Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Buy game this week, get the points next week. I just see it leading to confusion though and will require a lot of personal emails between me and customers.[/QUOTE]

if anything its between us and the SYWR program

i just got an email saying 5X the points on my first purchase...i already bought MvC3, so it doesnt apply now, but i do wonder if i could have got 150,000 points per copy for buying MvC3 or 500,000 considering i got the 100,000 "bonus"

[quote name='aleraiders']if anything its between us and the SYWR program[/QUOTE]
I wish it was that simple, but having my email on the blog is a blessing and a curse.

[quote name='1020chase']i just got an email saying 5X the points on my first purchase...i already bought MvC3, so it doesnt apply now, but i do wonder if i could have got 150,000 points per copy for buying MvC3 or 500,000 considering i got the 100,000 "bonus"[/QUOTE]
I believe the 5x is for your base points, not a bonus offer.

[quote name='1020chase']i just got an email saying 5X the points on my first purchase...i already bought MvC3, so it doesnt apply now, but i do wonder if i could have got 150,000 points per copy for buying MvC3 or 500,000 considering i got the 100,000 "bonus"[/QUOTE]

yeah, definitely. $500 for buying 2 copies of MvC3. That makes sense.

lol when there was talk abt using sywr instead of the coupon issue...I objected to it (one of my reasons being it is screwed up) and someone said i was being an idiot...oh how i wish tat was true :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I wish it was that simple, but having my email on the blog is a blessing and a curse.[/QUOTE]

you should have some sort of automated email reply...where you just write one email and send it to everyone who emailed you

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe you can and you should be able to shift the points from the other account to the one you want going forward. It would require a call to the dreaded support line though.[/QUOTE]

send an email to cs (the one listed on the rewards site). they are pretty fast at getting back to you

josh...will the bonus points be suspended (available after a week - no way in hell that is going to happen automatically) only for MVC3 or for Dragon Quest 6 as well (picking it up tomorrow)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I believe the 5x is for your base points, not a bonus offer.[/QUOTE]

yeah, makes a lot more sense...i guess my brain is racked with all the combos i've been trying to learn

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, definitely. $500 for buying 2 copies of MvC3. That makes sense.[/QUOTE]

so does $106, which is what i got earlier today:roll:

[quote name='confoosious']I don't know why they didn't in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. I think it makes sense. It'll suck for games coming out on the same day, but whatever, that encourages people to spend more out of pocket now for a savings later.

[quote name='harish7447']josh...will the bonus points be suspended (available after a week - no way in hell that is going to happen automatically) only for MVC3 or for Dragon Quest 6 as well (picking it up tomorrow)[/QUOTE]
That is correct. The delay will only be this week due to the glitch.

[quote name='Scorch']I bet they'll add a 7 day hold period to all points going forward[/QUOTE]
I don't know actually; I don't think this issue will cause many changes in policy, maybe just extra steps to ensure things are checked more thoroughly by whoever enters the offer into the system.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I don't know actually; I don't think this issue will cause many changes in policy, maybe just extra steps to ensure things are checked more thoroughly by whoever enters the offer into the system.[/QUOTE]

So the question is: why was a 7 day "wait period" not instituted in the first place? It seems like a logical way to manage risk.

[quote name='confoosious']So the question is: why was a 7 day "wait period" not instituted in the first place? It seems like a logical way to manage risk.[/QUOTE]
If they're going to enact this now, it would suggest nothing like this has occurred before, or at least caught anyone's attention in this great of magnitude to warrant this. But that's a complete guess.

[quote name='confoosious']So the question is: why was a 7 day "wait period" not instituted in the first place? It seems like a logical way to manage risk.[/QUOTE]
I think primarily just to allow for as much flexibility as possible for the customer. I could see reasons for both options.

We do appreciate the flexibility, but I'd rather have a program that takes 7 days to post points with no glitches versus a program that posts points right away and has glitches (even though I did benefit today).. the reason being, with no glitches, the company advertises a special, executes the special and sees the return on it.. with glitches, you'll have angry customers when someone gets more points for one reason or another leading to them to question the profitability of the program altogether before they can it completely.

So, hypothetically, if there were to be some sort of vote, my vote's for the 7 day waiting period - we had to wait with coupons, why not now?

[quote name='Scorch']We do appreciate the flexibility, but I'd rather have a program that takes 7 days to post points with no glitches versus a program that posts points right away and has glitches (even though I did benefit today).. the reason being, with no glitches, the company advertises a special, executes the special and sees the return on it.. with glitches, you'll have angry customers when someone gets more points for one reason or another leading to them to question the profitability of the program altogether before they can it completely.

So, hypothetically, if there were to be some sort of vote, my vote's for the 7 day waiting period - we had to wait with coupons, why not now?[/QUOTE]
The primary difference is I control the coupons to a large extent, the SYWR program is a totally separate deal.

For Kmart's sake, thank goodness there's a "limit 2" for the SYWR offers (assuming that's programmed correctly). Otherwise the glitch would create a chain of abuse that implodes SHC.

It was nice that the points were able to be used immediately. I was planning on getting DQ VI and then trying to find a copy of DQ V that I saw a month or two ago. I can still do that, but it would have been nice to do it all same day.

Hope the SYWR people can fix things. The deals at Kmart are great for new releases.

I got an email saying I can get 5x Shop Your Way Rewards points on my next purchase. Can I hit the Bulletstorm thing and get 100,000 points? (5x20,000)
Edit: Saw previous post, luckily on this page. 5x is only for base monies spent, not with the bonus offers.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The primary difference is I control the coupons to a large extent, the SYWR program is a totally separate deal.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Well. Looks like that shows who knows how to effectively manage a bonus system, then.

