Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
might want to get in on the God of War deal. does kmart.com or mygofer.com also have these deals or is it just in store? this would help for future notice too since some games especially older ones are likely to be oos in store.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']might want to get in on the God of War deal. does kmart.com or mygofer.com also have these deals or is it just in store? this would help for future notice too since some games especially older ones are likely to be oos in store.[/QUOTE]

The deal is showing up on their website, but the system is bugged and will not let you order, despite the initial page saying it is in stock. I hope there is a way to receive a rain check or something similar.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have not been quiet, at all, concerning the customer service issues, to any support group or management. Recently there has been definite traction with this more so in the past.[/QUOTE]

Really? Yet most stores still stay the same. Ok didn't know you spoke up about it. Sorry about that

[quote name='tecwrtr']Josh, I finally tracked down a copy of Two Worlds 2. How do I get a copy of the code you mentioned?

TIA![/QUOTE]
You read the OP where the codes are listed?

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it. Is there a way to check whether Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 are available at a specific location? My mother is having a hard time finding these in stock in the Philly area. Thanks

[quote name='tecwrtr']Josh, I finally tracked down a copy of Two Worlds 2. How do I get a copy of the code you mentioned?

TIA![/QUOTE]

good lord.

Is this 59.99 & 50% off something recent or has this been going on for a while? The best deals always happen whenever I have no money and don't want any games.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Is this 59.99 & 50% off something recent or has this been going on for a while? The best deals always happen whenever I have no money and don't want any games.[/QUOTE]
Is reading the OP really that hard to do?

The dates of the BOGO 50% off deal are in the OP. It says exactly when the deal started and when it is ending.

[quote name='Altanis']Is reading the OP really that hard to do?

The dates of the BOGO 50% off deal are in the OP. It says exactly when the deal started and when it is ending.[/QUOTE]

I meant like have they been frequent before this, like in november and december. Well that's a bad time because there are always holiday sales. I haven't been in the kmart loop too long.

It depends. There have been deals like Buy X game, get Y game for $20, and similar. There aren't normally just straight up Buy X game, get 50% off any game deals. Josh has said that getting those types of deals approved is problematic, as Sears Holding Co doesn't like to approve category-wide BOGO deals.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']I meant like have they been frequent like in november and december. Well that's a bad time because there are always holiday sales.[/QUOTE]
Are you contemplating the prospect of participating in these deals?

It's like, I want to know, but not really.

Why is it that when I went to kmart today and tried to buy ME2 and LBP2, both rang up as msrp? The clerk wasn't aware of any deals, bogo or otherwise; why?

There could be 100 different reasons why it doesn't ring up. Without having been there no one can tell you exactly why something didn't go exactly how it should.

It could be that register could need to be rebooted.
It could be that the order of things ringing up wouldn't apply the promotion.
It could be that the cashier didn't hit total and you prematurely freaked out about something ringing up incorrectly.
It could be that the cashier was left-handed.
It could be because the Kmart was painted the wrong color.
It could be that the chi in the universe was screwed up at the moment you went to checkout, and thus, your items rang up incorrectly.

I could go on, but I'm not feeling creative.

[quote name='teddybass']For those playing Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, is the update already out to patch the save game bug that can mess up your console?[/QUOTE]

Nope, it isn't out yet.

[quote name='sadboy']Are you contemplating the prospect of participating in these deals?

It's like, I want to know, but not really.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I definitely will participate when I have the cash. This guy is really trying to make great offers on games and I am poor and need to support anyone saving my wallet.

[quote name='AngelMayLaugh']Yes. I definitely will participate when I have the cash. This guy is really trying to make great offers on games and I am poor and need to support anyone saving my wallet.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, well, then there will be comparable deals in the future. It might not be BOGO, though.

[quote name='iTz Spooky']Does amazon ever price match Kmart? Really hope they price match ME2 (PS3). I have a $20 AGC waiting![/QUOTE]
They have before, but don't count on it.

[quote name='Altanis']You read the OP where the codes are listed?[/QUOTE]

Those codes are weird. Too long to be a PS3 code, too short to be a 360 code. Unless they are a code for something else?

[quote name='mitnosi']Those codes are weird. Too long to be a PS3 code, too short to be a 360 code. Unless they are a code for something else?[/QUOTE]
You enter them in the game. Just like has been posted multiple times, including twice in the last 24 hours.

[quote name='Altanis']You enter them in the game. Just like has been posted multiple times, including twice in the last 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, had looked through several pages and didn't see it. Thanks.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm still a bit fuzzy on the Signature editions with the whole date cut off deal EA had in there for pre orders. I'll definitely try and get more info for ya.[/QUOTE]

Would love to hear about this as well, would rather buy mine at Kmart, should have points from bulletstorm to use as well as not having to go to gamestop.

I was planning on going to k-mart to get Mass Effect 2 today. I just checked amazon, and a seller had a new and sealed copy for $43.57 shipped. I ended up also having a $10 gaming credit in my account. I bought Mass Effect 2 and Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition, for a grand total of $73.56. No complaints here.

