Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh, any clue when you'll know about the rest of the Feb/Mar deals? I'm guessing a couple more weeks (going off when you got the confirmation about the ones there already), but just curious. Specifically I'm interested in Pokemon B&W but that's one of the last ones on the list, so I expect it to be later.

I think I have my planned purchases finalized. If everything works out (and so far, everything has), I'll be pretty damn happy with the result.

[quote name='Tsnake617']Are these deals advertised in the stores? I was looking for an indication of the LBP2 deal, but I couldn't find it. I was planning to use that to get Dead Space 2 half off along with a PSN card.[/QUOTE]
No. They're advertised only in the blog.

[quote name='Tsnake617']Are these deals advertised in the stores? I was looking for an indication of the LBP2 deal, but I couldn't find it. I was planning to use that to get Dead Space 2 half off along with a PSN card.[/QUOTE]
Hello! The deal can be found at Kmartgamer.com which is featured in the weekly circular. The discounts occur instantly during the transaction once the cashiers ring everything up and total the purchase. Good stores will put out signage, other stores have not and may not even know about the deal. Regardless, the system has it correct and the deal will work. If for some reason it does not, point them to the circular featuring the blog and if that does not work purchase what you can without extending yourself and email me and I will take care of you.

[quote name='Altanis']Josh, any clue when you'll know about the rest of the Feb/Mar deals? I'm guessing a couple more weeks (going off when you got the confirmation about the ones there already), but just curious. Specifically I'm interested in Pokemon B&W but that's one of the last ones on the list, so I expect it to be later.

I think I have my planned purchases finalized. If everything works out (and so far, everything has), I'll be pretty damn happy with the result.

No. They're advertised only in the blog.[/QUOTE]
I asked the same thing today from the SYWR team. Should be in a couple of weeks. I think we'll be good though. I'll keep pressing them.

[quote name='justoneuncle']I have a $10 Gaming purchase coupon from the Mario All-Star promotion that expires tomorrow. I I went to my local Kmart and tried to use them on a 1600 points card but was denied by the cashier and her supervisor on the other register. The first page seems to indicate that I can use the coupon on a card. Is there something I'm missing? I just don't want to lose the coupon.[/QUOTE]
You should definitely email the details when you get a chance. The store is definitely incorrect.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just some random questions, Josh:

-Is there any chance in the future of a sale on Rock Band peripherals? The keyboard refuses to drop in price anywhere, and I can't bring myself to spend $70 on another plastic instrument.
-Not so much for me as for others, since I already have it, but what about Dragon Age Origins: Complete (or the individual game/expansion) going on sale the same week as Dragon Age 2? I think the "sequel sales" are a cool idea to get people into a series.
-Purely based on what you've seen, which one do you think consumers will be more wowed by: the 3DS or the NGP? And if the NGP can compete within a reasonable amount with the 3DS' price, which do you think stands a better shot of selling? My curiosity has the better of me.

Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]
Let's just say I'm not a big fan of EA no long distributing the peripherals of Rock Band and with Harmonix being purchased by an investment group it is definitely a different ball game right now. In short, I'm not sure when we'll see activity here.

I will have Dragon Age Ultimate Edition discounted when DA2 is released :)

My personal opinion.....I am NGP all the way in comparison to the 3DS. Not that I don't love the 3DS but when I saw the Gamespot cam footage of Drakes Fortune being played.....well.....I couldn't stand up right away.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hello! The deal can be found at Kmartgamer.com which is featured in the weekly circular. The discounts occur instantly during the transaction once the cashiers ring everything up and total the purchase. Good stores will put out signage, other stores have not and may not even know about the deal. Regardless, the system has it correct and the deal will work. If for some reason it does not, point them to the circular featuring the blog and if that does not work purchase what you can without extending yourself and email me and I will take care of you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I asked the same thing today from the SYWR team. Should be in a couple of weeks. I think we'll be good though. I'll keep pressing them.[/QUOTE]
No hurry, no hurry. Just curious if you knew.

I know everything will work out one way or another.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']My personal opinion.....I am NGP all the way in comparison to the 3DS. Not that I don't love the 3DS but when I saw the Gamespot cam footage of Drakes Fortune being played.....well.....I couldn't stand up right away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that thing looks completely bad ass. I thought the sniping bit in Uncharted was pretty awesome.

