Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will be calling my Sony rep now. Thank you for this.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the Fenton, MO Gamestop had 4 Sharpshooter periphials at open today.

Hi, I'm posting from my phone so I'm not going to look at all the posts but everything worked great for me. I got one of each bulletstorm and killzone and got the 40k bonus points. Also, I did ring them together so you don't have to do them separate if anyone wanted to know.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']That is what the SYWR team is telling me as well but I do not want to dismiss any reports (I have only received 1) of the KZ3 standard not reporting correctly until I receive 100% confirmation. [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh so I'm the only one getting shafted on the points? I guess it's good that everyone else is doing fine. In retrospect, I shouldn't be surprised that SYWR didnt work for me. The website has given me problems since the big changeover and even after opting-in a while ago, I've never received an email from Sears/Kmart/myGofer/etc. I havent gotten anything since November...even though my account says I'm opted in with the correct email address.

The weirdest thing is that the site says you have to sign up to receive emails from "Shop You Way Rewards" to be a bonus member, but there is no where to sign up for emails from "Shop Your Way Rewards, just Sears, Kmart, MyGofer, Craftsman, The Great Indoors, and Sears PR.

I guess I'm going to have to suspend my Kmart VG shopping til we're off the SYWR cards. Ironic as I was one who advocated the card over the paper coupons. Silly me, I guess. *shrugs*

New Kmart deals are currently being revealed on twitter:

[DEAL #1] Buy Dragon Age 2 (PS3/360) in stores 3/8-3/12, get 10K SYWR points, and $30 off either a $50 PSN or XBL card.

[quote name='hostyl1']Oh so I'm the only one getting shafted on the points? I guess it's good that everyone else is doing fine. In retrospect, I shouldn't be surprised that SYWR didnt work for me. The website has given me problems since the big changeover and even after opting-in a while ago, I've never received an email from Sears/Kmart/myGofer/etc. I havent gotten anything since November...even though my account says I'm opted in with the correct email address.

The weirdest thing is that the site says you have to sign up to receive emails from "Shop You Way Rewards" to be a bonus member, but there is no where to sign up for emails from "Shop Your Way Rewards, just Sears, Kmart, MyGofer, Craftsman, The Great Indoors, and Sears PR.

I guess I'm going to have to suspend my Kmart VG shopping til we're off the SYWR cards. Ironic as I was one who advocated the card over the paper coupons. Silly me, I guess. *shrugs*[/QUOTE]
Update: This is to confirm that the deals are working (outside of the Helghast Ed. which I will compensate with a $25 gift card). I just received a real time report of 20k points being handed out on both sku's.

Either way, for those that it doesn't work for I'm here to help if there may be an issue with your specific account.

hey josh. is the killzone 3 ce suppose to receive the $20 rewards? mine did not show on receipt only base points. i don't know if it makes a difference but i paid half with my reward points.

edit: just saw your post above since we posted at the same time.

[quote name='could have won']I take it that five sporadic posts on CAG doesn't count as having an active presence, does it?
;)[/QUOTE]
We'll take everything into consideration. I won't say no upfront to anyone.

Umm. Do want.

About the only bad part of that would be paying the taxes on it if you won. And that depends on what your definition of "bad" is.

That's slick. Really dig what you're doing to make the kmart gamer blog more than just a shopping site.

Does anyone else have problems viewing the blog? I keep getting an error.

[quote name='Scorch']You're taking people to E3!?

Dare I dream..

Should I write the blog on this site then comment on the blog post w/ a link?[/QUOTE]
It'll be like Willy Wonka, but with video games.

[quote name='Scorch']You're taking people to E3!?

Dare I dream..

Should I write the blog on this site then comment on the blog post w/ a link?[/QUOTE]
It'll be like Willy Wonka, but with video games.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll take everything into consideration. I won't say no upfront to anyone.[/QUOTE]
That guy could have won.

[quote name='sadboy']It'll be like Willy Wonka, but with video games. [/quote]

You have no idea. I've had friends go year after year.. they always bring me back amazing things. I never got to go when I was with Game Crazy (or their own show in the fall).. and the one year I was eligible to (four years later), the company closes! I would LOVE to FINALLY go to E3.

