Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']
Also, since the BOGO 50% off deal only works on $59.99 games, then ME2 being on sale for $45 wouldn't be the game ringing up half off anyway.

This isn't rocket science. People wouldn't be posting that you can get LBP2 half off and say that Josh said it would work if he hadn't.[/QUOTE]

sorry need a confirmation, only only 59.99 games ? Thanks

[quote name='d3ting']sorry need a confirmation, only only 59.99 games ? Thanks[/QUOTE]

....really?? It says it in the op.

1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

* Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30

1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

[quote name='Altanis']Actually, the SYWR points are better imo since you can redeem them on pretty much anything in Kmart. That's why Josh did the coupons though, since they were able to be limited to gaming stuff.

As for specifics, Josh has an entire post at the beginning of the thread (it's short, so you should have read it) detailing the story.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with them being limited to gaming. If they become a hassle (only with rewards) then I'm going back to TrU and Amazon since their offers are instant and don't require me to accept tons of spam/junk mail. Chaining the coupons from one game to the next was good a couple months ago.

Ah, I found it halfway down the page.

at least not sending out unique codes will save you a lot of email hassle.

amazing how lazy they must have been to completely screw over retailers with promises of preorder bonuses.

JOSH --- do you have any idea when you'll be posting those feb. price cuts you mentioned last year.

Also, I emailed Stockboy an inventory question but haven't heard back from him. how long does that usually take him? i don't want to be a nag.

[quote name='d3ting']sorry need a confirmation, only only 59.99 games ? Thanks[/QUOTE]
So, who was it that was in the pool for me to have an aneurysm at 6:25PM EST on January 24? Whoever it was, you win! There's no prize though :'(.

[quote name='LottaGames']I'm fine with them being limited to gaming. If they become a hassle (only with rewards) then I'm going back to TrU and Amazon since their offers are instant and don't require me to accept tons of spam/junk mail. Chaining the coupons from one game to the next was good a couple months ago.

Ah, I found it halfway down the page.[/QUOTE]
The problem is that SYWR points can't be limited to gaming. You can redeem them on whatever you want. That's the reason the promos aren't in SYWR points.

Also, what spam and junk mail are you worried about getting? The emails about a sale at Kmart.com that you get like twice a week maybe? Umm yeah, Toys R Us sends like 5-10 emails A DAY when they're having what they think is some kickass sale. If you signed up for every Amazon email list, you'd get upwards of a dozen per day on some days.

In comparison, getting an email with a digital copy of your receipt whenever you make a purchase, along with a few about sales at Kmart.com (which I'm pretty sure you can opt out of anyway) is nothing.

[quote name='affa']JOSH --- do you have any idea when you'll be posting those feb. price cuts you mentioned last year.[/QUOTE]
He posted the date that he expected to know the list literally about 5-6 hours ago. It's there, I promise. I really do. In fact, if you're viewing CAG at 100 posts per page, using CTRL-F in your browser and typing the word "clear" (not even "clearance") will take you to the post rather quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']The problem is that SYWR points can't be limited to gaming. You can redeem them on whatever you want. That's the reason the promos aren't in SYWR points.

Also, what spam and junk mail are you worried about getting? The emails about a sale at Kmart.com that you get like twice a week maybe? Umm yeah, Toys R Us sends like 5-10 emails A DAY when they're having what they think is some kickass sale. If you signed up for every Amazon email list, you'd get upwards of a dozen per day on some days.

In comparison, getting an email with a digital copy of your receipt whenever you make a purchase, along with a few about sales at Kmart.com (which I'm pretty sure you can opt out of anyway) is nothing.[/QUOTE]

I just want the coupon then and there. Don't wanna wait months for some reward program to calculate things and mail stuff.

I checked over the signup form for the rewards and not only did it ask a lot of questions I didn't like the blurb about being required to accept Email from various places and that I'll receive pre-approved credit offers. Again, just want the gaming coupon. Yeah TrU overdid it during the holidays and I almost blocked them for a while. Now it's pretty quiet and even Amazon isn't too bad. I'm careful what I sign up for due to just such a case.

