Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Whoa whoa whoa, is that God of war 3 AND GOW Collection for 40 total? Meaning I walk out with 2 games for 40 out of pocket?

Can that be combined with the ME2 deal?[/QUOTE]
Yep, utterly ridiculous :) I came up with that almost thinking it could be too hot!

Didn't really think about how it could be combined with ME2. I don't believe all three would stack. If someone came up with evidence to the contrary though when it launches we would honor it through the promotion.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just a quick question. If I were to buy ME2 and Dead Space 2 is there any order the cashier needs to ring the games up to get the deals/psn card? I just want to make sure I have no troubles tomorrow because I want to get in and out of k-mart as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]
The bogo system (Mass Effect 2 offer) and the instant conditional system (Dead Space 2 Points/PSN offer) do not conflict or even talk to each other and should work independently. The points/psn card will not ring up as free though but as a total discount once the entire transaction is total'd.

Hey SHC, just wanted to say even though Stock Boy doesnt post in here much anymore, he did respond to me very quickly with a stock question via email. Thanks

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The bogo system (Mass Effect 2 offer) and the instant conditional system (Dead Space 2 Points/PSN offer) do not conflict or even talk to each other and should work independently. The points/psn card will not ring up as free though but as a total discount once the entire transaction is total'd.[/QUOTE]
Thanks a bunch. Now to hope my k-mart next to my work has both ME2 and Dead Space 2 tomorrow after work.

[quote name='wrencrest']Hey SHC, just wanted to say even though Stock Boy doesnt post in here much anymore, he did respond to me very quickly with a stock question via email. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Very good, I still hate him though :)

So IF I can find a store with the LBP2 CE, that still qualifies for the B1G1 promo right? I.E. I could buy that, and DS2 tomorrow and get 50% off DS2 and the free xbl/psn card?

I know that some stores block CE's from promotions for whatever reason, just wanted to check.

[quote name='teknotronic']So IF I can find a store with the LBP2 CE, that still qualifies for the B1G1 promo right? I.E. I could buy that, and DS2 tomorrow and get 50% off DS2 and the free xbl/psn card?

I know that some stores block CE's from promotions for whatever reason, just wanted to check.[/QUOTE]
Should be all set!

In the Kmartgamer.com feature at the top of every circular page.

visit Kmartgamer.com for News, reviews and exclusive instore offers?

It says exclusive offers right now, but I just want to keep hammering home that it is instore as well.

[quote name='jer7583']Dead space 2 hype getting to me.. Maybe lbp2 also..[/QUOTE]
I played DS2 during lunch......it's a must have.

Josh, can you clarify whether I will be able to use a $10 coupon on the DS2 deal? I know I can't on the ME2 or LBP2 deal, and am not expecting to be able to on DS2, but figured I'd check since I didn't know if this was technically considered a B1G1 type deal from a system perspective.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The PS3 version I'm holding right now says "Includes Dead Space Extraction"[/QUOTE]
All copies have that ser isaac code for Dragon Age 2 also dont they?

Dammit I cant decide if I want to blow the money to get it tomorrow or not. I know I should wait but I have no self control. I WANT IT NOW!

random: why don't retailers pay publishers for rights to sell a title early? Even a day or two...would that not work for some reason?

[quote name='ShockandAww']All copies have that ser isaac code for Dragon Age 2 also dont they?

Dammit I cant decide if I want to blow the money to get it tomorrow or not. I know I should wait but I have no self control. I WANT IT NOW!

random: why don't retailers pay publishers for rights to sell a title early? Even a day or two...would that not work for some reason?[/QUOTE]
I'm not seeing it in my PS3 copy but I am seeing it in the 360 box.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh, can you clarify whether I will be able to use a $10 coupon on the DS2 deal? I know I can't on the ME2 or LBP2 deal, and am not expecting to be able to on DS2, but figured I'd check since I didn't know if this was technically considered a B1G1 type deal from a system perspective.[/QUOTE]
It all comes down to store level enforcement. Technically speaking any offer that is buy this get this % or dollar's off qualifies as a bogo and hence restricts the coupon from being used.

However, I have only noticed a few instances of this being followed....and I don't agree with the rule anyway.

[quote name='ShockandAww']All copies have that ser isaac code for Dragon Age 2 also dont they?

random: why don't retailers pay publishers for rights to sell a title early? Even a day or two...would that not work for some reason?[/QUOTE]

They're all suppose to have the DA2 items. With the free points I'd say get it now. If it wasnt for the free points; basically making the game 40 and the points 20 I wouldnt be buying it now, but I find I can never have enough points. Plus if you plan on getting DA2 you know there's going to be DLC you can spend those points on.

All copies should yes and you should buy it, this game is amazing.

Because the bigger retailers would control the market. Publishers actually like having the retailers that are outside of the big 3 (Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy) having a strong business to not give too much leverage to a particular set of buyers.

The next set would be in order of rank, (Amazon, Target, TRU, SHC). The second tier so to speak really help balance out the market.

