Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rollntider']Well I showed up at my local Kmart. I asked for dead space 2. 30 minutes after looking the darn thing, they finally found it. It wasn't stocked on the shelf. Still in the back. I explained to the lady there was a $20 psn card that one received when buying said game according to kmartgamer. I even pulled it up on my phone to show the website.

I wasted 40 minutes basically for them to find the game, it will give a coupon for one card if I purchase it, then i can give that coupon for it, (only for that not to be true) tell me they would take my info, and call me if the deal was valid. They didnt even have any cards in stock (not even at the front).

Thanks Kmart gamer for leading me on and making me believe this deal was actually valid.

My fault for cancelling amazon pre order credit.

I won't make that mistake again.

kmart2.jpg

kmart.jpg

I did return the game, and will try to purchase it else where. I seriously doubt i will hear from the local store.[/QUOTE]
Definitely a valid deal friend. Please shoot me a note with that receipt number and I'll make sure you are taken care of. Sorry it was such a hassle for them to find the game though, just terrible.

Who said there was a coupon? You led yourself to believe that.

There are NO COUPONS FOR JANUARY, FEBRUARY, or MARCH (until the 3DS launch). If you thought there was one, that was your fault. Period.

[quote name='jmbreci']Josh - thanks for the great offers on LBP2 and DS2. Picked it up the "combo" today with the $20 PSN card....awesome, awesome, awesome. Just wanted to say thanks again for coming up with a great deal.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

[quote name='Madrocsz']Went to the local Kmart which until today have had zero issues with and the staff have always been polite and helpful. Given, it was not their fault but they did not receive their shipment of DS2[/QUOTE]

Lies. They either didn't feel like getting it, or people from receiving placed the box in a random place. I've had countless problems with receiving managers thinking they're hot stuff just because they 'know' where everything is, until I find it in the most inane place it could have possibly been. Josh stated that everyone had their shipment, so it's 100% the store's fault.

Anywho, bought ME2 and DS2 with a PSN card today. Lovely deals again. Thanks Josh. Based on recent NPD reports and more stores having competitive pricing along with you, it seems the PS3 has had a boost in software sales? Coincidence? I don't think so.

[quote name='Altanis']Who said there was a coupon? You led yourself to believe that.

There are NO COUPONS FOR JANUARY, FEBRUARY, or MARCH (until the 3DS launch). If you thought there was one, that was your fault. Period.[/QUOTE]

The cashier and the manager said it. II did not think there was one. The kmart managment obviously did think that though.

[quote name='rollntider']Well I showed up at my local Kmart. I asked for dead space 2. 30 minutes after looking the darn thing, they finally found it. It wasn't stocked on the shelf. Still in the back. I explained to the lady there was a $20 psn card that one received when buying said game according to kmartgamer. I even pulled it up on my phone to show the website.

I wasted 40 minutes basically for them to find the game, it will give a coupon for one card if I purchase it, then i can give that coupon for it, (only for that not to be true) tell me they would take my info, and call me if the deal was valid. They didnt even have any cards in stock (not even at the front).

Thanks Kmart gamer for leading me on and making me believe this deal was actually valid.

My fault for cancelling amazon pre order credit.

I won't make that mistake again.

kmart2.jpg

kmart.jpg

I did return the game, and will try to purchase it else where. I seriously doubt i will hear from the local store.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot, go away.

I don't know what possesses people to talk about these deals with the staff before they're even rung up. Almost nobody outside of CAG knows about these deals.

This deal is actually valid. Don't sweat it if the store is out $20 PSN or 1600 Points. Send the email to Josh and the problem is solved. He has helped me countless time with deals like this. Store employees are not supposed to be the all-know-how gurus so if they make mistake, let Josh know so he can help fix your problem. Easy.

[quote name='Interfeci']Lies. They either didn't feel like getting it, or people from receiving placed the box in a random place. I've had countless problems with receiving managers thinking they're hot stuff just because they 'know' where everything is, until I find it in the most inane place it could have possibly been. Josh stated that everyone had their shipment, so it's 100% the store's fault.