[quote name='LottaGames']I just want the coupon then and there. Don't wanna wait months for some reward program to calculate things and mail stuff.

I checked over the signup form for the rewards and not only did it ask a lot of questions I didn't like the blurb about being required to accept Email from various places and that I'll receive pre-approved credit offers. Again, just want the gaming coupon. Yeah TrU overdid it during the holidays and I almost blocked them for a while. Now it's pretty quiet and even Amazon isn't too bad. I'm careful what I sign up for due to just such a case.[/QUOTE]

I always get my points INSTANTLY as soon as I make a purchase with the SYWR program, don't know where you got the waiting for months. That's more Best Buy's Reward Zone program.

[quote name='LottaGames']I just want the coupon then and there. Don't wanna wait months for some reward program to calculate things and mail stuff.
[/QUOTE]

I had to wait a whole 30 seconds for my Call of Duty Black Ops pts to show up.

The rewards points are instantly added to your card. You do realize that right?

When you scan your card during the transaction, it calculates your base and bonus points, totals it all up, and adds it to your balance. There's no "waiting months." I've been able to buy something and get points, and have someone who's with me buy buying something separately able to use my card and pay with a points balance.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We've run Heavy Rain at $34.99 previously and I'm sure we will again. I'm hoping Sony moves on price to $39.99 reg. so I can touch $19.99 at least once this year.[/QUOTE]
And I would buy it in a heartbeat at $19.99. Surely it's going to become a greatest hit soon right?

Edit: I don't buy enough PS3 games new to know anymore. Would it even matter if it was a Greatest Hit? Like, do the Greatest Hits still retail at a certain price point (Assuming $29.99 this gen) or could it be a Greatest Hit and still be priced high?

[quote name='Altanis']Actually, the SYWR points are better imo since you can redeem them on pretty much anything in Kmart. That's why Josh did the coupons though, since they were able to be limited to gaming stuff.[/QUOTE]

Gaming coupons are better for most people, as they're applied pre-tax, while SWYR are treated like cash. Each coupon saved me around $2 more per game, and when you buy everything Josh wants you to, you're saving quite a bit of money. Plus, Kmart is typically overpriced when it comes to most things. I can't see too many people buying stuff other than games or clearance items.

[quote name='confoosious']I had to wait a whole 30 seconds for my Call of Duty Black Ops pts to show up.[/QUOTE]

That's worse than the DMV's wait times.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']And I would buy it in a heartbeat at $19.99. Surely it's going to become a greatest hit soon right?

Edit: I don't buy enough PS3 games new to know anymore. Would it even matter if it was a Greatest Hit? Like, do the Greatest Hits still retail at a certain price point (Assuming $29.99 this gen) or could it be a Greatest Hit and still be priced high?[/QUOTE]

The high profile Greatest Hits still go for $29.99, so I'm sure Heavy Rain will have the same price tag. I think Gamefly had the game down to $20 used not too long ago.

I'm not sure which is worse, that I don't have a PS3 and am tempted to get the God of War deal or that I don't care.

I think I'm in for Dead Space 1 tomorrow.

Once it hits greatest hits you should never see it for more than 29.99 however most places put them on sale for 20 a lot... I'm almost positive that heavy rain sold enough to be one just Sony waits and releases a new set of greatest hits all at once every now and then so probably in that next batch

Hi everyone, i know this probably has been asked a lot of times but here it goes again im sorry. Can i get LBP2 and dead space at 50% less + the psn card?. What do i have to do? Just bring lbp 2 + dead space 2 and a psn card to the register and i will get the discount + free psn card?? According from what i have read from Josh's post i would be paying 90+ tax, is that correct?

Thanks and sorry again if this has been answered before i just want to make sure that it will work.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Hi everyone, i know this probably has been asked a lot of times but here it goes again im sorry. Can i get LBP2 and dead space at 50% less + the psn card?. What do i have to do? Just bring lbp 2 + dead space 2 and a psn card to the register and i will get the discount + free psn card?? According from what i have read from Josh's post i would be paying 90+ tax, is that correct?