[quote name='Shimmerz']They're all suppose to have the DA2 items. With the free points I'd say get it now. If it wasnt for the free points; basically making the game 40 and the points 20 I wouldnt be buying it now, but I find I can never have enough points. Plus if you plan on getting DA2 you know there's going to be DLC you can spend those points on.[/QUOTE]

Very good point, and there is going to be new Mass Effect 2 DLC in the next couple months as well, as well as Microsoft's new arcade event.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm not seeing it in my PS3 copy but I am seeing it in the 360 box.[/QUOTE]
Ok I read more on it. It must just tell you how to get it for the PS3 version:

the “Ser Isaac of Clarke” armor set can be activated with a one-time use, non-transferable code found in Xbox 360 and PC versions of Dead Space 2, including body armor, boots, gauntlets and a helm, all of which carry extra benefits for you to take on your rise from warrior to legend in Dragon Age II.
PS3 owners can visit the official website or look at the insert inside Dragon Age II for detailed instructions on unlocking the Ser Isaac Armor in the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age II.

Screw it, I'll go to Kmart tomorrow and if they have the PSN cards I'm in, if not I'll wait for a deal.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It all comes down to store level enforcement. Technically speaking any offer that is buy this get this % or dollar's off qualifies as a bogo and hence restricts the coupon from being used.

However, I have only noticed a few instances of this being followed....and I don't agree with the rule anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I'm not going to make a big deal about it but was curious whether the system would initially shoot it down. I guess it wouldn't hurt to just try it and see what happens tomorrow.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok I read more on it. It must just tell you how to get it for the PS3 version:

the “Ser Isaac of Clarke” armor set can be activated with a one-time use, non-transferable code found in Xbox 360 and PC versions of Dead Space 2, including body armor, boots, gauntlets and a helm, all of which carry extra benefits for you to take on your rise from warrior to legend in Dragon Age II.
PS3 owners can visit the official website or look at the insert inside Dragon Age II for detailed instructions on unlocking the Ser Isaac Armor in the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age II.

Screw it, I'll go to Kmart tomorrow and if they have the PSN cards I'm in, if not I'll wait for a deal.[/QUOTE]
Don't leave it up to the stores :) I'll make good I promise!

How does this work? If I go pick up Dead Space 2 at K-Mart tomorrow will the cashier automatically know to give me a 1600 MS Point card or do I have to do something?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I played DS2 during lunch......it's a must have.[/QUOTE]

This makes me :cry: lol

Anyhow, aside from the extraction on ps3 (and that code for the DA2 thing it seems), is there any difference for the different platforms of dead space 2? Leaning towards the 360 one atm since I had ds1 on that. Any insight from anyone?

Hi Josh. Just picked up the paper copy of the weekly ad at my local store while checking PSN and LBP2 stock so that I can be there first thing tomorrow morning. My question is that on the ad, it does not mention the $20 PSN card free for the PS3 (or the MS Point card for that matter). What do I need to do to ensure that I receive this item as well on my purchase? BTW, great work on all you do!

[quote name='LordVila']After playing Two Worlds II for abit it's clear they didn't make enough improvements from Two Worlds.

The preorder "codes" also appear to be non-unique and are entered in-game.[/QUOTE]

I played the PC demo and while it's not perfect, I think it's worth a shot for $40.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking to hit 25k points on MvC3 :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Definitely hold off on ordering anywhere else until I hear the final offer from you.

[quote name='wrencrest']Hey SHC, just wanted to say even though Stock Boy doesnt post in here much anymore, he did respond to me very quickly with a stock question via email. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Same here when I asked about Two Worlds II.

Hey josh I don't know how much your involved with KmartGamer.com blog but I was going to suggest with Valentines day coming up maybe a special edition Gamer Spotlight featuring gaming couples.

Oh and dang you for making Two Worlds 2 so cheap! The misses is making me get that along with DS2. She say's it'll keep her company till Dragon Age 2 comes out.

[quote name='dedgeu2']Hi Josh. Just picked up the paper copy of the weekly ad at my local store while checking PSN and LBP2 stock so that I can be there first thing tomorrow morning. My question is that on the ad, it does not mention the $20 PSN card free for the PS3 (or the MS Point card for that matter). What do I need to do to ensure that I receive this item as well on my purchase? BTW, great work on all you do![/QUOTE]

Just have the card in the same purchase, typically it's better not to say anything to the clerk and just let the deal happen, otherwise they may throw a hissy fit about it not being in the ad or never hearing about it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Don't leave it up to the stores :) I'll make good I promise![/QUOTE]
Ah forgot about you being able to get things done. I guess that means I'm in then :)

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']This makes me :cry: lol

Anyhow, aside from the extraction on ps3 (and that code for the DA2 thing it seems), is there any difference for the different platforms of dead space 2? Leaning towards the 360 one atm since I had ds1 on that. Any insight from anyone?[/QUOTE]

If you have a DS1 game save then you get the DS1 plasma cutter, which has a larger shot width than the DS2 plasma cutter. Also it would come down to controller preference, so try out the demo on both platforms. I played DS1 on 360 originally and can't stand the PS3 controller layout for the game, just feels too awkward to me for this particular game.

