Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']Just remember it was made in poland probably with not much of a budget. And voice acting is really awful.

Glad it's $40. I wish titles like this that don't get 40 million dollars to be made and 5 million to get promoted could release at $30/$40 and have a better chance at succeeding.

Any opinions on why that is that nearly every console game sticks to the $60 standard? I just saw EA said NFS:HP and MoH sold 5+Million apeice and I have to wonder if it's due to those $35/$40 price points over the holiday cause MoH certainly wasn't treated well by reviewers.

I guess they figure if someone's going to buy it at launch they'll pay $60, if someone's going to pay $40 they'll pay that when it drops later.[/QUOTE]
It's the licensing fees to Sony and Microsoft in particular. They have to recoup costs constantly since the console business is based on low opening price points on the systems so they make it back up via software "tolls" from the publishers.

If the PC business wasn't so fractured the price compression on these titles would be $39.99 every day (many of which are) since there is no toll man.

[quote name='jer7583']Just remember it was made in poland probably with not much of a budget. And voice acting is really awful.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the voice acting is THAT bad. There are some wooden performances for sure but there are also some surprisingly decent ones. The main character is a bit dry but I don't mind him at all. Kind of reminds me of James McCaffrey from Max Payne and Alan Wake.

[quote name='medetron']don't go giving target any ideas now lol, but you know what they say when two companies fight the customers are the real winners :D.

hey josh i know the list for February and march aren't finalized just yet but can we expect a few more games then the once posted? theres a few decent games that i didn't see any mention about, just curious.[/QUOTE]
I'm always up for some healthy competition :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']It's the licensing fees to Sony and Microsoft in particular. They have to recoup costs constantly since the console business is based on low opening price points on the systems so they make it back up via software "tolls" from the publishers.

If the PC business wasn't so fractured the price compression on these titles would be $39.99 every day (many of which are) since there is no toll man.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of playing games on the PC but it's absolutely one of the positives there.

Microsoft has to be doing pretty darn well then with those absurd tie ratios they advertise and taking a nice "toll" from each of those sales.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm not a fan of playing games on the PC but it's absolutely one of the positives there.

Microsoft has to be doing pretty darn well then with those absurd tie ratios they advertise and taking a nice "toll" from each of those sales.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure they are but they are definitely losing potential business with the constant allocation issues on the HW these past few months.

Did the survey, and it asked for my info. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

and that new jersey no gift card sales without collecting data law (i am not in Jersey, but it is still in my head)...
can kmart sell gift cards to people who have SYWR cards? all the needed data is collected when the SYWR card is scanned.

I wasn't really sold on MvC3, but I might have to get it now that there is such a great deal with it. Rad (the Bionic commando) is in it! I think I am like the only person that actually likes Bionic Commando 2009 (it was my first 1000/1000). I am all about a team of Rad, Tron Bonne, and Veiwtiful Joe. I will get destroyed, but it will be worth it.

I have a question, do I just go to Kmart and buy Black Ops & the 1600 points card? It will ring up the deal right?

I hate having to make the cashier go to the website and verify it with the manager. It takes too much time.

Also, how does the price matching at Best Buy work? Can I just buy the game part of Kmart's deal and show them at Best Buy or something and they'll price match it? I have a gift card I want to use at Best Buy that's why.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Actually, is the Black Ops + 1600 points deal gone? It says 1-30 and it's February. I need to buy it! :)[/QUOTE]

deal starts on the 30th and will last until Saturday. yes just bring both items up to the cashier and have them ring it up. the price will reflect once the cashier hits the total button. as for your price matching question goes i would think all you would need is a flyer stating the advertise deal. might have a better response asking in the best buy forum instead of the kmart thread ;)...

[quote name='medetron']deal starts on the 30th and will last until Saturday. as for your price matching question goes i would think all you would need is a flyer stating the advertise deal. might have a better response asking in the best buy forum instead of the kmart thread ;)...[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks. I was afraid it ended. So the game and card will be rung up with the correct price right?