Okay, I think that the idea of taking people to E3 is amazing. What I don't think is amazing is twitter. I know this may not be the place for this, but what the heck is the point of retweeting the same damn messages over and over. Yea, maybe people are following different people, but when you don't have twitter (I don't even care what I do during the day, why should others?) and you just search for #gamerchat you see RT... RT... RT... and you have to dig through the same thing posted over and over.

Sorry, rant over.

Is Killzone 3 worth picking up if I have not even started 2 yet? I seem to get games when the deals are great and they go in my backlog. The problem now is that KMart has been offering great deals on release day and building my backlog very quickly. So, is KZ3 worth the hype or should I just wait?

Anyone know if Kmart's Killzone 3s have different UPC/SKUs than all the other retail chains like Gamestop and Walmart? Or are they all just the same case as they usually are/ I do not see why they would not be..

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Okay, I think that the idea of taking people to E3 is amazing. What I don't think is amazing is twitter. I know this may not be the place for this, but what the heck is the point of retweeting the same damn messages over and over. Yea, maybe people are following different people, but when you don't have twitter (I don't even care what I do during the day, why should others?) and you just search for #gamerchat you see RT... RT... RT... and you have to dig through the same thing posted over and over.

Sorry, rant over.

Is Killzone 3 worth picking up if I have not even started 2 yet? I seem to get games when the deals are great and they go in my backlog. The problem now is that KMart has been offering great deals on release day and building my backlog very quickly. So, is KZ3 worth the hype or should I just wait?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Twitter has it's ups and downs but I think you can filter for only Kmartgamer tweets.

Wow that is a great opportunity you guys are offering. So am I reading it correctly in that it sounds like you must already have a gaming blog of sorts to be considered?

I will gladly accompany you to E3 Josh. Please see my attached resume and headshots, I think you will find I have the following appealing qualities:

Motivated Self-Starter - I wake MYSELF up in the morning!
Advanced Proficiency in Being Handsome - People call me the Jessica Chobot of men. Let's be honest, we're not going to hear ANYTHING about Beyond Good and Evil 2 until someone seduces Jade Raymond... I will do it, and Kmart Gamer will get the scoop.
5+ Years of Line Cutting Experience - I'll make certain you guys are demoing all those hot new games before those douches at Kotaku... no matter the cost.
FDRT Certified Swag Whore - You'll be set for life as far as stickers go.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow that is a great opportunity you guys are offering. So am I reading it correctly in that it sounds like you must already have a gaming blog of sorts to be considered?[/QUOTE]
Correct, but it does not have to be professional or a dedicated site.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Wow that is a great opportunity you guys are offering. So am I reading it correctly in that it sounds like you must already have a gaming blog of sorts to be considered?[/QUOTE]

I hope not, but that's what it sounded like.

EDIT: So Josh, I can't start a blog now and use it?

[quote name='Trance Addix']I hope not, but that's what it sounded like.

EDIT: So Josh, I can't start a blog now and use it?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing. I've been wrestling with the idea of making a gaming blog for a while now, this might be the deciding factor (regardless of whether or not I end up going to E3).

Just went to Kmart, picked up kz3 standard edition and bulletstorm on 360. Both rang up with points! No problems at all! Thanks josh

Josh,
I wanted to make you aware of a situation at store 3131 in Frederick, Md.. I went in at 3 pm and only 3 copies of Killzone 3 were available. The problem was they were all the ce set. The first guy said there was only ce and the game was not released any other way. I knew this wrong so found another guy Timothy. He said he knew they were there and was wondering why the morning person did not out them out. After almost 30 minutes he finally found someone with keys to the stockroom/cage and within another 5-10 minutes found them. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble but information needs to be passed along better to these departments and product should be on the shelf especially this late in the day. I don't know if others were turned away or not but it would be shame if this happened. On a positive note my points did ring as they should. Thanks for listening.

