Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry haven't been on in lil while. But usually I saw deals list as xx/xx-1/30. So I wasn't sure if it ended or started. But ya starting on the 30th makes since

Yep, the dates in the OP are the day the deals start (except for the ones that say "effective till" like the BOGO 50% off deals).

The dates are usually a Sunday, although if it involves a game's release it won't be active until the game actually releases (normally Tuesday).

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']

My only problem with K-Mart has been the fact that not one time over the last 4 months have I gone in and seen someone in the electronics department. I've always had to go to customer service and have them paged. No lie, today while I was waiting in electronics I heard over the intercom "Electronics, you have a call on line 1". That made mw decide to walk up to the CS counter to ask for them to be paged and on my way I hear "Electronics, you have a call on line 1 and 2". I get there and there's 2 customers in line before me so I wait. After a few minutes the phone rings. "Electronics, you havea call on lines 1, 2, and 3". At that point I asked if they could also ask them to go to their station after they're done with all the phone calls.[/QUOTE]

When I went in my local store yesterday, the electronics lead was in the very front of the store working in another department. They just spread everybody too thin.

I think this is the only thread where people are mad that dumbasses are being insulted. Every other thread where a newbie posts something stupid is a shitstorm of corny jokes and horrendous insults.

Just because the state doesn't charge sales tax online doesn't mean you don't have to claim it come tax time. Since you're a student (think I saw that somewhere), mommy and daddy prolly still do your taxes. If you did your own, you would notice it in the forms, or your tax person would ask you.

You also left out NH on your list of no sales tax states. I was lucky in MA, there's a catch all tax that you can claim so that you don't have to go through all of your receipts. I hope AZ has something similiar.

Also, I know all about FL, I grew up in Bradenton...

And Joe, if ya don't like it don't read it. It's deal discussion, and I am pretty sure none of your posts in this thread have been helpful to anyone.

[quote name='Altanis']I wonder what he would tell the people that live in states like Delaware, Oregon, Montana, etc that don't charge sales tax. Or how in Florida companies that sell online don't have to collect sales tax if they don't have a physical presence in the state.
Does that mean that I'm somehow "cheating the tax man" (not that I have to file taxes anyway... being a dependent is great sometimes) even though it's the company's choice not to do it?

Eh screw it, it's not worth arguing with someone on my ignore list (not you. the person you quoted).

Yep, it's legit.

Snake, feel free to go out and get a copy of Little Big Planet 2, Dead Space 2, and a $20 points card and walk out of the store paying $90 + tax. :) It'll work.[/QUOTE]

Went yesterday to get Dead Space 2 w/ 1600 MSP card, sent family member to pick it up at the San Ysidro, CA Kmart where they told her that there was no deal like that and it was probably only online not to mention they had no MSP cards. I later went to the Chula Vista, CA Kmart where they were advertising the deal and had $20 PSN cards in stock but no MSP cards. I asked the cashier, who was extremely rude, if she could check if they had any and she said "No, thats all we have" I asked what she could do and she just kept asking "Do you want to the game or not?" So I asked to speak to the manager, the manager was extremely nice and told me since they didn't have any cards she could give me a written rain check to get the card later but really didn't want to have to drive out there so I asked if she could just give me $20 off the game and she did. Got DS2 for $39.99 + tax, got a good deal in the end but had to go through the hassle of going to 2 stores and having to ask to speak to the manager to get it. Really incredible K-mart can't have the points cards in stock while Walmart, GameStop and Best Buy have tons in stock all the time.

[quote name='TheLounge']Just because the state doesn't charge sales tax online doesn't mean you don't have to claim it come tax time. Since you're a student (think I saw that somewhere), mommy and daddy prolly still do your taxes. If you did your own, you would notice it in the forms, or your tax person would ask you.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll admit that I wasn't aware of that. I don't remember ever seeing a line for it on my tax forms here in Missouri though.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm going to draw blood if I continue to bite my tongue. The temptation to rip into the poor logic behind people's arguments is almost too much to bear.

