Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, do you have any deal plans for what I'm calling Trilogy Collections Day (3/22), the day when the Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, and Prince of Persia collections all release?[/QUOTE]
Definitely; I'm working on a Square/Ubi crossover deal.

[quote name='Beatofficer']That got me to thinking of what I've done in the last year at Kmart after not going into a store in several years:

In no real order: Borderlands GOTY
Vanquish
Heavy Rain
Castlevania: LoS
Dante's Inferno
Dead Space 2
Enslaved
Gran Turismo 5
Mass Effect 2
NBA Jam
Nier
Sly Collection
Two Worlds 2
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate edition
And Last, but not least, I THINK, MLB10 The Show.

Also while in there, bought some non-gaming stuff like cleaner, drinks, groceries, etc.

Future Plans:
MvC2
Bulletstorm
MLB11 The Show
I preordered DA2 on Amazon 'cause I wasn't sure if Kmart was going to get signature editions.
Skyrim
Uncharted 3
I'm sure there will be more as the deals come since some deals are too good to pass up.

Thanks Josh, Kmart is one of two places I will buy video games at now. It helps that my Kmart is pretty good and has good employees.[/QUOTE]

I emailed Stock Boy and he said that Kmart was supposed to have the signature edition as their first run, said they were treating it like bulletstorm, I do hope this is the case because if so I'll be getting mine at kmart instead of lamestop.

Yes. Account number shows on top. I got the base points plus there is a 5x multiplier for purchases over 50. Thats all on the receipt. Just not the 10000 extra

About to go pick up TDU2. I'll confirm if there's any problems getting the SYWR points.

One question for Josh: Is it safe to assume that Dead Space 2 will get a straight discount from you within the not-too-distant future? I still need to pick that up.

[quote name='joshdts']I just bought the super mario sports mix and only got 500 points. Has anyone received the full 15000?[/QUOTE]
The offer does not activate until tomorrow (per OP) due to the timing of the Nintendo shipments. Shoot me an email with your receipt # and I'll help out.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']About to go pick up TDU2. I'll confirm if there's any problems getting the SYWR points.

One question for Josh: Is it safe to assume that Dead Space 2 will get a straight discount from you within the not-too-distant future? I still need to pick that up.[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to hit $44.99 within the next week or so.

For the SYWR bonuses, here is the note I received from the SYWR team about ten minutes ago:

"as of Feb 6th, to earn bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive Bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email."

First time this has been communicated to me, will update OP.

Josh any chance you can do something for my friends in Texas who can't access alot of these (the good ones being B&M) deals? Getting the games on release day would be an important thing to at least one of them. Amazon offers release day shipping for $.99, would you be able to do something like that?

[quote name='aznhero913']Josh any chance you can do something for my friends in Texas who can't access alot of these (the good ones being B&M) deals? Getting the games on release day would be an important thing to at least one of them. Amazon offers release day shipping for $.99, would you be able to do something like that?[/QUOTE]
We actually do have 99 cent shipping, and if pre ordered it should arrive on release date though this isn't guaranteed like Amazon.com.

The customer survey in the OP is actually to create Kmartgamer.com as a stand alone site and offer things that have never really been done before. Hope to have more updates throughout the year.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm trying to hit $44.99 within the next week or so.

For the SYWR bonuses, here is the note I received from the SYWR team about ten minutes ago:

"as of Feb 6th, to earn bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive Bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email."

First time this has been communicated to me, will update OP.[/QUOTE]
In either late 2.0 or early 3.0 there was a couple of times this was pointed out, it happened when people started having trouble with their points around the time Black Ops and other SYWR rewards got put out. It may not have been enforced but it was definitely part of the verbiage. I thought it was in effect already to be honest.

Josh,
Do you have any idea when Deus Ex is supposed to be out? Square Enix quietly sent out a press release a couple of months back saying the game was delayed out of fiscal 2010, but both Gamestop and Amazon still have it listed for March 8. Thanks in advance.

This is probably going to get ugly. There were a couple of people throwing hissy fits a while back about having to give personal info to K-Mart and they will have a field day with this.

Apparently these people are unaware that anyone, at any time, can create a bogus email address for things just like this. Sometimes you have to play the game to get the prize.

