Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']Are there stores where the customer service isn't at the front?[/QUOTE]
I can't think of any--thankfully this dude has nothing to do with retail store development.

[quote name='ShockandAww']What is it with so many Kmarts not having new releases stocked on day one? Is it disorganization, laziness, or what? Whatever the case, it seems like a problem that could be fixed with minimal effort and could have quite an impact on sales.[/QUOTE]

I said this in an earlier post, but I went to my Kmart three days in a row and after being rebuffed the first two time I came in armed with the knowledge from Josh that the shipment was actually in (the week before), despite them telling me time and again there was nothing in the back. And when the box was brought out, it was already opened and included copies of other games that had been put on the shelf the day before. I'm not sure they would have brought them out this week at all otherwise.

And the only reason I went through the trouble was because I had my last two coupons to use this week... had I been a casual customer, I would have just hopped on over to Target. They did seem to indicate that there weren't many people coming in using the deals, though. And this store is generally good about labeling the sales every week too.

As for store setup, not only are all customer service desks near the front, I don't think I've been in a store where the electronics dept was not somewhere in the back...

[quote name='fujishig']I don't think I've been in a store where the electronics dept was not somewhere in the back...[/QUOTE]

Less incentive for sticky fingers to grab something and take a few steps to the front door, too, I'm thinking.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I only mentioned that because he was already getting at least $20 (probably more) off the $90 to get the deal because of the coupons. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore though. I mean I'm certainly not the moral police, as I do more than my share of finding ways to scheme Best Buy. But to have the audacity to be so nonchalant about it in a thread run by an employee who is trying to help his employer be a player in the video game industry is just wrong IMO.[/QUOTE]

The only reason there is to be nonchalant about it is due to it being a policy they have, and this being a deal discussion thread along with a customer service thread. But the perspective does change when you're completely aware they're reading. So I understand where you're coming from.

[quote name='salty tbone']Less incentive for sticky fingers to grab something and take a few steps to the front door, too, I'm thinking.[/QUOTE]

Same reason the milk is usually the furthest in a grocery store. As you pass by the aisles, you might end up picking up more than you came for.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I only mentioned that because he was already getting at least $20 (probably more) off the $90 to get the deal because of the coupons. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore though. I mean I'm certainly not the moral police, as I do more than my share of finding ways to scheme Best Buy. But to have the audacity to be so nonchalant about it in a thread run by an employee who is trying to help his employer be a player in the video game industry is just wrong IMO.[/QUOTE]
So in other words...do as I say, not as I do.

Nice man.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I guess what I should have said is that I was baffled that you would be surprised a store would take measures to prevent abusing the system. If you buy one game to get another half off, the total spent in this case is $90 and the amount saved is $30. A store could acknowledge it as $59.99/$29.99, $54.99/$34.99, $49.99/$39.99, etc. It only makes sense for them to show both games at $44.99 if a return is attempted because unless both games are returned that's the ONLY way to properly account for the $30 promotional discount. While some retailers don't stop you from doing this it's nice to see K-Mart be ahead of the curve.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the stores will never learn... Til they do, we all get some awesome deals

[quote name='fadersdream']I've been standing here for a half hour trying to buy these games. This place is miserable.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks for the live update.

[quote name='fadersdream']Just stood around for half an hour for them to switch registers and tell me they don't know about the cards and it only applies to ps3.[/QUOTE]

The employees at the store don't need to know anything about the deal. It will ring up correctly on its own. Just get the games for the system you want. If they store is out of cards, talk to Josh and he will get you a $20 gift card in replacement.

As has been said before, its best to not even say anything to the employees, you are just wasting your time.

[quote name='Interfeci']Same reason the milk is usually the furthest in a grocery store. As you pass by the aisles, you might end up picking up more than you came for.[/QUOTE]
This. It's crazy how much goes into the placement and design to get you to spend more money and time.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']So in other words...do as I say, not as I do.

