Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Geb']While they did take out the UMD, this info from IGN sounds like games will not be download only:

"NGP will use a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. The cards will store full game titles and add-on game content or save data. Sony notes that they'll be able to provide higher capacity cards in the future to allow developers to store more game data."[/QUOTE]

It sounds to me like they are just upping the ability for you to transfer games from the PSN on your ps3 to NGP. Until I see a game box then I have to believe it's all digital only.

so I read that ps3 Dead Space Extraction installs from the bundled disc. But do you still need the disc in system to play afterward?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Where? I saw they took the UMD drive out so i read that as everything will be download only like go.[/QUOTE]

They might as well not even make a system then, lol.

It's confirmed to use a small flash memory cartridge (proprietary, natch) to hold games. And it seems that only a particular SKU of it will have 3G built in, kind of like the Kindle. Cue the conskusion, because I have a feeling that there's going to be several SKUs at launch again. I'm guessing 3, just because one for wifi, one for wifi and 3G, and a bonus mystery SKU because they can.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/01/sony-tokyo-event-1385.jpg

[quote name='jjmai']so I read that ps3 Dead Space Extraction installs from the bundled disc. But do you still need the disc in system to play afterward?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need the DS2 disc to play Extraction. I just played it last night. It's pretty cool, but the gunplay definitely feels slower than something like House of the Dead, but fun nonetheless.

[quote name='Geb']"NGP will use a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. The cards will store full game titles and add-on game content or save data. Sony notes that they'll be able to provide higher capacity cards in the future to allow developers to store more game data."
[/QUOTE]

Much like the MS Pro Duo, or any DS cart. Maybe they realised discs aren't that good for portables.

[quote name='Geb']Yes, you need the DS2 disc to play Extraction. I just played it last night. It's pretty cool, but the gunplay definitely feels slower than something like House of the Dead, but fun nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you need the DS2 disc, not the Extraction disc?
Darn, I was thinking of getting an used Extraction disc, since I was planning to play DS2 on xbox360...

[quote name='jjmai']Oh, so you need the DS2 disc, not the Extraction disc?
Darn, I was thinking of getting an used Extraction disc, since I was planning to play DS2 on xbox360...[/QUOTE]
I'm a bit confused by your question. Extraction HD only comes on the PS3 version, which AFAIK is only 1 disc. You isntall it off the disc, but still need the disc to play it. I don't believe there's any separate disc just for Extraction. If you want to play DS2 on the 360, then you can always get the normal Extraction for the Wii for cheap. It's around $11 last I checked on Newegg.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Where? I saw they took the UMD drive out so i read that as everything will be download only like go.[/QUOTE]
Games will be on flash drives.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I'm a bit confused by your question. Extraction HD only comes on the PS3 version, which AFAIK is only 1 disc. You isntall it off the disc, but still need the disc to play it. I don't believe there's any separate disc just for Extraction. If you want to play DS2 on the 360, then you can always get the normal Extraction for the Wii for cheap. It's around $11 last I checked on Newegg.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that it comes on a separate disc for PS3.... Not sure. Can anyone confirm just how it is installed and played?

Hey josh i sent you an email yesterday, and just a minute ago. please reply it asap thank you. It has to do with PSN cards out of stock.

[quote name='jjmai']I read somewhere that it comes on a separate disc for PS3.... Not sure. Can anyone confirm just how it is installed and played?[/QUOTE]
I was under the impression that the PS3 version included a DLC voucher for DS: Extraction. DS:Extraction can be purchased on the PSN for $15 outright however.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']If you want to play DS2 on the 360, then you can always get the normal Extraction for the Wii for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize 360 was Wii compatible. ;)

[quote name='Vader582']I was under the impression that the PS3 version included a DLC voucher for DS: Extraction. DS:Extraction can be purchased on the PSN for $15 outright however.[/QUOTE]
Not a voucher. On the disc. :)

[quote name='Vader582']I was under the impression that the PS3 version included a DLC voucher for DS: Extraction. DS:Extraction can be purchased on the PSN for $15 outright however.[/QUOTE]