I'm heading to Kmart today, and I want to be 100% sure about this. If I buy Mass Effect 2 on sale for $45, I can still get a 2nd $59.99 game for 50% off?

I know that it essentially says that in the OP, but I want to have all my ducks in a row before I head to the store. It sounds too good to be true.

Even if I can't think of another $59.99 game to get (since I already got Dead Space 2), I can grab a 2nd copy and trade it to Amazon for $40. :)

[quote name='FINALBOSS']I can't think of any--thankfully this dude has nothing to do with retail store development.[/QUOTE]

Don't be retarded.

At the closest Kmart to me, you step inside the front door, face left, and you are at the customer service desk (with at least 4-5 people in line with returns/issues). Not a good thing to see. Go to Walmart, Best Buy, Meijer, Toys R Us... their Customer Service Dept is not in your face as you walk in. TRU you have to go around the store a ways. Meijer and Walmart it's out of the way, too. Shit, even the Target's I've been to have their's a out of the way of the entry (not too far, but still 60ft. Maybe you should actually try to think before making your next comment, or is that too much to ask? Maybe you like having a line full of people making returns in your way as you walk into a store? :roll:

[quote name='transamdude95']Don't be retarded.

At the closest Kmart to me, you step inside the front door, face left, and you are at the customer service desk (with at least 4-5 people in line with returns/issues). Not a good thing to see. Go to Walmart, Best Buy, Meijer, Toys R Us... their Customer Service Dept is not in your face as you walk in. TRU you have to go around the store a ways. Meijer and Walmart it's out of the way, too. Shit, even the Target's I've been to have their's a out of the way of the entry (not too far, but still 60ft. Maybe you should actually try to think before making your next comment, or is that too much to ask? Maybe you like having a line full of people making returns in your way as you walk into a store? :roll:[/QUOTE]

uhhh, maybe you should try visiting a few more walmarts and toysruses and targets. Way to generalize about all stores based on the... what? 5 you've been to?

Kmart doesn't do their store layout that much different than anyone else. The retail game is the same all over.

Do you also complain that the milk is in the back of the grocery store and not in the front? Shopping is a science and people smarter than you have already figured out where everything goes.

[quote name='confoosious']
Do you also complain that the milk is in the back of the grocery store and not in the front? Shopping is a science and people smarter than you have already figured out where everything goes.[/QUOTE]
Well put. This is still my favorite thread due to the fact that we have a lot of cheap asses that think they know more about retail than the people who have studied it and broken down every major and minor facet of the industry. I love how people think a corp buyer has control over thousands of employees (HR) and other issues that have nothing to do with buying product. Still love the thread and the hard work that Josh has put into it.

[quote name='confoosious']uhhh, maybe you should try visiting a few more walmarts and toysruses and targets. Way to generalize about all stores based on the... what? 5 you've been to?

Kmart doesn't do their store layout that much different than anyone else. The retail game is the same all over.

Do you also complain that the milk is in the back of the grocery store and not in the front? Shopping is a science and people smarter than you have already figured out where everything goes.[/QUOTE]

Next time you are at your TRU, take a picture of the Customer Service Dept when you walk in and post it up if you want. Same with Walmart, Meijer. I have never seen one of these stores where the line for Customer Service crosses in front of the entrance.

Okay i'm confused about the "CAG Special" on Two Worlds 2, are we just referring to the DLC codes??? I don't see Two Worlds 2 on the site at all so i'm assuming the sale is in store but not sure.

Apologies if this is being beat to death but can anyone clarify? Can I buy it online at that price? Any links?

[quote name='transamdude95']Next time you are at your TRU, take a picture of the Customer Service Dept when you walk in and post it up if you want. Same with Walmart, Meijer. I have never seen one of these stores where the line for Customer Service crosses in front of the entrance.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy, Walmart, K-Mart, Toysrus, Target etc in my location, all up front as soon as you walk in the door, no difference. He is right. I travel alot, my job requires it, and its pretty much standard in every location Ive visited.

[quote name='wrencrest']Well put. This is still my favorite thread due to the fact that we have a lot of cheap asses that think they know more about retail than the people who have studied it and broken down every major and minor facet of the industry. I love how people think a corp buyer has control over thousands of employees (HR) and other issues that have nothing to do with buying product. Still love the thread and the hard work that Josh has put into it.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Retail will change. But that'll be dictated by tons of research and maybe some happenstance. But it's not gonna be cause some dude walks into a store and says "you know what? they should put x over here and y over there."

[quote name='transamdude95']Next time you are at your TRU, take a picture of the Customer Service Dept when you walk in and post it up if you want. Same with Walmart, Meijer. I have never seen one of these stores where the line for Customer Service crosses in front of the entrance.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be missing a point here... you realize that the Customer Service area is usually at the front for one main purpose right? What's that obvious reason you ask? So that people aren't walking through the stores with merchandise that may or may not be the original item ( ie resealed videogames that have a blank disc) and oversized bags to stuff crap into. Security for the store is the #1 reason they are at the front of the store.