This thread really need a cleansing. It's gotten ridiculous and out of hand. People asking easily-answered questions, people being snide and insulting, and lots of discussion of stupid, disrespectful and downright dickish scams, schemes, and what have you. Really? I mean, I know it's the internet, but for fuck's sake, people.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I think the original content was better. I was pretty damn confused for a second when I clicked the link in the subscription email and nothing was there, then a different post showed up.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think this is the only thread where people are mad that dumbasses are being insulted. Every other thread where a newbie posts something stupid is a shitstorm of corny jokes and horrendous insults.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. This thread is literally the only one I have seen on CAG where people are defending dumbasses and their actions. Every other thread the insults get thrown more than snowballs after a blizzard.

I was going to add in some other stuff here but decided against it. I figure there really is no point in arguing with people on my ignore list.

Oh, and gettinmoney662, I think your post yesterday morning was more appropriate tonight. I'm actually up at 4am, funnily enough with a migraine.

[quote name='Killbomb']Well, I'll admit that I wasn't aware of that. I don't remember ever seeing a line for it on my tax forms here in Missouri though.[/QUOTE]
You're supposed to claim it, but I believe a story I read on the exact subject said something like only 10% (I think, I don't remember the exact number) actually claimed anything, and like 1% actually claimed the right amount. Personally, I'd hate to be the tax "professional" that had to deal with that part of my taxes. I'm damn glad I don't have to file.

However, some states don't require it. There's like 4 groups of states. First group is the New York group, where sales tax is already charged for online purchases. Then you have the 2nd group (like FL) where they don't require companies to charge it, but you're supposed to claim the sales tax you didn't pay. Then the 3rd group is the ones that don't require it and then you don't have to claim it on your taxes, and then you have the 4th group of states, the ones that just say "fuck it" and don't charge sales tax period.

[quote name='Altanis']

You're supposed to claim it, but I believe a story I read on the exact subject said something like only 10% (I think, I don't remember the exact number) actually claimed anything, and like 1% actually claimed the right amount. Personally, I'd hate to be the tax "professional" that had to deal with that part of my taxes. I'm damn glad I don't have to file.[/QUOTE]

I was just reading that states will usually only push for it on big ticket items with licenses, like cars or boats since it would indeed be such a mess to keep small purchases straight.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think this is the only thread where people are mad that dumbasses are being insulted. Every other thread where a newbie posts something stupid is a shitstorm of corny jokes and horrendous insults.[/QUOTE]

Not that the 'dumbasses' are being insulted, but the fact that either there's a snide answer to questions, or someone is whining about how so-and-so shouldn't be posting here because they're mean. The entire thread just needs a more neutral stance.

This biggest problem with the attitudes in this thread is that the thread itself is indirectly promoting a retail store. All the stupid comments and insults are indirectly hurting Kmart. By insulting people you are ruining their experience on CAG and most likely if they don't get the answer they're looking for they won't bother going into Kmart.

Also, when it comes to PMing ME2 at Kmart here are my thoughts. I don't care if they are NOT popular.

1. Anyone who bought ME2 in conjunction with Dead Space 2 and the points card should NOT be eligible for a PM because the points card was limited to this week when ME was $59.99

2. Anyone who bought ME2 by itself or in conjunction with any other game that is the SAME price next week SHOULD get a PM from $59.99 to $44.99.

I know that is a loss for Josh and SHC but it is within the rules of what a Price Match / Guarantee is designed for.

Ex.

Week 1 = Buy Game A (Mass Effect $59.99) and get any other game B-Z that originally cost $59.99 1/2 off.

Week 2 = Buy Game A (Mass Effect $44.99) and get any other game B-Z that originally cost $59.99 1/2 off.

Why shouldn't you get a Price Match in the above example? If you bought the same two games in Week 1 it would cost you $15 more then if you bought the same games in week 2? The Price Match policies at retail stores are designed exactly for this reason.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Ah, what to do. I really want the MvsC special edition but that 25,000 points looks mighty tempting.[/QUOTE]
You can get the SE and get the 25,000 points.
Edit: Oh, misunderstood you. Did you not ask for any to be allocated to your store?
I'm confused by what you are saying.

Alright alright. Come clean... which one of you monkeys lives in Prescott, Arizona?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-2-PS...aultDomain_0&hash=item2560ca591b#ht_500wt_949

I love how the Kmart stickers are still on the items.

Edit. That's kind of sad... after eBay/PayPal fees they may make $6 on the deal assuming it goes for the minimum sale price. Even if it sells for the BIN they are looking at only $15...

