how many sacramentan do we have here?

No wonder i can never find a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I've never felt so close to a community before! haha.

We have at least one other, who's in this thread often, that hasn't mentioned he's from Sacramento.

[quote name='Das_Regal']SHC, when you say stores will fight back, you mean on the price match? I shouldn't have any trouble getting the game to ring up for 40 on Sunday, should I?[/QUOTE]
Definitely should not have a problem getting the game for $40, I do think that community members who bought the game this week and are looking to get it price correct next week may run into difficulties since the stores technically have no point of reference. The only way I could discount a title without losing publisher support within a week of release was to do it outside of normal channels so to speak.

Josh,

I just wanted to report that I had a good experience at the Indianapolis (Pendleton Pike) Kmart yesterday evening. There was a CSR in the electronics department and the store was fully stocked with ME2, LBP2, DS2, PSN cards. The CSR was helpful (she was older with an oxygen tank) and very nice. The deals came up without a problem or having to mention anything and she seemed very surprised at the price (told her where the deal was from). One thing that is probably the norm at this location.. the parking lot had maybe 16 vehicles and upon entering, there was a line of 4 people at the Customer Service/Returns desk. I was in the store 10-15 minutes and on the way out there was a line of 6-7 at Customer Service. I kind of felt bad for the store, that half of the customers in the store were either returning items or having some kind of issue... or maybe applying for a job, I suppose. The place was kind of like walking back into the early 90s when I used to go there once or twice every couple weeks. Seems like Kmart needs a complete reimaging and renovation of their stores to really come back to relevancy. I do appreciate the deals, though, and that is a start for the store... but I feel it's going to take a hell of a lot more to turn it around.

[quote name='Readthepost']Yes I admit what I was doing. I'm not doing anything wrong. And the promotions can be combined since it 1 promotion combined with a PM. If not for the gaming coupons I would have waiting. And the PSN card is nice, but using the expiring gaming coupons was more of a factor. PM is their policy, not a policy I made up.

Dude, you realize that you are on a website named "Cheap ass" and not "Semi-cheap ass".....you shouldn't be baffled so easily. I'm not doing anything wrong.

BTW, I wasn't thinking of returning the games because I heard other people say that you lose the gaming coupon savings.

To all,
If you think I'm crossing the line with PMing a great deal, so be it.[/QUOTE]

I guess what I should have said is that I was baffled that you would be surprised a store would take measures to prevent abusing the system. If you buy one game to get another half off, the total spent in this case is $90 and the amount saved is $30. A store could acknowledge it as $59.99/$29.99, $54.99/$34.99, $49.99/$39.99, etc. It only makes sense for them to show both games at $44.99 if a return is attempted because unless both games are returned that's the ONLY way to properly account for the $30 promotional discount. While some retailers don't stop you from doing this it's nice to see K-Mart be ahead of the curve.

[quote name='Readthepost']Yes I admit what I was doing. I'm not doing anything wrong. And the promotions can be combined since it 1 promotion combined with a PM. If not for the gaming coupons I would have waiting. And the PSN card is nice, but using the expiring gaming coupons was more of a factor. PM is their policy, not a policy I made up.

To all,
If you think I'm crossing the line with PMing a great deal, so be it.[/QUOTE]
My official stance on the issue :) Not my company's just to be clear.

My company should honor the 7 day price window since the ad next week is $44.99 + 50% of any other title. If it was $44.99 only, I could see that they could deny it without issue.

I personally feel that price correcting's purpose is to allow customers who find out about a sale "after" they purchase the item to get support in order to make sure no one feels jipped.

I put sales out ahead of time for the community here to plan out purchases effectively not neccessarily to buy and price correct to get a better deal.

Now, I don't find the activity immoral nor am I upset by it in any fashion, it definitely is just my personal take. Hope this helps!

[quote name='chriscolbert']Throw in the fact that you did all this prior to your coupons expiring (which makes sense) to make a great deal even greater, I'm even more baffled that you would scheme to price match in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Scheme to get an even better deal because he used coupons? Seriously?

The coupons aren't ACTUAL coupons. If anything, you could consider them to be the equivalent of Reward Zone certs. Which is why we've seen the occasional SYWR points rather than the coupon itself.

To anyone wishing to PM it next week, let them try. If it doesn't, then their time was wasted. No amount of prior warning will stop their want of an extra $15.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']All miss priced; we have them for much less in our system. That's the major problem actually.[/QUOTE]
i hope that there is a trickle down effect of the level of customer service we're finding here to what we experience brick and mortar.
with the revived interest the online experience has given me I would really like that to materialize to in store interactions for more than just games.

oh man, I just p/u the LBP2 and DS2. Got the deal for $90, but then found out the NJ kmart stores don't offer the game cards any more! grrrrr.... now i'm out of 1600 XBLP. :( what a bummer.