Anywho, bought ME2 and DS2 with a PSN card today. Lovely deals again. Thanks Josh. Based on recent NPD reports and more stores having competitive pricing along with you, it seems the PS3 has had a boost in software sales? Coincidence? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]
For whatever role I play in price compression in the market, I am glad to do it.

[quote name='rollntider']The cashier and the manager said it. II did not think there was one. The kmart managment obviously did think that though.[/QUOTE]
My sincere apologies on their behalf. They were ufortunately mistaken. Please shoot me a note as I would love a chance to work this out for you.

[quote name='rollntider']

I wasted 40 minutes basically for them to find the game, it will give a coupon for one card if I purchase it, then i can give that coupon for it, (only for that not to be true) tell me they would take my info, and call me if the deal was valid.
[/QUOTE]

Can someone translate?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Definitely a valid deal friend. Please shoot me a note with that receipt number and I'll make sure you are taken care of. Sorry it was such a hassle for them to find the game though, just terrible.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it, but I was so aggravated I returned the game.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You're an idiot, go away.

I don't know what possesses people to talk about these deals with the staff before they're even rung up. Almost nobody outside of CAG knows about these deals.[/QUOTE]

I am an idiot? Go away from a message forum where one is supposed to communicate? Hmmm... whats the matter daddy not love you enough? or too much?

[quote name='confoosious']Can someone translate?[/QUOTE]

It took them 40 minutes for the K-Mart employees to find the game. They told him that if he bought the game, it would print out a coupon to get a free $20 PSN card that he could later redeem. It turns out that that's not what happened. They then told him that they would get his name and number, and call him when the deal started working.

Following this thread has made me fluent in Moronese.

I called ahead of time to check if they had ME2 and DS2 in stock, the guy was pretty friendly and mentioned oh by the way you get a free points card with DS2. I went in with my roommate (he was getting ME2 and I was getting DS2) and got everything, and there were at least 10 points cards left in front. I don't know what PSN cards look like so not sure how many of those there were. Was in and out within 5 minutes.

This was in Ann Arbor, MI.

[quote name='rollntider']I appreciate it, but I was so aggravated I returned the game.[/QUOTE]
Completely understand. If you change your mind just let me know and I'll contact the store ahead of time.

[quote name='gotdott']I called ahead of time to check if they had ME2 and DS2 in stock, the guy was pretty friendly and mentioned oh by the way you get a free points card with DS2. I went in with my roommate (he was getting ME2 and I was getting DS2) and got everything, and there were at least 10 points cards left in front. I don't know what PSN cards look like so not sure how many of those there were. Was in and out within 5 minutes.

This was in Ann Arbor, MI.[/QUOTE]
Ann Arbor, how I miss thee. Go Blue.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It took them 40 minutes for the K-Mart employees to find the game. They told him that if he bought the game, it would print out a coupon to get a free $20 PSN card that he could later redeem. It turns out that that's not what happened. They then told him that they would get his name and number, and call him when the deal started working.
[/QUOTE]

Huh. Well in that case, just buy it and let Josh sort it out. Don't worry about what the cashier says. Just buy it.

What's quite a parlor trick you got there.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Completely understand. If you change your mind just let me know and I'll contact the store ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

I cant send you a message on here. You do not have that option. I would like this deal though.

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']arghhh... So if we buy mass effect 2 now, we can get it price matched for $45 later?[/QUOTE]
Price correcting off of the blog has been enforced differently at store level just as a heads up.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It took them 40 minutes for the K-Mart employees to find the game. They told him that if he bought the game, it would print out a coupon to get a free $20 PSN card that he could later redeem. It turns out that that's not what happened. They then told him that they would get his name and number, and call him when the deal started working.

Following this thread has made me fluent in Moronese.[/QUOTE]

that and you were born with it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']
I don't know what possesses people to talk about these deals with the staff before they're even rung up. Almost nobody outside of CAG knows about these deals.[/QUOTE]
It also depends on which store you go to. There is one store further out of my way, the guy over the electronics keeps up with the deals, he even told me of a deal I missed on here. The one closer to my work, not so much.

[quote name='gotdott']Whaat. You went to UofM?

Anyway, booting up my DS2 right now :D[/QUOTE]
Only in spirit. Went to Oakland University in Rochester, MI.