Hopefully they've grown up since then.

I haven't seen it mentioned, so I thought I'd point this out which I saw at my kmart today:

:360: Rock Band 3 game/keyboard bundle $109.99
:wii: Rock Band 3 game/keyboard bundle $99.99

The sign said the sale was valid 2/6 - 3/5

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']WHAT!!!! Oh I hope you email me.[/QUOTE]

Just sent you one. Wish I would have had the chance to stay and wait for you to call and harass them on my behalf, but had to get the kids off the bus. You did that for me once before and it was classic! I didnt have an hour to wait this time though. How do you know when you're a true cheapass? When you wait in-store for an hour looking like a fool for a deal! Damn it was nice to have that crab apologize though...

[quote name='confoosious']If you seriously can't figure out how to create a new email address to use for this type of stuff, you don't deserve to get deals.[/QUOTE]

I thought most people kept a yahoo.com email to get spammed at?

It's all that site is good for. I've had a yahoo account since like 1996 and it gets like 500 spam emails a week. It was getting them before i even started using it for that. Yahoo is the butt end of the internet.

[quote name='confoosious']If you seriously can't figure out how to create a new email address to use for this type of stuff, you don't deserve to get deals.[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't send out a whole lot of emails anyway. It's usually 1 every other day for me.

[quote name='tylerp76']Yes. Account number shows on top. I got the base points plus there is a 5x multiplier for purchases over 50. Thats all on the receipt. Just not the 10000 extra[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I knew about the 5x points (as well as a 5,000 point bonus for buying a Nivea product, apparently) but didn't know if they stacked or not.

I think I have to buy Mario Sports Mix now. It'd be $50 + filler + tax, so like $54, and you would get back like $18 in points.

Pretty cool.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer'] as of Feb 6th, to earn bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in. [/QUOTE]

Sorry for the stupid question but what does opted in mean?

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Sorry for the stupid question but what does opted in mean?[/QUOTE]
It means that you can't just have an email on your SYWR account's profile, you also have to be subscribed to their mailing list to get their emails.

I'll be honest, I like the emails they send out. 90% of the time they let me know of a sale going on (such as bonus points, etc) and it's relevant.

I can confirm I didn't get the 10,000 SYWR points for buying Test Drive Unlimited 2. I'll send off an email with the details shortly, Josh.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']For the SYWR bonuses, here is the note I received from the SYWR team about ten minutes ago:

I am opted in to receive emails from Sears and Kmart, and my email is valid and verified (I get email offers from both Sears and Kmart regularly.) I don't think that's the issue for me, but anything is possible.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']The offer does not activate until tomorrow (per OP) due to the timing of the Nintendo shipments. Shoot me an email with your receipt # and I'll help out.[/QUOTE]

Josh,

I'm in the same boat. I picked up to copies today and just got the 500 base points x2 instead of the 15,000 bonus points x2.

I did read the OP but I was under the impression that was because stores weren't going to get their shipment until today so the items wouldn't be on the floor until tomorrow. My store had them tonight so I picked up two copies.

Should I just return rebuy tomorrow and see if that fixes it and if not then shoot you an e-mail?

[quote name='Altanis']Interesting. I knew about the 5x points (as well as a 5,000 point bonus for buying a Nivea product, apparently) but didn't know if they stacked or not.

I think I have to buy Mario Sports Mix now. It'd be $50 + filler + tax, so like $54, and you would get back like $18 in points.

Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain the math on this one to me?

Is it this...

If you get a 5x multiplier on base points over $50 and you picked up MSM at $49.99 plus a cheap filler you would get the 15000 promo points plus 2500 base points for roughly $17.50?

just trying to follow along

thanks

[quote name='Altanis']It means that you cant just have an email on your SYWR accounts profile, you also have to be subscribed to their mailing list to get their emails.

[/QUOTE]

How do I subscrbe to the newslatter? I ahve been a SYWR for a year now or so. I dont recall ever getting emails from kmart except for receipts.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']How do I subscrbe to the newslatter? I ahve been a SYWR for a year now or so. I dont recall ever getting emails from kmart except for receipts.[/QUOTE]

Go to kmart.com, select Shop Your Way Rewards, log in, click "Update your personal information", scroll down to "Contact Preferences" and you can check off who you want to receive offers from.