[quote name='Rapid4ire']oh man, I just p/u the LBP2 and DS2. Got the deal for $90, but then found out the NJ kmart stores don't offer the game cards any more! grrrrr.... now i'm out of 1600 XBLP. :( what a bummer.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP, email Josh

[quote name='Interfeci']Scheme to get an even better deal because he used coupons? Seriously?

The coupons aren't ACTUAL coupons. If anything, you could consider them to be the equivalent of Reward Zone certs. Which is why we've seen the occasional SYWR points rather than the coupon itself.

To anyone wishing to PM it next week, let them try. If it doesn't, then their time was wasted. No amount of prior warning will stop their want of an extra $15.[/QUOTE]

I only mentioned that because he was already getting at least $20 (probably more) off the $90 to get the deal because of the coupons. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore though. I mean I'm certainly not the moral police, as I do more than my share of finding ways to scheme Best Buy. But to have the audacity to be so nonchalant about it in a thread run by an employee who is trying to help his employer be a player in the video game industry is just wrong IMO.

Went to Kmart during lunch, but they didn't have any copies of Dead Space 2. I asked the guy at the register and he said they didn't have any in the back either. I didn't ask about the PSN cards, but I didn't see any of those around either. Disappointed...

[quote name='transamdude95']Josh,

I just wanted to report that I had a good experience at the Indianapolis (Pendleton Pike) Kmart yesterday evening. [/QUOTE]

Nice to hear of another CAG in Indianapolis. My closest one is on west washington and it's the worst. Of the three that I visit, the one on East Washington always seems to have the best selection. They tend to keep it looking nice and neat and there is always someone in electronics that can help. I've been to the Pendleton Pike store several times. You describe it perfectly.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We are actually on the fence with it. I absolutely love the title but there are some negotiations with Capcom that need to happen still in order to get it done.[/QUOTE]
Awesome.

I loved the original Okami on the Wii, but with everything else coming out I am on the fence about getting it. Even without my planned DQ6 and B&W purchases, I'm not sure how I'd get to Okami by like June :D.

"Seems like Kmart needs a complete reimaging and renovation of their stores to really come back to relevancy. I do appreciate the deals, though, and that is a start for the store... but I feel it's going to take a hell of a lot more to turn it around."

I fully agree with this. It's time for a new logo, new colors, renovations (even small ones) for the stores...etc etc. K Mart has basically been the same since I was a little kid and that's longer then I care to admit. Plus, probably 4/5 K Marts I've been to are generally dirty with broken tiles and tons of merchandise in the aisles.

What is it with so many Kmarts not having new releases stocked on day one? Is it disorganization, laziness, or what? Whatever the case, it seems like a problem that could be fixed with minimal effort and could have quite an impact on sales.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Not an employee, I just remember around the time of the Black Ops deal, a ton of people in here saying you needed the card to use the points. I didn't know, I just took the card with me everytime I wanted to use the points. I mean, it is probably a good idea to have it on you if you are going to Kmart, it can't hurt.[/QUOTE]
The reason they needed the card was to get their pin. I think the issue seemed more convoluted because of the initial difficulities people had signing up with SYWR online.

[quote name='JKSonic']I fully agree with this. It's time for a new logo, new colors, renovations (even small ones) for the stores...etc etc. K Mart has basically been the same since I was a little kid and that's longer then I care to admit. Plus, probably 4/5 K Marts I've been to are generally dirty with broken tiles and tons of merchandise in the aisles.[/QUOTE]

The Kmarts around me are time capsules, but there are several farther out that have been renovated and are extremely nice. As nice as any Target.

I'm guessing this isn't a great time for SHC to put up the money for wholesale renovations, though.

[quote name='JKSonic']"Seems like Kmart needs a complete reimaging and renovation of their stores to really come back to relevancy. I do appreciate the deals, though, and that is a start for the store... but I feel it's going to take a hell of a lot more to turn it around."

I fully agree with this. It's time for a new logo, new colors, renovations (even small ones) for the stores...etc etc. K Mart has basically been the same since I was a little kid and that's longer then I care to admit. Plus, probably 4/5 K Marts I've been to are generally dirty with broken tiles and tons of merchandise in the aisles.[/QUOTE]
We will have 10 test gaming remodels in late spring in the Chicagoland area that if successful could potentially roll out to the chain. Keeping my fingers crossed!