The only thing that will kill everyone's love of it will be when they announce the price. I'll guess $349 for the wifi and $449 for the 3G give or take $50.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm guessing the minus $50. I'll peg it at 299 and 399.[/QUOTE]

And that is quite pricey for a handheld, imo. Knowing Sony, the prices will be around. I can't foresee them matching the 3DS.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']
:ps3:1-18 Mass Effect - Buy Mass Effect 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)
  • Will be on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30
:ps3:1-18 Little Big Planet 2 - Buy Little Big Planet 2 PS3 and get another $59.99 game 50% off (offer valid through 2/12)

[/QUOTE]

SOrry if this has been covered, but do these deals stack? Meaning, can I buy Mass Effect 2 for 44.99 next week, then get LBP 2 for half off, then buy another 59.99 game for half off via the LBP2 deal?

Thanks!

You're not sorry. So don't say you are.

Let's play the common sense game here. If the BOGO 50% off deal runs 1/18 to 2/12, and ME2 is on sale for $44.99 the week of 1/30, does common sense say that the two deals are concurrent and stackable? I promise, it's not a trick question.

However, you can only get 1 game 50% off. If you buy ME2 and LBP2, you get one of them 50% off. If you buy ME2, LBP2, and something else, you get 1 game 50% off. Period. You can't chain the savings. Why would you think you could?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will say the PSP Go was a retail disaster becuase the HW sold for very minimal profits and there were no games to sell basically. It seems the NGP will be based on flash cards but I don't know the retail solution fully just yet. Still up in the air for me whether this beast will be retail friendly or not.[/QUOTE]

I don't quite get the issue, though. Ipads for example, are completely digital distribution for software -- the retailers only sell hardware and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Heck, retailers are making bank off of ipad sales. So even were the PSP2 all digital (which it isn't) what does it matter? The entire industry is moving towards digital distribution (see ME2 being released directly to PSN on release day) and it's not slowing down.

[quote name='chickenhawk']SOrry if this has been covered, but do these deals stack? Meaning, can I buy Mass Effect 2 for 44.99 next week, then get LBP 2 for half off, then buy another 59.99 game for half off via the LBP2 deal?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Don't mind Altanis, apparently his psyche goes up and down depending on this thread. Sad really.

The answer is no...they don't stack like that. It's only ME2 + LBP2. Not 3 games.

[quote name='affa']I don't quite get the issue, though. Ipads for example, are completely digital distribution for software -- the retailers only sell hardware and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Heck, retailers are making bank off of ipad sales. So even were the PSP2 all digital (which it isn't) what does it matter? The entire industry is moving towards digital distribution (see ME2 being released directly to PSN on release day) and it's not slowing down.[/QUOTE]
How do you know retailers are making bank off iPads? Apple sold them exclusively for a longgg time.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm still trying to wrap my head around.....as I read more I am not fully understanding our stance either. There is no way PSN or XBLA cards should be included. If anyone notices the competition selling these cards in NJ please let me know.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ebgames.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=790007&CCTest=1
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1272605&_requestid=151893

Try 07927 (middle of north New Jersey). Both sites show them in stock.

This is probably much more me being oblivious than it is an unclear opening post, but I'm wondering if the DC Universe deal for $45 is online-only or if it's in-store too?

Thanks.

[quote name='TheHiei']This is probably much more me being oblivious than it is an unclear opening post, but I'm wondering if the DC Universe deal for $45 is online-only or if it's in-store too?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I won't bitch because I could see how it could be unclear. It's in store too.

[quote name='FINALBOSS']That's my point.

Not everyone has to accept your beliefs on right and wrong; they have the right to disagree--so what's the point in arguing with everyone about their decisions when it comes to K-Mart when they are afforded the same?[/QUOTE]

the point he was trying to make was that while we all have different ethics, can we PLEASE agree not to talk about scamming kmart on this thread? that's the part people take issue to because it's manned by kmart people that are kick ass.

that is all.