Nice man.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah of course. It's all situational. If there was a Best Buy rep in here getting ideas and feedback from the gaming community to provide great deals it might be a different story. Keep in mind that I only mentioned Best Buy because I have a personal vendetta against them that I will not go into here. I don't go out of my way to do any harm to Target or even Wal-Mart, so I keep things in perspective.

I certainly don't expect everyone to agree on my concept of right and wrong, but I do believe that what Josh is trying to do is unprecedented and think that we owe it to him to not discuss things that go against his efforts.

[quote name='Jason28']The employees at the store don't need to know anything about the deal. It will ring up correctly on its own. Just get the games for the system you want. If they store is out of cards, talk to Josh and he will get you a $20 gift card in replacement.

As has been said before, its best to not even say anything to the employees, you are just wasting your time.[/QUOTE]
This. Oh my god a million times this.

For the millionth time people, stop fucking talking to the people working about the deals like they know what's going on. It's not in the weekly ad, and all the associates are going to know is what is in the weekly ad.
The ONLY time this is any different is if you get someone who knows what the KmartGamer.com blog is or (like in one case posted) you get someone who works at Kmart and reads CAG.

I don't get why people bitch about the store's associates being clueless when they bring the "problem" (that doesn't exist) on themselves by opening their mouths.

Bottom line: Keep your trap shut unless when you go to pay the total isn't correct. Period. If it doesn't ring up correctly, THEN you say something. Otherwise, go in, get the games, get your points card, and go to the register. Everything will work itself out 99.99% of the time.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well yeah of course. It's all situational. If there was a Best Buy rep in here getting ideas and feedback from the gaming community to provide great deals it might be a different story. Keep in mind that I only mentioned Best Buy because I have a personal vendetta against them that I will not go into here. I don't go out of my way to do any harm to Target or even Wal-Mart, so I keep things in perspective.

I certainly don't expect everyone to agree on my concept of right and wrong, but I do believe that what Josh is trying to do is unprecedented and think that we owe it to him to not discuss things that go against his efforts.[/QUOTE]
That's my point.

Not everyone has to accept your beliefs on right and wrong; they have the right to disagree--so what's the point in arguing with everyone about their decisions when it comes to K-Mart when they are afforded the same?

[quote name='Altanis']This. Oh my god a million times this.

For the millionth time people, stop fucking talking to the people working about the deals like they know what's going on. It's not in the weekly ad, and all the associates are going to know is what is in the weekly ad.
The ONLY time this is any different is if you get someone who knows what the KmartGamer.com blog is or (like in one case posted) you get someone who works at Kmart and reads CAG.

I don't get why people bitch about the store's associates being clueless when they bring the "problem" (that doesn't exist) on themselves by opening their mouths.

Bottom line: Keep your trap shut unless when you go to pay the total isn't correct. Period. If it doesn't ring up correctly, THEN you say something. Otherwise, go in, get the games, get your points card, and go to the register. Everything will work itself out 99.99% of the time.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen anyone get so heated over K-Mart discussions before--skip your meds?

You sure love telling people what to do.

[quote name='jer7583']Are you sure you want to add FINALBOSS to your ignore list?[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

You're a bit late to the party. But welcome to the club anyway!

I've never mentioned the deals to them and there has been only once where the offer didn't ring up right and that was with the buy one get one 50 percent off. Didn't get all pissy, didn't cry, I emailed Josh and the problem was solved. You people need to learn just not to mention the deals, causing your body too much stress getting mad and huffy over something that's fixable.

[quote name='jer7583']Are you sure you want to add FINALBOSS to your ignore list?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']:rofl:

You're a bit late to the party. But welcome to the club anyway![/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']I was waiting for a mod to save me the trouble. But yes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FINALBOSS']For what?[/QUOTE]
Funny, but I will never have an ignore list. I dont know what I would be missing! :bouncy:
EDIT: And if anyone has me on their ignore list...hello!! Hello!? Can you hear me?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']That's my point.