Regarding the bonus, Josh has already said it's a 5x bonus to the base amount of points, not the bonus amount of points.

[quote name='wune']I got an email saying I can get 5x Shop Your Way Rewards points on my next purchase. Can I hit the Bulletstorm thing and get 100,000 points? (5x20,000)[/QUOTE]
5x Base Points, so no.

If I understand correctly I can still buy DQVI and expect to get my points later this month? That is fair enough. I'm sorry for the headache Josh. At least (to my knowledge) you avoided a "GLITCH 100,000pts ($100) WYB two copies of MvC3 @ Kmart B&M" thread on SD. That could have been painful.

I hope moving forward this doesn't effect you or your promotions negatively.

Today's little incident kinda reminds you of Office Space where one decimal point in the wrong place netted you $300+k in one day instead of fractions of a penny.

does anyone know if the killzone 3 that is coming next week has the socom 4 beta with it and will kmart be offering the retro map pack with it.

I want to take the time to say thank you to Josh. He gives us great deals, awesome customer support, and has had to run interference for an issue that is out of his control. Thanks for all you do for us cheap skates.

Josh can you see if you got an email by Raymond Mitchell, I know your busy I just figured you can help and I can avoid returning it

[quote name='saiyo']I want to take the time to say thank you to Josh. He gives us great deals, awesome customer support, and has had to run interference for an issue that is out of his control. Thanks for all you do for us cheap skates.[/QUOTE]

Amen!!

[quote name='harish7447']josh...will the bonus points be suspended (available after a week - no way in hell that is going to happen automatically) only for MVC3 or for Dragon Quest 6 as well (picking it up tomorrow)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is correct. The delay will only be this week due to the glitch.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you're saying the DQVI promo IS affected too or it's just MvC3?

Thing is the glitch shouldn't affect our deals. It should get the SYWR team to make sure to check up on how they put their promos into the system. Not like SHC was all like 'HEY DUDES GIVE THEM DOUBLE POINTS IF THE PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE COPY!' I understand the paranoia, though. We did almost lose all our promos due to coupon abuse, but that was a completely different situation. While the extra points are nice, i'd rather have a fully functional promotional system than anything else.

I personally don't want a delay, since with all the points I'll be getting from buying a 3DS and SSIV 3-D I'll be able to get the Tangled 3-D Blu Ray and The Third Birthday for free, depending on how many points they're offering.

[quote name='Killbomb']Just to clarify, you're saying the DQVI promo IS affected too or it's just MvC3?[/QUOTE]
Just MvC3 from the email they sent me this evening. They will still post but it will be delayed until they can figure this whole doubling point issue.

[quote name='Interfeci']Thing is the glitch shouldn't affect our deals. It should get the SYWR team to make sure to check up on how they put their promos into the system. Not like SHC was all like 'HEY DUDES GIVE THEM DOUBLE POINTS IF THE PURCHASE MORE THAN ONE COPY!' I understand the paranoia, though. We did almost lose all our promos due to coupon abuse, but that was a completely different situation. While the extra points are nice, i'd rather have a fully functional promotional system than anything else.[/QUOTE]
100% agree.

[quote name='ray2dee']Josh can you see if you got an email by Raymond Mitchell, I know your busy I just figured you can help and I can avoid returning it[/QUOTE]
I actually emailed you at 6:53p.m. this evening.

so does anyone know yet for the people that got the 100k points, are we still able to use it? i don't wanna lose it since i got nothing to buy right now. :whistle2:#

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Just MvC3 from the email they sent me this evening. They will still post but it will be delayed until they can figure this whole doubling point issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Gonna pick up MvC tomorrow and I'm considering DQVI. Just hope the MvC points are added before next Tuesday.

Must be very frustrating to continue having these problems week after week that you can't control and didn't cause. Thanks for your persistence in providing great customer service and these awesome deals.

well you can imagine if this wasnt a high profile game as it was. we would even really noticed the glitch probably. alot of ppl got it for both systems or doubled up. but i love the game. me and my friends just spent like 4+ hrs just playing it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']With everyone I believe........going to take a quick nap before some more slaps across the face :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That's some serious dedication man. Hopefully the bags under your eyes don't get out of control. What with having a young child and getting in touch with every single person who contacts you...and being married. Keep up the good work man!

Thinking about checking clearance out at my local KMart. Hoping to find them out of the case and marked. I'd pick up a MvC 3 SE if I found it, but I don't want the game, even with the Ebay inflation.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']With everyone I believe........going to take a quick nap before some more slaps across the face :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Hang in there brother.

BTW you should give us the phone number to your boss. I think we can convince him to give you a raise for the work you do here.

I'm posting from my phone, so I can't search easily. Do I need to sign up for these rewards before I pick this game up, or can I sign up and give my email in store?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I'm posting from my phone, so I can't search easily. Do I need to sign up for these rewards before I pick this game up, or can I sign up and give my email in store?[/QUOTE]

Sign up in store. That's your best bet. Then make your purchase with your new card.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Sign up in store. That's your best bet. Then make your purchase with your new card.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Another question: Is there any kind of time limit on when the points can be used like with the coupon codes?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Thanks. Another question: Is there any kind of time limit on when the points can be used like with the coupon codes?[/QUOTE]

The points do expire (Josh mentioned that a few pages ago I think) but it takes longer than coupons.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Thanks. Another question: Is there any kind of time limit on when the points can be used like with the coupon codes?[/QUOTE]You have a year from when you get the points to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back