[quote name='ura']Why is it that when I went to kmart today and tried to buy ME2 and LBP2, both rang up as msrp? The clerk wasn't aware of any deals, bogo or otherwise; why?[/QUOTE]

Did you wait till the Clerk told you the total you had to pay, or did you stop him in the middle of the process? The discounts are applied at the end, so if you stopped him in the middle the discounts wouldn't show up yet.

[quote name='KTA']Okay i'm confused about the "CAG Special" on Two Worlds 2, are we just referring to the DLC codes??? I don't see Two Worlds 2 on the site at all so i'm assuming the sale is in store but not sure.

Apologies if this is being beat to death but can anyone clarify? Can I buy it online at that price? Any links?[/QUOTE]

360:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V001303000000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

PS3:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_018V002402264000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

The special is just that it's on sale for $39.99 this week in sores and online.

[quote name='peter17319']I'm heading to Kmart today, and I want to be 100% sure about this. If I buy Mass Effect 2 on sale for $45, I can still get a 2nd $59.99 game for 50% off?

I know that it essentially says that in the OP, but I want to have all my ducks in a row before I head to the store. It sounds too good to be true.

Even if I can't think of another $59.99 game to get (since I already got Dead Space 2), I can grab a 2nd copy and trade it to Amazon for $40. :)[/QUOTE]

I too have been wanting to make 100% sure this is true. I have a huge backlog though so don't particularly need Mass effect 2 but this would be a great deal that I would have hard time passing up. Plus I have $6.05 worth of points I can use. I don't know what $59.99 game I would get though since I have pretty much everything I want in games.

Wouldn't you be able to buy two copies of Two Worlds 2 for $60 with this special? I see the online price is $39.99 now but when checking out you don't get the B1G1 50% off deal.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I too have been wanting to make 100% sure this is true. I have a huge backlog though so don't particularly need Mass effect 2 but this would be a great deal that I would have hard time passing up. Plus I have $6.05 worth of points I can use. I don't know what $59.99 game I would get though since I have pretty much everything I want in games.[/QUOTE]

Yes, deal works. I bought ME2+ Dead Space 2 for 75 yesterday without a problem. i just let the cashier finish ringing everything up and give me a total. I didn't ask her if the games were on sale, just let her give you your total. Dont say anything, lol, I think some people are getting to anxious and asking the cashier about the deal, even though the computer will automatically apply the deal.

On the website kmartgamer.com, you can find the ME2 deal. On the front page it say Sony Life, and it lists all PS3 deals. Click on ME2 and it will show you it is 44.99 and also 50% off another 59.99 game

Edit: Dont click on ME2, instead click on read more under "It's a Sony Life"

[quote name='ps2emotions']I too have been wanting to make 100% sure this is true. I have a huge backlog though so don't particularly need Mass effect 2 but this would be a great deal that I would have hard time passing up. Plus I have $6.05 worth of points I can use. I don't know what $59.99 game I would get though since I have pretty much everything I want in games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't think of a $59.99 game either. But I look at it this way.... If I'm going to buy ME2 on sale anyway, I can always buy Dead Space 2 for 50% off and trade it to Amazon for $40. Easy profit!

The only catch though is will that 50% deal work during the ME2 sale.......

[quote name='jhuehne']Wouldn't you be able to buy two copies of Two Worlds 2 for $60 with this special? I see the online price is $39.99 now but when checking out you don't get the B1G1 50% off deal.[/QUOTE]

Two Worlds is not BOGO, only ME2.

[quote name='Dejitaru_Davis']What's gonna happen if I try to buy LittleBigPlanet2 with God of War 3? LBP2 is offering 50% off another $59.99 game. God of War is normally $59.99, but it's on sale for $39.98 with the God of War Collection. I'm gonna assume there's no stacking between the two deals, right?[/QUOTE]

Along the lines of this question, I picked up ME2 + the God of War games this morning and this is how they rang up:

Buy More and Save
71171982292 PS3 GOW COL BG 29.99
71171981112 GOD OF WAR I BG 59.99
Save 83.3% 49.98-

General Merchandise
01463319504 MASS EFFECT BG 44.99

My total (pre-tax) was $84.99. Mass Effect 2 did not trigger any additional discount on GOW III (per what Josh had been told). And to Josh, a huge thanks for some awesome deals!

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Hi! The deal should not stack systemically from what I've been told.[/QUOTE]

Josh, I went in to the Bloomington, Il store yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised, it looked like they had done a lot of reorganization in the electronics department, all of the deals were posted and tagged, an associate immediately came over and asked if I needed help with anything, this is a first at this store. They still didn't have any $20 psn cards (they haven't had any since before the BFBC2 deal) but they are definitely improving the department, just wanted to pass this along to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back