[quote name='ShockandAww']What is it with so many Kmarts not having new releases stocked on day one? Is it disorganization, laziness, or what? Whatever the case, it seems like a problem that could be fixed with minimal effort and could have quite an impact on sales.[/QUOTE]
100% Agree. There was a CAG this week that has been one of our most loyal supporters that ufortunately was burned too many times by this issue. He wrote a respectful and wonderfully detailed letter (in word actually, not just an email) to SHC (sent to my email box of course) that is getting noticed by the very top of the company. I'm hoping that it helps open up more eyes to this issue as I cannot seem to get traction on it week to week outside of a few stores.

I haven't seen this specifically answered, and my searches were for naught. Since Kmart stores do not do pre-orders, will the first stock of Bulletstorm be regular editions or the Epic/Limited?

I don't think it affects my purchase decision, only whether I try to get there day one.

I'm sure the higher ups are less than pleased to know that people are trying to give Kmart their money but can't because the stores can't do what they're supposed to so they lose out on sales and customers, pretty sad really considering all of the effort you put in here to get these deals lined up.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I've never felt so close to a community before! haha.

We have at least one other, who's in this thread often, that hasn't mentioned he's from Sacramento.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that's me. I actually don't shop at KMart much anymore, after all my issues with the store on Stockton Blvd. The one on Sunrise has great staff and always has everything in stock, but it's 45 mins. roundtrip.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yes, the scrawny inventory manager vs. the former full contact fighter....yes, that would go great for you.

It's on, coming over to your cube to initiate an epic confrontation.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, I've survived one more day...and unfortunately I have to spend it doing my self year-end review. Thank god Josh isn't the one spilling the hate on it.

[quote name='Bamjoe']Is this thread the only place that says DC Universe Online is $45?[/QUOTE]
It will be on the blog before the promotion starts.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Uh oh, I've survived one more day...and unfortunately I have to spend it doing my self year-end review. Thank god Josh isn't the one spilling the hate on it.[/QUOTE]
You are scrappy, I'll give you that.

[quote name='kojubat']I haven't seen this specifically answered, and my searches were for naught. Since Kmart stores do not do pre-orders, will the first stock of Bulletstorm be regular editions or the Epic/Limited?

I don't think it affects my purchase decision, only whether I try to get there day one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm 99% sure all copies will be the epic edition where for 360 they come with the Gears 3 Demo.

[quote name='kojubat']I haven't seen this specifically answered, and my searches were for naught. Since Kmart stores do not do pre-orders, will the first stock of Bulletstorm be regular editions or the Epic/Limited?

I don't think it affects my purchase decision, only whether I try to get there day one.[/QUOTE]
Epic :)

I am 100% caught up with everyone. All were answered within 24 hours I believe. If you haven't heard back please reach out again as I have not received your email.

[quote name='rzenger']I'm sure the higher ups are less than pleased to know that people are trying to give Kmart their money but can't because the stores can't do what they're supposed to so they lose out on sales and customers, pretty sad really considering all of the effort you put in here to get these deals lined up.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I think if corporate knew just how much business they were losing because the workers weren't doing their job, they would freak.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Yep, I'm 99% sure all copies will be the epic edition where for 360 they come with the Gears 3 Demo.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Epic :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

The deals at Kmart have seriously been pretty awesome - but is anyone reminded of the old circuit city days? Great deals, but just not enough business... afraid they'll go that way...

Just some random questions, Josh:

-Is there any chance in the future of a sale on Rock Band peripherals? The keyboard refuses to drop in price anywhere, and I can't bring myself to spend $70 on another plastic instrument.
-Not so much for me as for others, since I already have it, but what about Dragon Age Origins: Complete (or the individual game/expansion) going on sale the same week as Dragon Age 2? I think the "sequel sales" are a cool idea to get people into a series.
-Purely based on what you've seen, which one do you think consumers will be more wowed by: the 3DS or the NGP? And if the NGP can compete within a reasonable amount with the 3DS' price, which do you think stands a better shot of selling? My curiosity has the better of me.

Thanks. :)

[quote name='nikkai']The deals at Kmart have seriously been pretty awesome - but is anyone reminded of the old circuit city days? Great deals, but just not enough business... afraid they'll go that way...[/QUOTE]

I do miss Circuit City, and coincidentally the empty Circuit City store in town is attached to the Kmart.

[quote name='nikkai']The deals at Kmart have seriously been pretty awesome - but is anyone reminded of the old circuit city days? Great deals, but just not enough business... afraid they'll go that way...[/QUOTE]
Not feelin' that actually. Even with the issues we have we are definitely one of the fastest growing retailers out there for gaming.