Not everyone has to accept your beliefs on right and wrong; they have the right to disagree--so what's the point in arguing with everyone about their decisions when it comes to K-Mart when they are afforded the same?[/QUOTE]

This really started because as you know I inadvertently found out yesterday that ME2 would ring up $44.99 if a return was attempted if initially purchased as part of the B1G1 sale. When whoever it was posted that they didn't like how they had to manually adjust his transaction and that he wouldn't be able to price match it next week because of it, I felt compelled to remind him that it wouldn't have worked anyway. Yes I questioned his intent and said it was wrong because while they do have a price match policy, anyone with any level of education knows that package deals don't apply because you're already getting THAT deal. It's either/or and not both because let's face it, the only people that know about this week's deal also know about the one next week. So while some stores don't give a shit, it goes against the intent of the policy, which is to help the poor kid out that only bought ME2 for the PS3 on Saturday and then finds out it's $15 cheaper the very next day.

[quote name='wrencrest']Funny, but I will never have an ignore list. I dont know what I would be missing! :bouncy:
EDIT: And if anyone has me on their ignore list...hello!! Hello!? Can you hear me?[/QUOTE]
Same for me. I would hate to miss coofoosious making ironic statements!:lol:

[quote name='confoosious']It's a shame that you don't know what irony is.[/QUOTE]
You talking about ignoring someone is ironic on so many levels, my low-wattage friend.

[quote name='confoosious']It's a shame that you don't know what irony is.[/QUOTE]
It has begun to amaze me how many people incorrectly use the term irony.

It's ironic that people whine about Toyota being un-American when their Camry is built more in the US than my dad's F150. It's not ironic that confoosious has someone on their ignore list.

[quote name='confoosious']Lulz. Still don't get it do you?[/QUOTE]
Explain it to me, Einstein?
You never did finish thoroughly schooling me in your unsolicited PM/nastygram last week.

[quote name='Altanis']It has begun to amaze me how many people incorrectly use the term irony.

It's ironic that people whine about Toyota being un-American when their Camry is built more in the US than my dad's F150. It's not ironic that confoosious has someone on their ignore list.[/QUOTE]
If you knew anything about Coofoosious, you'd know I was using the word irony correctly.:D

[quote name='chriscolbert']This really started because as you know I inadvertently found out yesterday that ME2 would ring up $44.99 if a return was attempted if initially purchased as part of the B1G1 sale. When whoever it was posted that they didn't like how they had to manually adjust his transaction and that he wouldn't be able to price match it next week because of it, I felt compelled to remind him that it wouldn't have worked anyway. Yes I questioned his intent and said it was wrong because while they do have a price match policy, anyone with any level of education knows that package deals don't apply because you're already getting THAT deal. It's either/or and not both because let's face it, the only people that know about this week's deal also know about the one next week. So while some stores don't give a shit, it goes against the intent of the policy, which is to help the poor kid out that only bought ME2 for the PS3 on Saturday and then finds out it's $15 cheaper the very next day.[/QUOTE]
Ah, word. I returned mine--44.99.

[quote name='Vader582']Explain it to me, Einstein?
You never did finish thoroughly schooling me in your unsolicited PM/nastygram last week.

If you knew anything about Coofoosious, you'd know I was using the word irony correctly.:D[/QUOTE]
He sent you hate mail? Haha.

[quote name='io']Geez, that's enough people. Kmart, Kmart deals - on topic please! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hello!?

I'm not one to do this sort of thing, but do I need to hand out like 10 1 week silencings? It would be interesting to see how this thread would be if a certain set of people didn't post at all for that long - and it would be people on both sides of this so-called debate, by the way...

And I hazard to guess that a few people would become more productive in their work and personal lives if they took a break too... Maybe play a few games and such, even ;).

Hey JOSH, I can use some help. I just went to go buy Dead Space 2 and get the 1600 MS points card for free but the manager and associate told me that a new state law just passed and that they aren't allowed to sell any Microsoft or PSN cards at Kmart anymore? I showed them this thread and explained the deal and they said there is nothing they can do. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

[quote name='Scorch'].....finally got my SYWR card that I signed up for the day before Black Ops came out.. hahaha[/QUOTE]
Haha, that is kinda funny. At least you got one, even if it took almost 3 months.