[quote name='Killbomb']Go to kmart.com, select Shop Your Way Rewards, log in, click "Update your personal information", scroll down to "Contact Preferences" and you can check off who you want to receive offers from.[/QUOTE]

Who should I receive coffers from? Will Just Kmart suffice? I want to make sure I do this right. I am freaking out that I won't get the SYWR promotion for MvC3 on Tuesday.

This was actually already in the T&C for SYWR. If people would read what they're signing up for they'd already know. Of course I don't actually expect that (I dont normally read all that crap) but the point remains.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This was actually already in the T&C for SYWR. If people would read what they're signing up for they'd already know. Of course I don't actually expect that (I dont normally read all that crap) but the point remains.[/QUOTE]
Not just in the terms of the SYWR program, it's in every email I have gotten from Kmart (that I haven't cleaned from my Gmail trash, anyway). They all have some line saying to get the rewards you have to be signed up, blah blah blah.

Silly me, I should have checked the actual fliers. I thought you'd get the PC version of TDU2 when you buy the Xbox 360 version of TDU2 (sub PSP/PS3, if that's your platform). It turns out the bonus freebie game is the original TDU.

This is kind of silly considering the original island is included as part of TDU2. I don't know if the MMO elements are in place for the PSP version, but with the online community being such a major feature for this game, I question whether that's still in place to make going back to the first version appealing on that front.

Not quite the two-fer I was hoping for. Still, it seems all stores get some kind of free car (Kmart included), and a bonus copy of TDU1 in addition to that is more than you'd get anywhere else. Gift horses, mouths, etc.

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Who should I receive coffers from? Will Just Kmart suffice? I want to make sure I do this right. I am freaking out that I won't get the SYWR promotion for MvC3 on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I just had Sears on mine but I added Kmart today to be safe. I was getting emails from Kmart anyway though. Hopefully Josh will chime in if we need to do anything else.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This was actually already in the T&C for SYWR. If people would read what they're signing up for they'd already know. Of course I don't actually expect that (I dont normally read all that crap) but the point remains.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing, though. I can only speak for myself and not for the other person who didn't get points, but I am opted in and have a valid email and all that goodness.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']How do I subscrbe to the newslatter? I ahve been a SYWR for a year now or so. I dont recall ever getting emails from kmart except for receipts.[/QUOTE]

actually i just tried to check that myself, go to the sears rewards site and then click on update your personal information, from there scroll down to where it says contact preference and select kmart,sears and whatever else you want. I THINK thats how you do it, could be wrong so josh can you elaborate on this please?

So did either of the guys who didn't get the bonus points today happen to have used the card back in November for the Black Ops deal and get them then with no problem?

I'm just curious if something has been updated since then even though it's always been in the T & C.

When I click forgot my password on the shopyourwayrewards.com site and enter in a new password, it says an error and won't let me choose a password, so now im locked out of my account. How do i fix this?

Purchased TDU2 for PS3 today, received only 500 points for the purchase instead of the 10000 points that was promised. My recent transactions list that I purchased the game and everything on the website, it just doesnt show that I received 10,000 points, odd seeing as how black ops rewards points from nov. worked fine for me.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So did either of the guys who didn't get the bonus points today happen to have used the card back in November for the Black Ops deal and get them then with no problem?

I'm just curious if something has been updated since then even though it's always been in the T & C.[/QUOTE]
I did buy black ops in nov. And got the points. I get emails from Kmart every other day or so. When i picked up test-drive i only received the base points and some other points for spending more than 50.00

[quote name='chriscolbert']So did either of the guys who didn't get the bonus points today happen to have used the card back in November for the Black Ops deal and get them then with no problem?

I'm just curious if something has been updated since then even though it's always been in the T & C.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I did the Black Ops deal in November no problem. Points posted then immediately after the transaction.

Interesting, stopped by KMart today and they don't have TDU 2. Guy works at electronics said that shipment never came.

He said come back Thursday but expect an e-mail from me Mr. Deane if they "somehow can't find it".