I'll ask in the Best Buy thread about my other question. If I can do a price match there to use my giftcard that would be so awesome. But I honestly don't care. I would prefer to buy it at Kmart though. They truly deserve every penny for all their awesome deals. But yeah, the Best Buy thing is a back up I suppose.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Now Atlantis[/QUOTE]
REALLY? We are still to the point of people not being able to spell my name? I promise it's not that hard. Although I do use this name only on a couple places. Pretty hard to screw it up though I thought.

[quote name='thanossurfer']Josh, on the other hand, simply stated facts in a professional manner. Follow his lead and remember this post. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
That's the big difference between Josh and I, isn't it? Josh has to be professional, as he is a paid KMart/Sears Co employee. I'm in no way affiliated with them, and thus, I don't have to be professional in any way. It's a great thing really.

Oh well, back on my ignore list you go.

[quote name='dennisb407']Are the days of gaming coupons gone?[/QUOTE]
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

I probably typed the B word there too much for the government's tastes. I'll probably be getting a visit soon from some men in suits about what I posted :lol:

Don't do it Altanis! Come back from the ledge!!

And Dennis, please read the OP. Coupons should be back for the 3DS launch.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Don't do it Altanis! Come back from the ledge!![/QUOTE]
There's no ledge to jump from :(. I live on the first floor of an apartment building. :D

[quote name='Altanis']REALLY? We are still to the point of people not being able to spell my name? I promise it's not that hard. Although I do use this name only on a couple places. Pretty hard to screw it up though I thought.

That's the big difference between Josh and I, isn't it? Josh has to be professional, as he is a paid KMart/Sears Co employee. I'm in no way affiliated with them, and thus, I don't have to be professional in any way. It's a great thing really.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

I probably typed the B word there too much for the government's tastes. I'll probably be getting a visit soon from some men in suits about what I posted :lol:[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I check this thread to get great Kmart deals (Thanks Josh, I appreciate it) and to see what you have to say Altanis :bouncy:

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Sweet! Thanks. I was afraid it ended. So the game and card will be rung up with the correct price right?

I'll ask in the Best Buy thread about my other question. If I can do a price match there to use my giftcard that would be so awesome. But I honestly don't care. I would prefer to buy it at Kmart though. They truly deserve every penny for all their awesome deals. But yeah, the Best Buy thing is a back up I suppose.[/QUOTE]

yup price will come up fine that is unless they haven't rebooted their systems in which case just shoot josh an email and he'll help you out. yea thats cool, some people have gift cards to burn and best buy sometimes will price match it. unless you get a douche manager Or sales person.

LMAO, i rather laugh then cry at this point... no coupons until the launch of the 3DS

My closest Kmart is 14 miles away, but it was well worth the trip for LBP2 and Two Worlds 2. Thank you for the awesome deals. Will be going to Kmart more often.

Also the employees were really helpful, they even told me about the blog.(already knew about it, but it's nice to see that they are informed about those things.):applause:

[quote name='medetron']yup price will come up fine that is unless they haven't rebooted their systems in which case just shoot josh an email and he'll help you out. yea thats cool, some people have gift cards to burn and best buy sometimes will price match it. unless you get a douche manager Or sales person.

LMAO, i rather laugh then cry at this point... no coupons until the launch of the 3DS[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :) I think I'm going to head to Kmart tonight instead of waiting for tomorrow. :) I just want to play!

KMART rocks!!!

I just got an email today from the SYWR program offering me 10x rewards points on my next purchase. I figured I could buy something like a PS2 and get a decent amount back on it.

Instead of the usual 10 points per dollar spent, I was being offered 100 points. So I'd have 10k points to spend, which I thought would equal out to at least $20-30 in rewards.

But after seeing the point to cash value ratio(1k points=$1:roll:) I guess I'll just wait for TRU or someplace to clearance them and hope I can find one for cheap there.

[quote name='Altanis']That's the big difference between Josh and I, isn't it? Josh has to be professional, as he is a paid KMart/Sears Co employee. I'm in no way affiliated with them, and thus, I don't have to be professional in any way. It's a great thing really.[/QUOTE]

BIG difference. Josh wants customers. You want to drive those customers away.

Why even say this? It's quite obvious you continue to read their posts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just got an email today from the SYWR program offering me 10x rewards points on my next purchase. I figured I could buy something like a PS2 and get a decent amount back on it.
[/QUOTE]

Double check that email and make sure it covers electronics. I got one of those emails a couple weeks back and electronics didn't count towards the bonus points.

