Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wow. No reason to be a dumb shit about it.

It's not a big deal for me as I got it on Amazon for less.

Was just pointing out my luck.[/QUOTE]

Relax man. He was directly responding to someone (not you) that had inexplicably referred to themselves in third person.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Just out of curiosity do the $25 worth of SYWR points from MvC3, will those work on anything at Kmart once they're added or are they limited to just videogames like the old coupons?[/QUOTE]

Anything.

[quote name='nakanenui']Any chance for a Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition deal when Dragon Age 2 comes out?[/QUOTE]

Josh has hinted at a such a deal, though no specifics have been given yet.

Purchased DQ VI, no bonus points. Put my account settings exactly where they needed to be a few days ago.

Oh well, It'll get worked out.

Pleased to report everything worked well with MVC for me. No SE was visible, and I didn't care enough to ask since the spreadsheet said my store didn't get one anyway. The guy working electronics wasn't aware of the photo offer, but I asked the girl at customer service up front, and that's where the small stack was--might be helpful for people having trouble finding 'em to ask up there. Also received my 25,000 bonus points according to my receipt, although they're not showing up online quite yet.

I actually hadn't planned to buy MVC at all, but the first two always looked fun and I guess I bought into the hype, especially with a good deal. I haven't played fighting games since Mortal Kombat on the SNES and then only casually, so I'm completely overwhelmed right now.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition CE

So I realize the spreadsheet out there really screwed some of the people that specifically asked for the CEs on MvC3. So I want to pose a few options for KZ3 and any going forward (I can't do a poll, only Josh).

1) Let someone post a spreadsheet with all store info (this saves Josh and I a lot of hassle but may not necessarily be the best thing to do)
2) Let someone post a revised spreadsheet that has everything on it except if you requested the CE for your store I would zero that store out so only you would know if your store was getting a decent number (this would help steer away El Hoardo from knowing your store was getting a bunch of CEs)
3) We continue with me or Josh just responded to each email on a one person, store in the area basis...which by the way wouldn't really prevent us from letting them know one of the stores was from an actual request.

I want to find out what works best for everyone.

[quote name='coldwine']Sooo... is the DQ6 $15 credit going to be immediately fixed? I really don't want to jump hoops.[/QUOTE]
Seconded!
Is there anyone out there that this deal has worked for SINCE they suspended the points for MvC? I wasn't really planning on buying it, with Pokemon out in 2 weeks, but i t is tempting.
Josh- do you know why this is affecting DQ VI?

Just to confirm, the people who received the 100K points, those will not be withdrawn, correct, they will stay on the account?

[quote name='SHC Stock Boy']Killzone 3 Helghast Edition CE

So I realize the spreadsheet out there really screwed some of the people that specifically asked for the CEs on MvC3. So I want to pose a few options for KZ3 and any going forward (I can't do a poll, only Josh).

1) Let someone post a spreadsheet with all store info (this saves Josh and I a lot of hassle but may not necessarily be the best thing to do)
2) Let someone post a revised spreadsheet that has everything on it except if you requested the CE for your store I would zero that store out so only you would know if your store was getting a decent number (this would help steer away El Hoardo from knowing your store was getting a bunch of CEs)
3) We continue with me or Josh just responded to each email on a one person, store in the area basis...which by the way wouldn't really prevent us from letting them know one of the stores was from an actual request.

I want to find out what works best for everyone.[/QUOTE]

i would say 3 sounds the best but with the demand so high now would you and josh be able to keep up? option 2 sounds alittle better actually just don't put any numbers at all under CE's that way its keep those who never requested one or someone from grabbing them all after seeing the spreadsheet

[quote name='joogle']Just to confirm, the people who received the 100K points, those will not be withdrawn, correct, they will stay on the account?[/QUOTE]

scared to lost points that don't belong to you? :applause:
if its in your account chanced are they wont go anywhere.....

I want to find out what works best for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Spreadsheet or no spreadsheet, someone could just inadvertently walk into a store and pick up someone's preorder.

I wish there was a way you could hold the SE requests for one day. If the person requesting it doesn't pick it up day 1, it gets sold.

[quote name='bretfav']Seconded!
Is there anyone out there that this deal has worked for SINCE they suspended the points for MvC? I wasn't really planning on buying it, with Pokemon out in 2 weeks, but i t is tempting.
Josh- do you know why this is affecting DQ VI?[/QUOTE]
I have received no indication that the DQ VI deal was suspended. I will reach out and confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have received no indication that this deal was suspended.[/QUOTE]
Josh, are you referring to the DQVI deal because it doesn't seem like anyone has posted today that they have received the points? I was just curious.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']With everyone I believe........going to take a quick nap before some more slaps across the face :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
The timestamp on that post makes you a beast. I tip my cap to you, sir. Not everyone would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning for something they don't have to do. It's appreciated by the CAGs you've helped (like me!)