[quote name='chriscolbert']This really started because as you know I inadvertently found out yesterday that ME2 would ring up $44.99 if a return was attempted if initially purchased as part of the B1G1 sale. When whoever it was posted that they didn't like how they had to manually adjust his transaction and that he wouldn't be able to price match it next week because of it, I felt compelled to remind him that it wouldn't have worked anyway. Yes I questioned his intent and said it was wrong because while they do have a price match policy, anyone with any level of education knows that package deals don't apply because you're already getting THAT deal. It's either/or and not both because let's face it, the only people that know about this week's deal also know about the one next week. So while some stores don't give a shit, it goes against the intent of the policy, which is to help the poor kid out that only bought ME2 for the PS3 on Saturday and then finds out it's $15 cheaper the very next day.[/QUOTE]

Please stop.... You may think you're right but your theory is flawed.

According to your "observation" when Kmart lowers the price of ME2 next week it should ring like this...

ME2 = $44.99 plus Dead space = $59.99 (B1G1 50%)

so in the computer if both games were discounted equally it'd be

ME2 = $44.99 - $15 = $29.99
DS2 = $59.99 - $15 = $44.99

SO YES... if you take that into account a PM defiantly is possible because you so intelligently felt compelled to point out that this week ME2 rang up at $44.99 as part of the B1G1 and next week it should ring up at $29.99.

To me, that = easy PM.

However this is Kmart and EVERYTHING is YMMV and I'm not going to sweat $15; especially when I knew this deal ahead of time.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just some random questions, Josh:

-Is there any chance in the future of a sale on Rock Band peripherals? The keyboard refuses to drop in price anywhere, and I can't bring myself to spend $70 on another plastic instrument.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's just say I'm not a big fan of EA no long distributing the peripherals of Rock Band and with Harmonix being purchased by an investment group it is definitely a different ball game right now. In short, I'm not sure when we'll see activity here.[/QUOTE]

I think I should add here that you aren't going to see a discount on the RB3 Keyboard because Kmart doesn't even carry it. This was info I got from SHC Stock Boy when I asked him if any stores around me had one. I was going to use my $80 in expiring coupons on it. I ended up getting it ar Fred Meyer for $54 - still way more than I wanted to pay, but not too bad.

They do, of course, have the $130 bundles with the game included and maybe those will go on sale/clearance at some point.

Also, to the person who was denied on getting a points card with the SMAS coupon, yeah, like Josh said that is definitely false info and it was pretty crappy of them not to even try scanning it - if it wouldn't work then it wouldn't work. I don't think they get to make up additional restrictions on top of what Josh has put in place.

FWIW, I ended up spending my $80 in coupons on a $50 PSN card, a $20 PSN card, and a $15 DS game: $5 out the door ;). The coupons were a red Wii coupon, a SMAS coupon, and I forget what the $10 was from - but none of them had any problems in combination with games and PSN cards. (Or maybe the $10 was from SMAS and the $20 from something else...)

[quote name='FINALBOSS']How do you know retailers are making bank off iPads? Apple sold them exclusively for a longgg time.[/QUOTE]

because when we got ours a few weeks ago at BB, there were a line of people buying them and an extra $100-200 in accessories. unless they lose money on every sale (hint: they don't) i guarantee BB is making tons of money. They aren't selling them because they like them... it's a business.

now, obviously, they aren't selling like hotcakes every second of every day, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that BB makes money off each sale, else they wouldn't carry it.

[quote name='affa']because when we got ours a few weeks ago at BB, there were a line of people buying them and an extra $100-200 in accessories. unless they lose money on every sale (hint: they don't) i guarantee BB is making tons of money. They aren't selling them because they like them... it's a business.

now, obviously, they aren't selling like hotcakes every second of every day, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that BB makes money off each sale, else they wouldn't carry it.[/QUOTE]

Hardware has almost no profit margin. BB is making money off the accessories, not the iPads themselves. The only reason they're sold in BB stores is because Apple wants to sell iPads while BB wants to sell accessories, so a deal is worked out between themselves.

[quote name='io']FWIW, I ended up spending my $80 in coupons on a $50 PSN card, a $20 PSN card, and a $15 DS game: $5 out the door ;). The coupons were a red Wii coupon, a SMAS coupon, and I forget what the $10 was from - but none of them had any problems in combination with games and PSN cards. (Or maybe the $10 was from SMAS and the $20 from something else...)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, SMAS was the $10 coupon. Only other coupons that would have been good then would have been something you bought during Black Friday or the same week as SMAS. I can't remember though what had $20 coupons that far back.