[quote name='Altanis']That's the big difference between Josh and I, isn't it? Josh has to be professional, as he is a paid KMart/Sears Co employee. I'm in no way affiliated with them, and thus, I don't have to be professional in any way. It's a great thing really.[/QUOTE]

another big difference between you and josh is........we all care about what josh says....and no one gives a fuck what you say

you dont have to be professional.....you can be a little less of an ass tho

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just got an email today from the SYWR program offering me 10x rewards points on my next purchase. I figured I could buy something like a PS2 and get a decent amount back on it.

Instead of the usual 10 points per dollar spent, I was being offered 100 points. So I'd have 10k points to spend, which I thought would equal out to at least $20-30 in rewards.

But after seeing the point to cash value ratio(1k points=$1:roll:) I guess I'll just wait for TRU or someplace to clearance them and hope I can find one for cheap there.[/QUOTE]

And this story was useful at all to anyone because..... ?

Does anybody know if Best Buy will price match the DC Universe Online? because I have 20$ in reward zone stuff to spend

[quote name='sag375']Does anybody know if Best Buy will price match the DC Universe Online? because I have 20$ in reward zone stuff to spend[/QUOTE]
Best Buy only matches stuff that's in the print ad, so no.

[quote name='confoosious']And this story was useful at all to anyone because..... ?[/QUOTE]
It's about as useful as everyone thinking them attacking me is useful at all. Not sure how long it's gonna take everyone to comprehend that I really don't care what they think of me. If I did, I'd have a surgery done to get my spine removed ;).

SYWR is a base 1% back program (Spend $100 get $1 in rewards, base amount).
Best Buy's program is spend $250 to get $5 (Spend $50 to get $1 in rewards, base amount). That's only double the base that SYWR offers.
Compare that Sears Co regularly has 2x-10x points on certain stuff (and some weeks are just basic "10x rewards on everything" week). Best Buy offers a $5 GC if you buy $150 worth of games.
SYWR ranges from $1 earned per $10 spent to $1 earned per $100 spent. All Best Buy counters with is $1 earned per $30 spent (and you can't redeem in $1 intervals, like you can at Kmart).

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Honestly, I check this thread to get great Kmart deals (Thanks Josh, I appreciate it) and to see what you have to say Altanis :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

[quote name='Altanis']Best Buy only matches stuff that's in the print ad, so no.[/QUOTE]

That really upsets me because my local KMart is all out!

[quote name='confoosious']And this story was useful at all to anyone because..... ?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you aren't his wife? Because that is something my wife would say to me!! :whistle2:#

[quote name='wrencrest']Are you sure you aren't his wife? Because that is something my wife would say to me!! :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you married a winner...

Unless she's joking of course.

[quote name='Phenomic']Sounds like you married a winner...

Unless she's joking of course.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry kid, if you ever get married you will understand.

[quote name='Altanis']
SYWR is a base 1% back program (Spend $100 get $1 in rewards, base amount).
Best Buy's program is spend $250 to get $5 (Spend $50 to get $1 in rewards, base amount). That's only double the base that SYWR offers.
Compare that Sears Co regularly has 2x-10x points on certain stuff (and some weeks are just basic "10x rewards on everything" week). Best Buy offers a $5 GC if you buy $150 worth of games.
SYWR ranges from $1 earned per $10 spent to $1 earned per $100 spent. All Best Buy counters with is $1 earned per $30 spent (and you can't redeem in $1 intervals, like you can at Kmart).[/QUOTE]

As good as SYWR is, if I spent as much at best buy as i do at kmart I would be getting loads more reward zone.

I do like how SYWR is available almost immediately. Reward Zone takes like a month to appear on your account. Their program in general is a little better but you can't get points at best buy for buying laundry detergent, toothpaste, and shampoo though.

[quote name='spiderman8576']is yakuza 4 popular enough to get an offer / deal ????? lol would be great (for me at least ;p)[/QUOTE]

with the way they handled the cut materials from the Japanese version 2-3 weeks prior to the us release don't count on it lol. but then again yakuza 4 has zombies!! and zombies are sooo in this season :roll:

if anyone is looking for Two Worlds II send me a PM. I can pick up a copy either Wednesday or Saturday. I'll charge $47 maybe less ($46.xx) depending on shipping.

