Not open for further replies.

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Like me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/SHCGamer

Kmartgamer 1.0 = 10,508 replies/663,642 views
Kmartgamer 2.0 = 9,828 replies/538,327 views
Kmartgamer 3.0 = 7,215 replies/549,496 views

www.KmartGamer.com (Blog is effective in all locations)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: 3-22 Playstation Heroes (Reg. $39.99) offer 10,000 SYWR + Save $25 instantly with purchase of Move bundle
    • Offer was extended through next week since Playstation Heroes is not arriving until the end of this week
  • :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 (Reg. $59.99) Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets
    • If the stores do not have the 4000 Points or $50 PSN represented on the sales floor send a pic of your receipt to SHC Ad Monster and we'll substitute with a $20 gift card
    • SHC Stock Boy will comment tomorrow on the Turtle Beach Head Set in-stock. This is featured in the circular so no gift card will be substituted but we will help coordinate a rain check if needed.
    • All stores will receive the LE edition of Crysis 2 for launch.
  • :360::ps3::wii::ds: 3-22 Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - 3DS not included
  • :360::ps3: Bullestorm $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
Kmart Weekly Ad: (Circulars not effective in all stores, NYC and Offshore in particular)

March 20th through March 26th:

• :ps3: $50 gift card with 160GB PS3 ($299.99)
    • Note: 3-27 (Next week) Killzone 3 bundle with free Killzone 2. Just want everyone to know if it affects buying decisions
  • :wii: Wii Consoles $179.99 (Reg. $199.99)
Note: Savings Coupon offers are valid in all stores

Coming Soon:

Update: Submitting Feb./Mar. offers as SYWR promotions. Will post as soon as they are approved. At the end of Mar. the coupon issue will be fixed and we'll go back to normal. For Feb . SYWR offers, there will be limit 2 per customer (the SYWR card will limit bonuses systematically).

As of Feb 6th, to earn SYWR bonuses a member has to have a valid email address on their profile and opted in before purchasing an item with a bonus offer. This has been communicated to members through SYWR emails and in the circular along with new signage indicating to receive bonus offers they have to have a valid email address on file and opted in to receive email. Opting in to receive SYWR bonus offers is not too bad:

1. Log in to your account online
2. Click "My offers"
3. Click "More about me"
4. Scroll down to contact preferences
5. Click the boxes to receive email from (I suggest all for tomorrow). I'll post if you just have to accept Kmart in the future.

*This list is not comprehensive of every promotion that may be coming and release dates are subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']I know I just quoted it, but it deserves to be bigger, bolder, and redder. This game is fantastic.. though I was a fool for buying it at full price.

next week Enslaved will be $14.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm excited for this price drop!

[quote name='Scorch']They deleted your SYWR account, dabamus? WTF?[/QUOTE]

Yep. All I have is a kmart.com/sears.com login apparently. It doesn't show me as a SYWR member. I'm not the only one this happened to either.

[quote name='CAG90210']@ dabamus, my account seems to be restored now and points are intact! *fingers cross*[/QUOTE]

I had to log out and log back in, but mine is back.

Maybe just a glitch in the matrix? The machines changed something?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was planning to push them through SYWR's but I'm not sure anymore. Any suggestions of offers that could stand as substitutes?[/QUOTE]
I think the SYWR deals are pretty enticing, even though I had issues with the deals in the past. Admittedly I don't have to deal with the overflowing inboxes of people who are upset! Free points cards and BOGOs are all pretty swell. Super pumped about the Yakuza deal, though!

Do you know when you'll be able to announce your early March PS3 deal? Gotta decide if I should jump on the Killzone bundle next week or wait. Only sorta interested in Killzone, but I need a new PS3 for The Show.

[quote name='z-money']I think the SYWR deals are pretty enticing, even though I had issues with the deals in the past. Admittedly I don't have to deal with the overflowing inboxes of people who are upset! Free points cards and BOGOs are all pretty swell. Super pumped about the Yakuza deal, though!

Do you know when you'll be able to announce your early March PS3 deal? Gotta decide if I should jump on the Killzone bundle next week or wait. Only sorta interested in Killzone, but I need a new PS3 for The Show.[/QUOTE]
Sure, we'll have the Killzone bundle like you've mentioned then an MLB one, and then we'll hit a $50 gift card promotion in March and then a potential offer at the end of March as well.

[quote name='nnthomas']Sweeten it more? It is already a great deal, imo. Can't wait, either way. Helps I am a short walk from a KMart here.[/QUOTE]

He mentioned a week or two ago that he was going to try and add some sort on incentive for the people who already own Yakuza 3.

Actually, I may pick up a copy of Enslaved for $14.99 for the 360 and sell my PS3 one. I don't know why I bought it for PS3 to begin with.