Thanks and sorry again if this has been answered before i just want to make sure that it will work.[/QUOTE]
Don't BS us. You're not sorry at all.

Yes it will work--next time search.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Don't BS us. You're not sorry at all.[/QUOTE]
I think that's a big reason why a lot of us get annoyed with the constant barrage of repeating questions: people say they are sorry like it's magically going to absolve them of any responsibility to read the thread (I swear, that exact question is asked once ever 25-30 posts). No one believes that you're sorry, and you know that you aren't sorry, so why even say that you are?

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Hi everyone, i know this probably has been asked a lot of times but here it goes again im sorry. Can i get LBP2 and dead space at 50% less + the psn card?. What do i have to do? Just bring lbp 2 + dead space 2 and a psn card to the register and i will get the discount + free psn card?? According from what i have read from Josh's post i would be paying 90+ tax, is that correct?

Thanks and sorry again if this has been answered before i just want to make sure that it will work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'll work!

And don't worry about searching in the future. Just ask your question.

Watching these boot-licking douchebags get all fired up is great entertainment. :)

[quote name='Altanis']The rewards points are instantly added to your card. You do realize that right?

When you scan your card during the transaction, it calculates your base and bonus points, totals it all up, and adds it to your balance. There's no "waiting months." I've been able to buy something and get points, and have someone who's with me buy buying something separately able to use my card and pay with a points balance.[/QUOTE]

I had a whole series of purchases in Oct and Nov that I'm still waiting to show up on my card, even after I reported the receipts online. I used the card when purchasing too. That soured me on the whole SYWR experience and I think people are talking about stuff like that when they say they want to avoid it. On the other hand, when they had that 50K point promo for buying the Red Wii, I got that instantly. So go figure.

Best Buy may be slow as hell, but they've never missed any of my RZ credit because of computer glitches.

Meanwhile, I'm down to 5 days left to spend $80 in coupons and it looks like it's gonna be $80 in PSN cards, if I can find them...

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']

Watching these boot-licking douchebags get all fired up is great entertainment. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm so being civil and thanking a rep when they do nice things for us instead of crying like a little bitch about "OMGZ they killed clearance!" is boot-licking? :roll:

By the way, what's your fascination with me. I notice you like to follow me around a lot and insult me even though i never address you first. Weird?

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Don't BS us. You're not sorry at all.

Yes it will work--next time search.[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter if he doesn't want to search for an answer to a question he has? I wouldn't waste my fucking time when I know there are good people here that would answer if I just asked. If it bothers you that much then don't fucking quote it, give him shit, and then answer him! Anyone can ask whatever the fuck they want and the good CAGs here will answer it .Some people bitch about the dumbest shit!!

[quote name='mossman43']Does it really matter if he doesn't want to search for an answer to a question he has? I wouldn't waste my fucking time when I know there are good people here that would answer if I just asked. If it bothers you that much then don't fucking quote it, give him shit, and then answer him! Anyone can ask whatever the fuck they want and the good CAGs here will answer it .Some people bitch about the dumbest shit!![/QUOTE]
You're crying more than all of us put together.

[quote name='mossman43']Does it really matter if he doesn't want to search for an answer to a question he has? I wouldn't waste my fucking time when I know there are good people here that would answer if I just asked. If it bothers you that much then don't fucking quote it, give him shit, and then answer him! Anyone can ask whatever the fuck they want and the good CAGs here will answer it .Some people bitch about the dumbest shit!![/QUOTE]

Well put.

I guess some people just don't have anything worthwhile going on in their lives, and maybe they think they'll find it by being an imaginary moderator. Who knows.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']WOW, just found out that the 360 version of Dead Space 2 is 2 discs, totally didn't know about that![/QUOTE]

dam!!! really??? im on the edge about the ps3 or 360 version....decisions....decisions....