Has anyone gotten in on the GOW deal? Other games have signage that they are on sale but nothing for GOW (maybe since you have to buy both games?). Maybe I should print out the page and bring it with me.

[quote name='jer7583']As good as SYWR is, if I spent as much at best buy as i do at kmart I would be getting loads more reward zone.

I do like how SYWR is available almost immediately. Reward Zone takes like a month to appear on your account. Their program in general is a little better but you can't get points at best buy for buying laundry detergent, toothpaste, and shampoo though.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know, I was just comparing the two programs. It's really comparing Apples and Oranges though, since BB is just selling electronics, whereas Kmart pretty much sells everything.

And same here on the waiting thing. Stuff I purchased on I believe New Years Day is still pending on my BB RZ account. Something I bought January 21 at 11am was ready to be used on my account at 11:01am.

[quote name='medetron']with the way they handled the cut materials from the Japanese version 2-3 weeks prior to the us release don't count on it lol. but then again yakuza 4 has zombies!! and zombies are sooo in this season :roll:[/QUOTE]

That's Yakuza 5, dumbass (actually, it's a spin off, but regardless).

Anyways, I'd be surprised if K-Mart even carried Yakuza 4.

Wow! First off, this thread or maybe the whole forum (not sure yet as I haven't gone through other topics and what not yet) have a lot of @$$e$ around. It's sometimes to long to go through EVERY post on EVERY page in a topic that has over 100+ pages for a quick question/answer. Heck most of the stuff that get's replied back from people being an @$$ could probably cut down on the useless post's which add to more pages if they either 1- Answer the question whether it's back 20-30 or even 1-5 pages or 2- Don't post anything at all and just let someone else answer their question....

So people say this is a "Kmart" thread. Well maybe they or someone should go and tell the Kmart employee's how deals are supposed to work, or better yet, actually have someone that is familiar with the deals or the products in their dept and of course BEING IN THEIR DEPT so that way we don't have to go and look for someone that has absolutely no clue and just goes by what the cpu might say...

The reason I say that is because the BOGO WITHOUT ME2 or LBP2 worked yet again at a different Kmart. I just happened to be in the area where the other Kmart is at (I think there's 3 around me) and it did the same thing where it rang up the games being BOGO 1/2 off, but it wouldn't discount them. Luckily I didn't have to go through the long process of them trying to guess or figure out why it wasn't applying the discount. They just went and did an override on the 2nd game and knocked it down to $29.99!!!

Now the absolute GREAT part that I noticed, but won't be able to try till tomorrow because I don't need to go to the city again till then, is because the system didn't do the BOGO 1/2 off itself is that I should be able to take back the game that was full price (Dead Space 2 since I already was able to get that for $30 yesterday) and STILL KEEP Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for the $30 sale price since it was an override. Kind of like a price match!!! If true then there's another Kmart that could be tried for a 3rd game at half off with the other one at full price being able to be took back for a full $60 refund with no problems as long as it's not opened...

Usually if there's a BOGO 1/2 off deal and you take back the copy that was the full price (and both games were $59.99) and your not returning the other game that you got for the 1/2 off, then they'll only refund you the cheapest amount which would be the amount you paid for the 1/2 off one, because technically you would have paid $59.99 for both games if there wasn't a sale. So if the systems were corrected with the full description and or the employee's knew what it was or how it worked and you got either ME2 or LBP2 and then another game for 1/2 off, the system would do the adjustment correctly and if you went back to return ME2/LBP2 and they went to scan it and all to return it, then it would just give you the amount that you paid for the 1/2 off game... Because it was overridden then they don't know why and if there's any questions, I/you can just say it was due to a price match from another store....

I shall update tomorrow on what happens....

[quote name='xZOMBIEx']Wow! First off, this thread or maybe the whole forum (not sure yet as I haven't gone through other topics and what not yet) have a lot of @$$e$ around. It's sometimes to long to go through EVERY post on EVERY page in a topic that has over 100+ pages for a quick question/answer. Heck most of the stuff that get's replied back from people being an @$$ could probably cut down on the useless post's which add to more pages if they either 1- Answer the question whether it's back 20-30 or even 1-5 pages or 2- Don't post anything at all and just let someone else answer their question....