[quote name='IronClaw']Nice to hear of another CAG in Indianapolis. My closest one is on west washington and it's the worst. Of the three that I visit, the one on East Washington always seems to have the best selection. They tend to keep it looking nice and neat and there is always someone in electronics that can help. I've been to the Pendleton Pike store several times. You describe it perfectly.[/QUOTE]

I've been to the East Washington location quite a bit (used to live on far eastside). It's certainly the best Kmart anywhere near the city. I think one of the big contributing factors to the state of Kmart in Indy is location. The Pendleton Pike Kmart is within 3 minutes walking distance of two strip clubs and the area has been struggling for years. I did notice a couple newer fast food places across the street, but everything else there just looks so bad. The market in that area is just no good. That area on E Washington St hasn't seen much growth in a while and Eastgate mall has probably been bulldozed by now. You look at the Targets in Indy and they have built/moved them to nicer areas where people are actually willing to go to shop. Must say, though, I was rather surprised with the stock of games at the Pendleton Pike location. It is a depressing store to enter, though.

[quote name='Scorch']That means she didn't activate the card.[/QUOTE]
No.

It's just a general error with the store sometimes when you try adding funds.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We will have 10 test gaming remodels in late spring in the Chicagoland area that if successful could potentially roll out to the chain. Keeping my fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

Have the renovations already been designed? If gaming is one of the top ways Kmart is trying to become more relevant, then it might be better to have the electronics area more towards the front of the store. I'm not sure about other Kmarts since I haven't personally been in many, but in the one I went to yesterday, the electronics area was crammed into the back corner. The customer service desk was RIGHT at the front when you walk in... not a good thing for a store that has a line of people there constantly... it can take away consumer confidence in the store for people to see that as soon as they enter. ;)

Just stood around for half an hour for them to switch registers and tell me they don't know about the cards and it only applies to ps3.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I guess what I should have said is that I was baffled that you would be surprised a store would take measures to prevent abusing the system. If you buy one game to get another half off, the total spent in this case is $90 and the amount saved is $30. A store could acknowledge it as $59.99/$29.99, $54.99/$34.99, $49.99/$39.99, etc. It only makes sense for them to show both games at $44.99 if a return is attempted because unless both games are returned that's the ONLY way to properly account for the $30 promotional discount. While some retailers don't stop you from doing this it's nice to see K-Mart be ahead of the curve.[/QUOTE]
Give it a rest dude.

[quote name='transamdude95']Have the renovations already been designed? If gaming is one of the top ways Kmart is trying to become more relevant, then it might be better to have the electronics area more towards the front of the store. I'm not sure about other Kmarts since I haven't personally been in many, but in the one I went to yesterday, the electronics area was crammed into the back corner. The customer service desk was RIGHT at the front when you walk in... not a good thing for a store that has a line of people there constantly... it can take away consumer confidence in the store for people to see that as soon as they enter. ;)[/QUOTE]

Must be the norm for Kmarts, that's how mine is too, not to mention the fact that the electronics section is about as big as my living room and there is never anyone working in it, and if there is only room for one person per aisle. :bomb:

[quote name='fadersdream']Just stood around for half an hour for them to switch registers and tell me they don't know about the cards and it only applies to ps3.[/QUOTE]
As I said earlier...K-Mart is the biggest YMMV stores on the planet. When it comes to deals at K-Mart, every trip could result in any number of outcomes. Any other store? One outcome--a purchase.

I have to say that the K-Mart I shop at in Kansas City has always been an easy walk in buy game and get card/coupon/ etc. and walk out. Always plenty of stock on hand and the guy working the register is always on top of things with stickers on the cases and making sure discounts happen at the register.

[quote name='encendido5']Went to Kmart during lunch, but they didn't have any copies of Dead Space 2. I asked the guy at the register and he said they didn't have any in the back either. I didn't ask about the PSN cards, but I didn't see any of those around either. Disappointed...[/QUOTE]

At some K-Marts they put the PSN cards up front with the other gift cards. I really don't understand that as it definitely hurts possible impulse buying.

Oh and I agree with the time capsule statement another poster made. I returned to the K-Mart I grew up at in Burnham/Lewistown, PA the other week and it hadn't changed much except everything seemed more crammed. It was also fairly sad how many copies of older games they had including a ton of Gears of War that were stickered on top "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/07/06" At least they were marked down to $20 and pulled out of the glass cases, though.

Then again, they've never been known for gaming. I went with a friend there for the 360 launch and they had 12 systems. It was a shame as Wal-Mart had over 100 and K-Mart could've easily sold a lot more than a dozen.

[quote name='transamdude95']Have the renovations already been designed? If gaming is one of the top ways Kmart is trying to become more relevant, then it might be better to have the electronics area more towards the front of the store. I'm not sure about other Kmarts since I haven't personally been in many, but in the one I went to yesterday, the electronics area was crammed into the back corner. The customer service desk was RIGHT at the front when you walk in... not a good thing for a store that has a line of people there constantly... it can take away consumer confidence in the store for people to see that as soon as they enter. ;)[/QUOTE]

Are there stores where the customer service isn't at the front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back