[quote name='Interfeci']Hardware has almost no profit margin. BB is making money off the accessories, not the iPads themselves. The only reason they're sold in BB stores is because Apple wants to sell iPads while BB wants to sell accessories, so a deal is worked out between themselves.[/QUOTE]
They don't make a lot of profit off the hardware, but they do make some profit (more than just a couple bucks). True, they make their biggest profits off accessories- which is one of the main reasons their accessories prices are almost always god awful- but if they aren't making profit off the hardware they aren't going to sell it.

i won't say i'm sorry because atlantis will tear me a new one ; ) , but i didn't see a clear explanation on the first 10 to 20 pages on how to redeem the two worlds 2 code that enables the $40 price. it was said it's an in store price and the code is cag exclusive, so do i just write it down/print it out and take it for the cashier to enter? any guidance is appreciated.

There is no code to get it for $40. It rings up that much. If you read the information about it, you'll see that the code mentioned is DLC for the game. Basic reading comprehension.

:360::ps3:1-30 Two Worlds II $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
  • CAG only special, will not be featured on the blog
  • Free DLC Weapon: "BattleHammer of Kroll"
    • 60 Bludgeoning Damage
    • 20% increased Strength
    • Since the code is not unique I'll just post it as it will be posted elsewhere within a day - 1775-3623-3298-1928 or 3654-0091-3399-0994
Again, it's A-L-T-A-N-I-S. I don't get why people add extra letters. I can somewhat see Atlanis (not really), since it's what you want to type. But my name isn't Atlantis. I didn't use the name of some fantasy land.

You're welcome. Trust me, it'll be easier to be schooled here than to go to the store with a code you don't need and confuse the hell out of everyone that works there, frustrating both you and the staff unnecessarily.

The easiest way to put it is that you just go get Two Worlds II and it'll ring up $40 magically. At least that's what the cashier will probably think.

yeah, that's what i was prepared to do, and what i hoped to avoid. thanks again for stating it simply and saving me the trouble. now i just hope they still have copies on sunday (i still don't understand how tru and bb haven't received their copies, but gamestop and target have).

[quote name='Altanis']They don't make a lot of profit off the hardware, but they do make some profit (more than just a couple bucks). True, they make their biggest profits off accessories- which is one of the main reasons their accessories prices are almost always god awful- but if they aren't making profit off the hardware they aren't going to sell it.[/QUOTE]

Never said they made nothing, I said it was minimal. From both BB and Staples SM mouths, i've been told that out of hardware sales they get like, $10-20 in profit for a lot of higher end products. They just hope to god that the accessory attachment rate is high enough to sell them, otherwise help wanted ads suddenly start appearing in the paper.

Main reason i'd imagine iPad profits are lower is due to the fact that Apple (or corporate, i'm not sure) not allowing employee discounts on it.

Anywho, I can't wait to see more on Two Worlds 2. It seems like it'd be an interesting time sink while waiting for Skyrim, but i'm not too sure if it's $40 interesting.

According to iSuppli, it looks like an iPad costs $250 or so to make. That's a lot of profit in Apple's hands. It also means that they can have a deal to sell it to every retailer at say $75 off or so, and they still make a healthy profit.

You turn that to Sony, who's notoriously known to sell consoles at a loss, and if they sell the NGP at $300 (low estimate), then it likely cost them anywhere from $350-400 (possibly more) to make.

This is where the original argument came from that if Kmart sold it, they wouldn't be the ones selling it at a loss, Sony would. If Sony slaps a $300 MSRP tag on the NGP, but it costs $400 to make, they're likely selling it to Kmart/other retailers at $275 or so. Meaning that Sony would be taking a $125 hit on the system, while Kmart would still be making $25.

That's what was being argued.

Question:

I know DS2 (PS3) comes with DS: Extraction; Is it confirmed that all DS2 (360) comse with the DLC for Dragon Age?

Thanks for the help

I'm surprised no one's said that the NGP's price would NOT be $599. That Shu Yoshida taking his own terrible meme and trying to make a funny. But even when they announce the cheaper price, you'll still see everyone whine about it.