So people say this is a "Kmart" thread. Well maybe they or someone should go and tell the Kmart employee's how deals are supposed to work, or better yet, actually have someone that is familiar with the deals or the products in their dept and of course BEING IN THEIR DEPT so that way we don't have to go and look for someone that has absolutely no clue and just goes by what the cpu might say...

The reason I say that is because the BOGO WITHOUT ME2 or LBP2 worked yet again at a different Kmart. I just happened to be in the area where the other Kmart is at (I think there's 3 around me) and it did the same thing where it rang up the games being BOGO 1/2 off, but it wouldn't discount them. Luckily I didn't have to go through the long process of them trying to guess or figure out why it wasn't applying the discount. They just went and did an override on the 2nd game and knocked it down to $29.99!!!

Now the absolute GREAT part that I noticed, but won't be able to try till tomorrow because I don't need to go to the city again till then, is because the system didn't do the BOGO 1/2 off itself is that I should be able to take back the game that was full price (Dead Space 2 since I already was able to get that for $30 yesterday) and STILL KEEP Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for the $30 sale price since it was an override. Kind of like a price match!!! If true then there's another Kmart that could be tried for a 3rd game at half off with the other one at full price being able to be took back for a full $60 refund with no problems as long as it's not opened...

Usually if there's a BOGO 1/2 off deal and you take back the copy that was the full price (and both games were $59.99) and your not returning the other game that you got for the 1/2 off, then they'll only refund you the cheapest amount which would be the amount you paid for the 1/2 off one, because technically you would have paid $59.99 for both games if there wasn't a sale. So if the systems were corrected with the full description and or the employee's knew what it was or how it worked and you got either ME2 or LBP2 and then another game for 1/2 off, the system would do the adjustment correctly and if you went back to return ME2/LBP2 and they went to scan it and all to return it, then it would just give you the amount that you paid for the 1/2 off game... Because it was overridden then they don't know why and if there's any questions, I/you can just say it was due to a price match from another store....

I shall update tomorrow on what happens....[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you are posting about scamming Kmart in a thread with multiple Kmart reps.

That's a real dick move.

[quote name='xZOMBIEx']tl;dr You guys are jerks, but I scammed the company yet again by taking advantage of unknowledgable associates.[/QUOTE]

Good job. Why are any of us the asses?

You should get banned from the site if you openly talk about intentionally scamming a company, especially one that has a personal relationship with CAG.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You should get banned from the site if you openly talk about intentionally scamming a company, especially one that has a personal relationship with CAG.[/QUOTE]

not like this guy even cares he just signed up and has 2 posts.....

[quote name='aleraiders']not like this guy even cares he just signed up and has 2 posts.....[/QUOTE]

It's not like he's gonna stop trying to scam if he gets banned but at least he's off the site.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It's not like he's gonna stop trying to scam if he gets banned but at least he's off the site.[/QUOTE]

true...anyways....does anyone know if kmart will have killzone 3 CE??????

[quote name='medetron']

LMAO, i rather laugh then cry at this point... no coupons until the launch of the 3DS[/QUOTE]

You'll be ok :roll:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's Yakuza 5, dumbass (actually, it's a spin off, but regardless).

Anyways, I'd be surprised if K-Mart even carried Yakuza 4.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, someones a sega fan boy huh? 4, 5 who cares yakuza died for ME after the 3rd release... and its actually a spin off which technically doesn't make it yakuza 5

[quote name='medetron']Jesus, someones a sega fan boy huh? 4, 5 who cares yakuza died for ME after the 3rd release... and its actually a spin off which technically doesn't make it yakuza 5[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I called you a dumbass. I'm wearing a Sega shirt right now. And I said it was a spin off in the same post that you quoted. Read before you reply.

I'm pretty interested in the god of war collection and god of war 3 for 39.99 how do these deals work ? Does kmart do free shipping and is this deal available in store ? And this bundle seems out of stock when will they get more ?

Quick Question, I told my roommate about the BOGO and he got Dead Space 2 and some other game (cant remember) and he wants to return the other one (its unopened) anybody know if you can return one of the games if you did a BOGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back