Extraction is on the DS2 Bluray. You do not need a voucher. When you see DS2 on your XMB, below (or maybe it's above) the DS2 game is another option for Extras. From there, you are given the option to install Extraction which will then create another game icon specifically for Extraction just like for games you download from PSN. To access and play the game though, you need to have the DS2 game in your PS3.

maybe this guy has lots of kmart credit/coupons left over that to him the profit margin is much bigger than just cash to cash flip.

or maybe he is one of those guys who did the buy/return keep the SYWR points scam. I hope they closed that loophole.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']Not a voucher. On the disc. :)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Geb']Extraction is on the DS2 Bluray. You do not need a voucher. When you see DS2 on your XMB, below (or maybe it's above) the DS2 game is another option for Extras. From there, you are given the option to install Extraction which will then create another game icon specifically for Extraction just like for games you download from PSN. To access and play the game though, you need to have the DS2 game in your PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ah gotcha! Thx for the info.
Now I can safely buy the :360: version of DS2 and buy the DLC :ps3: version of DS: Extraction without the hassle of needing a disc. :)

Been mentioned time and time again. No voucher. It's on the same disk as DS2. Shows up as a second disk on PS3, but it's the same physical disk.

I was surprised to see my local KMart got 2 copies of Little Big Planet 2 CE. I'm surprised there was even 1, let alone 2. May pick one up next week with GOW set, if I decide to get a PS3 down the line.

[quote name='salty tbone']Didn't realize 360 was Wii compatible. ;)[/QUOTE]
It's part of the new Spring Dashboard update. :)

Figured it was worth tossing out there in case he had a Wii.

Thank goodness for the "Search this Thread" option. It would be a complete mess trying to find actual info without it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, are you able to tell us anything on how the 3DS handles based on your time with it the other day? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm stuck in meetings right now but I definitely will. Super Street Fighter on 3DS is the #$%$.

[quote name='sadboy']Outside of Altanis calling people out, I don't see why anyone wouldn't listen to what he has to say. He contributes to this thread, keeps up with the updates, and more importantly he supports SHC-Gamer, unlike people who look Kmart as company they don't care for or mind ripping off because it's been failing for years.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the kind words. :) Don't let the others get to you- I don't let them get to me, and most of the insults they hurl are directed at me. It still amazes me though that people still assume I'm somehow connected to Kmart.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know if you can exchange a PSN card for a XBLA card? I doubt it's possible, since it's activated when they scan it. Just wanted to make sure.[/QUOTE]
If they're anything like prepaid phone cards, the second you scan it and pay for it, you can't return it. It's because there's no way for them to know that you haven't used it (even if there's no way in hell that you hadn't).

[quote name='confoosious']You cannot exchange any of those type of cards. It usually says so right on the card if not also on the receipt.[/quote]
I dunno about that. I haven't looked at any of them or bought any, but I'm not sure. I highly doubt you could return them though.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, DEAL discussion. Not SCAM discussion. Which is why you fail.[/QUOTE]
:clap:

[quote name='Altanis']Thanks for the kind words. :) Don't let the others get to you- I don't let them get to me, and most of the insults they hurl are directed at me. It still amazes me though that people still assume I'm somehow connected to Kmart.
[/QUOTE]
It amazes you? Because you pretty much pretend to be. You're like the Internet version of a 5th grade teacher's pet.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']It amazes you? Because you pretty much pretend to be. You're like the Internet version of a 5th grade teacher's pet.[/QUOTE]

Now I understand why people don't like you. Were you just sittin back and hitting Refresh on this thread until Altanis made a post?

Hey Josh, I picked up LB2 and DS2 with points, and the people working there (#7283) were totally clueless as to any deals. Everything went fine when it rang up, but they gave me the typical maybe it's only an online special, etc.etc.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm stuck in meetings right now but I definitely will. Super Street Fighter on 3DS is the #$%$.[/QUOTE]

StockBoy got to play too and it was insane, I was so ready to have my eyes burn out in an hour just to keep playing.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Now I understand why people don't like you. Were you just sittin back and hitting Refresh on this thread until Altanis made a post?[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='spectre666']Hey Josh, I picked up LB2 and DS2 with points, and the people working there (#7283) were totally clueless as to any deals. Everything went fine when it rang up, but they gave me the typical maybe it's only an online special, etc.etc.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't advertised in the ad. It's really not surprising they gave that spiel, considering that it was only advertised online.