But you should probably get some sleep one of these days. Take it from an insomniac, it wears you down.

Unless you're, in fact, a terminator, in which case, this both explains a lot and negates my advice. Just spare me when Skynet launches, please.

So I realize the spreadsheet out there really screwed some of the people that specifically asked for the CEs on MvC3. So I want to pose a few options for KZ3 and any going forward (I can't do a poll, only Josh).[/QUOTE]
Option 2 sounds like a good compromise. It should reduce the worst of the questions without inadvertently screwing anyone over in the process.

Do I need to send a PM for the Yakuza 4 deal to be sent a specific store? I know it is not a special edition/collector's edition, but I have a feeling there will be limited quantites.

[quote name='confoosious']Spreadsheet or no spreadsheet, someone could just inadvertently walk into a store and pick up someone's preorder.

I wish there was a way you could hold the SE requests for one day. If the person requesting it doesn't pick it up day 1, it gets sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks to see the particular CE/SE/LE you requested get snatched up by someone else :whistle2:( Only if there's a pre-order of some sort, but alas, that will only confuse more Kmart employees.

Personally, I think the CE/SE/LE allocation is a great idea for Kmart's inventory control, but it's incomplete since the requests are not necessarily guaranteed. It really discourages people from asking/requesting in the future.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I have received no indication that the DQ VI deal was suspended. I will reach out and confirm.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Dragon Quest and didn't get base points or bonus points. I thought it was part of the MvC 'fix', though.

Went by my local Kmart again today (Store 3475) again today to see if they've gotten any copies of MvC3 in and yet again I was let down. The whole reason I go there is for the deals and points. I'm going to check one more time after I get out of work, and if they don't have it I'm going to Best Buy, unless you can get the reward points from buying the game at sears.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']Just out of curiosity do the $25 worth of SYWR points from MvC3, will those work on anything at Kmart once they're added or are they limited to just videogames like the old coupons?[/QUOTE]

^ and is it ok if I sign-up for the card in store and then immediately buy the game?

Did the sign up online exactly as the original post says and didn't get the 15000 bonus on DQ6. Sounds like it has happened to quite a few people. Sadly didn't look and see until I was walking in the front door.

[quote name='d3ting']^ and is it ok if I sign-up for the card in store and then immediately buy the game?[/QUOTE]
Definately sign up in store as you will get the card right away. As to the points, you "should" get them next week when the system gets fixed. But with all the SYWR nightmares I and others have experienced I would wait the week, then email Josh to take care of it. Most of the people you talk to or email at SYWR are useless. Believe me, I've spent over 10+ hours on the phone and email with them. They never solve anything. My email is still all messed up with them.

[quote name='cag1000']Thanks anyone have the spreadsheet? Hate to annoy stock boy for fear of him getting tired of sending out updates....[/QUOTE]

I have the spreadsheet if you're interested

What's your town and store#

Blast I'm in Kmart now and the dude said they had 1 Collector's edition but it's gone. I don't know what system to get the standard edition for I'm probably gonna do some other shopping and come back when I've thought it over.

Another one here with a Dragon Quest VI purchase and no bonus points. I asked at customer service about it and they said "If I saw it online I need to buy it online." This now makes 3 of the last 3 promos I've tried that I've had issues with at this Kmart (Columbus, OH).

I think the reason I keep not going back after having problems isn't the fact there are problems or snags, it's that with the employees generally clueless about the promotions their first reaction is to treat me like I'm some kind of thief or trying to rip them off. Don't get me wrong, I love what Josh is doing here on CAG, I just wish that the other Kmart employees I came across in-store had even 1/20th of the customer service ability that Josh has, or at the very least didn't assume everyone that walked into the store was a con artist.

Anyway, rant off. Thumbs up for Josh and stockboy. I'll wait for more info on the point situation for DQVI before adding to the pile of email Josh already has :)

[quote name='RallyV']I have the spreadsheet if you're interested

What's your town and store#[/QUOTE]

Thanks anyway though I emailed and got the info. Now just wondering what the Pokemon deal will be..............

[quote name='j_mccarty5']I just picked up Dragon Quest and didn't get base points or bonus points. I thought it was part of the MvC 'fix', though.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat so I'll wait a bit to see what happens.

I've had a rewards card for awhile now and i've used my points i've earned on other purchases. What I'm confused about is that it says on the OP that to receive points from now on, i have to op in for email updates? I want to go get Marvel today, but i am kind of confused if i'm going to receive any points.