Oh wow, I've been looking at Enslaved. One of the handful of console exclusives I was really looking forward to now that I have a PS3 :D

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I was planning to push them through SYWR's but I'm not sure anymore. Any suggestions of offers that could stand as substitutes?[/QUOTE]

I really hope you can still push them through as SYWR bonuses even with all the issues lately. Points cards and Buy 1 get 1 X% off are nice but the coupons were really the key to me getting everything I wanted last year and I hope the bonus points/coupons (when they return) can do the same this year.

Think I will hold off on emailing you about DQVI until next week and see if the points post with my MvC3 points. I would really like to use all of them towards Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 instead of waiting for what I assume will be a gift card to arrive.

Really appreciate all your efforts lately especially working until at least 3am the other night!

[quote name='Killbomb']I really hope you can still push them through as SYWR bonuses even with all the issues lately. Points cards and Buy 1 get 1 X% off are nice but the coupons were really the key to me getting everything I wanted last year and I hope the bonus points/coupons (when they return) can do the same this year.

Think I will hold off on emailing you about DQVI until next week and see if the points post with my MvC3 points. I would really like to use all of them towards Bulletstorm and Killzone 3 instead of waiting for what I assume will be a gift card to arrive.

Really appreciate all your efforts lately especially working until at least 3am the other night![/QUOTE]
Very good point, I don't want to be too rash but March is a huge new release month and I want to make sure this type of activity doesn't occur again.

I have a meeting scheduled with SYWR on Friday and will make a determination then.

[quote name='aptanor']Oh wow, I've been looking at Enslaved. One of the handful of console exclusives I was really looking forward to now that I have a PS3 :D[/QUOTE]

Enslaved isn't exclusive to any console

[quote name='Scorch']Enslaved isn't exclusive to any console[/QUOTE]

It's a console exclusive release just as he stated. (non-pc)

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's a console exclusive release just as he stated. (non-pc)[/QUOTE]
It's free as a bird when it comes to being a cross-platform release.

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's a console exclusive release just as he stated. (non-pc)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. He made it sound like he thought it was a PS3 exclusive with the "now that I have a PS3!" comment.

Any chance on a deal for Vanquish? Would love to see this one at $19.99...

Fight Night Champion- Maybe an add on pack like what Gamestop is doing, though it might be too late.

MLB 11 The show- 20 bucks off the purchase of the limited edition contoller with purchase of MLB 11

MLB 2K11- Again maybe its too late but a free pack of baseball cards with purchase.

For all the shooters coming out maybe a BOGO.

[quote name='Scorch']
Any chance on a deal for Vanquish? Would love to see this one at $19.99...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That's definitely my bite price ATM. Demo was great.

My cousins and I bought MVC3 last night at Big K. The lady at the register was really awesome. We asked her for the advertised photo, then she tried to look for it but she couldn't find any. She called to ask the manager if the photos were available, but he told us they were gone =[ but that's ok, we got our points and that was the best reward ever for us buying a game at full price. I think the manager thought of buying the game for himself too haha, but I think he said he would choose Ken. I hope he doesn't get disappointed if he buys it. Random, but my cousins and I had a nice chat with the register lady about Comic Con lol. Hopefully she'll be at the register when we make our next purchase there. Maybe we'll win a shopping spree :].

Crysis 2 if we can't get a coupon or SYWR bonus.. A good idea might be to run a promo on Bulletstorm/KZ3 from the previous month with purchase, if one or the other underperforms or something.

Kind of hard to suggest bonus offers - I always think these things must be based on how much leftover stock you have and what didn't meet expectations.

Last edited:
I know the goings are rough right now, but I'd actually prefer SWYR points to free points cards or free/discounted games. Maybe after your meeting with them, they'll get their shit together. Those other deals are nice, but they can't replicate the train, be it coupons or points. There's nothing like getting a brand new game at launch for $20 or more off with another $20 credit in the hole. The lack of something like this was why I didn't pick up DS2 or LBP2 earlier this year. Just my thoughts. As always thanks Josh for the hard work. I was able to buy the MVC3 SE on Tuesday afternoon with the photo and points, no problems. It kinda was an impulse buy, which I never would have contemplated without the amazing offer. Don't ever change.

even though it was a bit of a disaster, the sywr's card is probably the best solution at this point. besides bogo's or deductions, people have had a worser time trying to get the machine to ring things up properly..

p.s. shot you an email just wondering if you ever got it or maybe you stop checking your emails for the day :)

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Sure, we'll have the Killzone bundle like you've mentioned then an MLB one, and then we'll hit a $50 gift card promotion in March and then a potential offer at the end of March as well.[/QUOTE]

While I love the idea of SYWR points coming through in March, I really wouldn't mind if it just sku'ed out a giftcard for $15 or $20 when u purchased MLB 11 this year. Or even a free $20 PSN card? Maybe 1/2 off of a Move controller when you purchase MLB 11, since it's move compatible?