[quote name='phoenix83']Josh,
I wanted to make you aware of a situation at store 3131 in Frederick, Md.. I went in at 3 pm and only 3 copies of Killzone 3 were available. The problem was they were all the ce set. The first guy said there was only ce and the game was not released any other way. I knew this wrong so found another guy Timothy. He said he knew they were there and was wondering why the morning person did not out them out. After almost 30 minutes he finally found someone with keys to the stockroom/cage and within another 5-10 minutes found them. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble but information needs to be passed along better to these departments and product should be on the shelf especially this late in the day. I don't know if others were turned away or not but it would be shame if this happened. On a positive note my points did ring as they should. Thanks for listening.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I encountered this issue at that store... the clerk said they hadn't received the regular version which I took to mean that there was just a delayed shipment due to the weather. In fairness, this store is usually on the ball with getting their games out on the shelves (at least from my experience)... I often waltz in there at around 9 or 10 and have always been able to get my game, this was the first time I had this problem.

I just realized that E3 is June 7-9 and baby #2 is due around June 17th, so there's no way I would leave my wife and kid alone that close to the due date. Not that I could've won anyway, especially since I don't have a following anywhere. #-o

[quote name='Interfeci']Went to Kmart, was told they couldn't find the games in the back. Possibly later today or tomorrow.

Now i'm sad.[/QUOTE]
I know exactly how you feel.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We'll take everything into consideration. I won't say no upfront to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Can Stock Boy just petition to you in the office to go?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Can Stock Boy just petition to you in the office to go?[/QUOTE]

Even if he starts referring to himself in the 3rd person?

Hey Josh, I picked up Marvel vs. Capcom last week and I know you said there were issues with the points getting applied to accounts and it should be applied this week. Is there an eta yet as to when they will be applied? I would like to pick up Bulletstorm and the 20k points and wanted to used my points on that. Sorry if this had been answered, I checked back a couple pages but didn't see anything.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I just realized that E3 is June 7-9 and baby #2 is due around June 17th, so there's no way I would leave my wife and kid alone that close to the due date. Not that I could've won anyway, especially since I don't have a following anywhere. #-o[/QUOTE]
I'll gladly take your spot :D

So I did some figuring.

I got the 25k points from MvC3 (launch day, no problems)

Now I can go pick up Bulletstorm for $35 (60-25)

After that sale completes get Killzone 3 for $40 (60-20)

After that completes I can grab Enslaved for $0 (15-20)

AND still have $5 in SYWR points.

$75 for Bulletstorm, KZ3, and Enslaved with $5 for next time....

That deal is so nasty I feel I have to go to church and confess my sins.

nothing like being sick on release day :(, i guess the wife curse me for going out of town with the boys lol.. anyways seems like i miss some stuff in here, altanis glad your back :) josh u need to bulletstorm that damn sewers team right in the ass. its basically them screwing you over and over. as for the E3 i would love to go but too lazy and sick right now to create a blog. where the hell is the damn cag button that reads "click here to enter" ;)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']About to announce something pretty cool surrounding E3, check out the blog

http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/tags/Kmartgamer

Want to join me? :cool:[/QUOTE]
I never use this phrase because of its overused and trite nature, but here goes: *ahem*

EPIC EFFEN WIN.

Question! As someone else asked, do we have to have had a blog going or can we start one now and still e in contention? I've been wanting to work on creating my own small site/blog, and this would be good impetus to do such forthwith. (Forthwith I say.)

Ah, the possibility of the ephemeral dream of going to E3 becoming real is almost too much. I've wanted to go since I learned such a thing as a gaming convention existed 10 or 15 years ago. Awesome idea, Josh.

[quote name='aznhero913']BTW, I hope you're just venting Josh. I wouldn't step back into another K-Mart if I knew you weren't going to be there to remedy any issues.[/QUOTE]

I know you're just venting, but I think it's safe to say that if you walked, almost all of the customer base you've built through such places like CAG would walk too, since I doubt any successor would be as involved or try as hard. (Your predecessors certainly didn't seem to.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']I'll gladly take your spot :D[/QUOTE]

You're like the most active person on this board. You probably have a spot already haha.

That being said I would love to go as well. I will probably do an entry but it sounds like they want three people who are English majors or professional writers even. I do post on here and another forum and read it pretty much all the time but I honestly don't think I would even qualify to be considered. I certainly don't have a blog.

Picked up :360: Bulletstorm at the Bridgeton, MO store but not before waiting for the employees to find them in the back. The electronics lead is on vacation this week so nothing was out. Got my bonus points this time at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back