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any news on the DQVI deal? Will we get a Buy DQVI get 50% off DQV deal by any chance? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Aren't DQV games out of print for quite a while now? It was my favorite Dragon Quest game -- great port on the DS.

Side-note: let's be friendly, guys.

Yes, you can't even find DQV in stores anymore. I'd buy it even without the 50% off if I could find it. It's a $35 game that's going for north of 60.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Aren't DQV games out of print for quite a while now? It was my favorite Dragon Quest game -- great port on the DS.

Side-note: let's be friendly, guys.[/QUOTE]
It's like Metroid Prime Trilogy. In some small unheard towns, they qualify for a random BOGO deal. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure both of those titles are in my Kmart(s), or were some months ago.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Aren't DQV games out of print for quite a while now? It was my favorite Dragon Quest game -- great port on the DS.

Side-note: let's be friendly, guys.[/QUOTE]

A couple of stores got a huge restock of this game back in August. I know of 1 store with 1 left in stock. Kind of want to get it at a discount. I don't want to pay the full $40 for it, but will if there isn't going to be a deal for it.

[quote name='aleraiders']dam!!! really??? im on the edge about the ps3 or 360 version....decisions....decisions....[/QUOTE]
2 discs are garbage and a free game with the PS3 version makes it a no-brainer.

[quote name='kingtopher']Hey Josh, I asked this a while ago but I don't expect you to read so many pages of this thread anytime soon so I'll ask it again. Is there any chance the Tiger Woods PGA Tour deal might be for the Wii version as well or will it only be PS3/360?[/QUOTE]
Probably just the 360/PS3 versions, just based on how the publishing funding works out.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']2 discs are garbage and a free game with the PS3 version makes it a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]
Extraction is a big time selling point; actually a really cool experience and I'm not normally one for an on rails experience.....that didn't sound that good.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Don't BS us. You're not sorry at all.

Yes it will work--next time search.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry i asked, because i couldnt read all the pages since i wasnt at home. Also i wanted to make sure if i was right about the deal, i mean its not hard to ask the people in here and just get an answer.. i wouldnt like to go to the store then find out that the deal is not available so its easier to just ask in the forums, i guess thats why forums are for to help eachother, maybe you have time to read every page of the thread ,but i didnt have when i asked, so well im sorry if my question hurt your feelings in any way. Also thank you very much for the answer.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We've run Heavy Rain at $34.99 previously and I'm sure we will again. I'm hoping Sony moves on price to $39.99 reg. so I can touch $19.99 at least once this year.[/QUOTE]
Hell, if you can get it to $25, I'm there.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Hell, if you can get it to $25, I'm there.[/QUOTE]
I'll be there if there's no heavy rain, 'cause I hate driving through traffic when it gets wet outside.

Couldn't find a answer in the thread would appreciate if someone could help me.

Is Two Worlds 2 going to be priced at 39.99 starting Tuesday or is it a one day deal on Sunday? Kmart is pretty far away from me so I can't really go back and forth to check.

[quote name='boomerisgod']I might be misreading the first page, but is the deal tomorrow for Dead Space etc going to work in NYC?[/QUOTE]
It is a blog deal, so yes, it will be effective in all locations.

The 360 needs some kind of a upgrade (possibly a new system from Microsoft). Dead Space 2 needs two discs? The game is what, 10 hours long?

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Couldn't find a answer in the thread would appreciate if someone could help me.

Is Two Worlds 2 going to be priced at 39.99 starting Tuesday or is it a one day deal on Sunday? Kmart is pretty far away from me so I can't really go back and forth to check.[/QUOTE]
Starts on Sunday and lasts the whole week.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']2 discs are garbage and a free game with the PS3 version makes it a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

I'm still going to get the 360 version as playing with the PS3 controller on the DS2 demo just felt totally off to me as I played DS1 on the 360. Plus with my save file I get to use the DS1 plasma cutter from the start.:D

It does suck I'll be missing out on the Extraction though as I have yet to play it. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back