I'm actually becoming more excited about it than the 3DS. 3G, cloud-based saves, two analog sticks and dual touch screens, two cameras, bluetooth, probably some kind of VOIP like skype. I do wonder how glossy it's going to be, though. It'll scratch like there's no tomorrow.

[quote name='shibaraski']just a quick question- so if i buy littlebigplaet 2, can i get 50% off on dead space 2 and still get 20 pns card??[/QUOTE]

Yes. And Saturday is the last day to do it. Once Sunday hits, it's done.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Let's just say I'm not a big fan of EA no long distributing the peripherals of Rock Band and with Harmonix being purchased by an investment group it is definitely a different ball game right now. In short, I'm not sure when we'll see activity here.[/QUOTE]
EA stopped distributing the RB peripherals altogether? Definitely didn't know that. Well shucks. Thanks anyways.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I will have Dragon Age Ultimate Edition discounted when DA2 is released :) [/QUOTE]
Nice. I'm guessing this is going to become a deal we see more often then, by the looks of it? Seems like a good way to clear out old inventory.

Regarding the NGP, all I can say is, if Sony is smart, they'll encourage companies to port PS3 games to the NGP and bundle that copy in for, say, an extra $20. People would go for that, I think. And if Uncharted really does go on it with PS3-like graphics, I think I may have no choice in the matter of buying it.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']You should definitely email the details when you get a chance. The store is definitely incorrect.[/QUOTE]
I'll try again tomorrow since I'll be out that way. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']EA stopped distributing the RB peripherals altogether? Definitely didn't know that. Well shucks. Thanks anyways.
[/QUOTE]

Well, also, if you haven't noticed there are almost no standalone guitars and drums available any more and Gamestop stopped carrying used ones. That was probably a big mistake as a year or so ago the things were a dime a dozen, but now they actually have some resale value. I had a GH III and GH Aerosmith bundle I bought for my new PS3 a few years back from, yep, Kmart clearance. It was my intention to move my music game playing from the 360 to the PS3 but I ended up sticking with the 360 (I had some DLC already and also the ability for multiple people to unlock achievements at the same time when playing local multiplayer unlike on the PS3).

So I ended up selling the two bundles before Christmas for $50 + shipped, which isn't too bad considering how much I paid for them. But now I'm on the flip (heh) side of that issue because one of my 360 guitars broke and I have to track one down for that system.

GS just played that all wrong, though. A few years ago they were swimming in the things and they gave almost nothing for them (yet still got plenty traded in). Then they got rid of all of them which at the time seemed smart. But now, frequently, when I'm in GS stores people will ask the clerks for used guitars and they have to turn them away. D'oh!

[quote name='io']
GS just played that all wrong, though. A few years ago they were swimming in the things and they gave almost nothing for them (yet still got plenty traded in). Then they got rid of all of them which at the time seemed smart. But now, frequently, when I'm in GS stores people will ask the clerks for used guitars and they have to turn them away. D'oh![/QUOTE]

It's too involved though- the clerks are required to test all hardware that's brought in to make sure it works before accepting it. They'd have to determine what system the guitar is for (which can be tricky), plug it in to a game that would recognize it, potentially re-sync the dongle, make sure the guitar has working batteries, and test that it's working.

On top of that, there are so many different makes and models that they'd have to store them as generic SKUs, and keep track of the guitar/dongle pairings. This might work fine until someone buys a used one that isn't compatible with their game, etc.

[quote name='GBAstar']Question:

I know DS2 (PS3) comes with DS: Extraction; Is it confirmed that all DS2 (360) comse with the DLC for Dragon Age?

Thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

All copies of Dead Space 2, purchased within the first batch window will be awarded a code for the Ser Issac suit for buying the game new. The 360/PC ones can be used on either platform(PS or 360) and is in the box, the PS3 version is exclusive to that platform and will be awarded at a later date.

[quote name='GBAstar']Please stop.... You may think you're right but your theory is flawed.

According to your "observation" when Kmart lowers the price of ME2 next week it should ring like this...

ME2 = $44.99 plus Dead space = $59.99 (B1G1 50%)

so in the computer if both games were discounted equally it'd be

ME2 = $44.99 - $15 = $29.99
DS2 = $59.99 - $15 = $44.99

SO YES... if you take that into account a PM defiantly is possible because you so intelligently felt compelled to point out that this week ME2 rang up at $44.99 as part of the B1G1 and next week it should ring up at $29.99.