$15 is the new price for leaving your fellow CAG out in the cold on a great deal... sad sad sad

[quote name='GBAstar']Alright alright. Come clean... which one of you monkeys lives in Prescott, Arizona?
[/QUOTE]

+5 bonus points GBAstar

[quote name='GBAstar']Alright alright. Come clean... which one of you monkeys lives in Prescott, Arizona?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Space-2-PS...aultDomain_0&hash=item2560ca591b#ht_500wt_949

Edit. That's kind of sad... after eBay/PayPal fees they may make $6 on the deal assuming it goes for the minimum sale price. Even if it sells for the BIN they are looking at only $15...

$15 is the new price for leaving your fellow CAG out in the cold on a great deal... sad sad sad[/QUOTE]
haha thats kinda funny

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Ah, what to do. I really want the MvsC special edition but that 25,000 points looks mighty tempting.[/QUOTE]

CE's also gets you the points.. unless that is you stating that your kmart wont have the mvc3 CE..

honestly its great to see how so many people keep saying lets move away from the side talk, yet they keep bringing it up!! how else is the conversation suppose to end when people keep dragging it's dead body from the grave? (figure of speech)

$15 is the new price for leaving your fellow CAG out in the cold on a great deal... sad sad sad[/QUOTE]
What a complete waste of time.

[quote name='affa']psp2=win.
please, for the love of all things good, josh -- get the best deal of all time on that.[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna call anything win until we get a price. Might look cool but there is a definite price point to where I'll pay and I think Sony is going to push it.

[quote name='drhodes4']Pretty sweet incentives and since it's K-mart and no one goes there you know its all in stock.[/QUOTE]

yea good luck with that lol... k-mart deals have been spreading like wild fire over the last few months, to the point where you pretty much need to be there opening hour to get a damn CE's lol...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I am officially caught up. I'll jump back on tonight to see if I can help out some more.

Why has the thread rating taken a beating :( I thought it has had a pretty good start.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, Josh, I would have rated the thread a 2 up until this morning. Now, that I have added Altanis to my ignore list, I most certainly rate this thread at a 5 (already done). :applause:

I very much appreciate the work you do on getting CAG folks these very nice deals.

I recommend everyone add Altanis to their ignore list (hover over the gear image on the tool bar and select 'ignore list'). I am actually very surprised his jackass responses (which half the time don't even answer the question he is responding to) to others have not earned him a ban... WTfuck, mods?

[quote name='transamdude95']...[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to put him on the ignore list, I don't ever add anyone to an ignore list. He has given some sound advice before and helped a couple people out. What if the guy has an issue or needs help with something?
But I've learned when looking at posts in here that if his posts have a quote in them from someone else, to just let my eyes scroll right on past whatever text is under it and go to the next post. Same thing with FinalBoss.

[quote name='transamdude95']Well, to be honest, Josh, I would have rated the thread a 2 up until this morning. Now, that I have added Altanis to my ignore list, I most certainly rate this thread at a 5 (already done). :applause:

I very much appreciate the work you do on getting CAG folks these very nice deals.

I recommend everyone add Altanis to their ignore list (hover over the gear image on the tool bar and select 'ignore list'). I am actually very surprised his jackass responses (which half the time don't even answer the question he is responding to) to others have not earned him a ban... WTfuck, mods?[/QUOTE]
Outside of Altanis calling people out, I don't see why anyone wouldn't listen to what he has to say. He contributes to this thread, keeps up with the updates, and more importantly he supports SHC-Gamer, unlike people who look Kmart as company they don't care for or mind ripping off because it's been failing for years.

Does anyone know if you can exchange a PSN card for a XBLA card? I doubt it's possible, since it's activated when they scan it. Just wanted to make sure.

It's just not worth going down to that level.

On an entirely unrelated note, the PSP2 NGP looks fantastic. The probable price point, however, does not. A penny for Josh's thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know if you can exchange a PSN card for a XBLA card? I doubt it's possible, since it's activated when they scan it. Just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine its a store policy specific rule.

I do know I was able to return a 12 month Gold card to BestBuy a few weeks ago. Provided you haven't scratched off anything (not sure if the PSN cards have the scratchoff on them though) I would imagine most stores would take them back or allow them to be exchanged.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know if you can exchange a PSN card for a XBLA card? I doubt it's possible, since it's activated when they scan it. Just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I have an xbox card I'd like to trade for PSN card. PM me if you're interested. I can get it in the mail today.