It worries me since MvC 3 is coming out next week and can't buy it on release day.

[quote name='vlv723']Interesting, stopped by KMart today and they don't have TDU 2. Guy works at electronics said that shipment never came.

He said come back Thursday but expect an e-mail from me Mr. Deane if they "somehow can't find it".

It worries me since MvC 3 is coming out next week and can't buy it on release day.[/QUOTE]

This attitude of "Whatever I tell them they will believe because nobody prepared to put the shipment out yesterday" is always lolworthy.

Any kmart employee that stands in my way next week for marvel is going to have a rough day. Not leaving until I can buy what's advertised for sale.

So I was looking at my SYWR account and I think someone might have the same number as me, or pin, or something. Because someone has been using points on my account from Sears store 02238 - RSU-B STORE (MED SIZED) which is in Cambridge, MA and I live in Sacramento, CA. This is really annoying since they used my points from my Red Wii purchase for my parents during Christmas.

Edit: Looking at it, they've used $38.93 worth of my points.... heh.

[quote name='jer7583']Are you serious?

At least do some research on these things if you're going to talk nonsense.

Anthony Gallegos (the writer of said "half-assed" review) talked about how much he likes the killzone series and how good killzone 3 is for like 20 min on his own personal podcast this week.

Stop acting like every press outlet that doesn't give your system's games perfect scores is biased. It just makes you sound childish.[/QUOTE]

Did you even READ my post? I said they gave it a glowing review. I also said they are terrible for ps3 reviews. and they are.

before you accuse me of being some ps3 fanboy why don't you get off your IGN fanboy pedestal and take a look in the mirror. They have a long history of giving subpar Ps3 reviews (and i'm not talking about score, i'm talking about depth of coverage).

kz3 got a glowing review from them, and i said that. it's also a 1 pager that they changed to 2 pages after people complained by adding a page break.

again, i'm NOT talking about scores, people. they give fine scores. they give lousy reviews -- badly written, and often skip important facets of gameplay.

you guys are ridiculous, this thread is so full of hatred towards fellow cag'rs it makes me sick.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We actually do have 99 cent shipping, and if pre ordered it should arrive on release date though this isn't guaranteed like Amazon.com.

The customer survey in the OP is actually to create Kmartgamer.com as a stand alone site and offer things that have never really been done before. Hope to have more updates throughout the year.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing not too much until the kmartgamer.com stand alone site would go live? I'll tell my fellow Texans to get started on the survey then. Hopefully you guys can get that website going fast.

Its shame the killer deals you've been posting aren't available on a national level though.

[quote name='Beatofficer']So I was looking at my SYWR account and I think someone might have the same number as me, or pin, or something. Because someone has been using points on my account from Sears store 02238 - RSU-B STORE (MED SIZED) which is in Cambridge, MA and I live in Sacramento, CA. This is really annoying since they used my points from my Red Wii purchase for my parents during Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Contact the SYWR people by phone?

I suggest phone since it's the easiest way to explain what happened.

[quote name='affa']Did you even READ my post? I said they gave it a glowing review. I also said they are terrible for ps3 reviews. and they are.

before you accuse me of being some ps3 fanboy why don't you get off your IGN fanboy pedestal and take a look in the mirror. They have a long history of giving subpar Ps3 reviews (and i'm not talking about score, i'm talking about depth of coverage).

kz3 got a glowing review from them, and i said that. it's also a 1 pager that they changed to 2 pages after people complained by adding a page break.

again, i'm NOT talking about scores, people. they give fine scores. they give lousy reviews -- badly written, and often skip important facets of gameplay.

you guys are ridiculous, this thread is so full of hatred towards fellow cag'rs it makes me sick.[/QUOTE]

I apologize. If you had been clear that it was the content of the review, not the evaluation that was the problem i would have understood your point better.

I'm not an IGN fanboy either. I used to be a 1up fanboy, (which is where gallegos and RebelFM come from) so I have followed those guys since they fired everyone from 1up.

Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

And I would say that the length of the review along with a 5 minute video review did an adequate job of evaluating a game that is largely another killzone game. There isn't a whole lot new from Killzone 2, it's mostly minor changes and improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back