Q: I'm confused, the MvC 3 deal is being suspended until next week? I was planning on picking up a copy tomorrow, does that mean I won't get the $25 with it?

Q2: I'm pretty sure that SYWR points can be applied to a future game purchase, however, with Pokemon Black + White coming up, I was wondering if I could apply whatever amount of SYWE points I would get from buying a copy of Black (using points from MvC3), I could then apply to a purchase of White (and then regain those points)? (still in the 2 copies limit, since I assume the limit includes either version.)

Incredibly noobish questions, but I couldn't decipher the FAQ in this regard. :/ Lastly, I am sad for the lack of love toward GoW Triple Pack, and I'm pretty sure K-mart doesn't even carry it. : (

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Q: I'm confused, the MvC 3 deal is being suspended until next week? I was planning on picking up a copy tomorrow, does that mean I won't get the $25 with it?

Q2: I'm pretty sure that SYWR points can be applied to a future game purchase, however, with Pokemon Black + White coming up, I was wondering if I could apply whatever amount of SYWE points I would get from buying a copy of Black (using points from MvC3), I could then apply to a purchase of White (and then regain those points)? (still in the 2 copies limit, since I assume the limit includes either version.)

Incredibly noobish questions, but I couldn't decipher the FAQ in this regard. :/ Lastly, I am sad for the lack of love toward GoW Triple Pack, and I'm pretty sure K-mart doesn't even carry it. : ([/QUOTE]

q1: points are suspended until next week, so buy mvc now and get the points next week...

Q2: yes, almost always sywr's are instant and should show up on the receipt so yes you can then buy another copy using the points..

gow triple pack wasn't picked up because k-mart stores are flooded with gow 2.. must get rid of old stock before they can add the triple pack. or they may never carry it...

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Very good point, I don't want to be too rash but March is a huge new release month and I want to make sure this type of activity doesn't occur again.

I have a meeting scheduled with SYWR on Friday and will make a determination then.[/QUOTE]

My suggestion : simplify the SYWR. Make it buy X games get X points. No cross promos, nothing complicated. I buy MVC 3 i get 25000 points, end of story.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']My suggestion : simplify the SYWR. Make it buy X games get X points. No cross promos, nothing complicated. I buy MVC 3 i get 25000 points, end of story.[/QUOTE]
That's what the deal is though right? The only thing that was apparently too complicated was buying more than one and getting the proper amount.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's what the deal is though right? The only thing that was apparently too complicated was buying more than one and getting the proper amount.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. Simplify it. Why does their need to be extra discounts? 25 is enough of a mega deal. Why attract resellers and multiple buys? SYWR are supposed to be tied to individual members, so why not just do one game, one discount per person...Usually the simpler the better.

Josh I'd wait until after the meeting to decide what to do with the deals. If SYWR is going to work closer and communicate with you instead of just doing what it wants with your deals then I'd stick with them until coupons are fixed.

I could understand delaying the MvC3 deal to get it together, but to also suspend the DQ deal and not even bother to let you/customers know seems slightly incompetent (if that is indeed what happened). Forgivable once in my book but no more than that.

If SYWR isn't going to work out, a straight discount or Kmart gift card would be ideal if possible. Maybe $20 off any DSi/3DS game with purchase of the 3DS? B1G1 half off for the week of Feb 22nd? Keep in mind TrU is doing a Buy 2 select titles get a $40 gift card..

Edit: Also I have zero faith that people are going to get their points next week. What is SYWR doing to ensure that it actually happens?

[quote name='Scorch']Gotcha. He made it sound like he thought it was a PS3 exclusive with the "now that I have a PS3!" comment.
[/QUOTE]
Yah wasn't real clear. Probably should have said "now that I have a console."

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Exactly my point. Simplify it. Why does their need to be extra discounts? 25 is enough of a mega deal. Why attract resellers and multiple buys? SYWR are supposed to be tied to individual members, so why not just do one game, one discount per person...Usually the simpler the better.[/QUOTE]
True. If coupons are coming back soon I'd agree it's probably the simplest short term fix possible aside from having no deal at all.

[quote name='medetron']q1: points are suspended until next week, so buy mvc now and get the points next week...

Q2: yes, almost always sywr's are instant and should show up on the receipt so yes you can then buy another copy using the points..

gow triple pack wasn't picked up because k-mart stores are flooded with gow 2.. must get rid of old stock before they can add the triple pack. or they may never carry it...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your answers. ^^ That's fine, since I'm gonna hang on to the SYWR points for Pokemon (unless someone manages to have a decent pre-order promotion :/). Glad Black will hopefully pay for itself, and I can help get White for the gf. And lol @ the reasoning behind the lack of Triple Pack, that is most likely correct since GoW 2 GotY is $10 cheaper than the triple pack, probably needs a clearance. Watch, it'll happen as soon as I pick up the Triple Pack at full MSRP, though I guess GoW 1 for $10 new isn't too bad.