• :ps3:God of War 3 and God of War Collection $39.98 (Save $50)
I feel like I have to ask, Josh: Will this be a bundle, or will we merely have to take both games to the register and watch the price magically drop when they're rung up?

[quote name='Vigilante']I feel like I have to ask, Josh: Will this be a bundle, or will we merely have to take both games to the register and watch the price magically drop when they're rung up?[/QUOTE]
This is all about the magic :)

[quote name='bzchanboy']Hey josh I don't know how much your involved with KmartGamer.com blog but I was going to suggest with Valentines day coming up maybe a special edition Gamer Spotlight featuring gaming couples.

Oh and dang you for making Two Worlds 2 so cheap! The misses is making me get that along with DS2. She say's it'll keep her company till Dragon Age 2 comes out.[/QUOTE]
Very good idea!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I played DS2 during lunch......it's a must have.[/QUOTE]

5y9jpd.gif
Street Date Violation!
5y9jpd.gif

Josh: Any word on whether you'll have any sort of deal for You Don't Know Jack, to be released in a couple of weeks? Debating whether to keep my Amazon pre-order or not.

[quote name='yuyak']Josh: Any word on whether you'll have any sort of deal for You Don't Know Jack, to be released in a couple of weeks? Debating whether to keep my Amazon pre-order or not.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, we won't have one. We'll probably hit a sale in March.

Will the Kmartgamer.com blog be updated tomorrow for the DS2 promotion? Or will the $20 PSN card deal be automatically rung up?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The bogo system (Mass Effect 2 offer) and the instant conditional system (Dead Space 2 Points/PSN offer) do not conflict or even talk to each other and should work independently. The points/psn card will not ring up as free though but as a total discount once the entire transaction is total'd.[/QUOTE]
Oh crap I forgot all about the B1G1 deal going on...

So I buy DS2/points card + ME2 for about $98 and do that price adjustment on Sunday. I still think that seems shady but I'm not above that! I almost hope stores decline it.

[quote name='EducAsian']Will the Kmartgamer.com blog be updated tomorrow for the DS2 promotion? Or will the $20 PSN card deal be automatically rung up?[/QUOTE]
Definitely.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Is Two Worlds 2 PS3 version still delayed a few days? I could have sworn I saw that mentioned.[/QUOTE]
Yes, the PS3 version didn't ship until last Friday. So I'm thinking Thursday it should be in.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Looking to hit 25k points on MvC3 :)[/QUOTE]
Well, you already have sold 2 CE copies to me (well, one for me and one to buy for a friend who's out of country), but that will certainly be a nice bonus if you get that approved.
Ugh, I've been waiting 10 years for this game, a couple more weeks is almost unbearable...

Also, wish Heavy Rain was going to be cheaper. I have been waiting a while to pick it up, but I feel like I need to wait longer.

Hey Josh, have you had any hands on time with Crysis 2? Specifically the 360 and PS3 versions. I know we're getting the Xbox demo tomorrow, but IGN has an article up today mentioning how laggy the control input was for multiplayer as the graphics are being maxed out. I'm just really looking forward to the game and am interested in the PS3 copy. =D

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hey Josh, have you had any hands on time with Crysis 2? Specifically the 360 and PS3 versions. I know we're getting the Xbox demo tomorrow, but IGN has an article up today mentioning how laggy the control input was for multiplayer as the graphics are being maxed out. I'm just really looking forward to the game and am interested in the PS3 copy. =D[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, no, haven't had a chance. I didn't get a chance to play it at E3 either.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Well, you already have sold 2 CE copies to me (well, one for me and one to buy for a friend who's out of country), but that will certainly be a nice bonus if you get that approved.
Ugh, I've been waiting 10 years for this game, a couple more weeks is almost unbearable...

Also, wish Heavy Rain was going to be cheaper. I have been waiting a while to pick it up, but I feel like I need to wait longer.[/QUOTE]
We've run Heavy Rain at $34.99 previously and I'm sure we will again. I'm hoping Sony moves on price to $39.99 reg. so I can touch $19.99 at least once this year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Unfortunately, no, haven't had a chance. I didn't get a chance to play it at E3 either.[/QUOTE]

Nuts, you need to nudge the EA guys next time you see them, lol.

Hey Josh, just a reminder that you have 2/9 (Weds) as the start of the Mario Sports Mix promotion, and you list 2/16 (also a Weds) as the start of the DQ6 promo. I dunno if that's intentional, but both games release 2 days before your date in the listing.

Just wanted to give you a heads up if that's a typo. :)

Hey Josh, I asked this a while ago but I don't expect you to read so many pages of this thread anytime soon so I'll ask it again. Is there any chance the Tiger Woods PGA Tour deal might be for the Wii version as well or will it only be PS3/360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back