You cannot exchange any of those type of cards. It usually says so right on the card if not also on the receipt.

[quote name='TheLounge']
And Joe, if ya don't like it don't read it. It's deal discussion, and I am pretty sure none of your posts in this thread have been helpful to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Yes, DEAL discussion. Not SCAM discussion. Which is why you fail.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']You can get the SE and get the 25,000 points.
Edit: Oh, misunderstood you. Did you not ask for any to be allocated to your store?
I'm confused by what you are saying.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it! I didn't ask for any allocated at my store becuase I just got a new job and have to move to a new area within the month so I'm not sure what store will be near me.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Signed for the package on 1/21. An associate named Hastings :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Went back this morning (third time in a row) to the Burbank store and someone went into the back and found it. The odd thing was that the box looked like it had already been opened, and in the box there were copies of Two Worlds 2; that game has been on the shelf since yesterday. So did someone open the box and just put out Two Worlds 2, and then lose it for two days? Doesn't make any sense.

Also, while checking out the employee rang it up multiple times because he didn't know about the deal, then told me he could only take one coupon until I pointed the wording out to him. He then asked if I had been in the store before, because he recognized me, and there was only one person coming in with all these coupons. It may have just been my paranoia, but it kinda felt like he was accusing me of scamming, so I told him I this was the last of the coupon train, that apparently people had been scamming and that I didn't understand why people had to ruin a good thing. I don't think it changed his mind or anything, though. He had asked me a few months ago, when I picked up a few games, if I was a reseller or something. I guess they just don't get much in the way of video game business.

Despite this, the Burbank store has been decent; the store itself has been cleaned up, and the video game section is the more organized of the Kmarts in town, with front-facing games in the cases and clearly labeled sales (they had Dead Space 1 out and clearly labeled from day one). For anyone in the area, they have a bunch of PSN cards but only 1 Xbox card left.

I had an interesting experience.

I was lucky enough that my local store had a couple of copies of LBP2 CE still kicking around today, and so I went in to buy it, Dead Space 2, and to get the $20 PSN card.

The electronics cashier didn't know anything about anything and so took my sale to the manager, who said she "hates that blog". They were out of $20 PSN card and so I told them I'll just get a $20 XBLA card instead. They were shocked that A) I knew that this would work and B) that I could get a 360 card with a PS3 game. I explained that it is a multiplatform release, etc. - and must have thrown so much lingo and "expertise" at them that they offered me a job and started competing for who would get to use me in their department first. I think I was called "smart" or "intelligent" about 5 times in the 10 minutes it took to do everything. I told them thanks but no thanks, but it seemed that they watched me leave the store with a sense of awe and wonder.

Anyway, LBP2 CE + Dead Space 2 (+ Extraction, of course) + 1600 MS Points = $105 + tax. Not bad at all :D

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It's just not worth going down to that level.

On an entirely unrelated note, the PSP2 NGP looks fantastic. The probable price point, however, does not. A penny for Josh's thoughts.[/QUOTE]

The psp go 2 NGP or whatever the hell it is will be a retail nightmare. What do they expect target/kmart/toy s rus/best buy just to sell the console at a minimal profit margin and be done with it. Meanwhile sony price fixes the distribution of content?

Ya sorry sony. I love ps1.2.3 and psp. but this is a major fail in my book. Gotta own something to want to spend money for it Only 5 dollar psn/live/i pad games are worth not having physical copies over.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']It's just not worth going down to that level.

