Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh are you going to let us CAGers keep the 100K points or are they going to be reverted back to 50K?[/QUOTE]
Tough to say. Kmart wouldn't really have to honor it if it's a mistake, since they only advertised 25k per copy. Whether they let you keep the extra points or not depends entirely on their whim, but my guess would be no, because of the probable mass exploitation by SD that is or will be going on. If it was just tied to the 700 or so CEs, that might be one thing, but the potential scale is likely to cause them to reverse it.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I did feel a bit bad after posting the link to where it was on SD here, because as soon as I did, people came out of the woodwork with "Oh cool, my store is getting a copy? I'll make sure to be there early morning."

[snip]

This was all my fault....#-o:wall:[/QUOTE]
If it wasn't you, it'd be someone else. There's a lot of cross-site people on here, so someone would have eventually posted it here anyways. Don't worry too much about it. It sucks, sure, but once the spreadsheet went viral it was game over anyways.

It removes the burden of hundreds of "Will my Kmart have it?" questions to Stock Boy, but at the same time, this clusterfracas can happen too. It's why I'd prefer not to have the spreadsheet posted publicly. It's really not fair to the people who actually requested them, and I know if I was in that situation and missed the one I asked for because someone else swooped in and beat me to it, it'd make me pretty disenchanted with Kmart.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Why would you want to exploit an obvious glitch and undermine the efforts of those that bring us the original deals to begin with?

(And don't go saying "because this is CAG" or some other stupid BS)[/QUOTE]

Because if I plan on buying both copies anyways, why wouldn't I pick them up at Kmart then?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yikes:hot:[/QUOTE]
Is that a yikes as in yikes I hope this gets fixed quickly, or yikes everyone should go buy up 2 copies because that's an extremely hot deal?

I know plenty of people that would be interested if it's not going to get fixed...

On another note, my cashier was obviously on the ball. I bought 2 copies this morning (didnt know about the glitch) and when I tried to do it one transaction, she told me I'd have to try separate transactions for each because it "wasn't working right". haha

Most likely they are releasing the characters for everyone on march 15th. Those with codes will receive them for free and everyone else will be able to purchase them. This was pretty much assumed all along that they would just be able to be purchased. This is the reason I didnt buy the CE as I didnt care about the comic or tin I just wanted the characters

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Ugh, makes me want mine so much more. I might go back right now and see if they found them.

That's more correct, but even Joystiq is still wrong in that 'article.' The code in the SE doesn't allow us to download the pack now. I just entered the code into the webpage you have to redeem it on and the real code will get emailed out on the 15th.
Which is disappointing, because who knows when it will come out on the 15th? Everyone could possible have the chance to download them at 3 AM or something while I am sitting there until 8 at night waiting on an email (which is what will probably occur happening).[/QUOTE]

Ugh, the Kmart in my hometown said they didn't have any copies in (Killeen, TX) so I'm pretty bummed that I have to wait til tomorrow to get the game (and rewards hopefully).. I may just say F it and go to gamestop

It is actually kind of cool. I brought on a company to make prints for us just for these types of launches. I'd like to do screen shots and stuff like that and make a KG type of collection.

I do like that idea... I don't know if it would be too much extra legwork or if the involved publishers would be on board but maybe you could have some contests where the winner gets their artwork selected as the print?

On page one it states all offers up through the 3DS will be updated next week

[quote name='Greendomo']Josh, just wondering if you have any idea yet on what the Dragon Age 2 deal will be?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='udryguy']Because if I plan on buying both copies anyways, why wouldn't I pick them up at Kmart then?[/QUOTE]

So the $50 (25 x 2) SYWR points wasn't enough to sway you but $100 is? Look, I'm not going to act all high and mighty because you can do whatever you want. You want to do the honorable thing as it was intended then ring them separately. You want to take advantage of a glitch then ring them together.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So the $50 (25 x 2) SYWR points wasn't enough to sway you but $100 is? Look, I'm not going to act all high and mighty because you can do whatever you want. You want to do the honorable thing as it was intended then ring them separately. You want to take advantage of a glitch then ring them together.[/QUOTE]

Um... you are pretty much acting high and mighty with your post there...