That aside, what do you think will be the bonus with Pokemon B + W? I'm thinking at least 10,000 SYWR points which would be solid (matching Best Buy's pre-order offer with all its restriction nonsense). Any higher than that would be a must-grab imo.

At least some of you could pick up DQVI... I tried again to take advantage of one of these promotions, but DQVI just could not be found. Someone checked in the back twice and nothing... unless there weren't many and they sold out earlier in the day. As has been the case before, that was after looking in the case, going to the customer service counter, having someone called back to electronics, then waiting for them to search for it twice... The hassle might be worth it if they didn't come back empty handed... At least this person tried, though, which was cool.

So my question is this points are suspended. Not a big problem, but will the points be available to use on purchases of killzone 3 and bulletstorm? If i cant use them i am going to have to reconsider what i can and cant buy this next couple of weeks.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Now I'm nervous there won't be any offers for KZ3 at K-Mart.

How about issuing a gift card on spot?

BTW I am sending you an email Josh. I know you're flooded w/ them right now but I hope you have an opportunity to read it today before you go into your meeting w/ SYWR team.

[quote name='aznhero913']:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Now I'm nervous there won't be any offers for KZ3 at K-Mart.

How about issuing a gift card on spot?

BTW I am sending you an email Josh. I know you're flooded w/ them right now but I hope you have an opportunity to read it today before you go into your meeting w/ SYWR team.[/QUOTE]
We are not changing any offers, I'm just a little concerned about March offers through SYWR since all 3 this month so far have needed "help" from myself in order to pull them off and that isn't something you all deserve.

Don't worry about overloading me inbox, it is no trouble at all.

[quote name='medetron']even though it was a bit of a disaster, the sywr's card is probably the best solution at this point. besides bogo's or deductions, people have had a worser time trying to get the machine to ring things up properly..

p.s. shot you an email just wondering if you ever got it or maybe you stop checking your emails for the day :)[/QUOTE]
Most of my Tuesday emails will be attacked today. I was only waiting for some feedback from SYWR until I dove in.

Update: The DQ VI deal was not suspended though they said they were having some "system issues." So, if you did not get your points with this game I'll be sending a $15 gift card and not waiting for points to post next week.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']We are not changing any offers, I'm just a little concerned about March offers through SYWR since all 3 this month so far have needed "help" from myself in order to pull them off and that isn't something you all deserve.

Don't worry about overloading me inbox, it is no trouble at all.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great!

I just sent the email btw.

[quote name='Scorch']Gotcha. He made it sound like he thought it was a PS3 exclusive with the "now that I have a PS3!" comment.

Any chance on a deal for Vanquish? Would love to see this one at $19.99...[/QUOTE]
I'll ask Sega this morning.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Most of my Tuesday emails will be attacked today. I was only waiting for some feedback from SYWR until I dove in.

Update: The DQ VI deal was not suspended though they said they were having some "system issues." So, if you did not get your points with this game I'll be sending a $15 gift card and not waiting for points to post next week.[/QUOTE]Josh, I didn't include my address in the email I sent you yesterday; should I send you another containing my address? Also, I was hoping to use the points from DQVI on Pokemon White--will the gift card arrive in time for its release?

Thanks so much for your diligence nonetheless! :applause:

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Yep, that's happening :) I'm actually working on sweetening it.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap! Free Yak 3 with Yak 4 and you're making it sweeter?! Count me in!
Hope you get to have a good weekend Josh! Helluva week, I'm sure.

[quote name='aznhero913']Sounds great!

I just sent the email btw.[/QUOTE]
Please do if you don't mind. Gift cards normally take 7 days since it's snail mail but it should arrive in time especially if I process it today.

[quote name='Vigilante']Josh, I didn't include my address in the email I sent you yesterday; should I send you another containing my address? Also, I was hoping to use the points from DQVI on Pokemon White--will the gift card arrive in time for its release?

Thanks so much for your diligence nonetheless! :applause:[/QUOTE]
If you could that would be great just so I can process the GC today. Appreciate it!

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Am I the only one that thinks the only way to pronounce SYWR as an accronym is "sewer"?[/QUOTE]
Shop Elsewhere With Every Retailer? Just kidding.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Am I the only one that thinks the only way to pronounce SYWR as an accronym is "sewer"?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not the only one.

[quote name='Vader582']Holy crap! Free Yak 3 with Yak 4 and you're making it sweeter?! Count me in!
Hope you get to have a good weekend Josh! Helluva week, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]
Always a good weekend with my lil' Josh :) He turns 1 this weekend so we definitely have some good plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back