But I was brought up a Wolverine fan and will always be one. That and I basically lived there while I was in college :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Only in spirit. Went to Oakland University in Rochester, MI.

But I was brought up a Wolverine fan and will always be a one. That and I basically lived there while I was in college :)[/QUOTE]

My brother in law is a michigan fan. I pull for them when they arent playing us :D

[quote name='rollntider']It also depends on which store you go to. There is one store further out of my way, the guy over the electronics keeps up with the deals, he even told me of a deal I missed on here. The one closer to my work, not so much.[/QUOTE]
It really does matter. We really are about 50/50 on stores that have really bought into the blog, etc.

We'll get the other half this year! Definitely going in the right direction though. I remember literally spending over nighters trying to get the stores to get our May week 1 deal last year done right. I don't know if anyone remembers the $29.99 ridiculousness but it was definitely a rude awakening to have to basically email EVERY store :)

Hey Josh, in order to stop the abuse with the points outlined a few posts back (Buy Bulletstorm, get the points, use it 5 minutes later on the next game that offers points, then use them on a second bulletstorm and then return the first for $60), I have a suggestion.

In every email I get from SYWR, it mentions (in small font, at the bottom), that points may take up to 7 days to appear on your account. Is there any way that you could get the bonus points from these deals to delay until the next Sunday? That way you can combat any abuse like it was outlined above.

If that's possible, cool. If not, I think you're going to have another problem like with the coupons being abused if the system doesn't deduct the bonus points from the refund.

[quote name='rollntider']My brother in law is a michigan fan. I pull for them when they arent playing us :D[/QUOTE]
Good man!

[quote name='Altanis']Hey Josh, in order to stop the abuse with the points outlined a few posts back (Buy Bulletstorm, get the points, use it 5 minutes later on the next game that offers points, then use them on a second bulletstorm and then return the first for $60), I have a suggestion.

In every email I get from SYWR, it mentions (in small font, at the bottom), that points may take up to 7 days to appear on your account. Is there any way that you could get the bonus points from these deals to delay until the next Sunday? That way you can combat any abuse like it was outlined above.

If that's possible, cool. If not, I think you're going to have another problem like with the coupons being abused if the system doesn't deduct the bonus points from the refund.[/QUOTE]
From what I've been told by SYWR's is that there definitely is a systemic reduction that occurs for returned items.

Tried to take advantage of the LBP2 deal today. Was told that "the ebay guy bought them all up yesterday. He bought them all at the Blaine store too."

WTF?!! I am supposed to be that ebay guy! If this "ebay guy" finds out about CAG, I'll never get a good deal again! fml

Hey Josh,

Wanted to let ya know I just got LBP2 + DS2 + $20 PSN card for $90 at the Indianapolis Kmart with no issues. Much appreciated for the heads up about the deal!

[quote name='jeebert']Tried to take advantage of the LBP2 deal today. Was told that "the ebay guy bought them all up yesterday. He bought them all at the Blaine store too."

WTF?!! I am supposed to be that ebay guy! If this "ebay guy" finds out about CAG, I'll never get a good deal again! fml[/QUOTE]
One thing that may not be popular with the SYWR deals in Feb. and the pending approval Mar. offers is that we will set a restriction for limit 2 per customer.

When the unique barcodes come out at the end of Mar. it will be the same as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From what I've been told by SYWR's is that there definitely is a systemic reduction that occurs for returned items.[/QUOTE]

But what if they use the points already? I think the problem Altanis is referring to is if someone buys Killzone 3 and gets $20 worth of points, then uses the points to buy Killzone 3 again for $40, and then takes that one back with the original receipt? Although you could get rid of the $20 worth of points that they just got, they're still getting Killzone 3 for $40.

Unless you deduct the points from the total and also erase the points that they were supposed to earn?

[quote name='razgriz417']Hey Josh,

Wanted to let ya know I just got LBP2 + DS2 + $20 PSN card for $90 at the Indianapolis Kmart with no issues. Much appreciated for the heads up about the deal![/QUOTE]
Awesome!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']But what if they use the points already? I think the problem Altanis is referring to is if someone buys Killzone 3 and gets $20 worth of points, then uses the points to buy Killzone 3 again for $40, and then takes that one back with the original receipt? Although you could get rid of the $20 worth of points that they just got, they're still getting Killzone 3 for $40.