Welp, gonna run by Kmart real quick while I'm out and check the customer sales desk like someone suggested for that 8X11 picture. Hope the clearance games have been processed, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Orb01']I'm in the same boat so I'll wait a bit to see what happens.[/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting from a response from the SYWR team. Either way, I'll make everyone get's their $15.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'm just waiting from a response from the SYWR team. Either way, I'll make everyone get's their $15.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Josh. Picked up DQVI earlier and no bonus points here either. Should we email you or wait and see what happens?

[quote name='Killbomb']Thanks, Josh. Picked up DQVI earlier and no bonus points here either. Should we email you or wait and see what happens?[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming they may have suspended the DQ deal as well but not telling me about it would be a dick move so I've got some people running them down. I'm trying to find out before 5p.m.

To be honest everyone, I'd say just send me an email to be on the safe side and I'll get some stuff worked out so if they give me an answer I don't like I'll be able help out quickly.

I'm interested in this as well. Town Killeen, TX Store #3475

Anything in Maine? (Bangor in particular?).

I'm assuming no... we haven't gotten any CE since Epic Mickey

Regarding mVc3, should we e-mail you the receipt and member # or wait it out?

And, sorry for asking like a n00b, but where can I find your e-mail?

[quote name='UltimoFatty']Regarding mVc3, should we e-mail you the receipt and member # or wait it out?

And, sorry for asking like a n00b, but where can I find your e-mail?[/QUOTE]

In the second post: [email protected]

just got back from my local kmart where they have a full load of MvC3 games and posters... i managed to get a poster with the purchase of the ps3 version (although it cost me 1 cent, so it's not really free. lol) but sadly i only received 600 points :( if i e-mail josh, how long will it take me to receive my points? not planning to open the game until i am sure i will have the points. otherwise, i could just return it and get the $15 gift card @ toys r us

damn, just read the OP where it says there's a problem with the system and the points won't appear on your account until next week. i just want to be 100% sure i get the points. don't want to miss the opportunity to grab the toys r us deal instead if i don't get the SYWR points(since the points will appear in a week when the TRU deal would be over)

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Welp, gonna run by Kmart real quick while I'm out and check the customer sales desk like someone suggested for that 8X11 picture. Hope the clearance games have been processed, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]
Got my picture. I shoulda gone back yesterday like I kept saying, because not only did they find them after I left, they gave away all but one. I showed up with both my receipts, but they guy didn't even look at them. My buddy won't get his, but he didn't seem too interested when I told him about them, so his loss.

It's really cool though and I hope to see more things like them in the future if you can swing them, Josh. I'm not sure if there is anything else this year that I am hyped about, Mahvel was the biggest title of the year for me, but I did think that the idea of in-game screenshots or something that you said before sounded good.

[quote name='ILLregular']damn, just read the OP where it says there's a problem with the system and the points won't appear on your account until next week. i just want to be 100% sure i get the points. don't want to miss the opportunity to grab the toys r us deal instead if i don't get the SYWR points(since the points will appear in a week when the TRU deal would be over)[/QUOTE]

Josh has said that he will make sure everyone is taken care of, so no need to worry.

Just want to say thanks to Josh for busting his ass on stuff like this all the time.

He stayed up til past 3 am working on my points issue.... and im sure a lot of yours. Was totally shocked to get a confirmation at 3am from an office email addy :O

[quote name='chriscolbert']Josh has said that he will make sure everyone is taken care of, so no need to worry.[/QUOTE]

yea... i couldn't resist and opened it anyways lol. im planning on using the points on bulletstorm :D would of bought killzone 3 from kmart too, but i wanted the og maps that come with the preorder so i preordered from amazon

I'm assuming that no one actually -has- gotten the points for DQVI, right? All the posts so far have been reports of not getting them (myself included). At this point, I'd be more interested in knowing if someone did get them and whether they did anything differently from the rest.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone out there has had any success with the clearance drops.
1. Have the games you wanted been there?
2. If so, were they marked correctly?
I haven't heard too many stories so far, just that one guy who went in for the 3 games but the register hadn't been restarted yet, so they were still regular price. I went in for 3-4 PS3 titles and they didn't have any of them. When I asked they said those games are old and wouldn't be restocked. So I guess these clearance drops are only on remaining stock???

[quote name='bretfav']When I asked they said those games are old and wouldn't be restocked. So I guess these clearance drops are only on remaining stock???[/QUOTE]

Do you not know what a clearance is?

[quote name='bretfav']2. If so, were they marked correctly?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't looking for anything in particular (except Ghost Trick which my location never had any of in the first place), but I did notice that Goldeneye for the DS had a yellow price sticker on it marking it down to the new

[quote name='Scorch']Do you not know what a clearance is?[/QUOTE]
No need to be a dick-if you don't have something constructive to add move along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back