To me, that = easy PM.

However this is Kmart and EVERYTHING is YMMV and I'm not going to sweat $15; especially when I knew this deal ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

Oh lord... I really had hoped this had died but I feel like I should clarify this one last time. Any other discussion please PM me so we don't clutter the thread with this.

The system generates the amount of the return based on the receipt, not the current week's stand-alone price. The only reason ME2 showed $44.99 was because she scanned my receipt. Had I only purchased ME2 then it would have showed it at $59.99. Those amounts won't change whether you take it in today or next week because it's locked on the receipt. So since a receipt would obviously be required for trying a price match, it's going to show as $44.99 because of the package discount and when ME2 is scanned by itself in the system next week to check the "current" price, it will be the same ($44.99) thus nullifying the price match.

Everything I have said in this post is fact and not opinion about how the system handles the prices based on my experience earlier this week. If anyone wants to discuss things further please PM me.

[quote name='io']Granted, I didn't read the whole thing (and am not going to since I live nowhere near NJ ;)) but is the law saying the state gets all the GC credit after 2 years? Or are they just claiming it for people to then, in turn, get it via filing a lost money claim. I know some states have web sites where you can enter your name/SS#/whatever and see if there are any bank funds and such that are under your name that you may have forgotten about. I figured it was something like this. If the state is keeping the money with no way for people to claim it, then, well, I agree that sucks and is a bad law.

Anyway, I apologize too for being off-topic... But the point remains that it is Kmarts choice to pull gift cards and not something mandated by the state.[/QUOTE]

This article says that it was part of a budget move by Christie, and that it could make the state money:
http://unclaimed-property.keaneco.com/nj-abandoned-property-gift-card-travelers-check
New Jersey state treasurer, Andrew P. Sidamon-Eristoff, has been hit with two law suits concerning a measure approved back in June of 2010 which was part of the budget recommended by Governor Christie. The budget called for changes to when a travelers check or gift card could be considered as abandoned, resulting in an estimated $80 million for the state. Gift cards alone are estimated to generate $33-55 million.

Of course, reading through the actual law it's really hard to come to this conclusion, because the laws are written in such a confusing manner. Which is probably why Kmart just took a blanket stance on this. But again, no way is NJ going to make Kmart track unused PSN and Live points, and even if they did, what are they going to do with them in two years, buy some XBLA games for the state?

So if I sign up for the Kmart rewards program now, how long will it take to get the card? I'm a little concerned with the people who signed up when Black Ops came out and are just getting their card... was that just a Xmas-traffic-related delay, or is that always the case?

[quote name='shibaraski']just a quick question- so if i buy littlebigplaet 2, can i get 50% off on dead space 2 and still get 20 pns card??[/QUOTE]

Actually no, Unless they changed it in the computer. I had a customer who tried it, and the computer was not making the PSN card free on top of the BOGO. But I'm sure if you don't be a dick about it and ask, someone in the store would honor both deals.

[quote name='Robotuner']Actually no, Unless they changed it in the computer. I had a customer who tried it, and the computer was not making the PSN card free on top of the BOGO. But I'm sure if you don't be a dick about it and ask, someone in the store would honor both deals.[/QUOTE]

It should work since a lot of people in this thread (including myself) have reported success since that is how the deal is supposed to work. Could just be that the register has managed to go all this time without being rebooted.

[quote name='fujishig']So if I sign up for the Kmart rewards program now, how long will it take to get the card? I'm a little concerned with the people who signed up when Black Ops came out and are just getting their card... was that just a Xmas-traffic-related delay, or is that always the case?[/QUOTE]

You can sign up in-store and get a physical card on the spot. That's how I got mine. I'd recommend doing it this way, so you don't have to worry about how long shipping might take.

[quote name='abilyk']You can sign up in-store and get a physical card on the spot. That's how I got mine. I'd recommend doing it this way, so you don't have to worry about how long shipping might take.[/QUOTE]
The website (I believe) said you can give your phone number at the time of transaction and your rewards card should be credited as if it were swiped manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back