Again, if it isn't in the ad, the people working aren't going to know about it, unless they venture on to CAG or similar sites. The odds of that are pretty damn low.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']StockBoy got to play too and it was insane, I was so ready to have my eyes burn out in an hour just to keep playing.[/QUOTE]

lol, hey stock boy did you get to play it freely or did u just snatch one and ran? lol

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']StockBoy got to play too and it was insane, I was so ready to have my eyes burn out in an hour just to keep playing.[/QUOTE]

lol, hey stock boy did you get to play it freely or did u just snatch one and ran? lol

[quote name='Altanis']It wasn't advertised in the ad. It's really not surprising they gave that spiel, considering that it was only advertised online.

Again, if it isn't in the ad, the people working aren't going to know about it, unless they venture on to CAG or similar sites. The odds of that are pretty damn low.[/QUOTE]

see but the problem i have with this issue is that josh has stated that prior to every release theres an internal note that gets sent out to the stores. which has me to believe that managers in charge of the electronic department are fucking idiots and never relay the message to there employees.. the dude at my kmart always knows whats going on well since josh sent that internal email to the higher ups anyways...

Is that a good thing or bad? Just kidding.

Between the 3DS and NGP, I'd be more inclined to choose the 3DS due to the potential for unique games indicative of what Nintendo usually releases. Anything else fits into a genre that I'd rather play on a home console. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't play Call of Duty or Killzone on the NGP if they're unique installments.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='medetron']see but the problem i have with this issue is that josh has stated that prior to every release theres an internal note that gets sent out to the stores. which has me to believe that managers in charge of the electronic department are fucking idiots and never relay the message to there employees.. the dude at my kmart always knows whats going on well since josh sent that internal email to the higher ups anyways...[/QUOTE]
Trust me, not all electronics managers do their job.

It's like the multiple memos he had to send out about gaming coupons being stackable, and then there were still multiple issues of places accepting more than 1. Sometimes things don't trickle down, or something they just never get past who needs to validate everything.

I had a good experience at the Kmart in Chula Vista. The employee there was very friendly and she rang everything up with no problem. They were out of Microsoft Points so I just grabbed a PSN card. Will definitely shop there in the future.

[quote name='sadboy']Outside of Altanis calling people out, I don't see why anyone wouldn't listen to what he has to say. He contributes to this thread, keeps up with the updates, and more importantly he supports SHC-Gamer, unlike people who look Kmart as company they don't care for or mind ripping off because it's been failing for years.[/QUOTE]

My main issue with him is regarding his diatribe towards half of the people he responds to. He specifically goes out of his way to berate a person for asking a typically simple question and then laments for having done so. He is, for the most part, redundant, in that he irritably does something half-assedly and basically complains about having done said thing, when he could have not even done said thing and there would have been no difference in the final outcome aside from the griefing he bestowed upon CAGers. It makes no sense.

Quick example:

[quote name='Altanis']No, no Kmart anywhere in the world sells PC games. They've just had deals on WOW Cataclysm and SC 2 for shits and giggles.

Yes, Kmart carries PC games. The selection is likely small, and it might be like every Kmart I've seen and be locked in a glass case with blu-ray movies (why lock those up?). Your particular store might not have any PC games.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[quote name='medetron']lol, hey stock boy did you get to play it freely or did u just snatch one and ran? lol[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, I was the person in the meeting room where everyone is like "who the hell is that?" and I did steal it out of Josh's hands...I had another meeting to get to so I had dish out as many hadukens as I could.

I think there needs to be a throwdown between you and Josh when it releases. :)

Don't mind me, I'm only playing the role of instigator.

[quote name='confoosious']You cannot exchange any of those type of cards. It usually says so right on the card if not also on the receipt.

Yes, DEAL discussion. Not SCAM discussion. Which is why you fail.[/QUOTE]

False advertisement = deal not a scam.

Scam = when you pull one over on someone. A scam would be if I made the advertisement myself.