Unless you deduct the points from the total and also erase the points that they were supposed to earn?[/QUOTE]
I believe there is a fail safe even still but I'm not sure on the exact process. I've definitely forwarded the question though to the team so I can respond how it works.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']From what I've been told by SYWR's is that there definitely is a systemic reduction that occurs for returned items.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what was posted, but I wanted to make sure you could do something to stop it from getting out of control.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']One thing that may not be popular with the SYWR deals in Feb. and the pending approval Mar. offers is that we will set a restriction for limit 2 per customer.

When the unique barcodes come out at the end of Mar. it will be the same as well.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. I'll probably end up picking up 2 of Black and 2 of White, so thankfully it's not 1 per customer.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']But what if they use the points already? I think the problem Altanis is referring to is if someone buys Killzone 3 and gets $20 worth of points, then uses the points to buy Killzone 3 again for $40, and then takes that one back with the original receipt? Although you could get rid of the $20 worth of points that they just got, they're still getting Killzone 3 for $40.

Unless you deduct the points from the total and also erase the points that they were supposed to earn?[/QUOTE]
Thanks for bringing that up. That was the scenario posted above, so I was just going off it. If they haven't used the points, that's one thing. If they have, it's another. Hope it all gets settled out.

Seeing all the success stories I'm going to pass by Kmart tomorrow in hopes of snagging LBP2, and DS2 with a 1600 xbl card.

just purchased :360: def space 2 and XBL card without a problem (didnt even mention a word).....

question.....while using your SYWR points on a purchase (50K+).....do you have to use all your points at once???? basically i wanted to use only $30 worth of points....but the cashier (not the brightest guy) said the system only lets me use all the points once

????????

Josh,

I edited my initial post, my apologies for my initial post. Thank you for offering to work with me. I sent you an email. I will go by tomorrow, purchase, and email you my receipt. I await your email.

No, you can use how many ever you want. Just tell them the amount (I guess in cash) that you want to use. I'm pretty sure that the SYWR FAQ says that, pretty much word for word.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Only in spirit. Went to Oakland University in Rochester, MI.

But I was brought up a Wolverine fan and will always be one. That and I basically lived there while I was in college :)[/QUOTE]

Ah well, go blue :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Altanis']No, you can use how many ever you want. Just tell them the amount (I guess in cash) that you want to use. I'm pretty sure that the SYWR FAQ says that, pretty much word for word.[/QUOTE]

i know....i told the guy "are you sure??" at least twice....but it was the first time i used my points

If I get in on TDU2 on day one, I think I'll be getting it at Kmart. If it'd just been a copy of TDU 1 PC with purchase, I'd probably have passed, but the extra $10 in SYWR points will help buy the DLC I'll miss out on by not getting it at Gamestop. Not too shabby.

I'm feeling uncertain about the game, though. It's Eden, not known for stellar levels of polish in their games, and what I've seen and experienced makes me uneasy. But I want to like it.

Not sure if this was posted already, but I picked up DS2 for PS3 for $29.99 at the Kmart in Penn Station. They ran out of cards and said this is what they were doing as an alternative.

[quote name='BladeZ']Not sure if this was posted already, but I picked up DS2 for PS3 for $29.99 at the Kmart in Penn Station. They ran out of cards and said this is what they were doing as an alternative.[/QUOTE]

ooh, man, that store's gonna get in trouble..

and not only that, $60 - $20 is $40, not $30..

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']A couple of reasons. Definitely bigger than KZ3 from an estimate perspective but maybe more so is that this is a game we would normally not do well with. In order to steal some share, a dominant offer was needed.[/QUOTE]

Plus, I asked for MvC to be $25. So that's a HUGE part of it too.. :lol:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']A couple of reasons. Definitely bigger than KZ3 from an estimate perspective but maybe more so is that this is a game we would normally not do well with. In order to steal some share, a dominant offer was needed.[/QUOTE]

Plus, I asked for MvC to be $25. So that's a HUGE part of it too.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back