Hey SHC-Gamer, I tryed to buy a Castlevania CE for ps3 today at my local K-Mart and it rang up at $59.99. Isn't it supposed to be $29.99? What gives?

[quote name='dabamus']Um... you are pretty much acting high and mighty with your post there...[/QUOTE]

Nah, trust me. I'm not. Simply stating facts and/or options. Nothing more.

[quote name='chriscolbert']So the $50 (25 x 2) SYWR points wasn't enough to sway you but $100 is? Look, I'm not going to act all high and mighty because you can do whatever you want. You want to do the honorable thing as it was intended then ring them separately. You want to take advantage of a glitch then ring them together.[/QUOTE]
Some people on CAG will agree with you but in the real world only a very special person is going to say "Oh btw there's a glitch and I'd hate to have an extra $50 for nothing so could you please ring these up separately"?

[quote name='Mikocouch']Hey SHC-Gamer, I tryed to buy a Castlevania CE for ps3 today at my local K-Mart and it rang up at $59.99. Isn't it supposed to be $29.99? What gives?[/QUOTE]

It can take the stores up to one week to process the price changes.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Hey SHC-Gamer, I tryed to buy a Castlevania CE for ps3 today at my local K-Mart and it rang up at $59.99. Isn't it supposed to be $29.99? What gives?[/QUOTE]

The OP says "Stores have 7 days from receiving the markdown list to activate the pricing" so your store just may not have adjusted it yet.

[quote name='dabamus']Um... you are pretty much acting high and mighty with your post there...[/QUOTE]

Says the fucker posting when hes under investigation!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Some people on CAG will agree with you but in the real world only a very special person is going to say "Oh btw there's a glitch and I'd hate to have an extra $50 for nothing so could you please ring these up separately"?[/QUOTE]

I understand that and do find it amusing as well. But my biggest issue is simply discussing it in this thread. Do what you want but don't try to get specifics on ways to abuse something. Go to slickdeals for that ;)

[quote name='DAWG26']Says the fucker posting when hes under investigation![/QUOTE]

And what I did I do to draw your ire? Why are you speaking out your ass when you have no idea what you are talking about?

If we get to keep the extra points I think I might splurge a lil next week and the the KZ gun attachment if it gets good reviews.

OMG MARVEL

GOTY

So good. Sooooooo good. Combos in this game are the most fun to do.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I understand that and do find it amusing as well. But my biggest issue is simply discussing it in this thread. Do what you want but don't try to get specifics on ways to abuse something. Go to slickdeals for that ;)[/QUOTE]
Got me there :)

[quote name='harish7447']Fcuk I got 1 each of XBox & PS3 and only got 50k points :(...did anyone else get 100k points or was it just 1 person?[/QUOTE]

From the sound of things it seemed to be everyone else but you. Did this just happen? Were they rung separately?

[quote name='harish7447']Fcuk I got 1 each of XBox & PS3 and only got 50k points :(...did anyone else get 100k points or was it just 1 person?[/QUOTE]

so your sad about points that never existed in the first place? buy it from gamestop so next time you wont get ANYTHING :roll:.

[quote name='chriscolbert']From the sound of things it seemed to be everyone else but you. Did this just happen? Were they rung separately?[/QUOTE]

hopefully they found a way to stop the glitch, seriously this thread has gone to shit since this morning with stupid questions....

[quote name='aznhero913']Hey Josh are you going to let us CAGers keep the 100K points or are they going to be reverted back to 50K?[/QUOTE]
It won't be up to me actually. I am wondering what the SYWR team will do myself.

[quote name='Momo254']Ugh, the Kmart in my hometown said they didn't have any copies in (Killeen, TX) so I'm pretty bummed that I have to wait til tomorrow to get the game (and rewards hopefully).. I may just say F it and go to gamestop[/QUOTE]
I was about to send them an email but on my POD report from UPS this store shows a delayed delivery until today due to adverse weather conditions last week.