I supposedly have been a SYWR member since February 22, 2010. I got my card in like maybe 2 weeks.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I've never mentioned the deals to them and there has been only once where the offer didn't ring up right and that was with the buy one get one 50 percent off. Didn't get all pissy, didn't cry, I emailed Josh and the problem was solved. You people need to learn just not to mention the deals, causing your body too much stress getting mad and huffy over something that's fixable.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, you're preaching to the wrong crowd.
No matter how much people post this over and over, there will still be posts of "ZOMG, the workers didn't know about this deal when I asked" which will be followed by "ugh, not this again" and other posts.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am 100% caught up with everyone. All were answered within 24 hours I believe. If you haven't heard back please reach out again as I have not received your email.[/QUOTE]

And I just got a response 1 hour from when I sent an email, that's amazing, thanks for the awesome customer service online!

[quote name='UNDRDOGx']Hey JOSH, I can use some help. I just went to go buy Dead Space 2 and get the 1600 MS points card for free but the manager and associate told me that a new state law just passed and that they aren't allowed to sell any Microsoft or PSN cards at Kmart anymore? I showed them this thread and explained the deal and they said there is nothing they can do. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You know what's crazy....they are right! Just learned of it myself. Feel free to shoot me your info (my info is in the OP) and receipt # and I'll take care of you.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You know what's crazy....they are right! Just learned of it myself. Feel free to shoot me your info (my info is in the OP) and receipt # and I'll take care of you.[/QUOTE]

What is the law? I happen to be in NJ on business.

[quote name='UNDRDOGx']Hey JOSH, I can use some help. I just went to go buy Dead Space 2 and get the 1600 MS points card for free but the manager and associate told me that a new state law just passed and that they aren't allowed to sell any Microsoft or PSN cards at Kmart anymore? I showed them this thread and explained the deal and they said there is nothing they can do. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This is certainly a novel way to prevent you from spending money there. That seems ludicrous.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You know what's crazy....they are right! Just learned of it myself. Feel free to shoot me your info (my info is in the OP) and receipt # and I'll take care of you.[/QUOTE]
Wow, do you have any more details?

This sounds interesting.

[quote name='confoosious']What the? That doesn't sound right.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I even checked on the shelves and there was not a single LIVE or PSN card on display, just the price tags and labels for them. There were none by the front registers either. I asked if they were just out of stock, and they said "By law we aren't allowed to sell them anymore"...

[quote name='confoosious']What is the law? I happen to be in NJ on business.[/QUOTE]
Bascially all "stored value" cards are not sellable any more in NJ according to my legal team. They had to pull them all down across the state! I have no idea why.

I wonder if it's due to a high crime rate? (Camden NJ is the city with the highest crime rate in the US).. it shouldn't count for MS/Sony because I wouldn't considered them "stored value" cards.. they have to be activated..

If it applies to the point cards, does it apply to gift cards? Phone cards? What a weird law..

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Bascially all "stored value" cards are not sellable any more in NJ according to my legal team. They had to pull them all down across the state! I have no idea why.[/QUOTE]

fucking new jersey.

Maybe they think xbox live and farmville fund terrorists.

Wow, that sounds stupid. Does that include just Wii/Xbox/PSN points cards or is it pretty much any prepaid card?

Just another reason never to live in or move to New Jersey. No offense intended to anyone that lives in New Jersey. Of the dozen people I know from there, all 12 think the place sucks.

It would be much easier to find helpful tips and news on this forum if you didn't need to sort through ten pages of bickering first. I come here looking for ways to save some cash, not to read petty rants like every other forum on the net.

[quote name='Scorch']I wonder if it's due to a high crime rate? (Camden NJ is the city with the highest crime rate in the US).. it shouldn't count for MS/Sony because I wouldn't considered them "stored value" cards.. they have to be activated..

If it applies to the point cards, does it apply to gift cards? Phone cards? What a weird law..[/QUOTE]
I'm still digging through it myself. Even basic Kmart Gift Cards were torn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back