[quote name='TheLounge']False advertisement = deal not a scam.

Scam = when you pull one over on someone. A scam would be if I made the advertisement myself.[/QUOTE]
Define false advertisement.

[quote name='sadboy']Define false advertisement.[/QUOTE]
When the wrong picture is pulled from the database by an errant web script and put next to the information of the right game.

The kind of mistake retailers aren't legally obligated to honor (see: every major Best Buy, Walmart, and Target cockup of the last several years.)

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I think there needs to be a throwdown between you and Josh when it releases. :)

Don't mind me, I'm only playing the role of instigator.[/QUOTE]
Stockboy knows better.......

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Pretty much, I was the person in the meeting room where everyone is like "who the hell is that?" and I did steal it out of Josh's hands...I had another meeting to get to so I had dish out as many hadukens as I could.[/QUOTE]
Things almost got rambunctious in front of the Nintendo reps. Who takes a 3DS man?

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']When the wrong picture is pulled from the database by an errant web script and put next to the information of the right game.

The kind of mistake retailers aren't legally obligated to honor (see: every major Best Buy, Walmart, and Target cockup of the last several years.)[/QUOTE]

Never said anyone was obligated to honor anything.

If they happened to honor it, or their policy allows it, that is up to the store(s).

I don't see how an errant webscript is any different from when an errant worker did the same thing ages ago. Stores still offered the price matches.

Not to mention an errant script is prolly the reason the b1 new g1 used 50% deal works at gamestop.com

I don't see anyone whining about that thread though.

Quick question for SHC-Gamer, if he happens to be reading . . .

I want to pick up the deal on Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but the only K-Marts anywhere near me are in Manhattan. Will they be participating?

Last time I bought a game at K-Mart (NBA Jam when it dropped to $30), they were hesitant to give me the deal, and when they did, they acted as if it was a special one-time thing.

Thanks!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Things almost got rambunctious in front of the Nintendo reps. Who takes a 3DS man?[/QUOTE]

He's the company rebel. Someone get him a leather jacket.

[quote name='TheLounge']Never said anyone was obligated to honor anything.[/QUOTE]
Except that you just labeled it "false advertisement," which is overtly calling what happened illegal, and by implication, a legal need to honor or rectify the situation.

[quote name='TheLounge']If they happened to honor it, or their policy allows it, that is up to the store(s).[/QUOTE]
Except that it's not up to the stores. Any honor of that price is a violation of the entire chain's policy (not pricematching the website). Thus, it should never happen, and if it does, it is also a mistake. That it happens does not mean it is condoning that action to happen again.

[quote name='TheLounge']I don't see how an errant webscript is any different from when an errant worker did the same thing ages ago. Stores still offered the price matches.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. That if it happens, then it's ok to exploit? People exploit Walmart all the time for return fraud. Does this, by similar logic, mean it's ok if "they happened to honor it"?

[quote name='TheLounge']Not to mention an errant script is prolly the reason the b1 new g1 used 50% deal works at gamestop.com

I don't see anyone whining about that thread though.[/QUOTE]
I can't speak to that, because I'm not familiar enough to say whether that's true or not. Regardless, this distractionary argument really doesn't count for anything. That it happens elsewhere, or that people don't complain about it elsewhere, is completely immaterial to what we're discussing here, and people's reactions here. You're not addressing that point, but instead pointing elsewhere to justify it.

[quote name='TheLounge']Never said anyone was obligated to honor anything.

If they happened to honor it, or their policy allows it, that is up to the store(s).

I don't see how an errant webscript is any different from when an errant worker did the same thing ages ago. Stores still offered the price matches.

Not to mention an errant script is prolly the reason the b1 new g1 used 50% deal works at gamestop.com

I don't see anyone whining about that thread though.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone, even those who don't like me, when I say : just shut up.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Stockboy knows better.......[/QUOTE]

Please, I was the one who figured out how to do the special moves...I had to teach you, just like I would in an old fashioned throwdown.

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Please, I was the one who figured out how to do the special moves...I had to teach you, just like I would in an old fashioned throwdown.[/QUOTE]
SHC-Gamer: "Yes...sensei... (bows head)" j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back