27 stores out of 1300 show they are arriving today due to weather. Primarily TX, AR and OK.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
EDIT: It must really suck too, to read the thread and see people posting "Yeah, I got the only copy!!! There was some guy asking behind me if he could get one too, but I got the only one!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!" and thinking, 'yeah, I was that guy. I emailed a CE request to Stock Boy 2 1/2 months ago. you're welcome for the game.'

This was all my fault....#-o:wall:[/QUOTE]

If it helps your self-conscience, it could be the first guy was the one who e-mailed Stock Boy and it was the second guy who was just trying to buy the game. We don't know.

Also, you can't really assume the only reason a store has a copy is because someone e-mailed Stock Boy. Maybe that's the case, but I don't know.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was about to send them an email but on my POD report from UPS shows delayed delivery until today due to adverse weather conditions last week.

27 stores out of 1300 show they are arriving today due to weather. Primarily TX, AR and OK.[/QUOTE]
Those states got effed up last week with snow. Called my dad in NE AR and they had 2 feet and it was still coming down!

Oh, managed to snag the PS3 Ce at Lemay Ferry Kmart in St.Louis a few mins ago. Had work in the morning so didn't think it'd still be around, but apparently no one wanted it. :D
They did run out of the posters though ;/

[quote name='quatrevav35']Oh, managed to snag the PS3 Ce at Lemay Ferry Kmart in St.Louis a few mins ago. Had work in the morning so didn't think it'd still be around, but apparently no one wanted it. :D
They did run out of the posters though ;/[/QUOTE]

Wow, I figured it would be gone at 8am since that was the only store in STL to even carry the CE.

[quote name='jer7583']OMG MARVEL

GOTY

So good. Sooooooo good. Combos in this game are the most fun to do.[/QUOTE]

It's fun but I have no idea what is going on in the game yet. Played one ranked match and I was getting brutalized by assists from every direction. Think I prefer the slower paced games like Tekken and Virtua Fighter. :D

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']If it wasn't you, it'd be someone else. There's a lot of cross-site people on here, so someone would have eventually posted it here anyways. Don't worry too much about it. It sucks, sure, but once the spreadsheet went viral it was game over anyways.

It removes the burden of hundreds of "Will my Kmart have it?" questions to Stock Boy, but at the same time, this clusterfracas can happen too. It's why I'd prefer not to have the spreadsheet posted publicly. It's really not fair to the people who actually requested them, and I know if I was in that situation and missed the one I asked for because someone else swooped in and beat me to it, it'd make me pretty disenchanted with Kmart.[/QUOTE]
I typically don't post on SD, I just look for deals, but when I saw the MvC3 thread on there, I wanted to check it out to see if they were brainstorming a way to game the system or something. The guy that posted it on SD said Josh emailed it to him and I imagine Josh didn't want it to be public. I don't know that of course. But I think it would probably be better if they don't get posted though. There will be more "Is my store getting X CE" questions, but hopefully less people swooping in and stealing a copy someone else wanted. Kmart makes the money either way, I guess, but if someone wants a CE, they have a chance to request one for their store. If you aren't paying attention to this thread, don't bitch that your store didn't get one. It was a limited CE for Kmart.

I guess on the same token though, if you want one, be sure you are at the store to get it so you don't miss out.
I believe Josh said a while ago that they were working on an in-store preorder sytem, I could be mistaken, but hopefully that would remedy people being pissed that they missed their chance to have CEs allocated and it would take care of anyone who wanted a copy buy got out-shopped.
[quote name='salty tbone']Also, you can't really assume the only reason a store has a copy is because someone e-mailed Stock Boy. Maybe that's the case, but I don't know.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know that the really high traffic stores that sell a lot of CEs would have gotten some, but I asked if my store could get two and I guess because of my enthusiasm for this title, Stock Boy said he would allocate a couple more than that to my store. We got 5 for the 360 and I wouldn't have been surprised if we had gotten none if I hadn't requested any.