On an entirely unrelated note, the PSP2 NGP looks fantastic. The probable price point, however, does not. A penny for Josh's thoughts.[/QUOTE]
I was talking with Sony this morning on the specs and everything and there is deifnitley no official price. If you see it priced anywhere (including us) it is a place holder only.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Went yesterday to get Dead Space 2 w/ 1600 MSP card, sent family member to pick it up at the San Ysidro, CA Kmart where they told her that there was no deal like that and it was probably only online not to mention they had no MSP cards. I later went to the Chula Vista, CA Kmart where they were advertising the deal and had $20 PSN cards in stock but no MSP cards. I asked the cashier, who was extremely rude, if she could check if they had any and she said "No, thats all we have" I asked what she could do and she just kept asking "Do you want to the game or not?" So I asked to speak to the manager, the manager was extremely nice and told me since they didn't have any cards she could give me a written rain check to get the card later but really didn't want to have to drive out there so I asked if she could just give me $20 off the game and she did. Got DS2 for $39.99 + tax, got a good deal in the end but had to go through the hassle of going to 2 stores and having to ask to speak to the manager to get it. Really incredible K-mart can't have the points cards in stock while Walmart, GameStop and Best Buy have tons in stock all the time.[/QUOTE]
What kills me is that they cost nothing to stock. They are Scan Based sales where the inventory is only realized at the moment of the transaction. There is no excuse to be low on cards. There should be hundreds at all times. Definitely an issue I am screaming at the top of my lungs at up here.

[quote name='Velo214']I sure hope that Two Worlds 2 deal is online again. It should be since it's listed in the kmartgamer.com section of the first post. I remember when I bought NFS Hot Pursuit from kmartgamer.com for $40 a few weeks ago it was online as well. otherwise I can't get it cuz I live too far from KMART, argh. Peace n thanx CAG and SHC_GAMER![/QUOTE]
It will be online actually.

Probably too early to tell but do you think that NGP/PSP2 units shipped initially will be low? Just trying to figure out if I should preorder or if finding one won't be a problem.

Thanks for this awesome deal, Josh. Went into KMart, Addison, Chicago, and they were awesome. Unfortunately they had no more Live or PSN cards so I emailed you. Thanks for all of the hard work!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The psp go 2 NGP or whatever the hell it is will be a retail nightmare. What do they expect target/kmart/toy s rus/best buy just to sell the console at a minimal profit margin and be done with it. Meanwhile sony price fixes the distribution of content?

Ya sorry sony. I love ps1.2.3 and psp. but this is a major fail in my book. Gotta own something to want to spend money for it Only 5 dollar psn/live/i pad games are worth not having physical copies over.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?

There will be physical copies of games genius.

[quote name='Josh5890']Probably too early to tell but do you think that NGP/PSP2 units shipped initially will be low? Just trying to figure out if I should preorder or if finding one won't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

The man works for SHC, not Sony.

Plus, it's still way too early for anyone to give you the right answer to that :p

[quote name='Josh5890']Probably too early to tell but do you think that NGP/PSP2 units shipped initially will be low? Just trying to figure out if I should preorder or if finding one won't be a problem.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I will not know this (nor anyone actually) probably until E3.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']What are you talking about?

There will be physical copies of games genius.[/QUOTE]

Where? I saw they took the UMD drive out so i read that as everything will be download only like go.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Where? I saw they took the UMD drive out so i read that as everything will be download only like go.[/QUOTE]

Yep, its all going to be virtual content. Stupid indeed!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was talking with Sony this morning on the specs and everything and there is deifnitley no official price. If you see it priced anywhere (including us) it is a place holder only.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I figured as much. I was merely speculating that its probable price will be tough to swallow is all. If the tech inside the 3DS commands a $250 price tag, then the NGP is likely going to cost a pretty penny, and a few appendages to boot. I can't see it for less than $299 at launch. That's going to make it a tough sell, I think. There'll be the usual flood of early adopters, but how would a retail chain encourage sales of a high-price, low-margin item without killing profits too?

Seems like a difficult proposition. Not that I have any doubts you'll find some way to draw people in for it, of course, but it seems limited in what you could do. Perhaps I'm just not imaginative enough, though.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Where? I saw they took the UMD drive out so i read that as everything will be download only like go.[/QUOTE]

This is off topic, but I thought they showed some kind of flash cartridge...

That statement is false, my friend. The games will be on a cartridge -- something that is very similar to the DS.

While they did take out the UMD, this info from IGN sounds like games will not be download only:

"NGP will use a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. The cards will store full game titles and add-on game content or save data. Sony notes that they'll be able to provide higher capacity cards in the future to allow developers to store more game data."

On topic though, does anyone know if I can exchange Mass Effect 2 for Little Big Planet 2. I also got in on the DS2 promo with PSN cards, so I wasn't sure if that would complicate things. My store ran out of LBP2 so I picked up ME2 hoping I could use it as a placeholder for LBP2 while I waited for a new shipment to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back