My local store didn't get any copies of MvC3.. they have no idea why and are concerned. This store is usually very good about release dates and they know me very well.

They have been trying to find out what's going on since Sunday. Josh, stockboy- any help?

[quote name='freeorelse']SHC is now dusting off his resume ;)[/QUOTE]

he doesn't program the computers so I don't see how its his fault.

[quote name='quatrevav35']Oh, managed to snag the PS3 Ce at Lemay Ferry Kmart in St.Louis a few mins ago. Had work in the morning so didn't think it'd still be around, but apparently no one wanted it. :D
They did run out of the posters though ;/[/QUOTE]Uh oh, it's another St. Louis CAG. :whistle2:s And one that goes to my KMart of choice. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s

fuck it. I'm not going to bite on this glitch. Ugh.

But I may hold off on playing this game, and possibly return my copy to Kmart, in the event SYWR honors this points discrepancy for other people, just to buy it elsewhere some other time. I just don't know anymore!

[quote name='freeorelse']SHC is now dusting off his resume ;)[/QUOTE]
Oh it's been polished for a while :)

Nah, big deal for whoever set up the promotion, not for me though.

Managed to snag the only PS3 CE in the Portland, OR area (Gresham store)

However I was so excited about snagging it that I completely forgot to ask about the 8x10's. I didn't see them set up anywhere either, am I boned here since I didn't mention it while I was there? Not a huge deal, as I got what I was really looking for, but this would be a cool piece for my game room wall.

How long does it take for bonus points to show. Received minimal credits for buying 1 ps3 version. Like 60 cents worth.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm sure it's not a matter of "letting" anyone do anything and Josh has said before that he has no control over the SYWR promotions. That's a whole different department and team. And it will ultimately be an "all or nothing" situation where everyone (including CAGS and those dreaded SDers) will either keep the points or they will take them from everyone.

I can't see them taking them but I expect them to have it fixed tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

HEY!!!!!

I love SD and the only reason I found out about this website is b/c of SD.

That being said................Whenever a crazy deal hits that website, man you better expect those guys are gonna clean house.

I think SYWR is gonna correct their mistake. Doubt they'll lose $50.

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh oh, it's another St. Louis CAG. :whistle2:s And one that goes to my KMart of choice. :whistle2:s :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

He/she must post in the St. Louis thread to be properly baptized as a STL CAG. :)

That's my KMart of choice also, but the only deals I've bought physically at the store are Alpha Protocol, Move launch, ME 2/points on Black Friday, and Sly Cooper post-Christmas.

Also Josh, whenever you get word from Square Enix/the SYWR team what deals you can do on the PSP games I previously mentioned (FF Dissidia 012: Duodecim, The 3rd Birthday, and FF IV: Complete Collection) for March/April that would be awesome to know. I just got some birthday cash so I'm going to need to know to hold onto it for KMart deal or preorder them and have them paid off at Gamestop.

I went to the Kmart in Carson Ca at 6:30 this morning and managed to pick up a copy of the 360 special edition the photo and my point's. I was surprised when I got there that three other people showed up looking for it but one of them was a fellow Cag who I talked with as we waited half an hour for them to open the electronic section. I'm glad I decided to go early or else I would have missed out and been a little mad since I asked stockboy to send some to this store.

I managed to snag the last PS3 copy of MvC3 at the San Leandro, CA Kmart around noon today. X360 copies were almost gone. Apparently they had line forming at the front door when they opened at 8:00 am and there was a big rush on the game.

I went to the K-Mart in Cromwell, CT this morning because the excel list said they would have one SE for the Playstation 3. The doors unlocked went to the electronics department and their was another guy waiting for obviously the same thing thank goodness he was getting it on Xbox 360.

It was a pleasant experience he went in back and found the one copy and even got a 8 1/2 x 11 print. Thank you CAG :) couldn't have done it without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back